• Published 29th Mar 2017
  • 527 Views, 10 Comments

Scootaloo's Nuzlocke Adventure - maemaee



Scootaloo is a young filly ready to start her journey to become the very best like no one ever was, however things take a turn for the worse when it turns out that it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

  • ...
 10
 527

Chapter Two: Team Changling

Chapter Two: Team Changling

"I'm so excited for us to finally start our journey! No more stalling or interruptions, we're going straight to training! Right Apple Bloom? Right Sweetie Belle? Right, team?" I turned my head to look at them, continuing to move forward.

""Mmhmm!"" They nodded in unison, then quickly starting yelling, ""Scootaloo, stop!"" I bumped into another pony, and little did I know that our journey would come to a halt only a few minutes after we left the Library... We were so close, too!

"Hey, watch it. I'm trying to see what's going on, there's some creep talking." The pony said rather annoyed, walking away. A creep? What could it possibly be? There aren't many creepy ponies around here, what gives?

"We should get a look-see. Come back into your ball, Missie." I said, pressing the button to my Pokeball.

"Alright... If you say so." She sighed before getting sucked in. The three of us crawled through the crowd to get to the front and to get face to face with... Something. What is it? It's a pony... But it's all holey and gross-looking. There is a whole army of these strange pony behind her, which means there must be more, right?

"Hello everypony, I am Crysalis. I am here representing Team Changling. I am here with a concept that some of you may find... Controversial. Pokemon liberation." The crowd starting mumbling and murmuring about what was being said. Others simply wanted to see where this pony was going. "While some of you may think that ponies and Pokemon are partners, companions, friends who have come together because we want and need each other but... What if this is only our perspective of it? Ponies are selfish, subjecting their Pokemon to commands of Trainers. Have ponies really loved their Pokemon if they were just going to subject them to this? Us Changlings... We are the most reliant on this love. We love love, and we can love Pokemon without confining them in cages we call Pokeballs!"

This was insane. How could they go around thinking that ponies don't love Pokemon just because they keep them in Pokeballs? I just don't get it... Why would anypony think that?

"What?! That's ridiculous! Ponies battle and compete in contests so that Pokemon can get stronger. That's how our bonds get stronger, of course we love our Pokemon!" Apple Bloom yelled out to the bug-like pony, and some of the crowd began to cheer with her.

"Yeah, of course we love our Pokemon!" "What do you think we're gonna do, release our Pokemon?!"

"Really? If it's so Pokemon and bonds can grow stronger, then why would you let Pokemon get hurt? Why do you profit from this sick form of bonding? Can anybody in this crowd honestly say that ALL Pokemon are happy? That there is no truth in what I have said? With that in mind, consider the feelings and the pain of your Pokemon." Her goons packed up her set-up for her, and they flew off.

"Who was that? I don't know if anybody like that should be trusted... She was really scary looking!" Sweetie Belle said, taking her Oshawott out from her pokeball.

"Huehueheuee, wasn't it obvious? Her name was Crysalis." A filly that had snuck up from behind us said cheekily. If I'm being honest, it made me jump. Just a little, though. She was an average looking pony, with one exception; her eyes. Her pupils were spiralled, almost as if it was pink, folded on pink, folded on pink. "Howdy there, chums! You three have some mighty fine Pokemon there. Are you starting your journey?"

"Uhm, yeah! These are our Pokemon. Leifa, Sapphire and Missie." Apple Bloom said, Leifa nodded along with Apple Bloom.

"Oh boy, that's just mighty swell. My name is Screwball! Here's my business card, feel free to call me anytime you like." She handed me a little piece of paper folded into an origami crane with a wink. After unfolding it and looking further, it's...

"...This is a playing card, Screwball."

"Duh! All work and no play makes Jack a dull colt! No business here but funny business! Hueheuehue!" Her pinwheel hat spun as she started to laugh. "Didya hear what that Crysalis said about lovin' Pokemon without keepin' them in those dinky, old pokeballs?"

"How could you not? Pretty strange if you ask me. Pokeballs aren't cages, they're homes." Sweetie Belle looked at Screwball oddly; in fact, we all did. Who was she and why was she talking to us in particular?

"...Ah, no matter! Just surprised that you're not able to get it through your thick skulls, huehehuee!" She ended her serious sentence with that... Laugh. It was suspicious from any angle you looked at it."Aaaaaanyway. Time for me to depart until the plot catches up!"

"Hey, wait a second!" I yelled to her, trying to get her to stay so she could explain what the heck she's talking about.

She suspended herself in air for a second then dashed off faster then I've ever seen before, leaving a trail of pink dust and... Is that silly string? That was not what I meant by waiting a second.

"That was WEIRD. Will everyone we meet be that strange?" Sweetie Belle looked at Apple Bloom and I with just as much confusion as us. Honestly, I hope that was a one-off encounter with THAT pony. "But... What if that Crysalis pony has a point? When you think about it, Pokeballs are kind of prisons for Pokemon..." Sweetie Belle looked down at her hooves, thinking about what the pony said.

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't worry about what they said, it doesn't matter! We should just focus on getting the second additions to our team, won't that be fun?" I said to cheer up Sweetie Belle. Apple Bloom helped out too, using her knowledge on breeding and farming.

"Sweetie, don't worry. That Crysalis doesn't know what she's talkin' about. Pokemon rely on ponies and ponies rely on Pokemon. That's the way the world has always worked, and will continue to work. We have a special connection to these creatures and if they really minded being in Pokeballs, they would've told us by now, ya'know?"

"...You're both right. Thanks, you guys!" We all went in for a group hug, and decided that the best way to go is the field closest to the Ponyville Schoolhouse; where some of the more less hostile Pokemon roam in the tall grass.


We looked out at the wide open field with tall grass; Route One. Even though this was a Route that simply looped back onto the trail back to Ponyville, it's a hot spot for new trainers in Ponyville to explore. It was a chance to catch a Pokemon. "Oh man, I can't wait to finally catch myself a whole team of Pokemon!" I smirked, taking out the extra balls I got from Professor Twilight.

"Yeah, me too! I hope the ones I get are cute, or really strong! That way, the contests will be really easy!" Sweetie Belle said excitedly.

"Um, sorry to burst your bubble, but um...!" A voice came from behind us. It wasn't a pony, though. It was a bird Pokemon! A... Robot bird Pokemon. Following behind her was a pony, which I assume to be the bird's owner. "Because of a new law that was passed, you can't catch anymore then one Pokemon at a time per location."

"What? Who are you two? I've never seen you around before." I asked.

"Flower! It's a flower!" The pony started following a moving flower through the tall grass.

"Er, yeah... Lucky, don't touch that! That is a Roselia, and that's a Poison- LUCKY!" The bird pecked at Lucky Dice's head, and Lucky stopped chasing the Pokemon. "He's Lucky Dice, and I'm Robin. We're the allocated Pokemon Rangers for this here trail. We're here to preserve the population of the Pokemon in this area. Ever since that Team Changeling has come around Pokemon have been mysteriously disappearing, both caught and wild Pokemon."

"There's no proof that they did it!" Lucky added to what Robin said, and Robin chirped.

"That's right. Because there's no proof, the police is unable to arrest them for this strange coincidence. You can't catch any Pokemon that you've already caught, either. It's not fair to the other trainers that may miss out on a species that they wanted. This has been enforced in every area that Team Changeling has been spotted."

"Well, where haven't they been spotted?" Sweetie Bloom asked politely.

"...Um, the Griffon Kingdom. On the bright side, your team will be filled with wonderful new Pokemon! Let's go, Lucky. I'll scout from the sky, you just avoid the Roselia okay? Goodbye, girls! Good luck on your journey!"

"Thank you... Goodbye." Sweetie Belle sighed.

"I can't believe this...! I can't catch more then one Pokemon in an area?! That's dumb! What's the point?!" I yelled.

"Hey, it's okay! Don't worry about it. We'll be able to catcha' whole buncha' other Pokemon in other areas. Your team will grow lickity-split. Think about the awesome new Pokemon you'll get right now, heck, we might even get our cutie marks!" Apple Bloom said. She had a point, I was able to catch one Pokemon per route.

"I don't want any of y'all getting hurt, alright? Stay close and if you need to get healed, tell me!" Apple Bloom waited at the start of the clearing.

"Aren't you gonna be catching a Pokemon, Apple Bloom?"

"I want to be a breeder, not a trainer. I'll be stayin' here to keep a close eye on y'all. Leifa will too." Leifa gave her signature nod.

"Alright, then. Let's find a Pokemon, Sweetie!" I grinned over at her, and together we looked in the grass for Pokemon. This was finally my chance to get a new Pokemon on my team for the next Gym! I'm already one step closer to meeting Rainbow Dash... Eeeeee!

"Wooof!" It's a Pokemon! What is it though? It looks just like a baby Winona! I take out my Pokedex and scan it to see what it is.

"BZZZ-- LILLIPUP, THE Puppy POKEMON." It's a Lillipup, and it looks pretty cool too! Alright, Let's do this!

"Hey, I found one, Sweetie! Alright, Missie, it's your time to shine!" I send Missie into battle and she erupts with excitement.

"Heehee, finally, a battle! Alright, Scoots! On your command, I'm gonna do my very best!" Missie stands her ground, looking over at the Lillipup.

"Missie, hit it with a Tackle. Be gentle though, alright?" I point my hoof at the Lillipup, indicating for Missie to attack.

"Alright boss, gentle. Got it!" Missie moves backwards a little to give her more momentum, and rushes towards the Lillipup. The attack hits the Lillipup, and the Lillipup hits back with weaker force. I take out my Pokeball, and throw it at the Lillipup.

Click. Click. Click. Click.

I caught the Lillipup, the second member of my team!

"Alright, Missie! We did it!" I grabbed Missie with my hooves and began throwing Missie up and down. "We should meet our Lillipup."

"Oh, that sounds like a good idea! I'd like to meet him." Missie jumped out of my hooves. I took the Lillipup from out of it's Pokeball, and Missie came face to face with him.

"Eh, yer' my new trainer? I can't complein, yer only a wee bit smaller then me' old master. Definitely stronger though." The Lillipup had a strong accent that I couldn't pin down. Nevertheless, I'm glad it seems to like me.

"What's your name? Do you have a name?" I asked.

"Wha? Of course I have a name. Th'name's Winston, my dear... But who is Miss Piggie here? She's an angel, if I've ever seen one." Winston got closer to Missie, licking her hoof. Barf.

"Um, I'm Missie. Haha, you're quite, erm, friendly." Missie took her hoof back and took a step back.

"Scootaloo, look at what I caught! I caught a Lillipup, isn't it cute- You got one too?! That's soooo amazing!" Sweetie Belle took her Lillipup out and it looked over at mine.

"Whoa... It's Winston. That's so rad, you've got yourself a trainer too, bro...!" Her Lillipup appeared fairly slow and chilled out. Even looking at her made me tired.

"Yes, dearie. I got myself a true fighter this time! What about you, Ms. Cora? Does your Trainer fight? Because mine does!" He boasted. Wow, he really respects me as a trainer... It means that I have to keep up to his expectations.

"Ah... You care way too much about competition. Learn to sniff the flowers sometimes..." Cora hopped into Sweetie Belle's rucksack, looking fairly snug in there. "I'll be here. Sleeping." Huh... I wonder. I looked over at Winston and he looked back.

"No, I'd rather be stuck with a dumb name like Princess. No way in hell am I bein' a pocket pet." Well, that resolves that.

"Hellooooooo once agaiiiin~!" A familiar voice appears. Looking around, I don't see anyone... Wait, what's that on the ground?

"...A Pokeball?" The Pokeball opens, and a pink dust cloud sweeps the area.

"Guys?! Are you alright?! What's goin' on over there?!" Apple Bloom yells from a direction; I don't know which, I'm so disoriented I can't even figure out where ANYTHING is. "I'm comin' over, hold on one second!"

"Ah, it's up my nose, it's up my nose!" Missie started to yell, sounding rather annoyed. The dust cloud clears, and what we are left with is thick, pink fog that is coming from a machine in the distance.

"Ladies and gentlecolts, fillies and colts of all ages! Presenting..." A platform comes out of nowhere, slowly emerging from the pink fog. A pony's silhouette could be seen. I already knew who it was... "The One, the Only, the Amazing, the Chaos child... Could you hurry the platform's speed? I'm running out of adjectives here!" From the platform emerged a stairwell, and down came Screwball. She pressed a button and an audience of mannequins clapped, and a cannon sent confetti flying into the air.

"How did you do that? Why did you do that?! What IS this?"

"Well, I needed a dramatic entrance! It's not fun to just walk in and say something like: 'Oh hey, Scootaloo, want to have a battle?'. This was waaaay more fun to set up." She pressed another button, and the audience laughed.

"Hey! That wasn't even funny!" Sweetie Belle said, and the audience booed at her with a press of the button.

"...You want to battle? That's it?"

"Well, yeah. I wanna know if your Pokemon really LOVE you. Because what's the point of owning a Pokemon if they don't love you? If you believe that battling strengthens the bond between Pokemon and Trainer, then let's battle."

"Alright, then let's have a battle! You're on." I smirked.


Team:
Missie (Tepig)
Level 6
Docile Nature
Tackle, Tail Whip

Winston (Lillipup)
Level 4
Sassy Nature
Tackle, Growl

Author's Note:

Hey, everypony! I hope you enjoyed the second chapter of Scootaloo's Nuzlocke Adventure! A big shout out to Mister Pheonix, who's OC Lucky Dice was featured in this chapter along with his bird, Robin! If I kind of stuffed up the character, sorry. They are a really nice pair. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please leave criticism and comments, I love to hear from you all. If you have an OC that you want featured in the Adventure, whether as a Contest Pony, a Pokemon Ranger, a member of Team Changling, or a Trainer, please message me!

Thank you for reading!

Comments ( 3 )

You did Robin and Lucky fine, just PM me if you have any questions about those two. I stopped writing for FIMfiction. Anyway good luck with your story mate.

So any bets on when Tepig's gonna die

I'm loving this so far! Yes, it's ridiculous, but in a subtly hilarious way. Just the idea of Nuzlocke rules being actual laws makes me grin, raise an eyebrow, and think, "oh boy".

Login or register to comment