• Published 18th Apr 2017
  • 3,081 Views, 7 Comments

Confliction - Just A Random Pegasus



Starlight and Trixie are going to the Grand Galloping Gala together, Starlight eager to have a romantic night with her marefriend. However, the night becomes anything but relaxing when rumors spread about Trixie having gone up to Blueblood's bedroom.

  • ...
7
 7
 3,081

Confliction

"How could you forget about that, Twilight? Why else would Princess Celestia give me a ticket to the Gala other than the fact that I've saved Equestria?" Trixie asked, swishing her tail. Twilight ruffled her feathers.

"Eh he, sorry. I haven't forgotten, I was just..."

"Surprised your old rival is going to a fancy party?"

Twilight nodded. "Yes, actually."

Starlight giggled and pulled Trixie in close. "Well, as long as you don't turn everything into teacups, it should be okay. After all, I'll be watching over you the whole time."

Trixie pulled away. "You bet, Starry."

Twilight giggled. "This is adorable, Trixie, but I'm still confused as of why you waited until the night of to tell us you're getting ready with us to go to the Gala."

Trixie rolled her eyes. "I thought it would have been obvious! I am dating your old protégé, after all! It's obvious she would be staying with you guys, and I'm staying with her!"

Rarity squealed. "Oh, you two are oh so adorable! But Twilight is right, Trixie. We didn't plan to have another guest getting ready with us tonight."

Trixie shrugged. "Oh well. I mean, I have my own dress and everything, so I'm not too much of a burden."

Starlight looked at the topaz necklace she had kept around her neck since Trixie gave it to her. A smile climbed up her face as she looked to the others. "Yeah, and she'll be staying with me the whole time anyway. She can get ready with us, right?"

Pinkie nodded. "Of course she can! The bigger the crowd, the better!"

Trixie smiled. "Alright, now I have to get this dress on-"

"I'll do your mane!" Rarity chimed in. Trixie blinked.

"Weren't you guilt tripping me just a second ago for not telling anyone about my arrival?"

Rarity waved a hoof. "Darling, even if you pushed me to my breaking point, I would still volunteer to do your mane. Nopony should go to the Gala looking like they just rolled out of bed."


As the eight mares stepped out of the carriage and onto the busy Canterlot street, Spike closed the door and walked with them.

"So this is your first gala, isn't it, Starlight?" He asked the mare next to him. Starlight nodded.

"Yep! I'm excited!"

Spike chuckled. "Well, this party isn't too exciting. I mean, something crazy has happened each year we've went, so it's been pretty entertaining. Well, for them at least. During the first Gala I sat in the donut shop the whole time."

Starlight giggled. "Why am I not surprised?"

Spike shrugged. "Hey, donuts are the best things in the world! It's not my fault they didn't serve them at the Gala!"

Trixie poked her head into the conversation. "Wait, if they don't serve donuts, what do they serve?"

"Really bad Canterlot food. It literally tastes like nothing. I'll be in the donut shop in a short time ordering good food"

Trixie groaned. "Oh, come on! I hate Canterlot cuisine!"

Spike chuckled. "Don't we all?"

Starlight nodded. "Yeah. But, anyways, I'm not looking for a crazy night. Just one to spend with the love of my life, is all," she said, welcoming Trixie's following nuzzle.

Spike walked at a faster pace. "I'll give you two a little bit of privacy, then," he said, moving up to talk to Twilight. Starlight and Trixie giggled.

"Even with the bad food, I'm still looking forward to tonight. After all, we haven't really had a romantic night without you killing the mood," Starlight commented. Trixie playfully swatted Starlight, earning a giggle.

"Hey! It's not my fault you get too sappy for me to handle!" She replied, her cheeks flushing.

Starlight nudged her marefriend's shoulder. "Well, you need to find a liking for my attachment. You know you love me."

Trixie looked to the ground and smiled. "Yes, I guess I do."

As they entered, the group quickly found Princess Celestia who greeted them with a bright smile. Starlight was about to go off with Trixie when Celestia's voice interrupted her.

"Starlight, can I have a conversation with you and Twilight for a little while? I just want to catch up, is all," she asked. Starlight knew she shouldn't deny the Princess her wish, so she waved to Trixie and walked over to the two alicorns. Trixie seemed to be walking somewhere outside; Starlight finding herself unable to not stare at her flank as she walked away.

"So, how is everything going?" Celestia asked, diverting Starlight's attention away from Trixie. Starlight tried to answer the best she can, but she could not deny that she desperately wanted to find Trixie and give her a big kiss. She kept a polite smile on her face, internally counting down until Celestia dismissed her.


Starlight downed her punch as she smiled. The conversation with Celestia and Twilight was shorter than she expected, so she had walked over to get a quick drink before searching the area for Trixie. As she was drinking, she heard the mares next to her discussing something rather loudly.

"Did you see that Prince Blueblood is trying to pick up another mare again?"

The other scoffed. "Again? That colt has been desperate lately. Who is he going after this time?"

"I believe her name is Trixie Lulamoon..."

Starlight was now completely invested in this conversation. That stallion was messing with her marefriend; and he was going to get a piece of her.

"The one who saved Equestria from the changelings?" The other one interjected.

"Yes, I'm pretty positive."

The other mare waited a second before gasping. "No, no, that's not right... is it?"

"What?"

"I saw a mare following Blueblood upstairs a minute ago... to his bedroom if I had to guess. She was a blue mare, so could she have been...?"

The other mare thought. "Well, I have heard news from other ponies that, pardon my language, Trixie seems like a tramp. I wouldn't be surprised if it was her going upstairs with him."

At this, Starlight's blood instantly went cold. She couldn't make out the rest of the conversation, but was instead too buried in her own thoughts.

This didn't seem like Trixie. Not at all. She's known Trixie for so long; she seems like anything but a tramp.

Starlight, unsure of what to do, quickly spotted Pinkie Pie in the crowd. She walked up to her, her pupils small as a pinprick.

"Pinkie!"

"What is it, Star?" She asked as her attention was drawn to the unicorn. Starlight moved her hoof along the ground.

"Have you seen Trixie anywhere? More importantly, have you seen her with Prince Blueblood, whoever he is?"

Pinkie shook her head. "No to both of those. But why would she be with Prince Blueblood, anyway?"

Starlight's heart rate sped up as she tried to take a deep breath and calm herself down. "I heard from two other mares that Blueblood was hitting on her and that she went up to his bedroom with him. I'm just..."

Pinkie gasped. "Oh my gosh! That does not seem like Trixie!"

Starlight nodded. "That's what I was thinking! Maybe they mixed up Trixie's identity... but, then again, I haven't seen Trixie yet. Well, I'm not trying to accuse her, since I know this is something she wouldn't do, but..."

"Let's look for her so you wouldn't worry. Maybe she's in the gardens?"

Starlight nodded. "Possibly. But those are so big! How would we find her?"

Pinkie thought for a second before beaming. "Hey!" She waved a hoof in the air as she looked out into the crowd. "Fluttershy! Over here! We need you for a minute!"

Fluttershy smiled as she walked over to the two. "Yes? Oh, what's wrong, Starlight? You don't look happy."

Starlight's gaze wandered as Pinkie shook her head. "She's not, but we have a question first. Were you just in the gardens?"

Fluttershy nodded. "Absolutely. I've walked completely through the gardens already. You should have seen the birds! They were so beautiful!"

Pinkie smiled. "Well, I should go check that out! But, anyways, did you see Trixie in there at all?"

Fluttershy shook her head. "No, I'm afraid not. Why?"

Starlight was starting to pace side to side. "Well, I heard a rumor that Trixie might have gone up to Blueblood's room with him. I want to find her so I wouldn't worry."

Fluttershy gasped. "Oh, dear. Well, that isn't something she'd do. I mean, unless I don't know her well enough."

Starlight nodded. "You're right, Fluttershy. I just want to find her."

Fluttershy nodded. "Well, I wish you luck! Discord needs me for something, so I need to go over to where he is."

Starlight nodded. "Alright!" She replied as Fluttershy walked back into the crowd. Pinkie looked at her.

"I can help look for Trixie, if you want," Pinkie offered. Starlight shook her head.

"No, have some fun this evening. I'll be able to find her."

Pinkie shrugged. "Well, if you say so," she replied before blowing confetti in Starlight's face. "Good luck!"

Starlight shook some out before smiling slightly. "Thanks," she replied before looking around. Starlight made sure to scan everywhere around her for a blue unicorn; however, she was nowhere to be found.

Starlight walked outside, hoping to see Trixie maybe resting against a tree. Alas, there was still no Trixie anywhere in sight. Starlight started to feel shaky after she searched the castle many times and still had not found her. There was no where else Trixie would be.

Anger flared inside of her, and she made sure there was no red aura leaking from her horn. This doesn't seem like something Trixie would do; after all, why would she? But, then again, she could be under the influence of alcohol. Either way, she couldn't help anger from brewing within her.

She walked up to the stairs and looked up. When she made sure no one was watching, she teleported to the top, finding herself next to a guarded hallway. The guards didn't seem to notice her at all, much to her relief.

Her ears flicked as she heard a sound coming from nearby; the sound of moaning. It seemed to be coming from a room further down the hall that didn't have any guards nearby. Blueblood probably told them to get away, if she had to guess. This would make it easier for her.

Starlight felt incredibly dirty as she sneaked towards the room. The plush carpet was soft on her hooves and the castle smelled like flowers, though she felt sick to her stomach. The feminine moan coming from within sounded just like Trixie. She thought for sure that Trixie wouldn't do this to her; but this and the fact that she couldn't find Trixie after scanning the area many times practically proved her fears.

Trixie cheated on her.

Anger flared within her again as she accidentally fired magic and destroyed the door, not knowing the magic coming from her horn was that strong. The old door fell from its shackles lay in pieces on the ground. But that, however, was not her concern at this moment.

In what looked to be a guest room, Blueblood was staring at her with wide eyes from under the covers as well as a blue mare with a green mane and amber eyes.

This mare wasn't Trixie.

A wave of dread washed over Starlight as she stepped away from the broken door and teleported out of the castle as fast as she could. Luckily, she made it away before the guards ever saw her.


As Starlight ended up near the gardens, she walked over and sat on a bench in front of a lake. She couldn't process much right now other than the fact she walked in on two ponies having sex because of some dumb rumor.

She felt like an absolute mess. That door was going to be extremely expensive to replace, and Starlight didn't have too much money to speak for. She buried her head in her hooves, a wave of sadness washing over her.

How could she believe Trixie would do that to her?

As she sat and breathed in shaky breaths, an all too familiar voice was heard nearby.

"Starlight? There you are!"

All the muscles in Starlight's body tensed up as she looked up to see Trixie standing nearby. Trixie sat next to her and wrapped a hoof around her shoulders.

"What's wrong?"

Starlight looked away in shame. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry..."

Trixie cocked her head. "What? If anything, I should be sorry. I hid myself in here to get away from some annoying stallion who kept trying to get me to go home with him or something."

Starlight tensed up again, Trixie now holding onto her tighter.

"What is it?"

Starlight took a deep breath. "When-when I was getting punch, I heard a few mares talking... they were saying how Prince Blueblood started hitting on you... and then one of them said that they saw a blue mare follow him upstairs to a bedroom and that it was probably you. I... I searched everywhere for you but couldn't find you. I then... assumed the worst."

Trixie nestled her head into Starlight's shoulder. "Star, I would never do that to you. I thought you knew that."

Starlight felt tears threatening to fall. "I-I thought I did too. And... I just feel so bad. I...I teleported upstairs and, thinking it was you and him... barged in on him and some random mare having sex. And I broke a door."

Trixie winced. "Oh."

Starlight nodded. "Yeah. I'm just... so sorry, Trixie. I knew you wouldn't do something like that, but I just got so anxious and-"

Trixie shut her up by kissing her, bringing warmth to Starlight's body. The two pulled apart and looked into each other's eyes.

"Starlight, it's okay. I understand. I might have done the same thing too. And, anyways, I know your temper and how it can cause you to overreact. It's similar to my own."

Starlight smiled. "Mmhm."

Trixie kissed her softly. "Don't worry, I'm not upset. Mistakes happen. I'll even help you pay off the door, alright?"

Starlight hugged Trixie. "Thank you. I do plan on turning myself in to the Princess."

Trixie hugged her back. "That's probably a good idea." The two pulled apart and looked at each other again. "Want to go to the donut parlor?" Trixie asked. Starlight giggled.

"In a while, yes. But, for right now, I want to stay here with you for a few minutes. Just staring at the nature around us."

Trixie smiled and faced forward again, keeping one hoof around Starlight and letting her rest her head on her shoulder. Starlight kissed Trixie's neck.

"I love you."

Trixie smiled and kissed the top of her head. "I love you too."

Author's Note:

Another little idea I came up with, haha :derpytongue2:

Please comment anything you feel I handled poorly, and I'll try to rewrite it! :moustache:

Comments ( 6 )

For a little idea, this is actually a very good story, and quite sweet as well. My heart just grew a few sizes just by reading these types of things. So going in my favorites folder.

Very well done and nicely written! Only a couple of tense and grammar mistakes but you can easily find them in a re-read. I love these cute and fluffy stories! Have an up vote and a favorite!

8105007

I'm glad you think so! Thank you so much! :pinkiehappy:

8105058

Thank you! Now that I've given my eyes a break I'll read back through to try to catch those mistakes. I'm happy you enjoyed! :pinkiehappy:

You should do another sequel where Starlight and Trixie were caught in a compromising position by the Mane 6 with backstories from different sides leading something funny but steamy moments.

Have an upvote from me.
For what the premise of the story is you pulled it off well. Simple. But nicely done.

Lol that door.

Awww... This is so beautiful. I like it!^_^ It was so cute. I hope you write more about them.

Login or register to comment