• Published 1st Apr 2017
  • 3,574 Views, 72 Comments

To Love a King - Amethyst_Dawn



After his undisputed ascension to King of the Changelings, Thorax returns to Canterlot.

  • ...
5
 72
 3,574

BONUS

Celestia quietly stared at the closed door for a few minutes before she took a sip of her tea, and set the saucer back onto the diner table.

“And, that’s pretty much our most successful diplomatic meeting to date, as well as the shortest.” She concluded with a chuckle, glancing at the two alicorns across from her. Cadence was cooing lightly at the story, while Twilight’s eyes started to sparkle a bit.

“Omigosh, this is amazing!” Twilight squealed giddily. “Not only does an unlikely pair get their chance at true love, but now we have a subtle method of gathering information on the fresh, developing Changeling culture!”

Celestia rolled her eyes with a proud smile, and turned to her sister who sat beside her. “Which brings me to this point, Luna: how did you know?”

Luna glanced boredly up from stirring her coffee, and rolled her eyes. “You know how I patrol the Dreamscape for trouble, right?” She asked, observing as all three nodded. “Well I happened upon one of Fleur de Lis’ dreams of her marriage, and figured out the rest once I heard the name of the new Monarch.”

“‘Figured out the rest’?” Cadence quoted, lifting her hoof from under her chin. “Figured it out from what? I get the wedding part, but was she marrying a Changeling or something?”

“I didn’t see the wedding itself, but I saw the dress…” Luna’s cheeks took on a hue of pink as she looked away from the table. “And as for the rest, let us just say that I have never heard the name ‘Thorax’ screamed so loudly in my life, and leave it at that.”

Celestia’s dish crashed on the table as both her and Cadence turned bright red at the implications, and Twilight looked between the three of them with a confused expression.

“What?” Twilight asked innocently. “What’s got you three so silent?”

Celestia offered a wing to her former student in an embrace, and suddenly found the view outside of the cafe very interesting. “Let me just say that soon, you’ll know whether a mare that marries a Changeling will lay eggs, or give birth normally.”

Author's Note:

I know, I know, not usually the type of humor I like to leave off with. But it practically wrote itself here! No, this does not mean that I'll be resorting to this sort humor more often, I just wanted to see if I could use it well. :twilightblush:

Until Next Time, God Bless You!
~Amethyst Dawn :heart:

Comments ( 28 )

This is me right now:

8080493
Glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

Celestia quietly stared at the closed door for a few minutes before she took a sip of her tea, and set the saucer back onto the diner table.

You misspelled dinner table.

8080536
Diner, as in restaurant. :twilightsmile:

“I didn’t see the wedding itself, but I saw the dress…” Luna’s cheeks took on a hue of pink as she looked away from the table. “And as for the rest, let us just say that I have never heard the name ‘Thorax’ screamed so loudly in my life, and leave it at that.”
Celestia’s dish crashed on the table as both her and Cadence turned bright red at the implications, and Twilight looked between the three of them with a confused expression.
“What?” Twilight asked innocently. “What’s got you three so silent?”
Celestia offered a wing to her former student in an embrace, and suddenly found the view outside of the cafe very interesting. “Let me just say that soon, you’ll know whether a mare that marries a Changeling will lay eggs, or give birth normally.”

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pinkiegasp::derpyderp1::derpyderp2::rainbowderp:

8080601
I was hoping those jokes would work. :rainbowlaugh:

“Let me just say that soon, you’ll know whether a mare that marries a Changeling will lay eggs, or give birth normally.”

I'm curious now, we need closure.

8082063
As long as you're not expecting clop, the answer will come in time. :twilightsmile:

8080586 Maybe? Please don't troll with me like that. :fluttershysad:

It would've been awesome to see this as a long story. It would definitely be sweet.

8120309
8080583
Don't worry, a much longer sequel is in planning. :twilightsmile:

This is a great example of a well put together story, and for that, I applaud you, good Sir!

8461778
Hair joke? I don't know where to look for a hair joke because I didn't even know that there was a hair joke in this.

8461778
What is the hair joke?

8461778
Okay now I see the Trump joke. Coddled Rump. I can’t believe I didn’t see it.

8646747
I'm really sorry I'll stop commenting here. I didn't mean for this to happen.

8646754
Hey, don't worry about it. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong intentionally, just speaking bluntly. I have a habit of making things sound worse than they are over text.

8646775
Thank you. I understand why you said what you said but I just want to let you know that you gave me such a big scare to the point where I had an overwhelming anxiety attack in fact it was the biggest I had in a very long time. Anyway, no hard feelings.

8646790
Well, sorry for that.

8646854
Don't worry about it I forgive you.

Happy one year anniversary. It’s now officially been one year since this story was published here.

There is really only one issue I have with Friendly Fire and To Love a King. It’s that there isn’t enough substance with Thorax and Fleur’s romance. Please ensure there is In the Courtship of His Majesty.

Finally re-read this one. We need more! D: It's too good. >w<

Oh my that was something but Princess Luna. You did an amazing job helping her to reunite with thorax after all these years and once again I hope there was a sequel to it to be honest I am pretty interested how the relationship go's but anyway this was pretty good keep up the good work

Celestia offered a wing to her former student in an embrace, and suddenly found the view outside of the cafe very interesting. “Let me just say that soon, you’ll know whether a mare that marries a Changeling will lay eggs, or give birth normally.”

(Well, know we need need to know:raritywink:)

Let me guess-- it depends whether or not Jungle Boogie or Combine Harvester by The Wurzels was playing during conception.

Login or register to comment