• Published 30th Mar 2017
  • 1,472 Views, 17 Comments

I Belong To The Shadows - DragonMaster24921



When a human falls into Equestria in the ancient castle in the Everfree Forest, while trying to find supplies in this harsh new environment at night he feels like something is watching him every night even though he's all alone hopefully,

  • ...
4
 17
 1,472

A Hazy Future

The two companions sat in the collapsed entrance hall of the castle, for hours the only thing that could be heard was the music resonating from the now synched up twin speakers. Ever since his alarm had accidently gone off, Nightmare Moon had sat and listened to his music with peaceful smile, her head bobbing to the beat of this unknown, but incredibly welcoming music.

After a few songs, Joey had to turn off the device, much to Nightmares annoyance. “Human, why did you turn off those soothing Melodies?” She asked harshly. The human cringed not wanting to anger the alicorn princess.

“Because, these thing have a thing called batteries, they only have a limited time before they have to be recharged, so I have to conserve it as much as I can so I can have more later, And my name's Joseph by the way, I would appreciate you using it.” he replied annoyed that the alicorn had yet to actually call him by his name.

Nightmare Moon had risen to her full height, which upon recollection, she noticed she was almost the same height as him.

“I commend you for the bravery to standing up to us, Joseph but if we may, can we come up with a compromise?” she asked oddly hesitantly.

The human had returned to the fire nearby, curious to what Nightmare Moon was going to ask. “Go on..”

“if, we allow you to take refuge here in our home, will you reciprocate with your lovely music?”

“I would be willing to do that if my battery life was infinite, but I cannot do this.” Joey responded. As he finished he sentence, Nightmare Moon had snagged the device pressing the same button she saw her new roommate had pressed restarting the device, after a few minutes of inspection Nightmare Moon had flashed her horn on the device, upon returning it to the human he noticed it was fully charged.

“How did you know to do that?” the human asked shocked. The alicorn let out a laugh.

“Since you mentioned this IPod, requires a charge, I simple used a charging spell that was on the same frequency as the electricity it was producing.” Joey sat there in shock, he was worried the one thing he enjoyed from his world would be forever gone, now thanks to this Mare he could never forget his music.

In the heat of the moment he had grabbed the alicorn, pulling her into a firm hug. Nightmare was about to repulse Joey but she had forgotten how comforting hugs were, and missing a thousand years worth of hugs hit her hard, she wrapped her hooves around the human reciprocating the hug.

“if your willing to keep this charged I'll gladly stay.” both had stared at each other for a few moments before noticing they were still.embraced, the two quickly separated as Joey restarted his music from the very beginning of his playlist.

“Good thing I have over three thousand songs.” he thought to himself.

The two companions now rested around the fire.

“Tell me about yourself, Moon..” Joey said after a few minutes of silence. Nightmare Moon had tensed up after the question was asked.

“There is nothing for me to say, my true identity is long gone, just leaving myself to wallow in the forsaken castle for eternity.” she replied sullenly.

“Humor me..”

A few moments it's if silence pass as Moon takes a minute to collect herself.

“My name is Nightmare Moon yes, but I am the embodiment of the ruler of this nation, her name was Luna, a thousand years ago, Luna and her sister Celestia rose the sun and moon respectively, all was in balance until a unicorn named Sombra had declared war on Equestria from his empire in the fire north.”

Celestia and Luna tried to reason with Sombra but he had been driven mad by dark magic, so we.. I mean they, fought with the unicorn king. It was going fantastic, but Sombra did something to us. After the battle that's when Luna was being fed corruption from an unknown source, which brought me into existence. After years of bottled up frustrations, in a fit of rage Luna released it all on Celestia declaring war on the sun itself. Which in turn lead to.my banishment along with luna.”

A thousand years of sadness and guilt, along with the corruption turned us both into a monster, upon our return Celestia was captured and our campaign was reassured, but Twilight Sparkle and her friends wielded the Elements of Harmony, and separated Luna and myself, upon the guise they destroyed me. When in actuality I sit here now weakened and bound to the forsaken castle.”

“is there something binding you to this place?”

“No, but if I were to go out and be seen by anypony, the Elements of Harmony would track me down and destroy me.”

Joey shook his head. “so it's more for your safety, what if you tried to show these “elements” that you weren't truly evil?” “After all if I can ha her a guess, this sombra character did something that was affecting your mind, do you feel any kind of madness in your mind right now?”

Nightmare Moon shook her head. “The only thing I feel now is the guilt of the things I shouldn't have done.”

Joey moved closer wrapping his arm around the mare.

“Then how about this, tommorow we go find a town, somewhere close by, you go incognito and we figure out how you can truly apologize to Celestia and Luna..”

Nightmare Moon sat in Silence. “Truthfully, I don't want to do that, I know what Will happen, I will either be arrested or executed on the spot, treason is penalty to death, and I know lots of ponies will want my head.”

“that was a thousand years ago, what if you try again, this time with a friend by your side..”

Moon gasped. “Are you truly serious, I am your friend?” the human shrugged his shoulders.

“Well considering we’ve gotten at each other's throats already. And you were so willing to share your life story I don't see why not.”

Nightmare, for the first time in so long felt warm on the inside. “Thank you, Joseph.” the human had focused his gaze on the fire.

“it's what friends do.”

Morning

Joey had woken up at dawn, the fire had long gone our and the music had been turned off before the pair went to bed, across the remnants of the fire. Nightmare Moon was resting, her breathing was slow, and her name wasn't moving, this was the this time the human had truly noticed the obsidian mare she might look a little rough around the edges but if you sat and talked to her, you could see she had a heart of gold.

The human had gotten up and started packing his stuff trying to not wake his friend, by the time he had finished Nightmare had awaken from her slumber.

“Morning you..” Joey said casually as his homemade bag was being sealed up. Nightmare on the other hand, wasn't exactly enthusiastic about being up during the day.

“Five more minutes. Too early.” she murmured. Her hooves crossed under her chin, in an oddly adorable fashion.

Joey let out a chuckle. “But the sooner we get out of here and get to the town you were talking about, the sooner we can get some actual food, not having to forge around for scraps like wild animals.”

Moon's ears a visually perked up as she stretched her hind legs and front legs like a cat, with a wave of her magic, Nightmare Moon was ready to leave this hellhole, forever.

Author's Note:

Guess who's back
Back again
Dragon's back
Tell your friends
I shall be rolling these chapters out in between my Other story a Great and Powerful Love Story, they might be smaller but I hope y'all enjoy them

Comments ( 2 )

Here are some (likely) errors I noticed:

The human cringed not wanting to anger

Comma behind ‘cringed’.

he replied annoyed

Comma behind ‘replied’.

Since you mentioned this IPod, requires a charge

Unnecessary comma.

“if your willing to keep this charged

you're

before noticing they were still.embraced

Period/dot should be space.

Tell me about yourself, Moon..

Either one or three periods.

“Humor me..

Same as before.

but I am the embodiment of the ruler of this nation, her name was Luna, a thousand years ago, Luna and her sister Celestia rose the sun and moon respectively, all was in balance until a unicorn named Sombra had declared war on Equestria from his empire in the fire north.”

Second comma should be a period.
Also, was it really called the fire north? :rainbowhuh:

Which in turn lead to.my banishment

Period should be space.

so it's more for your safety

First s should be uppercase.

that you weren't truly evil?” “After all if I can ha her a guess

Part of the same line, so the cited quotation marks should be removed.
Also, ‘‘ha her’’ ?

Joey moved closer wrapping his arm

Comma behind ‘closer’.

we figure out how you can truly apologize to Celestia and Luna..”

Should just be one period.

Nightmare Moon sat in Silence

Uppercase S should be lowercase.

I know what Will happen,

Uppercase W should be lowercase.

I will either be arrested or executed on the spot, treason is penalty to death

I do not think that is the correct syntax.

“that was a thousand years ago

First t should be uppercase.

this time with a friend by your side..”

Should only be one period.

the fire had long gone our

out

Nightmare Moon was resting, her breathing was slow, and her name wasn't moving

mane

by the time he had finished Nightmare had awaken

Comma behind ‘finished’.
awakened

“Morning you..”

Either one or three periods.

not having to forge around for scraps like wild animals.

forage

Note that these are only the ones I noticed.

9071925
Thanks my dude I'll fix them later today.

Login or register to comment