• Published 3rd Apr 2017
  • 6,004 Views, 364 Comments

Spike Pie - Silver Butcher



Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz find Spikes egg and raise him as their son. He and the Pie sisters have Sibling related Misadventures

  • ...
7
 364
 6,004

PreviousChapters Next
She Seems to Be Having Fun

She sat in silence as Spike napped; it was Spike's first day off and he was using it to test the rocks on the outskirts of Ponyville for napping suitability. He had ended up going for one beneath a tree surrounded by a couple of bushes. If he had been awake he would have noticed the sound of a pencil running across paper. Up in the tree, a mare was adding some notes to an already pretty full notebook labeled Dragons.

"It seems he is using his off time to find a good napping spot. Chosen location is a flat rock that had just fallen into the shade of this tree, it's probably pretty warm. I should come back at this time to check the temperature when he's not here." After a quick once over, Fluttershy resumed waiting for Spike to wake up and continue his routine. She'd been following him around as soon as she had cantered into Sugar Cube Corner.

She had been enthusiastically greeted by him as she stepped hoof into the establishment. After almost fainting and a quick talk from Mr.Cake assuring her that the dragon was his newest employee, Fluttershy had gone from scared to every level of curious. Seeing how he had been allowed to work at the bakery already proved he was at the very least docile. With her new knowledge, coupled with the fact that if she was caught the worst she'd get was a few snappy remarks she began following him around. It had taken less than a day to collect notes that he was a sweetheart.

She watched as he stopped in the middle of the street and disrupted cart traffic to pick up a wallet. He then spent the next three hours tracking the owner down and plopped it on their head while casually walking by, the owner had been ecstatic but had no idea who had returned it; alleviating the basic need to reward their savior. Fluttershy had also spied him getting some foals a new ball after he reflexively caught and popped the one hit at his head. This was something that she knew, and that he knew, had been on purpose. She'd even caught him carrying a baby bird back up to the nest. She had even stopped the momma bird from going after him for mistaking him for stealing the baby. Even now as he napped on the rock, he was sharing it with a fair number of other lizards resting on his chest for the warmth both he and the sun provided. Fluttershy put her pencil and pad into her bag before flying off to take care of some of her chores before continuing her studies, once she was gone Spike opened his eye.

"I don't get why she enjoys covertly studying me." Spike said with a yawn, "But it seems to make her happy so I see no reason to stop her." Spike rolled onto his side, the lizards shifting with him, as he went back to his nap.

Author's Note:

A Bonus Chapter added in Celebration of the 2-year anniversary.

PreviousChapters Next