• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 1,513 Views, 21 Comments

Sun Rise: A new dawn - Jet Storm



A wayward warrior has mysteriously arrived in Equestria with no memories of his past life. It'll be up to the Mane 6 to help him rediscover who he is and the hero he is destined to be.

  • ...
2
 21
 1,513

Chapter 3: A Stitch in time

60 seconds

"Take good care of him," shouted Rarity.

"Good lu-"

"JUST GO ALREADY" Pinkie Pie screamed interrupting Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash nodded curtly and then flew off at full speed, carrying the earth pony in her hooves.

55 seconds

"You know, for a big guy, you sure are light," Rainbow Dash joked. The stallion was groaning, as if in agreement. She chuckled to herself as a rainbow trail lead behind her. She stopped abruptly above Everfree Forest, hovering momentarily and squinted into the distance. "Now where's Ponyville ..."

50 seconds

Inside Ponyville Town Hall, Spike and the Cutie Mark Crusaders were waiting for Twilight and the others to return with Mayor Mare. The light brown pony was anxiously pacing up and down the room, impatiently waiting to hear any news to calm her raw nerves.

"Spike, I know Twilight has asked us to stay indoors until they have finished their investigation, but how much longer are they going to be? I have to tell everypony something."

"That's what I've been trying to tell you, Mayor Mare," Spike groaned, pulling his face with his claw at having to repeat himself once more. "Not even-

"Is that Rainbow Dash?" Applebloom blurted out loud, squinting at a small figure outside the window.

"She's heading towards the hospital," Scootaloo pointed out, rushing towards the window. Her eyes widen in shock, and she gasps, "and she's got somepony with her!"

35 seconds

The light blue aura around the stallion was beginning to fade. The spell was weakening, and he was starting to get heavy.

Really heavy.

"No! No! No!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash as she struggled to maintain altitude. "Just a little bit longer. Dang it, I thought Twilight said I had a minute. Sorry buddy, but this may get a bit rough."

Rainbow Dash fell into a dive, clutching the stallion tightly to her body.

"We are going to make it!" said Rainbow Dash, scrunching her face with fierce determination.

25 seconds

"She's coming down pretty fast..." observed Sweetie Belle, slowly backing away towards the exit.

"Where are the others?" said Mayor Mare in alarm, as she joined Scootaloo to get a closer look.

"Everypony, quick, we've got to meet up with Rainbow Dash," asserted Spike, beckoning the others to follow. "It could be one of the girls."

15 seconds

Rainbow Dash pulls out of her dive, just inches above the ground but is able to maintain her trajectory.

"Whoa," escaped Mayor Mare's lips as she watched the multicolored pegasus zip past them.

"Come on! There's no time to lose," shouted Spike as he and the others ran towards the hospital.

10 seconds

The blue aura was now flickering. The stallion now weighed as much as Rainbow Dash. Sweat was pouring out of every orifice as she fought to maintain her current speed. Gritting her teeth, she closes one of her eyes, beating her wings as hard as she could

5 seconds

"We're ...."

4 ...

“al ... “

3 ...

“most …”

2 ...

“Arrrgh,” Rainbow Dash yelped in pain, clipping her wing against a tree branch.

1 ...

“THERE!” she screamed as she closed her eyes and braced herself.

0 ...

The spell had finally faded. Unable to carry their combined weight any longer, Rainbow Dash and the stallion skidded along the ground.

“Hold on!” she screamed.

Rainbow Dash tried to use her body to shield the stallion, hoping to prevent any further injuries, but failed. The momentum caused them both to roll uncontrollably until they collided into a tree, the stallion taking the brunt of the force. The trees shook, and a few leaves fell on top of the two ponies who were laying helplessly underneath.

Panting heavily and exhausted, Rainbow Dash struggled to rise but collapsed in defeat. She turned to her side watching the stallion beside her groaning and twitching in pain. She looked at him sadly and clenched her eyes as she felt tears forming. Did I fail? she thought to herself.

“Oh my gosh! Are you alright?”

Startled by the voice, she opened her eyes and smiled. Standing above her was Doctor Stable, Nurse Redheart and Nurse Snowheart; behind them was Ponyville Hospital. Her heart was joyfully singing as she gazed at the sight. She made it.

“Yeah, I should be okay,” she responds between breaths. She swallowed and pointed her hoof at the stallion, “but this guy needs help.”

Doctor Stable nodded as two orderlies arrived with a stretcher. The orderlies reached down and picked up the stallion carefully as the Doctor examined his body briefly.

“He’s lost a lot of blood, possible internal bleeding” noted Doctor Stable. “Get him to the E.R. immediately.” The stallion groaned and squirmed in pain, but didn’t resist as they carted him towards the hospital with Doctor Stable following closely behind.

Once they were out of sight, and the stallion’s safety guaranteed, Rainbow Dash tried to stand up, grunting along the way. “I have to get back to my friends,” she declared.

“Rainbow Dash, I am sorry, but I will need you to hang around and answer some questions,” commanded Nurse Redheart as she watched Rainbow Dash struggle.

“Oh my,” gasped Nurse Snowheart in alarm. “Rainbow Dash, your wing.”

Rainbow Dash looked at one of her wings, which has drooped down to one side. Unable to move it back into place, she moaned in discomfort. “It’s probably dislocated,” she muttered, “just need to pop it back in there.”

“Still, we’re going to have to look at that,” insisted Nurse Redheart sternly.

“Rainbow Dash, I’ll get a wheelchair,” said Nurse Snowheart. “Please wait patiently here.”

“I’m fine. See,” protested Rainbow Dash as she tried to stand on her back legs, but collapsed in pain, “ow-ow-ow.” In addition to her injured wing, she had also sprained one of her back legs. She rubbed the back of her head, chuckling sheepishly as Nurse Redheart raised an eyebrow. “Ha, maybe that wheelchair would be a good idea,” she admitted.

“Indeed,” sneered Nurse Redheart sarcastically as Nurse Snowheart arrived with a wheelchair in hoof.

“Here let us give you a hoof,” offered Nurse Snowheart, crouching down.

“Thanks,” smiled Rainbow Dash accepting the hoof. Once she was properly seated in the chair, Nurse Snowheart pushed Rainbow Dash inside with Nurse Redheart following beside them.

The unpleasant smell of disinfectant hit Rainbow Dash’s nose like a tsunami as the three entered the hospital. Rainbow Dash wasn’t fond of hospitals despite having been a regular visitor; more often as a patient. She was pushed past the two or three sick ponies in the waiting room and taken to a private consulting room.

The curtains were drawn back, and the two nurses assisted Rainbow Dash onto the bed.

“Please wait here, one of the other doctors will be here shortly” ordered Nurse Redheart as she left Rainbow Dash and Nurse Snowheart closed the door behind her. Nurse Snowheart retrieves an icepack and immediately applies it to Rainbow Dash’s sprained back leg.

“Ouch,” exclaims Rainbow Dash. “Will you be careful with that!” she snapped.

“Oh, don’t be such a filly,” joked Nurse Snowheart, “you’ll be fine.”

Rainbow Dash pouted her lips in defiance. She winced in pain as more pressure was applied to her injured leg. She looks around sheepishly, before gathering the courage to ask the Nurse her concerns that were plaguing her mind. “So is he going to be alright?”

“The stallion? We won't be sure at this stage,” Nurse Snowheart grimly replied as she continued to press the ice pack.

“But it’s a very good thing you brought him here when you did,” said the Doctor optimistically as he greeted the two, raising Rainbow Dash’s spirits. “Your actions today may have just saved his life.”

“Doctor Horse, are you sure?” asked Nurse Snowheart.

The doctor chuckled and nods. “Yes, Doctor Stable is in the operation room with your stallion friend. I’ve just checked on them, and it is looking good.”

“Thank Celestia,” sighed Rainbow Dash.

“Now let’s take a look at that wing,” said Doctor Horse.

At that moment, however, Nurse Tenderheart knocked on the door and entered. “Nurse Snowheart and Doctor Horse, I’m sorry, but I need both of you to help me outside. It’s pretty urgent,” she begged biting her bottom lip.

“No worries, We’ll be there in a moment,” Doctor Horse responded merrily. “I’m sorry, Rainbow Dash. Just keep applying pressure. We’ll be back in a minute.”

“Sure, I'll be all right,” smiled Rainbow Dash.

As the two nurses left, Rainbow Dash was alone. She rolled onto her back to rest, absorbing the events that have just occurred.

She made it.

She saved him.

She could relax knowing that the stallion was in good hooves. She closed her eyes and decided to take this opportunity to get herself a little sleep. Unfortunately, she would have to wait as there was a heated argument just outside. Rainbow Dash groaned as the voices got louder and louder.

“Oh! For Pete sake, don't they realize there were some ponies here who were trying to get some sleep,” she groaned as she covered her ears using a pillow to block out the sound.

“Rainbow Dash!” shouted Spike bursting into the room causing Rainbow Dash to yelp in shock.

“Are you okay?” asked Scootaloo.

“Where are the others?” asked Mayor Mare searching frantically around the room. “And who did you bring to the hospital?”

“Was it Applejack?” asked Applebloom desperately.

“Was it Rarity?” cried Sweetie Belle as her eyes began to water.

“Woah - woah -woah, everypony chill out!” Rainbow Dash shouted on top of the worried cries.

“I’m sorry, Rainbow,” said Nurse Sweetheart.

“We tried to stop them, but they insisted,” grumbled Nurse Redheart.

“Please, Rainbow Dash, tell us what is going on?” pleaded Mayor Mare.

“Everypony, please wait outside whilst we attend to Rainbow Dash’s injuries,” ordered Nurse Redheart. “Once we have finished, she can have visitors, but at this moment in time, please wait outside.”

The intruders were down-hearted. They were all concerned for their friends and family members who were yet to return from their adventure in Everfree Forest. Rainbow Dash sighed at the distressed and pleaded faces looking at her. I guess that nap is going to have to wait, she thought to herself.

“Hey, Nurse Redheart, will you give us a couple of minutes?”

“Fine,” groaned the nurse. “Three minutes, but then no visitors for two hours. You need rest.”

“No problem,” replied Rainbow Dash gesturing a hoofs up.

“So what happened?” asked Scootaloo as she crept near the bed edge.

Rainbow Dash cleared her throat. “So where do I begin ...


After an hour of Rainbow Dash explaining this morning’s events, the group were finally hustled out of the room by a bemused Nurse Redheart giving Doctor Horse the opportunity to fix her dislocated wing.

“Alright Rainbow Dash, you ready?” he chuckled sadistically with Nurse Sweetheart and Nurse Redheart behind him.

Rainbow Dash gulped. She always hated this bit. “Yep,” she trembled as Nurse Redheart and Nurse Sweetheart held her down.

“Here, bite down on this pillow if it gets too painful,” suggested Nurse Sweetheart.

Without any further prompting, she snatches the pillow from Nurse Sweetheart with her mouth.

“Okay, I’ll pop it on three, hold still,” he said focusing his magic on his wing.

She winced in anticipation of the pain.

“One,” counted Doctor Horse.

POP

“MMMNHMM” she cried in pain. “Bleh, you said on three!” shrieked Rainbow Dash with tears in her eyes.

“Now, Rainbow Dash,” said Doctor Horse dismissing her complaints as he wraps her wing in a sling, “I’m afraid that you’re going to have to be grounded for the next week while your wing heals.”

“WHAT!” she bellowed, “but I have to go back to training tomorrow.”

“Well, I’m afraid that is going to have to wait. Unless you want me to inform Captain Spitfire?” he asked rhetorically.

“Stupid Stallion,” she muttered bitterly to herself as she folded her forelegs and dropped her ears.

“I’ll write you a medical certificate excusing you from Wonderbolts training for the next week,” said Doctor Horse as the two nurses excuse themselves.

“Fine,” she grumbled.

Knock, knock, knock

“I’m sorry, Doctor Horse, may we come in?” said a familiar voice.

“Of course, Princess Twilight,” smiled the Doctor, “I’ve finished with Rainbow Dash here.”

Rainbow Dash’s mood perked up as Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Spike entered the room as Doctor Horse prepares to leave.

“How you doin Rainbow?” asked Applejack, winking at the injured mare.

“Oh my gosh! This is so awesome! When did you guys get back?” asked Rainbow Dash gleefully.

“Just now,” giggled Twilight. “Thanks for telling everypony what has happened. Spike wrote your story down, so it saves me having to write a full report to Princess Celestia.”

“Yeap, gotcha covered,” boasted Spike, holding the scroll for Princess Celestia.

“I had a quick read of it, but there are a few extra details I want to include,” added Twilight, “for now could you ask Princess Celestia meet us here at Ponyville Hospital?”

“Yes, Ma’am!” saluted Spike as he goes to work on the scroll.

“My Goodness, darling,” gasped Rarity, “your wing.”

“You look like you’ve been through a cake mixer,” remarked Pinkie Pie.

“Or a barrel of apples pushed down a hill during applebucking season,” added Applejack.

“Does it hurt? Maybe we should come back tomorrow - that is if you want us to?” asked Fluttershy nervously.

“Now remember, one week,” said Doctor Horse to Rainbow Dash as he closed the door behind him.

“I’ll be fine if it wasn’t for this stupid wing,” grumbled Rainbow Dash. “Any news on the stallion?” she asked hoping to change the subject.

“Yes, I’ve just spoken to Doctor Stable along the way here. He’s in a stable condition, and it appears that most of his wounds were superficial,” explained Twilight merrily. “He has a few cuts and grazes, some internal bruising, and a nasty gash to his temple when he fell, but he should be up in a few days, if not tomorrow.”

“So looks like you saved him,” chimed Applejack.

“I do believe congratulations are in order,” smiled Rarity.

“Well done, Dashie!” bounced Pinkie Pie and throwing confetti into the air. “You’re a hero!”

“Hip! Hip! Hooray!” sang Spike.

“Yay!” cheered Fluttershy silently.

Rainbow Dash grinned at the news and praise. “Oh shucks, it was nothing,” she chuckled, waving a hoof dismissively. Rainbow Dash looks around the room and notices some missing visitors. “Hey, where’s Scootaloo and the others?”

“They went back home,” answered Twilight.

“After all the ruckus they caused earlier, Nurse Redheart insisted,” chuckled Applejack. “Plus I reckon they all had enough excitement for one day.”

“I will admit that Nurse Redheart wasn’t too thrilled to see Pinkie here either,” smirked Rarity. “Can’t possibly understand why?”

“Neither can I,” shrugged Pinkie Pie, as she prepared her party cannon. “How about a party to celebrate!”

At the precise moment, she fires her cannon the hospital shakes violently. The girls shrieked and braced themselves as the earthquake intensified. Picture frames fell from the walls and vases smashed onto the floor, and nearly every pony was panicking. As quickly as it came, the earthquake stopped giving the ponies a chance to breathe.

“What in the hay?” asked Applejack looking over at Pinkie Pie.

“It wasn’t me I swear-

"IIIIIIYYYAAAAAHHHH!" screamed a voice, as the hospital shook a brief second time.

“Who was that?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Spike, send that letter to Princess Celestia now!” Twilight shouted.

“But you said-

“Spike, hurry!”

At her command, Spike blew the scroll, sending it off to Princess Celestia. To their shock, however, the puff of green smoke stopped abruptly and transformed back into the scroll.

"Princess Celestia!" Spike blurted outloud as the sun alicorn stood tall, holding the scroll with her magic. Princess Luna stood beside her. They gazed at the stunned faces who were all surprised to see their sudden appearance. “What? How?-

“We came as soon as we could,” replied Princess Celestia.

“I’m sorry, but we must go,” declared Princess Luna.

“I’ll come with you,” said Twilight bravely.

“No,” Princess Celestia replied sternly, but her voice softened as she watched the sadden expression on her former student. “Twilight, you have been through enough this morning,” she explains. “Please stay here with your friends. Luna and I will deal with this.”

“Okay,” says Twilight weakly.

The hospital room shakes again and screams could be heard. Princess Celestia steals a quick glance at Princess Luna, who nods in silent agreement. The two leave the room calmly and go to the front desk.

"Where is he?" Princess Celestia asks coolly.

"W-w-ho?" stammered Nurse Tenderheart stupefied.

Princess Luna revealed herself from behind Princess Celestia's hair. "My sister has asked you a question. It would be wise to answer."

"IIIIIIYYYAAAAAHHHH! YAAAAADDDAA!" the stallion bellowed once more, followed by more tremors.

Nurse Tenderheart shakily pointed a hoof to the stallion’s room.

Despite the building shaking around them, the two Princesses calmly entered. Inside the room, Nurse Sweetheart was trembling in fear as she tried desperately to wake Doctor Stable who had been knocked unconscious. Meanwhile Nurse Redheart and Doctor Horse were attempting to sedate the screaming pony with little success. Relief, however came as they saw the two Princesses.

“We tried to sedate him-

“Everypony, out,” Princess Luna commanded as she interrupted Doctor Horse’s explanation.

No further prompting was needed as they all rush out, Nurse Sweetheart and Doctor Horse carrying the unconscious Doctor Stable with them. Once everypony had left, the Princesses magically locked the doors behind them.