• Published 3rd Apr 2017
  • 5,998 Views, 364 Comments

Spike Pie - Silver Butcher



Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz find Spikes egg and raise him as their son. He and the Pie sisters have Sibling related Misadventures

  • ...
7
 364
 5,998

PreviousChapters Next
Party of two

Twilight was reading a book about the history of Zebras while Owlisious was reorganizing the Library when there was a series of knocks on the door, Twilight placed her bookmark before closing the book and going to open the door, once opened she greeted her guest with a smile.

"Oh hi Pinkie pie, hi Spike...." Before she could finish her greeting Pinkie had burst into song.

"This is your singing telegram, I hope it finds you well!" she sang, on her head was a birthday hat and she had a Clown nose, behind her Spike was floating with Balloons and had Gummy on his head, Spike picked up the next line.

"You’re invited to a party, Cause we think you're really swell,"

Rarity stood in shocked silence as Pinkie, now dressed in a Tux with a Top hat, and Spike now wearing a sundress and a sunhat, danced in front of her door, Gummy was behind them in a combination of their two outfits.

"Gummy’s turning one year old, So help us celebrate," Pinkie sang to her

"The cake will be delicious, The festivities first-rate," Spike said as soon as Pinkie finished her line.

Applejack watched the dancing twins in silence, Pinkie had confetti Cannons on her back and head, while Spike had drunk a tub of bubble soap so every breath and word let loose a flow of bubbles.

"There will be games and dancing, Bob for apples cut a rug," Pinkie sang happily, her cannons going off at the end of her line scattering Confetti, Gummy attempted to eat some while Spike sang his line.

"And when the parties over, We’ll gather round for a group hug!"

Rainbow watched the duo sing with exhausted voices, Pinkie looked exhausted from her Balloon and Spike had ended up tangled in his balloons and was leaning over the side like cargo, Gummy hung over them gnawing toothlessly at their balloon.

"No need to bring a gift, Being there will be enough," Pinkie said with a strained voice.

"Birthdays mean having fun with friends, Not getting lots of stuff!" Spike added as he tried to get up and ended up falling out of view into the basket of the hot air balloon.
Fluttershy watched the exhausted looking duo as they did their final dance, Pinkie was dressed up like a Birthday cake and Spike's upper body was a mess of actual frosting, a few bees, and fly's were buzzing around him as the did their bit.

"It won’t be the same without you, So we hope that you say yes," Pinkie said as she tried not to flop to the ground,

"So please oh please RSVP, And come and be our guest!" Spike sang, with their final song finished Pinkie flopped on the ground and Spike began licking the frosting off,

"Would you three like some tea?" Fluttershy asked,

"Yes please!" The two said in unison!"

Pinkie walked into the two's room and flopped on the floor, Spike still had some of the frostings on him and grabbed a towel for a nice bath.

"Next time let's send out written invitations," Pinkie decided.

"Sounds like a good idea," Spike replied as he took the towel and headed to the bathroom.


Applejack and Rainbow were bobbing for apples when Pinkie walked over to them.

"Hey girls!" She said merrily.

"Hi Pinkie," the two said, after a short talk and being informed there was more than just apples in the barrel the two dived back in, Rainbow pulled back with Gummy stuck to her face and Applejack came back without her hat.

"What in tarnation!" She demanded when Spike submerged wearing it.

"Look at me I'm Applejack!!" he said "Howdy, Howdy, Howdy!!" Rainbow Dash gave no reaction as she was occupied removing Gummy from her face, Applejack looked at Spike for a moment,

"Ah ha, Ah ha ha ha, Give me that back." Applejack took her hat back and was about to put it on when a tiny fish fell out of it, the trio stared at it in silence.

"There might be fish in here," Spike said before sinking back into the water. before either of the two could really think on that Pinkie called them all over to dance with Gummy, Spike somehow beat them there and the group joined in a dance circle with Spike floating overhead tossing Confetti out of a bucket.


Spike was in the middle of cleaning up the mess of the party when Pinkie ran to him,

"Spike I just had the most amazing idea!" Spike turned to her with a serious face.

"The most amazing you say?" He asked.

"We should throw an after party for Gummy tomorrow!" Spike scratched his head, he felt there was something they were supposed to do tomorrow, but he had no idea what it could be.

"I am in every way down for this!" Spike said, "but let's clean up this party before we plan the next one!"


Pinkie and Spike had split the invitations in two, Spike was inviting Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Spike rolled into Sweetapple acres, quite Literally. Applejack was rolling 3 overflowing carts of apples to the barn when Spike rolled past her into the bush, before popping out of it.

"Applejack!" Spike cheered.

"Oh hey Spike, you here to help with Apple bucking again?"

"Actually I'm here to invite you to Gummy's after-birthday party this afternoon," Spike offered her an invitation with a big smile, "it's gonna be awesome!" Applejack looked at him silently for a moment.

"This afternoon?" she asked, "Like this afternoon, this afternoon?" Spike blinked

"Is there more than one afternoon today?" He asked in confusion before shaking his head "Yes, I think it's this afternoon, afternoon, but Pinkie only said one afternoon," Applejack gave Spike a strange look as she began stuttering.

"Oh..um...I...um...don't think ah can make it cause...I...I have to..." Applejack began looking around before looking behind her at all her apples "...I have to pick some apples, yup, this is an apple farm, so many apples, super busy..you know...picking apples." AJ gave Spike a guilty smile and he stared quietly at her, her smile got bigger and Spike continued staring, she gave a nervous laugh then Spike smiled again.

"Oki Doki Loki, a Party can still be a party even if we are short a guest," Spike waved goodbye before going back into the bush, there was a moment of silence before he rolled away again, AJ watched him leave the property and let out a sigh before bringing the apples into the barn.


"Did I miss a memo or something?" Spike asked as Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash both asked him if the party was this Afternoon, this afternoon. "are day's longer now or something? how is this afternoon a confusion thing now?" as Spike pondered this Pinkie showed up.

"Hey Spike did you invite them?" Spike didn't reply for a moment,

"This afternoon, this afternoon?" He asked her in confusion,

"Oh no don't tell me they said that to," Pinkie said with a slight tone of irritation, Twilight, Rarity, now Fluttershy and Rainbow?"

"Also Applejack," Spike added,

"Yes." Pinkie said turning to the two pegasuses "It's this afternoon this afternoon," Fluttershy and Rainbow ended up telling a story of having to watch after a bear named Hairy's house, whose house was actually a cave, they were about to continue when Spike chimed in.

"I know Hairy!" He said with a smile "He can't figure out if I'm real or not,"

"Well yeah, he's going on a retreat to go and become one with nature and clear his mind, and so I said....what I said is that I would watch his house, which is a cave, and oh look at the time we gotta go bye!" the two zipped off, Fluttershy doing so uncharacteristically fast." the two siblings stood in silence before looking at each other and shrugging, Spike went Balloon mode and carried Pinkie back home, once they were back Spike began playing with Gummy while Pinkie pondered over what had happened to her and what Spike had told her about AJ.

"So Fluttershy and Rainbow have super legit reasons to not show up, but Twilight hitting books, Rarity needing to wash her mane, and Applejack picking more apples..." Pinkie scratched her mane, "The more I think about it, they kind of sound like excuses." Pinkie tapped her chin then gasped. Spike popped up next to her, looking out the window to see what she had gasped at, they watched as Twilight snuck up to the bakery and entered the front door.

"That doesn't look like studying," Spike said.

"Or hitting," Pinkie added "Spike, the emergency spy hole!" Spike ran to the center of the room and moved their rug, using his claw up pulled the large cork out of the hole and Pinkie lowered a can down so they could hear into the main room of Sugar cube corner. Spike and Pinkie leaned in, Gummy playing with a ball of yarn behind them as they could just hear Twilight talking to Mrs.Cake.

"Are they here?"

"No I haven't seen Spike or Pinkie since our welcome home party," Mrs.Cake replied. "They were super excited, they can't wait to be Godparents, Altho they want to be called Aunt and Uncle, we gave them that,"

"Is it ready?" Twilight asked.

"Oh yeah it's ready, and don't worry I won't tell Spike or Pinkie a thing." Spike and Pinkie looked at each other.

"There hiding things from us!" Spike whispered,

"But where friends," Pinkie whined, "What wouldn't Twilight want us to know anything about?" the two listened and Mrs.Cake brought what Twilight had ordered to her when suddenly Pinkie's hoof was pulled through the floor.

"Hey what's with the can?" Twilight asked. Spike pulled Pinkie's arm out and the can string snapped in half.

"Oh fiddlesticks, now I have to make a new one," Spike muttered as he looked a the broken can.

"No time for that Spike!" Pinkie said as she picked up Gummy and placed him in her mane, " Spy mode, Target Twilight!" Spike put his Balloons back on and flew out the window with Pinkie, he landed for a moment and let go of her before going back up and landing on a roof, Twilight turned the corner and walked Past Pinkie's flower hiding spot, Spike watched from above as she made her way to Rarity's Boutique, Pinkie put on a Pair of glasses with a mustache and began trailing after Twilight, who turned around and almost caught Pinkie, she waved to Spike.

"Plan B." She mouthed, Spike nodded and flew down to her and set to work. Twilight knocked on the door and waited for Rarity.

"They didn't see you at the sweet shop did they?" She asked.

"I don't think so," Twilight said as she dropped the box on her back

"Good, I'd hate for them to ruin everything." Rarity replied.

"Me to," Twilight agreed as she passed the box to Rarity, who hid it in her tail. and set off, she passed a bail of hay and Pinkie's glasses popped out and watched her go.

"And move," she whispered, Spike's hands and feet came out of the bottom and he began moving them as Gummy came out the top and sneezed.

Rarity made her way to Fluttershy with the hay trio now behind her wearing a hat, a trenchcoat, and with Spike wearing Galashiels on his hands and feet to his obvious dragon limbs.

"Have you seen them?" Rarity asked, "Spike's unaccounted for but I saw Pinkie this morning."

"I saw them both this morning, but haven't since," Fluttershy replied.

"Good, Can you believe they were going to throw an after-party today of all days?"

"I'm just glad I was able to come up with an excuse on why I couldn't be there," Fluttershy replied.

"Me too," Rarity agreed "This is obviously going to be so much better," Fluttershy said something but Pinkie couldn't hear it as Spike had started crying.

"That was super mean," He said,

"Hush Spike," Pinkie said her own voice cracking as she did so, she looked up and saw Fluttershy coming "Reverse!" She said, Spike ran back and hit a wall the hay bail fell over, Fluttershy screamed, and then they were alone.

"I thought everypony loved our parties?" Pinkie muttered.

"So did I," Spike replied as Rainbow walked past them.

"Hey Pinkie Pie," Rainbow said, not noticing Spike since he was completely hidden, Rainbow froze as Pinkie looked over at her. "Uh-oh," Rainbow said before flying off.

"Rainbow Dash wait!" Pinkie called back! Rainbow flew a few blocks away and came to a rest at an alley, she took one breath before Pinkie popped out of a Barrel. "where are you going?" She demanded, Rainbow shot into the air, after a moment she ended up flying towards the school, she flew inside the bell and took a moment to rest before noticing the odd purple color of the Clapper, Green eyes suddenly blinked open and Spike looked at her before yelling.

"What's the Real reason you didn't want to come to Gummy party?" he demanded, Rainbow shot off and Spike shot after her with his wing pack, quickly falling behind her. Rainbow flew to the top of the nearby moutnain, she landed at the peak and took a few breaths before being helped up, she blinked and looked up at the two Pie siblings who looked at her, then her bag.

"WHAT'S IN THE BAG!?" They both demanded. Rainbow shot off like a rocket.

"Hey we finally got colored text in a chapter," Spike noticed.

"Oh cool," Pinkie said before frowning "But I'm still mad!" she declared and the two shot off after Rainbow. The two caught up just in time for the Barn door to close, Pinkie got up on her back hooves and Picked Spike up, she swung back and then swung him forward, Spike stopped just before the door and screamed

"WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE DASHIE!!" Pinkie dropped Spike, who quickly got back to his feet and the two stared in silence as Applejack opened the top half of the door. After a quick confrontation that resulted in something about Construction work and ended with Pinkie getting the door closed on her head for a second, the duo had a stare down with AJ before leaving, AJ and the other's sighed when Spike called back.

"I can see all of you!" Applejack pulled back and the door shut with a snap. Pinkie, Spike, and Gummy all sat in the park, Pinkie and Spike Circling Gummy.

"They're hiding something for us," Spike muttered.

"Something secret!" Pinkie added.

"Something they don't want us to know!" Spike concluded.

"AND YOU KNOW WHAT!?" Pinkie asked.

"WHAT?" Spike asked.

"WE ARE GONNA KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THAT SOMETHING IS THAT THE DON'T WANT US TO KNOW!"

"AND HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO THAT!?" there was a moment of silence. "We got really loud," Spike noted.

"Yeah," Pinkie agreed, there was a moment of silence "TO OWLISIOUS!!!"

Owlisious stared in awe at the fish dogs on a plater in front of him, his favorite snack, and one that was none to easy to get a hold of.

"Wow," he said as he stared at it "Is that all for me?"

"You bet." Pinkie said with a smile before pulling up a lamp, Spike hung upside down from the second-floor railing.

"Have we always had a second floor in here?" Spike asked looking up.

"Hu," Pinkie said looking up "I never noticed before, there's even a door! How does that make sense? Where on the 2nd floor?" there was a moment of silence where Owlisious tried to grab a Fishdog when Pinkie pushed the tray away.

"Oh no, there all your's, after you talk!" Owlisious went on a ramble for a moment,

"About our friends," Spike added, Owliious started talking about basic facts about their friends.

"Oh for the love of...!" Pinkie sighed "Your not understanding! We want you to Confess!"

"Confess!?" Owlisous asked

"CONFESS!" Spike replied, there was a moment of silence then Owliious said.

"I spilled Coffee all over Twilight's copy of Magical Mysteries and Practical potions!" there was a moment of silence.

"And?" Pinkie asked.

"I'm the one who flew into a cloud and accidentally started a rainstorm yesterday!" Owlicious said.

"And?" Spike demanded.

"And I'm the one who's been eating Fluttershy's fish!" there was a moment of silence.

"Oh wow," Spike said when Pinkie shook her head.

"NO!NO!NO!NO!!" Pinkie screamed out.

"Just tell me what you want me to say!" Owlisious cried out.

"Tell us our friends are all lying to us and avoiding us casue they don't like our parties and don't want to be our FRIENDS ANYMORE!!" Spike flew overhead hand to his ear while Pinkie stared at him.

"Your friends are all lying to you and avoiding you guys casue they don't like your parties and don't want to be your friends anymore!"

"AH!" Pinkie cheered.

"WE KNEW IT!" Spike added triumphantly, there was a half second of satisfaction before Pinkie's mane when flat and Spike's sank to the floor, suddenly becoming too heavy for his Ballons to hold him up.

"Oh no," Spike said as he lay on the floor.

"Our friends don't like us anymore," Pinkie said as she pushed the Fishdogs towards Owlisious,

"Um..." he said as he watched the two sit in silence "I...just said that cause you guys told me to," He said in confusion "It doesn't make it true," there was more silence and he sighed as he used the napkins on the table to wrap up his food and head out. "And now I have to go get Twilight."


"It'll be fine," Rainbow said to herself as she headed to Sugar cube Corner, she flew up the to the door that led to Pinkie and Spike's Balcony "I'm sure Owlisious was just exaggerating," Rainbow knocked on the door. And after a moment was called in, she walked in and looked in silence at the Flate maned Pinkie and Spike, who seemed to have sunk into the ground, who were throwing a party with a bunch on inanimate objects in Birthday hats along with Gummy "And this is bad," she decided "hey guys, Sorry I was to busy to stop and say hello earlier, had places to be, you know how it is, Pinkie grumbles something and Spike gave no sign that he had heard her. Rainbow looked down at Spike who stared blankly at the roof, Pinkie began talking to a sack of flour and began making it talk back to her, "And red flag," Rainbow decided before clearing her throat "Anyway, why don't you guys come with me to Sweet apple acres,"

"Oh sorry," Pinkie said in a most un Pinkie tone "I'm spending time with my real friends, right Spike?"

"Parties are a waste of time and energy," Spike replied "I'm gonna take a hundred-year nap," Spike rolled over with the intent to do just that and Rainbow picked him up.

"Alright this game you two are playing is less than enjoyable, now come on, we gotta..." Pinkie had ducked under the table and made a pile of rocks calls Rainbow a chump, it worked before she realized it was just rocks. Rainbow put Spike of her back and he sunk all his weight into her,

"Oh wow," She said with a hard breath "Spike you've gained some weight buddy," Spike didn't reply as Rainbow attempted to push Pinkie, who sat on Rainbow's head before moving, "Alright were doing this the hard way then."

-3 hours later-

"We're here," Rainbow said in exhaustion as she pushed Pinkie into the barn and let Spike flop onto the ground.

"Suprise!" The group said happily, the stood happily for a moment, before noticing the looks of their two friends,

"I thought they'd be more excited," Fluttershy whispered.

"EXCITED!" Pinkie practically screamed. "WHY WOULD WE BE EXCITED TO ATTEND OUT OWN FAREWELL PARTY!?"

"Owlisious was correct then," Twilight noted.

"Yeah! He told me you guys don't like us anymore and you're kicking us out of your friend group and now you've gone and thrown a big party to celebrate it! A farewell to the Pie's party!"

"Yeah," Spike said dully as he curled up on the hay and attempted to go to sleep.

"Why in the world would did you guys even ask Owliious to tell you that Sugarcube?" Applejack asked,

"Why, why, WHY?" Pinkie began shaking "Because you've been lying to us and avoiding us all day! That's why!"

"Uh yeah," Rainbow said as she and Applejack used their powers combined to make Spike stand on his feet "Casue we wanted your party to be a surprise!"

"We've been planning this party for a very long time, we had to make excuses to make sure everything was ready, we even got two very special guests who, now that we see you like this, I'm happy we made wait in the farmhouse." Twilight light her horn and Pulled Pinkie and Spike to her,

"If this is a Farewell part then why does the cake say Happy Birthdays Pinkie and Spike?" Pinkie looked around and suddenly Spike's eye's filled with life and Pinkie's mane fluffed up and she pulled the entire group into a hug.

"It's our Birthday!" Spike sang out as he swirled into the air with his Balloons over the hug.

"We completely forgot!" Pinkie laughed as a huge sigh of relief filled the room,

"Wait, who are our special guests?" Spike demanded as Twilight started the music and Pinkie tried to apologize for jumping to conclusions,

"You mean us?" A Male voice asked, the two turned and sat in awe as their parents walked into the barn,

"It certainly took you two a while to get here," Cloudy said with a laugh "Let me guess you two forgot it was your birthday again."

"This happens often then?" Rainbow asked Cloudy as Pinkie and Spike hugged their father, as they hadn't seen him in the longest out of the two.

"They can remember any date, but they always forget their own Birthday, It's actually kind of funny, a few years back they thought we were kicking them out of the house casue we were avoiding them all day." Cloudy laughed and Rainbow gave a dry look.

"Would have been nice to know that earlier," She said as Pinkie and Spike hugger Cloudy.

"alright party time!" Igneous declared as Twilight started the music. The Party lasted the entire rest of the day, with Pinkie and Spike declaring it Gummies party as well, and with Spike rounding up dozen's of Ponyvilles residence to join in the festivities with them.

Author's Note:

God Parents (should both parents lose their lives the God Parents are the legal successor's of the child.) this was gonna be like 4 chapters but heck with it every story needs at least One super long chapter

PreviousChapters Next