• Published 23rd Apr 2017
  • 1,033 Views, 6 Comments

Mechanical Masterpiece - HeartfireFirebrand



Sweetie Belle discovers a secret about herself. I hope you enjoy it this is my first story on this site.

  • ...
7
 6
 1,033

Chapter 4 Truth of Love

Pinkie wakes up, looking around her room. She feels small stub sticking out, she then reaches around to the two stubs on her back. She then smile knowing this is a result of her abilities being slowly enhanced. She smiles thinking about the last 2 months with Discord. Her first lesson in basic magic spells having passed the boring lessons on basic chaos magic principles in the first month.

1 month ago

Pinkie bounced up and down as Discord laughed. Pinkie asked still bouncing “So what are we going to do actual real magic, tonight?”

Discord smiled as he summoned several targets. He said “First lesson, simple target practice.”

Pinkie looked confused. Discord said “What are you... Oh, of course.” He clicked his fingers. Where the Pink Earth Pony stood was know a Alicorn with a long sharp horn and bright pink wings.

Pinkie flew around on her wings for a few moments, her pink mane flowing chaotically as she landed. She asked bouncing excitedly “How did you do that?”

Discord chuckled “My dream, my rules.” Pinkie giggled in response. Discord then pointed to the targets. Pinkie turned several targets into flying marshmallow monkeys.

Discord chuckled nervously “Um, that’s not exactly why had in mind. Still it shows you have a great potential for chaos magic.”
Pinkie nuzzled his chest. Discord smiled at his young marefriend.

Discord said cheerily “When I first arrived in the dream I never thought this would happen.”

Pinkie smiled “Me, neither.”

Discord cried “I’m really sorry about trying to manipulate you before I got to know you.”

Pinkie nuzzled him again “It’s okay Dissy, I love you and you love me that’s all that matters now.”

Pinkie’s daydream ended with a shout from downstairs “PINKIE!”

Meanwhile, Discord in his stone prison smiled inside remembering the first night with Pinkie.

2 months after being turned into stone again, Discord reached out looking for one of the 6, who turned him stone. He smiled thinking about who he would manipulate (Twilight, no too smart. Rainbow, no too suspecting. Rarity, no she hates me. Applejack, no she would see through the ruse. Fluttershy, no too easily intimidated. Pinkie, yes perfect she enjoyed my chaos. Maybe I could even convince her to join me.)

He chuckled as he entered her dream state. He we given the greatest shock of his incredibly long life. The dream world was in such a chaotic state that made his dreamscape look normal. He darted through looking for the pink mare amongst the madness. As soon a she spotted her he grabbed her and took her to his dreamscape before she could utter a word. Pinkie asked “What are you doing here, My Meany Pants.”

Discord said “I just want to talk.”

Pinkie asked confused “What do you want to talk about?”

Discord said “It is so lonely in the statue, I just want company.” Discord knew it was somewhat true. He had been alone for the longest time.

Pinkie pulled out her party cannon and created a huge party. Discord eyes widened as he looked at the huge party. Pinkie shouted “Party time.” She pulled Discord through the huge party, challenging him to an eating contest before playing a game of twister which ended in a tie. Discord by the end laughed so hard which caused the pink mare to smile extra wide.

Discord watched her for a few moments. He felt odd, a feeling he hadn’t felt in a thousand years. He didn’t want to believe it. He sent her out of his dreamscape as quickly as he could.

Discord was returned to the moment by the sound of arguing. He eagerly awaited the night.

Rainbow was flying around Sweet Apple Acres in a circle. She asked “Why is this so hard, you are so capable? You are the best flier in Equestria. Why can’t you ask one mare out on a date?”

A voice called “Rainbow, Ah don’t know what ya plan on doing up there but it is scaring the cows.”

Rainbow landed in front of Applejack. She said “Um Applejack.. I have to tell you something.”

Applejack frowned, Rainbow is rarely nervous about anything and Applejack knows this better then anypony. “What’s wrong, sugarcube?” she asked.

Rainbow mumbled “I’m....”

Applejack said “Rainbow, spit it out already.”

Rainbow said “I’m....”

Applejack said “Rainbow, are you okay, you sound like Fluttershy. Come on, sugarcube I’m sure we can talk about this over......” Applejack collapsed.

Rainbow shouted, worried about it being her fault “Help me somepony, anypony! Applejack is unconscious.”

Big Mac heard the shouting and ran up to find Rainbow standing over Applejack.
Big Mac looked at his sister for a moment. He turned to Rainbow with a serious look “Rainbow, leave.”

Rainbow shouted “But she’s my...”

Big Mac glared at Rainbow "Go Rainbow, this is your final warning.”

Rainbow said “Fine, but when she recovers, I want to know.”

Big Mac replied “Ah will.”
Rainbow flew off without another word.

Big Mac thought (I’m glad that stubborn mare is gone, she could have really complicated things.)

He lifted her sister onto his back and headed back towards their home. He opened the door and pressed a button on the side. A small stairway uncovered itself in the center of the room. Applebloom and Granny Smith heard the sound of the stairs. The rushed down as fast as they could. Granny Smith saw Applejack and almost burst into tears. Applebloom said “Our sister is tough, she will make it through, Ah’m sure of it.”

Big Mac looked at them as he walked down the stairs. He was not sure how much longer his sister would hold out. The basement was covered in cobbled together machine parts from scrap metal. Applebloom and Granny Smith followed him closely.
Big Mac placed Applejack on the table. Granny Smith sat on a rocking chair. Big Mac said “Screwdriver, wire cutters, spare wires, extra gears.” Applebloom gathered the materials quickly and chucked them on the table. Big Mac shook his head at her before looking at his sister.

Big Mac said “Well, let’s see the damage.” Applebloom turned her head away. She was still struggling to accept the truth. Big Mac used the screwdriver on Applejack’s back. He placed 4 screws on the table, he then pulled open a hatch revealing gears and wires underneath. He pulled a light closer revealing a torn wire. He scowled, this was the same wire he repaired a month ago. He had the skills to fix her. He did specific courses in both engineering and robotics for this purpose.

The materials he had to work with, however were not suitable for the task. He replaced the wire very carefully and then carefully resealed the hatch. He woke Granny Smith and then carried Applejack back up to her room. All 3 of them smiled as she was reactivated.Applejack yawned blissfully unaware of what happened. She asked “What, happened?”

Big Mac said “You had another incident.”
Applejack said “Oh, Ah’m sorry.”

Big Mac shook his head before heading to his own bed.
Applebloom said “Everything will be fine.” Applejack looked at herself as Applebloom went to her bed.

Granny Smith said “Ya should sleep. There is a lot of work to be done tomorrow.”
Applejack agreed with her Granny. She would need the sleep for the chores in the morning.

Rainbow took her sweet time getting to Ponyville. It was getting dark by the time she arrived at Twilight’s home. Twilight heard Rainbow knocking. When she opened the door, she was surprised. Rainbow rarely if ever used a door. Rainbow said “I’m worried about Applejack. She fell unconscious and was taken into the house. Big Mac also behaved oddly strange. He knew more than he was letting on.”

Twilight asked “Are you sure you are not being paranoid? Maybe Applejack is just overworked.”

Rainbow said “No way, I am not saying we should go and barge down the door. I just thought you could gather information about anything weird happening around Sweet Apple Acres.”

Twilight said “Alright I’ll do some digging for your sake, Rainbow.”

Rainbow smiled “Thanks Twilight, I need something sweet. I’m going to head to Sugar Cube Corner.”

Rainbow arrived at Sugar Cube Corner, when she entered she saw something strange. A young filly was upset that all the chocolate cupcakes were gone. Pinkie smiled at the filly and her father. She grabbed a blue berry muffin from under the counter, and then she caused her hoof to glow. She tapped the muffin and it turned into a chocolate cupcake. Rainbow looked away and looked back, only for her to grab another and repeat the process. She then gave a second one to the filly. Pinkie said “It’s on the house just don’t tell Mr and Mrs Cake.”

Rainbow asked “How do you do that?”

Pinkie smiled innocently “Do what?”

Rainbow said “You turned two blueberry muffins into chocolate cupcakes.”

Pinkie went completely silent, her mane going completely flat. She frowned as she said “I’d prefer not to talk about it.”

Rainbow said “This is not like you Pinkie, you don’t keep big secrets like this.”

Pinkie saw the look in Rainbow’s eyes and knew she wouldn’t get out of this easily. Pinkie said “Fine, I will tell you but you must Pinkie promise not to tell anyone. Especially Twilight.”

Rainbow nodded as she lazily performed the motions “I Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye... Ow.” Pinkie dragged Rainbow up the stairs into her room.

Rainbow asked slightly confused at the serious tone of her usually energetic friend “So what is this all about?”

Pinkie said “I have a special somepony who taught me how to do this.”

Rainbow raised an eyebrow “How come none of us have seen him?”

Pinkie said “I only see him in my dreams.”

Rainbow asked “If he turns up in you dreams, how do you know his real?”

Pinkie shouts angrily “Because I can do this.” As she magically throws a chair at Rainbow.

Rainbow shouted “What was that for?”

Pinkie said sadly “I’m sorry, just this is something i don’t want to tell you yet.”

Rainbow said “Sorry.”

Pinkie replied “No, it’s alright.”

Rainbow asked “Who is this mysterious Stallion?”

Pinkie said “He’s not a stallion, he’s a Draconequus.”

Rainbow looked at before realising who she meant. Her eyes opened wide as she said “No, no you can’t mean.”

Pinkie hissed “Yes, I meant Discord and you will hold that promise to your grave, you understand.”

Rainbow gulped “I will.” as she darted out of the building. Pinkie then decided to close up shop and then to go to bed.

Pinkie smiled as she waited for Discord to arrive and take her to his dreamscape. Discord arrived smiling at her. He grabbed her in his two front appendages and teleported them to his dreamscape. Discord asked cheerfully “Do you want to learn more or do you want to muck around.

Pinkie said nervously “Um, I told somepony about us.”

Discord shouted “What?!”

Pinkie said “I made them Pinkie Promise, that they wouldn’t tell anypony.”

Discord said “I knew you would but I’m still worried, because she will turn up soon I fear.”

Pinkie was about to ask who when she heard a loud shout “Discord, thou dare to harm our subjects. Thou shan’t prevail over us in our own realm.”

Discord summoned a solid of steel, he hid did himself and Pinkie inside it. Pinkie asked “If you do that thing I will be able to confront her.”

Discord said “She won’t like me doing that.”

Pinkie replied“She won’t like you doing anything including existing.”

Discord said “You’re right.” He clicked his fingers turning her into a Alicorn and she blasted her way out to face Luna. Luna blinked at what she was seeing.

Pinkie flashed back to Luna’s first Nightmare Night and got a idea. Pinkie roared in a variant of the Royal Canterlot Voice. “DISCORD MEANS NO HARM, JUST LET US EXPLAIN.”

Luna landed shocked at what Pinkie had just done. Luna regained her composure after a few moments. Luna shouted “Why do you defend him!”

Pinkie roared “I love him!” Luna took what Pinkie into consideration before Discord gave Pinkie a hug from behind. Luna saw what they were doing and then he saw the look in his eyes. Luna realised the truth of those words.

She spoke to Discord “I have not seen thou look at anypony like that in over 1000 years.”

Pinkie asked “What do you mean?”

Discord sighed “I will tell you the full story, I am the only one here who knows all of it.”


***Over 1000 years ago***

Draconequi were once more common. They had a small village on the outskirts of the Equestrian borders. Of course one faithful day a small Draconequus was born. He was seen as a blessing for the small village, he grew so powerful in his first few years that the village earned a visit from the King and Queen of Equestria.

King Ventum was a massive Alicorn his mane shone with might of the heavens. Queen Midnight contrasted him, her mane was darker then the night and radiated out the spirit of the night. They met the elders of the village to arrange the future marriage of the small Draconequus to their eldest daughter,Celestia.

Years past the small Draconequus grew to be tremendously powerful and at the age of 15 his first visit to Everfree Castle was an interesting one. He met with his future bride to be.
Celestia said “Discord, we are glad to finally meet thou.”
Discord kissed her hoof and smiled “It’s an honour, milady.”

Celestia said “Thou should join us for tea.”

Luna ran up to Discord “Who art thou?”

Discord said “I am going to be your big brother soon.”

Luna jumped up and down “Big brother, I'm going have a big brother, woohoo.”

Celestia shouted “Luna, thou art a royal. That is incredibly uncouth.”

Discord said “Come on, Celestia, don’t be a stick in the mud.”

Celestia scowled “Don’t encourage her.”

Discord asked cheerfully ignoring the comment “What do you do for fun around here?”

Celestia said “You’re going to join me for a meeting with the nobles.”

Discord snarled “Nobles. I met enough them when I first arrived they all have their hooves stuck up their flanks.”
Celestia fainted at those words. Discord carried his future bride to her bed with Luna following behind.

Discord asked mischievously “Luna have you ever played paintball?”
Celestia awoke several hours later to the loud sounds of screaming. She ran out to see Discord and Luna chasing down nobles with paintball guns.

Celestia shouted at them “You shouldn’t behave like that.”

Luna looked upset but Discord barely was miffed. Celestia took them to throne room.
Celestia said ‘Mother, Father thou should be concerned. Thy youngest daughter and son to be have attacked the nobles with these foul contraptions.”

King Ventum and Queen Midnight looked at Discord and Luna as well as the paintball guns on the ground. Ventum burst into laughter while Midnight softly giggled much to the shock of Celestia and Luna. Ventum said continuing to laugh “Now that is funny. I haven't had a good laugh in 3000 years. All I do is deal with are those arrogant self centered nobles, if you asked I would have gladly joined you.”
Midnight nodded with a smile.

Celestia said “Father, you can’t be serious.Those are the proud noble families.”

Ventum simply chuckled “When you have lived more then several mortal lifetimes you will understand just how arrogant they are.”
Celestia scowled as the 3 of them left the throne room. Discord returned to his village later that day.

3 Years past Discord and Celestia struggled to keep up with each others differences. Discord’s fun loving and silly nature clashed with Celestia’s devotion to proper behaviour and etiquette. This finally came to a cataclysm that would shape all of Equestrian history. Celestia was sitting next to Discord, she asked “Come on, Discord come up to my room we can do special things together.”

Discord was a smart Draconequus and knew exactly what she meant. Discord said “I have barely got to know you, all you do is attend is events and high end parties. I want to simply learn more about you one on one instead of the face you wear at social functions.”

Celestia stormed off angrily “I’m going to make him pay for this, he has said no to me for the last time.”

Discord ignore her words as usual. He found Luna standing next to him. Discord asked “You up for paintball.”
Luna nodded smiling. They had an aerial paintball competition they used clouds as cover.

Discord realised it was time for him to return to his village. He said “I have to go back to my village. I was going to visit today.”
Luna nodded as she flew off looking for nobles to shoot.

Discord flew to his village, but when arrived all he saw was the burnt remnants of buildings. He ran around desperately looking for any survivors until he found a small piece of cloth. It had a mark of the sun on it. Discord roared “Celestia, you will pay for this.”

He flew back to Everfree Castle and landed in throne room fire surging around him. Ventum asked “Discord, what’s wrong?”
Discord showed them the cloth “I found this in the ashes of my village.”

Both of them gasped at the realisation of what their daughter had done. Discord roared “I will kill her for this.”

Ventum and Midnight begged “Please don’t take her life, take ours instead. She is young and foalish.”

Discord said “This is not your fault, you shouldn’t die for it.”

They both shook their heads “She is our daughter and good parents protect their children. Not to mention, it is our fault we didn’t teach her better.”

Discord looked at them both “Are you ready?”
They nodded and he tore their hearts out, he then sat there crying at what he had done.

Discord said to Luna and Pinkie “So now you know the story.”

Luna asked “Why did you tell the story in third person?”

Discord replied “Because it makes no sense and there is no fun in making sense.”

Pinkie hugged him crying “That story is so sad, how did you cope?”

Discord said “I became a tyrant, and went half insane.”

Pinkie hugged him even tighter. Discord said “I can’t breath.”

Pinkie said “Sorry.”

Luna was about to fly off when Discord asked nervously “Will you tell Celestia?”

Luna said “I will decide to trust you, now I know the full story. Beside the last time I didn’t trust your words, I ended up on the moon for a thousand years. I should have headed the warning you gave after you were first turned to stone.”
Pinkie and Discord smiled as Luna left the dream comforted by the fact at least one of the princesses was on their side.

Author's Note:

I know this chapter was a lot loner than the other chapters and introduced a lot of major plot points. If you want me to divide this up into to separate chapters just ask. Thanks for reading.