• Published 19th Apr 2017
  • 4,329 Views, 372 Comments

Locksmith - QuartzScale



The world is coming to an end and there is no way to stop it. Might as well accept any deals to keep on living. Still not feeling well enough about this but maybe holding the key to fate can change that.

  • ...
11
 372
 4,329

PreviousChapters Next
49. Forest of Nibel: Grotto

With a deep sigh I picked up Octavia while Ori jumped onto my back. The others made a small base camp away from the laser beams but still within range of the entrance deeper into the grotto. I flapped my wings experimentally a few times, not out of concern, but to make certain I was ready to zoom through at high speeds for dangerous problems.

“You two be careful down there. Spitfire and I shouldn’t be down there in the enclosed spaces otherwise we would be useless to should there be battles down there. We’ve been having a lot of trouble keeping to low level flight around here. It’s been getting really tight in close combat lately.” Sunshower gestured with her hooves while also pointing at her wings.

“It’s fine Sunshower. We can handle whatever is down there. The heartless really wanted that being crawling around like that, didn’t they?” Octavia mused though her eyes were lost in a serious gaze towards the entrance into the grotto.

“Fresh and Red you two are to keep watch for anything that might try to come in. Spitfire and Sunshower keep track of anything in the sky. I felt like there was something out there watching over the land. Vinyl do you have any spells you might have learned to keep everyone coordinated. While we’re down there I don’t think we’ll have much chance to speak with anypony.”

“Merlin was trying to teach me and Fresh some of the spells he knew. That stuff was way over what I learned back at magic school. Sorry bout that. Fresh did you manage to learn anything?” Vinyl groused over the lack of progress.

“Sorry I didn’t really understand much either. All the magic he taught was so different than any unicorn style spells and even though he made it easy I still didn’t really get how to do so. It was so different than what we’re taught back in school. At most I did strengthen my telekinesis at the very least.” Fresh Coat slightly cheered which Vinyl copied meaning she probably also strengthened her magic as well.

“Hm… we have to try something…”

I summoned the Lexicon again. I remember making contacts with several beings in my dreams before and the power of Organization VI’s weapon seemed to do so. I really didn’t understand what the full extent of each weapon’s potential could reach.

The Lexicon was the power of illusions. It allowed for whole worlds to be created on a whim to trap and destroy enemies in one fell swoop. It could create illusions so real that it would be difficult to even consider them fake. It also seemed to have the strange power of connecting with other beings through metal links but not telepathy. I quietly tapped the book against Octavia’s head. She looked at me as if I was crazy.

“What was that for?” Octavia nearly shouted as she rubbed her head. There wasn’t any pain but it felt so awkward and weird.

‘Testing… Testing…’

Octavia nearly seized up and looked around confused. She stared at me and I could see her eyes widening. My hoof was against my temple and I was seemingly focused.

‘Can you hear my thoughts Octavia?’

She recoiled slightly before lowering her guard enough to look back at me. I was really hoping that my sheepish smile would tell her how sorry I was for trying this out of the blue. What’s the phrase I’ve heard before… better to ask for forgiveness than permission, I think it was?

‘Y-yes. I can hear you Gray.’ Octavia focused on me.

“Sorry bout that. Since you are my Alpha I gotta make sure you are the first to know.”

She nodded and I noted that her blush covered her muzzle completely. I think she was more supportive by the fact after figuring out that I was basically propping her up as the most important. I really need to not do something like that. I’ll explain it later.

“Ladies I need you to come over here real quick.”

Five taps on the head with the Lexicon and the subsequent freak out I finally set up the plan I wanted to know if it had even been possible, which it was. Part of me wanted to dance around like a child on christmas while the rest of me wanted to maintain some amount of dignity.

‘Everypony hear me?’

‘Yup.’ Came five other voices in my mind.

‘After we finish up this problem I’ll message you through this mental link.’

‘Another thing that’s completely difficult for unicorns to do.’ Vinyl groused.

‘To be fair I am cheating. The book is doing all the work. I’m still figuring out exactly what this thing can do. All my weapons have something weird they can do. The Lexicon is the weakest of all the weapons I have but is the most versatile in what it is capable of doing. Illusions are its main capabilities.’

‘Ok ok I don’t need a whole history lesson right now. Let’s get this show in the road.’ Vinyl stopped me before I could explain even more.

‘Fine. Let’s go Octavia. I’m shutting down the link until we’re done.’

I changed the book over to my keyblade and the mental link disappeared. I noticed a few of the mares were trying to concentrate. I was completely shocked to see that even worked in the first place. I noticed that a few girls were embarrassed when I looked over to them. Chuckling a bit, I flapped up and picked up Octavia, who made a little meep sound, while Ori jumped on my back.


I flew down through the second laser keeping up to the small openings in order to dodge the beams. Octavia made certain to cling to me harder whenever the lasers were around. Ori grabbed onto Octavia since the first laser had made him a bit jumpy. When it stopped we immediately charged through the opening just as the laser fired off. Octavia breathed a sigh of relief as I landed nearby on safe land from the strangely potent traps.

“I will never understand exactly why they decided to put lasers in a place like this…” Octavia moaned in frustration.

“They almost look like natural formations.”

“How are lasers natural formations though?” Octavia pointed out as she glared behind us at the beams of death.

“Honestly I was thinking magic so it would make sense at the very least. Though this world is dying and this is probably it’s only defense against the heartless. There are plenty of other problems to go through. For now let’s just head down into the grotto and figure out where that thing hid the seal.”

I immediately put her on my back while Ori trotted behind us peering carefully through the void. There were several luminous mosses covering the walls allowing a modicum of light to permeate the shadows around us. Strangely no heartless showed up as we made our way further into the depths.

“Gray?” Octavia whispered.

“Yeah?”

“Why did you suggest we split up like this?” Octavia questioned.

“Usually when it comes to keyblade teams it’s composed of only three beings. While I don’t follow that trend of thinking because I like keeping you all close to me I figured eventually we’re going to need to do something like this eventually. Right now I’ve already kind of planned out that everypony is going to come with me as the very least into one of these areas. It’s going to be a little out there but I need to keep training you all to handle any situations.”

“Oh… “ Octavia motioned her hooves in small circles on my back while she snuggled onto my back. “Are you certain this isn’t just an excuse to get all of us to have one on one special meetings with you?”

“Huh…? Never really thought of that. While, yes it would be fun, we probably shouldn’t do anything with our companion here watching out for us. Besides… I already know what I’m going to do to all of you before you have to return back to your Equestrian livelihoods.”

That got me a little squeak as she buried her face into my neck trying to stifle the blushing. She should really know by now that the teasing game doesn’t work against me by now. I’m confident in my own ways to at the very least not get flustered. Then again, training my emotions when I was an officer and eventually a detective did make it harder to rile me up. There were very few things that could thankfully.

Ori looked at me confused before shrugging at me with a look that said ‘Get a room’. I rolled my eyes as we made it deeper into the grotto dodging several spike emplacements which seemed to litter the places that were nearly too small for us to go through. Well they were too small for Octavia and I but there would always be ways around. I was resourceful enough to think of a solution to the problem. As we finally reached the edge of the grotto we saw the figure from earlier across a rickety bridge.

“Hey over there! Wait for us!” Octavia called out.

“Octavia I don’t think we should assume that he’s friendly.”

In truth, he looked scared beyond belief. He was clutching that same orb while looking around in frustration and fear. Ori urged us to travel forward which got Octavia to hop off my back to trot alongside us. Carefully we stepped forward… only to freeze when the figure kicked a lever nearby. The floor immediately fell beneath us as I dove for Octavia grabbing her in my hooves as I tried to break our sudden fall. My wings caught a small uprising of air, though the sudden fall had nearly tore through the membrane of my wings.

“Gray what about Ori!” Octavia screeched as I instantly dove down in hopes of catching the light spirit.

When I made it to the bottom I was filling up with an immense amount of guilt… I had let another creature die. A choice of impossible proportions which I could feel making my teeth grind against each other. The taste of copper filled my mouth… which made Octavia brush the small trail of blood dripping down my chin. There were tears in her eyes as we finally managed to reach the bottom of the ravine.

Gumo’s Hideout

As we mourned the loss of our friend, said friend hopped onto my back causing Octavia to fall into the shallow pool of clean water surprising me with an impromptu shower. Octavia sputtered while I tried to rub the water off of my face… in vain I might add. My hoof was still covered in water. Groaning in defeat, I watched as Ori helped Octavia back onto her hooves. She had the wet mare look though it just made her a bit more sultry… up until she shook around like a dog would getting both of us wet. When she was done and back into her pristine appearance she did at the very least look sheepish at our misfortune. Though she did titter under her breath before fixing it off with a cough.

“Sorry… but that’s not important right now. Ori how are you alright? Also we’re sorry that we couldn’t get you in time.” Octavia muttered showing a surprising amount of shame, surprise, and inquisitiveness all at the same time.

Ori jumped up and fell down pretty fast though when he touched the floor he showed himself stretching out his limbs like a cat would as he hit the ground. Then he let his hands further detail him running off a cliff, I think, hitting the ground and still walking around like nothing happened. Octavia just smiled and nodded not understanding a bit of it. Sein had not deigned it important enough to actually talk about it so it was a bit off putting.

Ori merely sighed and waved his paw around as if it wasn’t that important urging us to follow after him. He jumped over several spikes deeper into the tunnels but before we could follow him Octavia stopped me.

“Give me a second there Gray. You’re still bleeding slightly. Let me clean it up.” Octavia motioned me towards her as she pulled out a small handkerchief from her saddle bags.

I stood still as she applied her ministrations on me. I briefly wondered why the contents of her bags were still dry until I remembered that Merlin probably enchanted them just as he did mine but more practically. A charm to keep the contents from being destroyed or the bag to rip probably weren’t that farfetched from what he was capable of.

“That was certainly a scare, right?” Octavia chuckled, though it was hollow. A sound of trepidation in her voice.

I nodded as she wiped the handkerchief a bit rougher against the wound causing me to wince slightly. It’s strange that small pain causes me more pain that being impaled or having my entire body nearly rendered useless.

“I nearly thought he died… and you started to hate yourself once again at being helpless. I can tell by the look in your eyes.” Octavia intoned, her eyes full of tears as she pressed herself against my still wet body.

“I can’t say that I wasn’t feeling that at that moment.”

“Thanks for thinking of me first… I still don’t like that it happened that way.” Octavia muttered as she tried to keep her voice from cracking.

“I know. Let’s follow along before he gets too far ahead.”

Octavia nodded as she blinked a few times to get the tears out of her eyes. Her hooves were technically still wet as we jumped over the small spike traps which were between us and Ori. Octavia made the jump first showing just how far she could actually get all on her own power. She cleared it with room to spare as she landed next to Ori who was still peering into the darkened tunnel. I flapped over the obstacle thanking god for the wings. Surprisingly I didn’t get this self aggrandizing message from him about it but then again I hardly ever dealt with it in the long run.

“Shall we?”

I urged a hoof forward which got a frightful grimace from Octavia which Ori once again copied like a child with their… parents. Shaking that thought out of my head I lead the way deeper only to come across some very slow moving walls that were smashing into each other. Octavia took one look at that and immediately jumped onto my back. Ori stepped onto the moving walls and looked down through the gap inching away whenever it slammed shut.

“Gray I have a horrible feeling about this…” Octavia shuddered into me as she looked down. “We’re going to have to go there… aren’t we?”

“Most likely.”

“Smashing…” Octavia punned with no sense of irony in her voice.


“I sense a disturbance in the jokes.” Vinyl suddenly spoke looking off into the distance as if her favorite turntable was smashed to pieces during a drunken rave where some stallion got too close and was suddenly suplexed through the equipment because he didn’t get the first two messages of ignoring them completely.

“I’m pretty sure you’re imagining things Vinyl.” Spitfire waved off her suspicions.

“I made some food you two.” Fresh Coat called out as the group continued fortifying their camp.

For some reason there was the sound of a hooting owl off in the distance seemingly somewhere in the darkness that covered the world but it never got too close near them. Redheart kept peering into the sky hoping she would find where the thing was coming from. Unfortunately she didn’t see anything out of the ordinary… at the very least considering that she was on an entirely different planet.

Unlike the Everfree Forest the entirety of the Forest of Nibel, as Sein had called it, was stale… dead. It didn’t even flow correctly in any possible way. It was something she didn’t dwell on too heavily. The planet was unsettling enough. She only hoped that nothing too dangerous was happening in the tunnels below. While they could mount an expedition for all of them to follow, Gray had made it clear that he wanted to train each of them individually. She couldn’t fault that they all needed to get better in some possible way but the safety of a world seemed more important. On the other hoof, they needed real danger to grow and Equestria might not have been the most dangerous… the memory of how many patients she saw within a single week could be counted on three hooves. Redheart kept watch while Sunshower took the first nap of the day. Patience would be a necessity on this particular trip.


It was difficult to actually move around while a mare was clutching at my throat. Honestly all of me felt sure asphyxiation would never reach anywhere on the fetish list at this point. I hopped over the gap while Octavia tensed as we went over it with Ori following close behind. I must remember that Octavia doesn’t like the idea of being crushed to death… almost to the point of phobia. After I made it as far as I possibly could she finally got off my back letting me get back my breath.

“I’m so sorry Gray… I just didn’t want to fall into those… tight confined spaces…” Octavia trailed off. I pulled her into a small hug until she calmed down. From the way she was breathing I could tell that she wasn’t handling this as well as she possibly could be.

“Don’t worry so much. You’ll be fine. Only problem is that we have to go down there though…”

Her eyes followed my hoof and she immediately shook her head, pointing her own hoof to the other passage only for a resounding thud to catch her attention. When she looked at the passage again she noticed that there were several crushers on that path as well undulating back and forth in steady rhythm causing her to gulp nervously. We had to go both ways in the long run and she wasn’t exactly happy about it all. She fell to the ground whimpering as her ears folded down in abject fear.

“Hold on to me. Trust me. Ok?”

Shakily, she rose to her hooves and climbed on my back. I moved her around until she got into the best position, a position where she couldn’t choke me at all. After getting ready I looked down into the abyss and positioned myself close by. Ori stepped next to me and with a confident nod hopping into the opening. After the crusher opened again I hopped through taking care to keep Octavia close by. She kept her eyes shut the entire time as we kept hopping down further through the crushers.

“Octavia… need you to calm down. Gripping too hard…”

“Oops… sorry Gray.” Octavia apologized.

We finally got through the last one and landed on the right side of the area. In the distance the figure we had been chasing after was still trying to escape the heartless. Octavia finally opened her eyes only to instantly hop off of my back summoning her keyblade. Charging forward we instantly hopped into the powerwilds swarming around smacking them around with our keyblades while Ori hopped atop each enemy firing off a salvo of light based fire. As the last powerwild fell another group of heartless showed up forcing the three of us to back up. Three bladewilds and several bouncywilds popped out of the darkness taking stock of the three of us. Ori immediately jumped forward hopping through the swinging blades of the heartless to get near the bouncywilds.

Octavia took point charging forward and smacking the closest bladewild into the ground as the other two charged at her. I jumped over her shoulder using a reflect spell to knock them back causing a burst of magic to smack them off to the side. The one on the ground went straight for my unprotected back only for Octavia to smack it into the ground, knocking the attack off center. Several bouncywilds disappeared in a cloud of darkness as Ori kept firing off several light fireballs.

The two on the ground got back up only for me to use a magnet spell to drag them out of their attacks releasing several combos with my keyblade while Octavia pierced the one on the ground dispersing the darkness out of it. The two I had caught soon faltered and disappeared as well back into the dark mist leaving us standing in the center of the small arena with no sight of the creature we had gone to save.

At the edge of my vision the figure climbed out another small path that seemed specifically for that figure to climb through. Ori deliberately tried to get closer only to come back when he noted several layers of poison barbs all over the opening. Unable to follow them efficiently we tracked our way back up through the crushers. Octavia gripped me tightly as we flew back up through them. I will always be careful from now on to check where I’m going so I don’t have to deal with Octavia crushing my windpipe because she has a fear of being crushed.

When we finally reached the top ground we tracked our way over to the right most path… which had more crushers. This was not a good day to be me in the slightest.

“Do we have to go that way?” Octavia sputtered out completely obvious of her fears.

“Unfortunately. We need to look for the key that that being took and it seems like he either has it on him or hid it somewhere difficult to get to. That kind of means we gotta check everywhere… and I mean over there.”

As I finished my statement the crushers slammed together while Ori seemed to actually cringe from the sound. Octavia whimpered and hid underneath me between my legs. As shapely and enticing as it was I needed to keep up moving through the grotto to get back the elements of this world. I nuzzled the back of her head nipping at her ear with my teeth to calm her down. Her flustering yelps at the very least made me confident that I at the very least calmed her down enough to continue. Ori’s insistence of looking at me with uncertainty made me question whether this was going to work or not. Before I could question that thought further Octavia sprung back up and nuzzled into my side with her earth pony strength sending us sliding to the ground.

“I’ll be brave. I can do it… I think. Just… just make sure we make it through ok, ok?” Octavia flustered out as she pulled me along towards the crushers.

I stopped her immediately and felt my shoulders where she hugged me. They were searing in pain for some reason… she is really damn strong. Ignoring the pain I pulled her back onto my back making certain that she was securely attached to me. Ori looked nervous as well but forwent climbing onto my back. With measured moments we hopped onto the first descending crusher as the next one slammed into each other. We ducked into the next crusher dodging the previous one from smashing us. Octavia whimpered as we scuttled under the third one barely missing death by mere hairs. That particular crusher was lower than the others and we barely managed to get by without being smashed into paste. Finally we reached a safe spot where the crushers didn’t slam together.

I was breathing heavily and Octavia clung to me in constant fear shaking immensely from the adrenaline. Ori was next to us surveying the area beyond the crushers allowing us some time to relax and keep from freaking out. Octavia heaved onto the ground nearby but luckily she didn’t throw up.

“You ok?”

“Yeah…” Octavia struggled to say.

“Now that I know what’s over here I can just get us to dive through the shadows so we don’t have to go back through that.”

“I’d like that…” Octavia groaned as she plopped back onto my stomach. We relaxed for a few more moments.


It took us ten minutes before Octavia was feeling well enough to get back up. Ori had gone ahead managing to bring back some of those weird keystones. While Octavia took a couple deep breaths we finally kept going through the next area which was very spacious cavern. Making our way through the keystone door, we finally found another one of the light trees hidden within this forsaken area.

“I see. Leru is laid here to rest. Swift and agile she flew through the air. Take her power Ori in order to assist these keybearers better. Take her power.”

Sein went quiet once again leaving us to watch as Ori took in the light. When the light show finished Ori began to hop around like crazy showing the prowess of hopping off of air. Octavia, once again resembled a fish for a moment until I patted her back. It took a bit but she shook her head and resigned herself to accepting that other beings could jump off of thin air without anything to jump off of. That sounded better in my head…

“Let’s head back up. Maybe we’ll spot him somewhere else.”

“Please just get me away from the crushers. I don’t want to be anywhere near them.” Octavia whimpered slightly making me hold her for a second until she calmed down.

After getting her on my back and convincing Ori to stop jumping around like a cricket I dove into the closest shadow. Within seconds we wound up on the other side of the crushers. Another dive took us back to the central room where the figure was trying to get away from more heartless. Within seconds Octavia immediately took on a more confident appearance hopping off my back to strike down the closest bladewild. I took flight in the open area dive bombing the closest heartless through the assortment of bladewilds and powerwilds. While the bladewilds were still proving to be difficult to time, like the other heartless they fell just as quickly.

“Gumo, please return to us the Water Vein. Without it the world shall fall to ruin.”

In response, the figure known as Gumo, immediately jumped away climbing up the shaft while we dealt with the heartless of the area. After they were dissipated and Ori had finished off his share of enemies I immediately grabbed Octavia and flew up. Understanding my intentions, Ori had jumped on my back almost as quickly. We flew straight up where we saw Gumo heading up another shaft dodging through more powerwilds as he did. Ori, in his infinite courage, jumped off my back and climbed up the sheer rock wall while Octavia and I dealt with the heartless in a more permanent manner.


Gumo pressed on the lever nearby trying to toss rocks on all his pursuers. Luckily enough he was fast enough. The switch was rusted though from disuse forcing Gumo to kick it… only to put too much power into his kick as it knocked out one of the support beams. Several rocks fell on his leg while he was trapped and unable to move. Still the rocks were falling and the monsters chasing after him would at the very least die.


I hated it when rocks started falling. If I remember any jokes from my college days it was one from a guy who was into dungeons and dragons. The first joke he told me involved an old saying. Rocks fall, everybody dies. I don’t know why it stuck with me but apparently so did the whole aspect of colors from that other friend. Octavia hugged the walls as I weaved through the rocks knocking heartless back down into the abyss. At this point the bladewilds were scaling the walls with their blades and pouncing for either of us.

Octavia fared better firing off several quake spells knocking them off the wall or smashing them outright into dark mist. I still felt this whole problem with the falling rocks was distracting me from something.

“Crap… where’s Ori?”

“He climbed ahead to deal with Gumo I think?” Octavia stated before knocking another powerwild away from her.

I really need to get a bell for that little guy. Still this was a decent way to use our time since Octavia and I are much stronger at taking out heartless than dealing with the denizens of this world in particular. It wasn’t from lack of trying at all. It was the lack of knowing how to speak with them. While they could understand us we couldn’t understand them except through crude pantomime. The heartless, were for some reason, determined to reach Gumo.


Ori cautiously walked up to the trapped Gumo, who looked on helpless as he was trapped with his foot beneath rock and in a horrible position to actually move it. Trapped, he waited for the end to come, an end that never came. Ori chirped a bit before moving the stone that trapped Gumo’s foot allowing him to escape. Without second thought Gumo raced away while the tiny light spirit raised a hand to try and stop him.

Gumo was finally able to keep running… letting the ones who were trying to help him get attacked by the darkness. Reluctantly, but with a lighter heart Gumo gave Ori the item he was safekeeping, the Water Vein. Kindness would be repaid with kindness as it traipsed away no longer chased by its own brethren.


Finally after several more heartless had appeared their numbers finally thinned to nothing. The constant aerial battle had ended and the rocks had stopped falling. I took a seat next to Octavia who was nursing a slight headache from the constant spell slinging. It was something I hadn’t realized before. Even though all of my marefriends had learned an otherworldly magic they hardly suffered from magic exhaustion since it was a constantly regenerating force. This was the first time Octavia had used so much magic that it affected her so much.

“When we get back to the others you are going to relax for a while.”

“No complaints from me. I had to face my fear even though I really didn’t want to.” Octavia groaned as she flopped back onto my back.

With the falling rocks finally stopping, we made our way up to meet with Ori. Ori stood near the ledge watching out for us before dancing around happily at our arrival. As I landed Ori had a concerned look on his face at Octavia.

“Don’t worry Ori. I’m just tired. We’ve had a very tough adventure and I need a little rest is all. I really should have brought my cello with me. I could have left it back at the campsite the others might have made. I hope…” Octavia muttered the last part which seemed to satisfy Ori who led the way back towards the entrance.

“I just hope they haven’t been too bored.”


Vinyl swung her blade down against Spitfire. It had been close to two hours since the two had gone and with a bit of reluctance Vinyl actually suggested that they train up a bit before they got back.

“So why so interested in training up Vinyl? You usually sleep through anything that isn’t about music.” Spitfire whispered as the two locked blades.

“No reason… I just thought we could do something productive is all…” Vinyl answered tersely. The physical activity was a bit out there for her. Not to an extreme but enough to get her winded after everything she had already done.

“Mare… I know you don’t do things without a reason.” Spitfire rounded on her locking blades once again.

Near their impromptu training session Redheart was playing cards with Fresh Coat and Sunshower. It was a small reprieve at the moment and they needed to unwind after their own training sessions. They had wanted to actually nap but every twenty minutes or so they noticed the shadow of a bird always flying nearby. It had gotten everypony to keep watch of the sky.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Vinyl responded with a noticeable glare.

“Eventually either me or Octavia will know about this. Better than letting Nebby know right?” Spitfire questioned only to note the small wince. She knew being a Wonderbolt was small potatoes compared to the whole keyblade stint but it still had prepared her eyes to the pinnacle of pegasi capabilities.

“That would be awkward. Look I’ll talk when I’m ready. Tavi is already breathing down my neck to figure out what I’m thinking. I’ll talk when I figure out everything.” Vinyl answered resolutely which was the moment that Spitfire took advantage.

Using a feinted block she dragged Vinyl in and knocked her blade out of her telekinetic field. Vinyl was momentarily disarmed which allowed Spitfire to knock her off her hooves and onto the ground lying on her back. Groaning, Vinyl did the only thing she could do.

“I yield?” Vinyl chuckled as Spitfire got her back up.


“Did we get the key we needed Ori?”

The small lightkin pulled out an orb of the deepest azure possible which was glowing in some ethereal blue light. I quickly made him put it away because the heartless had been adamant of getting it. I quickly took him on my back as well and flew back up the carved out mineshafts or whatever they possibly could be. It was a short trip after that allowing us to get back to the laser beam areas.

Octavia shut her eyes as I maneuvered around the obstacles and coming upon our camp where everypony seemed to be lost in a game of… Go Fish? Weird… but not inappropriate.

“We’re back everypony. Anything go wrong?”

“You two are back! Finally!” Vinyl cried out as everypony came to check on us.

After our little reunion I opted that we relax before we head out for the Ginsou Tree.

PreviousChapters Next