• Published 15th Apr 2017
  • 2,625 Views, 23 Comments

To embrace a maternal star - Lighting Ace



They say that the love of a mother can lift heaven an earth, but in the case of Princess Celestia, it can tear off the barrriers of time and space.

  • ...
14
 23
 2,625

Dawn of a new life

Once the doctor concluded his examination he turn to the three princesses who were waiting for him with some anxiety "Well…how is it doctor? Is he going to be ok?" Celestia finally ask after some awkward silence.

"There is nothing to be worry about princess, his wounds are healing at a moderate fast pace and any risk for infection has being neutralised, he will probably feel some discomfort and perhaps, minor itchiness from his ghost limps for a while but other than that, the human…ah, prince?" The doctor ask with a raise eyebrow as Celestia nod

"Yeah the…prince, will make a full recovery, I would even say, that with the exception of a minor scar in the shape of the sun on his back, he will not have any scars"

"Those are great news" Luna say letting go a breath she didn't knew she was holding. The doctor write something down on his chart as the three go sit next to the bed where Kabuto is currently in, with some bandage attach on his stomach, forehead and arms.

"Oh almost forget, his hybridisation will be complete very soon, the wings are starting to show and by the time he wakes up they will be reach their full potential"

That catch Celestia and Cadence attention "Wings?" They ask turning to the doctor confused while Luna look at her sister and niece confused.

"Yeah, good thing too, because I would think that the process might be particularly painful for someone who normally doesn't have ones, maybe like growing teeth all over again, and don't make light about that princesses, studies show that the pain of that could make a healthy grown stallion pass out. Good thing that he is already unconscious right?" The doctor chuckle as the princess lightly turn Kabuto to see that he in fact was growing wings on his back, blue with white feathers to be precisely.

"Well I will be delivering this forms to the receptionist, don't be afraid to call me if anything else happen" The doctor say goodbye and leave as the princess just look at one another in confusion until Celestia breaks the silence.

"Ok what happen? Didn't we agree that we will only infused unicorn magic in his body so no to alter the anatomy too much?"

"Unicorn? I though you meant earth ponies system, you know? Because they have the best immunity system of the three races?" Cadence counters.

"What are you two saying?, I recall agreeing on the pegasus attributes so we could have the excuse of teaching him how to fly like a mother teach her colt"

"Luna we talk about this, family or not, Kabuto is not a baby that we can take and shape into our own image" Celestia say putting her hand on her forehead.

"Right…because all those books about magic, school equipment, and magic lessons you had summon to your room, were just so he could draw sketches" Luna say with a smirk, gaining Celestia attention "W…well his education is also important"

"Of course it is" Luna say sarcastically keeping her expression, earning a glare from Celestia, who is about to answer but Cadence interrupt her.

"So if I'm understanding this correctly by mistake we put the three pony attributes on my cousin?" Luna and Celestia eye wide in realisation as they see the sleeping form of Kabuto as his wings slowly start to show from under him

"Looks that way" That is all what Luna could say with a nervous smile.

"None of this leave this room, if the others ask we planed the alicorn hybrid from the start, agree?" Celestia say pointing at both princesses who nods and say "Agree" at the same time.

In that moment they heard a knock from the door the doctor left and the voice of Twilight from the other side "Princesses? Can we come in?"

"You may come, just please be very quiet, Kabuto needs his rest" Luna answer and soon everyone enters the room and look at him

"Hey are those wings? Oh right, he will be a pegasus hybrid" Dash say fist pumping the air "That mean that I can teach him how to fly like I did with Twilight"

"We thank you for the offer Rainbow Dash, but I already agree to take upon myself that task" Luna mentions

"Plus he is not only a pegasus" Celestia say earning the attention to everyone in the room. The princesses look at one another and then nod "After some deliberation we decided to turn him into a alicorn hybrid so not to alienated him from the family and help him fit in better"

That surprise everyone minos Applejack who just look at them with a raise eyebrow. "So all of you decided to turn him into an alicorn? how did you do that? wasn't a bit risky? I mean the poor colt was just a changeling before, how did you cramble three types of pony races into one body?"

"Details are not important Applejack what it important is that he is with us and soon he will be a part of our family" Celestia tells her with a fake smile, similar than Luna and Cadence. AJ clearly doesn't bought it but ultimately nod regardless.

After that the room is fill with some voices as the main six, Starlight and Thorax all leave get well soon gift near Kabuto bed and then start to talk among themselves regarding what would they do once he wake up, what plans do they intent to do with him or even joke about possible adventures to had with him, Luna and Dash even had a heated argument about how his flying lessons will be imparted.

While all of that happen Thorax approach Celestia with some concern "Ah princess do you have a moment?"

"Of course prince Thorax, what can I do for you?"

"Well…before I left the throne room something among the remaining rubble catch my eye and when I inspect it I found this" He show her the stinger making her gasp and look at the light emaneting from it

"Is that the only one you found?" Thorax nod and pass the stinger to her "There was only that, some small rocks and dust, nothing else. I don't know how the elements work so I though that you might know something, is it dangerous?"

"I don't know, the elements have taken many forms in the past, but this is the first time I see them turn into a weapon. When I saw Kabuto used this, anything they touch turn into stone in seconds"

She then look at Thorax "For now I think it will be best if I keep it, something like this could potentially be very dangerous in the wrong hands"

"Agree, maybe its better that way, I don't know what that could do and honestly I'm afraid that it might try to control me if I try to used it"

"I don't think this could do something like that, but it could have other dangers, thanks for telling me this Thorax"

"Don't mention, after all that has happen the last thing I want is to give ponies another reason to be wary of us"

He then look at the sleeping form of Kabuto "Also if I may ask, how exactly do you know that he is your son? He is from another world and not even inmortal so I can't help but think that things don't match up"

"Its a complicated matter to discuss actually but to resume, you could say that his world and our move at a different times lines, my death in his world was six years ago but one year there equals one thousand yeas in here. That is how time match up, as for now…I suppose my mind block it but when I saw his face for the first time…all those memories, all my past, all what I used to be just came crashing down on me, like a damp breaking, that is why I knew he was my son…and I'm sure he felt the same way, call it, a mother instinct"

Thorax nod in understanding, before he start to think of something "Wait…one year here, equals one thousand here? Doesn't that mean that you have…"

"…thank you Thorax!" Celestia look at him with a smile and a glare "My age is not a subject that needs to be discuss"

"Oh sorry" Thorax apologies with some embarrassment before looking at Kabuto once more "So what happens next? A lot of ponies will fear him because of his race, adapting and being accepted will not come easy"

Celestia sigh in understanding "I know, it will be a big obstacle to overcome" She then smile and look around the room "But I know he at least will not be alone, and if not Canterlot perhaps the citizen of Ponyville will be wiling to give him a chance, and once word spread he will be accepted as prince as well, we will only need to be patience and take everything one step at the time"

She top noticing Rarity holding Kabuto hand and Cadence smirking at her from the distance "And I think I might even have some ideas to speed the process if needed" The princess tells not noticing how the stinger start to flickering pink before turning back to normal