• Published 4th Apr 2017
  • 1,326 Views, 12 Comments

Dad, coltfriend. Coltfriend Dad - Comrade Bagel Muffin



Scootaloo brings her boyfiend Rumble over for a date. Quibble isn't quite sure he likes this as much as his daughter does.

  • ...
1
 12
 1,326

Keep Calm and Enjoy Dinner

Author's Note:

Please if you thumbs up or thumbs down this let me know why! And Please If you put this in you library let me know why!
MERCI BEAUCOUP!
Well ask about that helped me about as much as asking hornets for honey. Hurt me more than it should ouch! hahahaha heehhee. Any way I hope the rest of you folks who read this enjoy the story like and thumbs up no strings attached. If you thumbs down it please at least tell me why even if you just don't like the ship I'll at least know.

"Honey I don't want to quibble you about this but are you sure that you need to add that many blueberries to the flap jack batter?" Quibble Pants looked over his daughters shoulder. The flap jack batter was over eighty percent blueberries. He sighed it wasn't surprising in the least that she had not gotten her cutie mark in cooking.

"Dad I want to make Rumble a dinner he will enjoy, and he said that he likes blue berries," Scootaloo answered as she added even more blueberries into the already overloaded batter.

"Okay, but at this point we might as well just toss out the flap jack batter and serve the blueberries alone." Quibble took out one of the two last remaining blueberries from the bag of a hundred and popped it into his mouth. He took out the last one and after looking it over tossed it into his daughters mouth. She chewed on it as she looked at the bowl of batter.

"Yeah I may have over done it just a tad," she said with a slight blush. "I just want everything to be perfect. Strong first impression you know?" She looked up at him. Quibble took a blue berry out of the bowl and popped it into his mouth.

"Okay honey, I'll tell you what," he began after swallowing. "This is what I'll do I'm going to go back to town and grab a couple more types of berries. You get another bowl and take out all the blue berries that aren't called for by the recipe, and we'll make a berry salad for dessert."

"Thanks daddy!" Scootaloo Said as she jumped over to the cabinet and pulled out a large blue mixing bowl. Quibble nodded as he headed out of the kitchen.

"And remember. Follow the recipe exactly, okay."

"Okay dad," she called out after him a moment before the door closed.

***

Scootaloo flipped the last of the blue berry pancakes on the griddle. Her dad was methodically counting out the number and ratio of razz berries to blue berries to black berries. She kind of hated it when he acted like that knit picking all of the little and unimportant details, but so long as he was finished with it before Rumbel arrived she'd be okay with it after all they had until five thirty pm, and that was at least a while away. She looked over at the clock.

"Horse Apples It's already five twenty five!"

"Scootaloo language." Quibble said looking away from his current job of making the dessert perfect.

"Sorry dad, but I need to get a shower and Rumble will be over in five minutes." Quibble's eyes went wide at the potential implications.

"What?!" He looked at his daughter. "Well go I'll take care of that last flap jack. I don't want you in the shower with some colt in the house." Scootaloo blushed and galloped out of the kitchen. Quibble flipped over the flap jack and started counting down from twenty. It was the perfect number for a golden and perfect flap jack.

The water was still running up stairs when there was a knock at the door. Quibble's ears folded back. He was three minutes early, how come , why was he three minutes early, colts were never early, unless they were excited about the thing. That set his mind on paths he did not want it to tread right now. No stop that, he's just looking forward to spending time with the best filly in town that's all. He opened the door.

"Hello Mr. Quibble, sir." The grey Pegasus smiled weakly as Quibble stepped outside, and closed the door behind him. "Is anything wrong sir?" He fidgeted a bit.

"No nothings wrong," Quibble began, trying to read the colt like he would a Daring Do book. Sadly reading flesh and blood proved much more difficult than reading words. "We lost track of time getting dinner ready. Now she's just getting ready." The two of them stood in an awkward silence outside for twenty minutes. "It never took her this long to get a shower before." Rumble was glad that her dad was looking away at the moment as he felt his cheeks grow red.

No, no, no stupid. He turned around and tried to calm down. He just stared out at the lawn hoping the sudden blush would fade just as quickly as it had unwelcomely appeared.

"Scootaloo are you okay?!" Quibble called his head poking through the door. The water wasn't running any longer that was a good sign.

"I'm fine dad," came the muffled response from the upper floor. "Is Rumble here yet?"

"Yes he's here we were just outside talking," Quibble called back up.

"Okay I'll be right down." Quibble nodded and turned around, and found Rumble watching the door like his life depended on it. He heard the tell tale sound of his daughter coming down to the door. A moment later he saw the colt's eyes go wide and his cheeks go as red as Big Macintosh. He turned around and with effort avoided losing control.

Scootaloo stood in the door way wearing a casual plain green dress that she had borrowed from Sweetie Belle's wardrobe. Her usually wild mane had been combed and pulled back into a ponytail. Her dad's eye nearly twitched when he saw the faint blush, that was just a tone or two darker than her normal color.

Combed hair, dress, Make up. What how. This is worse than I thought.

"Well, how do I look?" She asked doing her best not to sound nervous.

"Very nice."

"Like a goddess." Quibble turned to look at the colt whose eyes never once left his daughter. He also could hear a couple of stifled giggles coming from inside the house.

"Glad you like it." The blush wasn't dark enough to hide the blood rushing to her cheeks. "So what are we waiting for let's go."

Go? "Excuse me young lady where do you think you're going?" Quibble asked looking between the two of them. "Wasn't the plan to just have a simple dinner and talk. That's what we agreed to right?" He was quickly regretting giving his daughter the idea to invite her coltfriend over.

"Yeah and we're going to have dinner here and chillax, but first we're going to go on a walk."

"Were to?"

"Just around, dad relax."

"It's okay sir. We're just going to take a trail through the park around the pond, and right back here Mr. Quibble sir." Rumble stepped in. Quibble to his credit remained completely civil. He nodded his head.

"That's all I needed to know thank you." He exhaled deeply and quickly calmed himself down. "You two have fun."

"Thank you sir." Rumble offered his hoof to Scootaloo who immediately took it with a smile on her face. The two of them walked side by side hoof in hoof out of the yard.

"The two of you can each have a bowl of the berry salad, but I need you out of the house when I get back" Quibble said to the fillies that were in the house. Then he headed down the side walk after the young couple.

***

Quibble snuck into the back door a couple of minutes ahead of his daughter and her coltfriend. He set the table quickly making sure that everything was set up just the way it should, before he went over to rest on the sofa. Not a minute later the two of them came into the house. smiles still on their faces.

"Hello, did the two of you enjoy your walk?"

"Yes dad," she said with a sly smile and roll of her eyes. "You two can go to the table I need to get this dress off. Rarity and Sweetie Belle may not mine a little sweat, but Rarity would kill me If I got a stain on it." She headed up the stairs leaving her friend who was a colt and her dad all alone. After ten minutes she came back down the stairs and walked to the table. Rumble instantly got up and pulled out a chair for her. Quibble nodded.

As soon as they started to eat dessert. He decided to voice his thoughts. "You know at first I wasn't exactly sure what to think about you Rumble." Both of them looked up at him with looks of concern and confusion with just a touch of apprehension. "But I'm glad that my daughter picked a gentlecolt like you to be her special somepony."

"What?" Rumble started coughing his face red as a beat.

"Dad!? What the hey?" Scootaloo said at the same time her face as red as the colt's.

"What?" he asked with a slight chuckle.

"We're just friends. Really really good friends, that's all." Both of them said, in unison. Quibble was going to argue the point that them using really twice in that context wasn't helping their point. He just smiled and nodded, pretending to concede the point. The rest of the date was fairly uneventful. The two of them talking about everything under the sun. Which eventually went down, and the two of them completely drained fell asleep on the sofa wing in wing.

"Really really glad," Quibble whispered.

Comments ( 12 )

Ah, we get to see Quibble being a bit more of a dad here. A tad dorky dad (nitpicking XD) but I like the traits you've given him. Scoots over reacting about everything being perfect, Rumble coming early. Another good slice of life entry. The ending is cute too. You passed the Father Test, Rumble!

There were a few grammatical errors in places but none enough to drag me out of the story

8075150 Glad that you liked it thank you for your critique. It is greatly appreciated. I've been hunting down the errors for a while I was watching someone else's labtop and was a bit distracted by other things as well when I wrote this. I'm glad it feels natural as a slice of life looking at the ratings I was beginning to worry.

I like where you're ping with this story. It's nice! Although I did like the idea of scoot as an orphan, lol
In your quotes, there weren't many commas. Other than that, it's a lil' heartwarming story, and Quibble is 100% in character here. :3

Stories in same universe

In what order do you read the stories ?

8243568
There's not really an order but, time line wise it goes.
A Father's Lullaby
Father Daughter Day
Dad Coltfriend, Coltfriend Dad
Hospitals and Honeysuckles
Sick Day
Double Date

8243582 thanks

p.s. Links please

Concern dad Quibble is funny.

It's a cute story.

Quibble is protective of his daughter. He even expects the worse from him. My goodness! He was a good dad though.

You can tell Rumble and Scootaloo like each other even if they can't admit it. They both want the other to be happy. It's nice Scootaloo who is a little more proactive is helping the slightly shyer Rumble with their date.

You can tell they have some hormones and they're starting to get interested in each other. 😂

It's a sweet wholesome fic of young love and a guardian dad. It's nice that Quibble is protective of his daughter because otherwise if he were Rumble were a sleazeball he would probably get his Daring Do whip and teach him a lesson!

So nice fic. Also I just like Rumbloo.

10644612
Merci beaucoup, I agree I too enjoy Rumleloo.

Login or register to comment