• Published 24th Apr 2017
  • 4,927 Views, 35 Comments

Friendship Games : Celestial Perspective - Twilight_Shimmer



What if when Midnight Sparkle opened the tears between worlds Celestia managed to catch a glimpse of her former student?

  • ...
4
 35
 4,927

The one and only chapter.

Celestia watched as the tears in reality opened in the Equestrian sky all around Canterlot, only half listening as a royal messenger gave her reports of other tears appearing all over Equestria. Celestia’s eyes were locked on one of the tears in particular one which was allowing her to see a school where a girl who looked almost like a nightmare version of Twilight Sparkle floated in the air laughing darkly.

“Twilight you can’t do this!” Celestia heard Sunset Shimmer say to the demonic Twilight.
“Why not?” Twilight replied, “There’s a whole other world right there and it is just filled with magic!”

“But you are destroying this world to get it!” was Sunsets reply as Celestia continued to watch the scene.

“So what!? There’s more magic there, and I want to understand it ALL!” Twilight bellowed before unleashing another blast of magic that opened an even larger tear in reality.

Celestia breath caught in her throat as she watched few kids nearly fall into Equestria, a fall that could have been fatal had that been not caught by whom she assumed to be the human counterparts to the Elements of harmony. Her breath soon caught in her throat again as a girl looking like Rarity lost her grip while holding two other girls. Celestia noted with great relief that Rarity was quickly caught by two other girls and pulled up to safety.

Celestia then focused back on Sunset who was holding a device in her hand, that she suspected was part of the cause of the current situation. Then she blinked a bit as one by one the human counterparts to the Elements of Harmony began to glow. A small smile was blooming on Celestia’s face as she looked up on Sunset’s face, which only be described as one who has had a moment of realization.

“This ISN'T the way!” Celestia heard Sunset say. “I know you feel powerful right now. I have made the same mistake you're making. I put on a crown and just like you I was overcome by the magic it contained, I thought it could give me everything I wanted.”

“Oh you're wrong, unlike YOU I CAN get everything I want!” was Midnight Sparkle’s reply, a name Celestia decided on the fly, and though she didn’t know it was a name the Twilight would later come to refer to her nightmare self.

“No, you can't!” Sunset countered. “Even with all that magic and power, you’ll still be alone! True magic comes from Honesty! Loyalty! Laughter! Generosity! Kindness!” And as Sunset listed each of the Elements, her friends began to glow with power.

Celestia’s smile grow tenfold as she watched the scene and a few tears appear in her eyes as she watched former student suddenly begin to lift into the air.
“I understand you Twilight, and I want to show you the MOST important magic of all!” she said as the magic of her friends entered the device.Sunset then slammed it shut and then threw it to the ground before being engulfed by the magic. When the light of the magic had cleared, it left Sunset floating in the air on the wings of flame. “The Magic of Friendship!” Sunset finished.

Celestia’s heart soared at Sunset’s transformation, almost making her think of a phoenix. She then watched as Sunset called forth a great power and quickly sealed all the rifts around her including the one Celestia had been watching through.

“I am very, very proud of you my faithful student, so very, very proud” Celestia said softly as she wiped away a few tears. She had no doubt in her heart, that Sunset would save the other girl and show her the path to friendship.

“Is everything alright sister?” Luna asked and she walked up and sat down beside Celestia.

“Yes,” was Celestia’s reply as she turned and faced her little sister. “Everything will be just fine” Celestia then gave a small smile as she made her way through the castle, making her way to the gardens before spreading her wings and taking to the sky, and began to make her way towards Ponyville. After all she had a few things she needed to say to her former student, and now was the perfect time to do so.

Later that night as Twilight slept, Princess Celestia quietly slipped into Twilight's Castle. Taking care not to wake Twilight or Spike she took the Magical Journal off its pedestal and began to write.

"My Dearest Faithful Student, I am writing this to you (without Twilight knowing I might add) to tell you how very very proud I am of you. You have come a very long way since you ran away from home. We have both said things we very much regret, and we both have made mistakes we wish we could take back. But that is in the past. I have heard about how you helped Princess Twilight to unite your Canterlot High friends to defeat the Sirens, and while you do not know it, I watched part of your battle with your worlds Twilight and saw you harness the power of friendship, and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind you were able to save her. Again, I cannot even begin to say how very proud of you I am, and want you to know I forgive you for your mistakes and hope you can forgive me mine. I hope that one day you will return home, even just for a visit as I know you have made a life where you are. Just know that you will always be welcomed with open hooves.

"Your loving teacher: Princess Celestia"

Nodding in satisfaction Princess Celestia replaced the journal back on it's pedestal where it belonged before silently making her way out of Twilight's home. She took to the sky once more and made her way back home.

Author's Note:

So this is like my second attempt at writing a short story, and it took a LOT of revisions just to meet the annoying 1000 word minimum :rainbowlaugh: So I do not know how well this is going to turn out. It is however an idea that I have had floating around in my mind for sometime now and finally decided why not? And decided to try and write it out. Hopefully those who read it will enjoy it. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 35 )

It's pretty good, this would've been a good deleted scene idea in the Equestria Girls- Friendship Games where one of the tears into Equestria with Princess Celestia seeing both Sunset Shimmer and Midnight Sparkle are battling it out. :pinkiehappy: Though I do wonder if Celestia would be worrying about Princess Twilight Sparkle ending up like human Twilight's transformation into Midnight Sparkle. :pinkiegasp:

8116207 That thought actually did spring to my own mind as well. :twilightsmile:

8116230 One or just both of them?

8116262 Both actually. As I wrote this, I thought "If twilight hadn't become Celestia's student, or Something unexpected happened, could she have turned out like the Human Twilight?"

8116277 Honestly, I think it could go either way when I've seen some people on here that would like the see Twilight and/or her friends become the antagonist villain (probably embracing their darker selves) from being at a breaking point of no return or something like that. :rainbowderp: Though I did see Twilight used dark magic a couple of times before on a couple of episodes, so like I said it could go either way.

8116305 Even Celestia demonstrated Dark Magic to Twilight once if my memory serves me

8116317 That's correct. In the first part of the Crystal Empire, Celestia did demonstrated Twilight one dark magic when after she told her 'If hatred and fear take hold'. Basically to me, I thought it won't be the first and last I've seen dark magic again. There's bound to be more of it pop up out of nowhere in the near weeks or months on the show or movies.

8116348 I just updated the story a little with a few minor changes, thanks to a friend of mine who went over the story with me in google docs.

I LOVE THIS STORY, please say you have a sequel in the works for it, I just got to know what Sunset will say or do when she see's that entry from Princess Celestia.

8118047 Honestly speaking this was just an idea that kinda just came to me one day and would not leave me be till I did something with it. I Suppose I could try and think something up for a sequel. Or if anyone else would like to write a follow up, I would be more then happy to allow it, :twilightsmile:

I agree. This really could have been in the actual movie! Well done on your first story, sister (or... brother). :twilightsmile:

This wasn't bad, but it feels...unpolished. Bare-boned. Bare minimum, it'd be a good idea if Celestia gave some reason for not helping when others' lives are at stake.

8266251
In my defense it was my first story, and my goal was to keep true to the movie while adding in a what if. In this case the what if being Celestia watching from one of Rifts.:twilightsmile: I am unsure what else I could have done to be honest,:derpytongue2:

8266262

Fair enough. Still, it seems kinda cold to stand back and do nothing while others' lives are in danger. Her being proud of Sunset Shimmer is perfectly fine, and in-character, but Celestia isn't the sort to sit back and do nothing when she sees someone who needs help.

8266280
out of curiosity, what would you have done? how would you have done it?:rainbowhuh:

8266349

Well, I'd have it pretty much the way you did, but I'd have Celestia do more than simply sit back and be passive about it. Have her order some Royal Guards to keep watch and be at the ready in case someone fell through the holes in the fabric of reality, for one thing.

8267100
Huh, you make a good point there. :twilightsmile:

8267120
I do try to present sensible arguments. Most of the time I even succeed. :yay:

I do wonder what Sunset's reply is though.

9637510
I never thought that much about it really, but I'd like to think they continued to write each other and eventually visited each other:twilightsmile:

9637572
It'd still be nice to see what Sunset's reply is.

8266349

I'd have her try to go through the rift and bounce off, realizing that they are one-way rifts only.

This was very fluffy.
Nice work. :twilightsmile:

10105015
Thanks! It had been something in my head that I just had to try and write :twilightsmile:

10105021
That's how all my stories start too. :pinkiehappy:

10105024
I have other ideas too, but no clue how to actually fully implement them. Such as one that takes place duing the episode "Bats" in which when Twilight goes to fix Fluttershy, she sneezes right as she casts her spell. As a result instead of fixing Fluttershy, she turns all of Ponyville into batponys. (non Feral)

10105028
That could be really amusing to read. :eeyup:

10105034
Actually I forgot one "small" detail. One pony in ponyville DIDNT get changed into a bat pony, and that was because she was out of town. Spoiled Rich, who returns to town the following morning to a seemingly deserted town, totally unaware of what happened. Interestingly she also has a huge bat phobia

10105055
I actually DID have an old start to it on my old pc, but it (the pc) got fried in a powerouttage a lil before last Halloween lol. So I'd have to start from scratch

Quite lovely. I do enjoy it.

“I am very, very proud of you my faithful student, so very, very proud” Celestia said softly as she wiped away a few tears. She had no doubt in her heart, that Sunset would save the other girl and show her the path to friendship.

And luckily she did celestia. :twilightsmile:

Nodding in satisfaction Princess Celestia replaced the journal back on it's pedestal where it belonged before silently making her way out of Twilight's home. She took to the sky once more and made her way back home.

Twilight is sure gonna be surprised when she finds out that celestia did this.

Lovely Story. I really enjoy the concept of Sunset and Celestia's reconciliation. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment