• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 2,131 Views, 23 Comments

Haunting Aria - StormLuna



Six months ago Aria Blaze took you away from your new girlfriend, Sonata Dusk when she killed you. You vowed that you would haunt her for the rest of her days.

  • ...
13
 23
 2,131

Haunting Aria

Several days had passed and despite multiple night time appearances and not so pleasant warnings, Aria had yet to be affected by you. During her days she still behaved as she normally does, she never said a word about you and she still headed to bed every night with a level head on her shoulders without an ounce of fear as to whether you would show up and grab her or not. You realized that mere warnings at night would no longer suffice.

Another morning had arrived and just like clockwork, Aria was the first to arrive in the kitchen and pour herself a bowl of cereal. One thing you learned this day was that you didn't have to be visible to interact with people. You walked up behind Aria and whispered "murderer" into her ear. She turned around and asked, "Who's there?"

She turned back around and resumed fixing her breakfast. When she saw her sisters come in she realized that she simply could not tell them that she heard a voice whisper into her ear. You watched Aria eating her breakfast and other than that one initial reaction, she continued to behave as though nothing at all had happened. You realized that Aria is even tougher than she looks, you realized that simply whispering in her ear would not suffice. While you had no plans to truly harm her, you wanted to do something to actually scare her, something that would fracture that tough and fearless attitude of hers.

You walked around the house throughout the day just waiting for the right moment. You heard Aria talking about the three having pork chops for dinner and realized that you could use this to your advantage. Finally supper time had arrived and Aria was pulling the chops out of the oven. Since she cooked them, she got first choice and naturally took the biggest ones. When she went to reach for a knife to cut it with, you caused the container the knives were in to shake.

She had a stunned look on her face for a moment before her typical scowl returned. You thought for sure that would scare her but just like always, she was not even affected by it. You realized that different methods would have to be used, methods that may cause her sisters to know you are there and in the case of Sonata, know that you do still love her.

After supper that night the three sat down to watch TV and not much was on. While Sonata wanted to watch sappy teen romance shows, Adagio and Aria decided to turn it to VH1 Classic. Sonata seemed sad so you decided that not only would you try to spook Aria, but Adagio as well.

After ten minutes of them watching music videos, you set your plan in action. The TV started to get snowy which should not happen with the digital cable they had. Aria stormed up to the TV and smacked it, "Damn it, what the hell's going on?"

You caused the TV to fade to black before a very faint image of yourself appeared and you said, "Sonata, I love you. I'm here for you."

This caused Sonata's head to shoot up as she had not heard your voice since the day you were killed. She began to cry, "Is it you? Is it really you? I love you too!"

This not only affected Sonata but it caused Adagio to shriek in terror, "Aria, Sonata, do you see that? Did you hear that? Sonata's old boyfriend is in our TV!"

Aria looked at the TV and sure enough, there you were but she simply thought something was wrong with the TV and smacked it again. Finally you release your hold on it and much to your dismay, the video for "Another One Bites the Dust" was playing which only brought about a laugh from Aria, "Hey Sonata, it looks like your dead boyfriend is playing his swan song on TV!"

Much to your surprise it is not Sonata who yelled over her comment but Adagio, "Aria, you saw it and heard it just as much as we did!" She calmed down for a minute before nervously continuing, "Maybe he is here watching over Sonata since he still loves her."

You thought maybe this would make Aria stop and think but you were wrong. She yelled, "What? You're becoming as bad as Sonata." She glared at them both and sneered, "You know what, you're both the worst!"

Sonata broke down crying and Adagio got into a shouting match with her sister,

"Aria, you can't deny it now! I know it sounds crazy but he is here. He is watching over Sonata and is trying to freak us out because of how we treat her!"

"Whatever Adagio, if you want to believe her dead boyfriend is here then be my guest." She pointed her finger towards their bedrooms and continued, "Why don't you go up with Sonata and play with her ouija board or whatever dumb shit she does to screw things up."

"Look Aria, I'm just concerned that he may do something to you in your sleep."

"You watch too many of those fake ass ghost shows Dagi. Look, I'm going to bed, good night."

You stand there in shock over their short argument. While it is obvious that you have gotten through to Adagio without even trying to scare her, Aria is still completely unfazed by what you have been doing. You stand there and decide to take one more chance on trying to get her to break.

Once everyone went to bed you again went into Aria's room and waited for her to go to sleep. You look over on her dresser and see her stereo and get an idea. You think that perhaps if you can cause it to start blaring as loudly as possible, not only will you wake her up, but her sisters as well and with any luck, they will see her scared over it.

Once she had been asleep for a couple of hours you cause her stereo to start blaring as loud as possible. Out of the speakers is coming your voice, "Murderer, murderer, murderer."

She quickly gets up and screeches, "What the fuck?"

She turns on the light and you were hoping to see a look of fear in her eyes but that was not what you saw. You saw a look of anger as she ripped the cord out of the outlet and was yelling, "Shut up, shut up, shut up!"

Finally Adagio came rushing into your room and as she entered, you had the stereo go quiet to make Aria look like a fool. Adagio asked, "Aria, what the hell were you doing with your stereo so loud and why were you screaming obscenities?"

Aria replied, "Look, I don't know what's going on. My stereo came on and started blaring as loud as possible. Maybe it was a power surge or something."

It wasn't long until Sonata joined Aria and Adagio in your room. You thought that maybe this was your chance to finally get Aria to know you're there since her stereo was unplugged. You had the stereo power up again and out the speakers came, "I love you Sonata, I will always love you." You then decide to do something that may shock her into believing, "Aria, I want you to know I wish you no ill will, I just wish you would stop being so mean to Sonata."

As you looked at the three you saw a shocked look on the faces of both Sonata and Adagio, but the same scowl in Aria's face. Sonata yelled, "Do you believe now Aria! He is here looking after me and wants me to know he loves me."

Adagio added, "Look Aria, it was just earlier today I would have thought this was a bunch of BS but after the incident with the TV, I know it's real."

You looked on in disgust as Aria simply pointed out and said, "Look, we can talk about this tomorrow. I just want some sleep."

Aria's sisters headed back to bed and within five minutes, Aria had fallen back asleep. At this point you weren't sure if anything would break her. You had grabbed her, you shook the knife container, you whispered in her ear, you messed with the TV, you nearly choked her a couple of times and you caused her stereo to go haywire but still, outside of a couple angry outbursts, she remained unfazed. Finally you realize that you may have to scare her in a much worse way than you ever wanted.