• Published 9th Jul 2012
  • 2,239 Views, 45 Comments

Red Bull Gives You Wings! - P0nies



Scootaloo finds out about Red Bull, but does it really give you wings?

  • ...
1
 45
 2,239

23 Cans

Scootaloo stood in front of a market store, the crystal clear glass glaring back at her with the reflection of a orange coated, purple maned filly. The fillies mouth drooped open with a large grin on her face, the sight of what she had always wanted just within reach if what she was reading was actually real. Her brain reveled in the idea of what was put into words before her. Through the window in the storefront stood a five foot tall soda can that was at least two feet wide, with two red bulls locked in head-to-head combat printed onto its side. Next to it was a small sign, the corners etched with the same red bulls that had been printed onto the can. And on the sign were the words that Scootaloo had assumed meant the best for flight, and for any feasible future of hers:

Red Bull Gives You Wings!

It was the words that meant everything that anything could ever mean to her, and it was almost as important as Rainbow Dash. Almost, but nothing could ever be as important as her mentor and idol. The can stood in the window, mocking her and calling for her to come and taste the sweet nectar stored within the aluminum can. With a smile on her face, she darted into the shop, never letting the can leave her sight, the phrase Red Bull Gives You Wings! now etched into her very mind. Scootaloo made no haste to the register, standing behind other ponies who were at least twice her size. Her body shook in anticipation, and in her mind she racked over every possible outcome from her having real wings. The shop was filled with snacks and goodies, ranging from Spicy Hay Fries to Alfalfa Chips. Everything looked as if it could solve any hunger situation and flood her taste buds with the full flavored awesomeness, but her mind was somewhere else, locked onto the giant can of Red Bull sitting in the storefront display window.

The clerk finished with the customer in front of Scootaloo, but she didn't notice anything else around her besides the can that could mean the difference between fame, and lame. The can began to call to her, at first whispering to her “Hey...” and gradually getting louder. It became so loud that at one point, she awoke from her trance to the clerk yelling at her to either buy something or get out of line. She nervously laughed and gave a small smile to the clerk behind the register and the ponies standing behind her, where a large line of colts and mares had piled up behind her in wait to get on with their business.

She stepped up to the register and placed her hooves on the lightly scratched plastic counter, pulling out a small bag of bits, tossing it to the clerk. He glanced down at the bag of bits, and back at Scootaloo, leaning over the counter to see if she had been holding anything in her hooves. They were empty, and he gave her a confused look, unsure of what she had wanted to buy with all the bits she had given to him. Scootaloo just stood there, her mind racing through the life she could have with wings, and the careers. The thought of being a Wonderbolt raced through her mind, the grin extending into a large, beaming smile on her face as she awaited an answer to the question she had only asked subconsciously.

“Kid,” the clerk said to Scootaloo with an annoyed tone, “You know you can't buy anything if you don't have anything to buy.”

“Huh? Oh, yeah! That giant Red Bull thing!” she said in an energetic voice, pointing over to the can sitting in the display window.

“That's only a display,” he told her, counting the bits she had tossed him.

“Oh,” Scootaloo said disappointingly.

“And aren't you a little young for these?” He asked her. “You have to be at least 16 for these kid, and you're what, 11?

“No!” Scootaloo yelled, glaring at him for possibly ruining her dream. “I mean, no? Here, wait a sec.” Scootaloo ran out the door to her scooter, reaching into the helmet that hung from her handlebars, pulling out an fake ID. She rushed back up to the counter and placed it with a smacking sound.

The cashier picked up the ID, and fiddled it with his hooves. He wasn't entirely convinced about the ID, as he looked at it, back at Scootaloo, and back at the ID again. “So, you mean to tell me, Ms. Scootamcawesome, that you are actually 34?”

“Uh... yeah?” Scootaloo responded nervously, a quick response forming inside of her head. “Growth hindrance!” She yelled out, smiling to herself on how complicated and smart the reply had made her sound.

“Yeah, sure. If you are who you say you are, where were you born?”

Scootaloo racked her mind for the information, but nothing that she knew for sure came to mind. So she said the only place that had come to her mind. “Neighwaii?”

“Alright, sorry for the hold up Ms. Scootamcawesome,” He said, tossing her back the ID but still on the verge of denying it, but he didn't want to do any paper work right now.

“My bits?” Scootaloo asked sternly.

“Here,” he sighed, almost handing the bits back to Scootaloo, “Or you can buy 23 cans of those there,” he said, motioning towards the fridge at the six inch cans.

Scootaloo's eyes lit up as they fell upon the fridge that held the sodas, the glass door providing a window to the contents inside. Lit with a fluorescent bulb, the red bulls and the checkered pattern of blue made a small glow, row after row and shelf after shelf of Red Bull laying in wait for the next customer. The colt that stood behind Scootaloo shot a glance at the store clerk, visually asking him why he just let a small filly with a fake ID have so much caffeine and other herbal energy supplements.

“I'll take it!” Scootaloo shouted, rushing over to the fridge. She threw the door open and began counting out the sodas, adding to the growing pile in her hooves.

By the time she had counted to eighteen, there was no way she could physically carry the last 5 sodas. Her legs were shaking, and the contents that were held in her hooves were already unstable as it was. In an attempt to take the last 5 cans, she kicked one up onto the top of the pile in her hooves. It threw her off balance and toppled her and the pile to the floor. The store became filled with the sound of clanking cans as they began to make more of a mess with each passing second.

“You need a bag there?” The clerk asked her, trying to keep the obscenities in his mind from becoming speech.

“Heh, yeah I do, huh?” Scootaloo said sheepishly, quickly running over and snagging a few bags from his hooves.

She rushed back over to the toppled pile of cans, grabbing the cans that threatened to roll away and stuffing them into the thin plastic bagging. Scootaloo's body began to visibly shake, the excitement in her body growing to an almost unimaginable level. The bags grew heavier as one can after the other was tossed or stuffed into one, Scootaloo trying to haul as little bags as possible thinking that it would be a lighter load on her small body. She waddled out of the store with two overflowing bags of Red Bull in each hoof. The struggle to keep the bags from dragging on the plank flooring was a long and hard battle, the splinters on the floor attempting to tear open the bags. With the battle finally over as she left the store, she made way over to the scooter and placed the cans into the wagon where the other Cutie Mark Crusaders normally sat.

But they wouldn't need the seats, they were already waiting for her to arrive with their lunch at the Clubhouse, Scootaloo just now realizing that she had spent their hayburger money on Red Bull. She tossed her helmet onto her head, creasing the purple mane into her eyes. She braced the handebars of the scooter, and placed her hooves on the deck. With a swift kick and a flutter of her small underdeveloped wings, a plume of dust formed behind her as the scooter tore along the dusty dirt roads, heading for the Crusader Clubhouse.

Comments ( 45 )

Hope you enjoy this fic, was just a small idea, and after all, Red Bull gives you wings!

Not too sure how well it turned out... Hope it turned out to be enjoyable!

I knew that this would be coming someday...

This can't end well.:twilightoops:

This will be hilarious.

We shall see where this rolls.

Judging by the style, this should be good :pinkiehappy:

*One summer break and 180+ cans of Red Bull later*

HEY!WHERE'SMYWINGS?YOUPROMISEDMEWINGS!I'MGONNASUESOMEBODYHERE! :twilightangry2: :flutterrage:

(On a serious note;

Yeah, I drank that much in a single summer break lasting 9-10 weeks. I saved all the cans and then counted them and landed somewhere between 180-220.)

OMG dudde, I literally had this idea on the brohoof server yesterday. Damnit. :twilightangry2:
Did you happen to be on there?
Well, my idea was different, it was that Twilight was gonna try to become an Alicorn and overthrow Celestia...
But still, Redbull.

HOLY SHIT. I'm gonna read this right away!

MOAR! :scootangel:
This is such a weird concept to write about but it's strangely entertaining so write on my good fellow!

My god, this is gonna be good....:rainbowlaugh:

I head that statement over a dozen times and it was only some struggle to not hit the disslike buttom and the report buttom. I will mabye read this before anything.

This won't end well.
Can't wait to see what happens.

883148 Why would you report this? It's not like I did anything wrong... :twilightoops:

883059 And I wasn't on the brohoof server at all so... yeah :derpytongue2:

You're a genius, you know that?

883309 Well, yeah. Everypony knew this was gonna be a thing eventually :P. There's probably like, eight stories like this that have come before both of us.

883313 I don't think a genius is the right word... But also, This:
cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23178398.jpg

Kinda makes sense if ya think about it :derpytongue2:

See how this ends up!

883323 Yeah, and I think that this guy 883148 might have thought about reporting me for using that idea, but if you've thought of it, so has someone else. I just was loading some Red Bull at work yesterday, and I'm like... Wings... Scoot... Must make this a fic now :rainbowlaugh:

883043 Dude... that's a lot of Red Bull :rainbowlaugh: close to at least $400 worth.

883337 I doubt he'll be able to report you, much less have written that story in the first place... No offense, andmos :P Just sayin.

883368

Let's see...

20 SEK (Swedish kronor) * 180= 3600 SEK

Dunno exactly but lets say 1$= 8 SEK

3600 / 8= $480

Just for the lols;
20 * 220= 4400 SEK
4400 / 8= $550


So in short terms;
During 9 Weeks (or so) I drank Red Bull worth of 480-550 dollars.
Meaning I drank about 3-4 cans of Red Bull, EVERY DAY.

What's the worst part of it all is that my weigth dropped from 56Kg to 48Kg.

883702 Wow, thats quite a bit of energy drink per day... and not so good on your body either as it looks.

883664 Yeah, no doubt :derpytongue2:

We had this one coming, didn't we?

883309 Well, to have a produkt on the comersial here is not allowed. And the story was a sort of that.

883744 There is nothing that says I can't have a product from RL here, but there is a rule that a story can't be about a specific person. This doesn't break any rules, so I don't see why you find it necessary to say you thought about reporting me. Because this fic is based on the CMC and what happens after an energy drink, specifically Red Bull because of the 'It gives you wings!' it does not break any given rule.

So, unless you are going to report the story don't say that you are, because I have been breaking no rules. And if it was, do you really think a mod would have passed this is moderation? Because really, the title has a clear reference to Red Bull and the cover art does too, so why would a mod let this through if it did break the rules? Just sayin, but you seem to be lacking argument here.

and also, "Commercial", "Product".

883812 Don't worry, I wont:ajsmug:

Wonder if theres gonna be a "fry drinks 100 cups of coffee and stops time" deal, because that would be totally awesome
883744
You do realise that the whole site is based around the products and production of a toy company?

This story made me want to punch that clerk so hard, I just wished it worked like that in real life:twilightangry2:......................Anyways great story. I hope Sweetiebelle or some other unicorn drinks it and becomes a pegacorn.:scootangel:




Arrivederci:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Oh boy. The CMCs and Red Bull...
t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBt7oLISkk8S7ILdgSXTb9V9B6MZPZYs9X88FPY8ZUaI4SlSwHPeWuTd-SqQ

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"
-Vaas, Far Cry 3-

Well someone is going to have a heart attack. Also, Red Bull is vile and should not be consumed by those with taste buds.

I find it hilarious that Scoots has a fake ID at that young of an age. Hmmm, Featherweights got the camera & access to a printing press. Wonder if he's got a side job making fake ID"s!! :rainbowhuh:

OC

Damned ponies breaking the fourth wall stealing my red bulls:twilightangry2::twilightangry2:

... Yeah, I'd believe Scootaloo is thirty-four. :coolphoto:

CHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUG...

*Grabs popcorn* This... should be interesting, to say the least. :rainbowlaugh: Keep it up!

I can not WAIT untill I see Sweetie Beele bouncing off the walls with this, got a feeling that these three are going to do the most extrame (well...even more) to obtain their cutie marks.....this is going to be GOOOODDDDDDD!!! Also...Come on, Scoots, how could you waste their money like that, they are your friends....one of the main things that bothered me about this though is the fact that Rull Bull is a human created engry drink, would it not make more sense to create something along the lines of the creatures of this land...such as....Red Wings, or Red Pony or even.....Alicorn bull? I don't know...point is you think of changing the name?

Liking the idea, but I hope things get a little more original than just 'bouncing off the walls'. Caffeine overdose can give heart palpatations, jitters, weight loss as someone pointed out. There's a lot of obvious things that can happen, but I for one am hoping some less obvious things also happen.

Ie: Sweetie Belle takes a gulp while Scoots is away, starts shaking and finally casts her first spell! Once the smoke clears, both Applebloom and Sweetie Belle (maybe even Winona, just for kicks) have gossamer wings. And Scootaloo still can't fly. Stuff like that.

This...is not going to end well, is it?

Login or register to comment