• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 2,108 Views, 23 Comments

Haunting Aria - StormLuna



Six months ago Aria Blaze took you away from your new girlfriend, Sonata Dusk when she killed you. You vowed that you would haunt her for the rest of her days.

  • ...
14
 23
 2,108

A Bittersweet Ending

That night you were angry, very angry. You were sick and tired of seeing Aria continue to treat Sonata like dirt, you were getting frustrated that other than the one situation involving the knife, that Aria seemed unbreakable and you wished so badly that you could give Sonata the comfort she needed but there was one thing that couldn't happen. While you can put your arms around her, she can't put her arms around you and this hurts you so much.

That night you decided that you would forget about staying in Aria's room, you would stay in Sonata's room instead. Given that you had been in their house for a while you knew what Sonata's routine was. You always knew that she would go to the bathroom, brush her teeth, take her ponytail out and use some mouthwash before heading to bed so you went to her room and waited for her.


That night Sonata was feeling mixed emotions. While she was happy that she was actually able to see you, she was happy that you were able to hold her and she was glad that Adagio believed her, she was still upset about Aria treating her like dirt but what bothered her the most was the fact that she couldn't hold you the way you are able to hold her.

She began to cry, "I wish he never would have stayed to check on me! It hurts so much that I can't hold him, that I can't interact with him the way I could if he were alive." Her cries only became more intense, "I don't know why I bother. I can't have my only love, Aria treats me like shit and I'm not even sure if Adagio will always be here for me." She slammed her foot into the floor, "I wish I could just escape. I just wish I could return to him, the only guy that ever mattered to me!"


After what seemed to be forever to you, Sonata returned to her room and you stood there watching over her with a smile. You realized that all this time hanging out in Aria's room in anger was ridiculous when you could have been watching over your dream girl. Soon she fell asleep and you just stood there, wishing so badly that you and her could have one day been together in a loving relationship, turning in for the night together.

Ultimately this bothered you too much, knowing that you were never able to fulfill your dreams of being in a committed relationship with your dream girl and watching her sleep became too much for you so you headed downstairs and decided to sit on the couch and wait for daylight.

That morning however you would be stunned when you heard a loud shriek coming from upstairs, the yells of Aria, "Sonata, wake up, it is time for breakfast."

You heard that same snarl in Aria's voice you always heard but as you headed upstairs, you also heard the yells from Adagio but a different kind of yell, a yell of desperation, "Sonata, wake up, wake up!"

When you got up there you saw them shaking her, trying to wake her up. One thing you couldn't help but notice though was that as they were shaking her, her face was buried in her pillows. Finally Adagio pulled her to where her face was out of her pillows but it looked pale and lifeless. Adagio felt for a pulse but none was to be found. She began to cry in agony, "No, please no! Please don't be dead Sonata, please don't be dead."

With her sudden change towards Sonata's beliefs that you were there, that didn't surprise you but what would happen next would shock you. Aria broke down and began to cry in agony, yep, Aria. From the moment you first met her, you never saw her show this kind of emotion and honestly wondered if she even had a heart, had broken down in agony.

Once the two realized that their sister was indeed gone they called 911 but they knew it was all for naught, they knew that all they were doing was having their sister transported to the morgue. When the ambulance arrived you watched with a great amount of sadness as the body of your dream girl was carted away and her sisters headed out the house to begin preparing for Sonata's funeral.

Being killed was bad enough but seeing Sonata carted away like that was too much for you to bear. You had avoided going towards the light for months solely so that you could haunt Aria and keep an eye on Sonata. Now you felt like there was nothing left for you, you felt like you no longer had purpose in this world but still, you had no desire to head towards the light.

There you were in Sonata's room, leaning at the foot of her bed, crying, "Why, why, why? Why did she have to die? Why her when she was far more deserving of life than anyone else?"

As you leaned over her bed you felt arms wrap around you and heard a sweet voice whisper into your ear, "Come with me and everything will be ok."

The voice you heard, it was so familiar. That sweet voice you had heard just yesterday, it was the voice of your dream girl, Sonata Dusk. You got up and turned around and before you stood the first girl you had ever fallen for. She pulled you close and began to cry, "I missed you, I missed you so much!"

You too began to cry, "I missed you too Sonata, I missed you more than anything."

Before you knew it Sonata began to pull you close to her, just like she did on that fateful day in the cafeteria, she was pulling you in for a kiss. At this moment you were in a state of pure bliss, your girlfriend was pulling you in for a kiss and finally it happened. The moment that should have happened in the cafeteria finally happened as your lips met hers. For you it was like fireworks were going off as everything finally was perfect for you.

Soon she would break the kiss and grab you by the hand. She led you out the door and said, "Follow me sweetie, follow me to a land where we can share eternity together."

She led you out the door and off to your right you saw what you had been avoiding for months, the light. You looked at Sonata and she gave you that same adorable smile she always had and you knew the time had come. Your purpose in this world had been fulfilled so you walked with your dream girl, arm in arm, hand in hand, into the light knowing that never again would you have to see all the hate and sorrow this world was filled with. Instead, you would live in eternal peace with the one person who ever really mattered to you, your dream girl and beloved girlfriend, Sonata Dusk.

The End

Comments ( 17 )

I like to see a sequel to this Aria forced to live with what she caused. The death of two people who were so in love.
Wonder how Adagio will treat her now from all this.

This chapter title is iterally what I would say about is story. A true bittersweet ending. Poor Adiago though. Stuck with Aria's bitchiness forever

8113739

I like to see a sequel to this Aria forced to live with what she caused. The death of two people who were so in love.

Wonder how Adagio will treat her now from all this.

Let me think about the sequel, I never had any thoughts about how Adagio will treat her over this BUT I did one focused on Sonata, one that focused more on Aria so I suppose I should do one regarding Adagio as well. Of course it wouldn't be 2nd person since "you" is dead....which may make it easier for me to write.




8113740

This chapter title is iterally what I would say about is story. A true bittersweet ending. Poor Adiago though. Stuck with Aria's bitchiness forever

I never thought about Adagio having to put up with Aria's "bitchiness." However, it is Aria's personality in Rainbow Rocks that made her my favorite siren....I'm thinking I should do one centering around Adagio's and Aria's lives in their post-Sonata world.

8113739 It didn't take me long and I have decided to do a sequel to this and I don't want to spoil anything but for those who like her, I will be throwing Sunset into this one!

8114022 Sounds good. I hope you enjoy it.

Even better than the prequel! That ending from the last one kinda wasn't my favourite, and this seemed like a much more satisfying conclusion. However, I did read the comments and I say I would enjoy a sequel. I enjoy sequels to all good stories, good ending or not.

8114048 Well after seeing someone wanting a sequel, I plan on writing one and it will be based more around Adagio but unlike the others, it will be a normal third person fic and will include Sunset Shimmer.

Dawww cute ending for a cute story, I can't wait to see what you will do next it really was an amazing sequel and you gave me the satisfaction of everything but one thing I don't understand is how Sonata died...? Maybe you can explain this in the sequel?

8118744 What killed Sonata is speculative between Aria and Adagio but I will mention very briefly at one point what the autopsy report was....and Sunset will tell Dagi to go by that so she isn't stressing over it so much.

MJP

why are there suddenly so may dazzling fics

8135201 I just got an urge to write them, an urge to change things up a bit.

MJP

8135220 no I meant on the site in general

8135236 Perhaps quite a few people just got the urge to write them.

Here’s a nice song to make Aria happy:

Wow, this really was bittersweet.

10534039

That is how I intended it to be.

10534057
Yea, but I was honestly expecting it to be more bitter than sweet, or more sweet than bitter.

Login or register to comment