• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 2,129 Views, 23 Comments

Haunting Aria - StormLuna



Six months ago Aria Blaze took you away from your new girlfriend, Sonata Dusk when she killed you. You vowed that you would haunt her for the rest of her days.

  • ...
13
 23
 2,129

The Verdict

The past six months had been tough on everyone. The trauma of seeing you killed in front of the whole student body by Aria had the school on edge, the city of Canterlot had been in a constant state of nervousness as Aria's murder trial progressed but the one most affected by your death was Sonata. The girl who was once one of the most cheerful and friendly girls at CHS had fallen into a deep depression and refused to interact with anyone except her sister, Adagio, fearing that her other overprotective sister would take someone she cared about as well.

Despite being dead, as a spirit you have been keeping an eye on things. During the day you watch over the court proceedings glaring at Aria and during the evenings you go home with Adagio and Sonata to keep an eye on the one you love. Despite her not knowing you are there and not being able to do anything when Adagio is unpleasant towards her, you remain there because you love Sonata.


Six months to the day after your death and after a rather speedy trial, the day had arrived where Aria would either be found guilty or innocent. You, along with many, many other people have gathered in the courtroom to see if the girl who killed you would be convicted. You look around and you see Sonata with a sad look on her face. You know she is full of despair because either way she will lose. If Aria is found guilty, she will lose her sister and if she is found not guilty, Aria will not be held accountable for your death.

You watch as the whole courtroom stands at attention as the judge enters the courtroom. Once he orders everyone to sit down he asks the jury if they have come to a decision and they say yes. You, along with everyone else watch in anticipation as the judge opens the envelope and begins to read it,

"In the case of Canterlot v. Aria Blaze, we the jury find the defendant guilty on the count of murder in the first degree."

Everyone in the courtroom is pleased with the results, with the exception of Aria, her lawyer and her sisters. You feel as though your death has been avenged but then you look at Sonata and see her begin to tear up and can't help but wonder what if? What if the jury had acquitted her? Would she be tearing up?

One thing you do not know though is that unlike it is in Whinnyapolis, the sentence is read along with the verdict to shorten trial times. You watch as the courtroom goes quiet as the judge continues,

"We the jury, have decided that since Aria is a minor AND psychiatrists have determined that she did this as an act of impulse, that her sentence will be five years of unsupervised probation."

After hearing this, the courtroom was almost completely quiet, save one individual. You look over to see Sonata in tears crying over how your death was not accounted for which only drew out a negative reaction from Adagio telling her to shut up. The next thing you notice is something you never saw before, a smile coming from Aria as she was uncuffed as the trial ended.

Sonata and her sisters left the courthouse and you followed them. You knew that things would likely get bad for who was your girlfriend and despite not being able to do anything, you wanted to be there for her.