• Published 27th Mar 2017
  • 274 Views, 18 Comments

Of Bats and Sparrows - Silver Inkwell



Follow along with two stories, one in the past as a guard struggles to be accepted into society, and in the present where a mare still struggles to do the same.

  • ...
 18
 274

Eight

Present Day

Suddenly the front door slammed shut once it had been opened and yet another bat pony came in. Alice nearly jumped out of her seat in surprise, why did her brother always have to try to make a great grand entrance?

“HELLO THERE MY BEAUTIFUL SISTER!” he shouted, “HOW ARE YOU?”

“ASTER!” she shouted back, “Didn't I tell you not to do that?”

“Yes, you did, but you know me, I ignore the rules of society and family!”

She sighed, her brother was very annoying sometimes, but she still loved him nonetheless. “Brother, just try to take it down a bit first, because guess what I found today?” she said. He raised a chin to his hoof and contemplated it.

“Oh, let me guess, was it your brain perhaps?” he replied back very sarcastically. Alice sighed, her brother was a very practical joke pony, and trickster as well.

“No, I found a book,” she said.

“How exciting,” he replied back without any enthusiasm whatsoever.

“It’s a journal from one of our ancestors.”

His eyes slowly raised, “Well then, please, show me.”

Alice took him to the book, “Careful, it’s over a thousand years old.”

“Wait, how do you know that?” he asked.

“Uh, I may have read ahead just a bit.”

“Well, I don't blame you,”

“Well, I’m here,” she said pointing at a page, “So just let me know when you get there so that way we can read it together, okay then?”

He nodded, quickly looked at the book, and then together they read it…