• Published 8th Jul 2012
  • 4,008 Views, 227 Comments

Bedtime Stories - Incredible Blunderbolt



A collection of short stories ranging from 300 to 5000 words.

  • ...
14
 227
 4,008

Sleep

I love sleeping.

Well, that's kind of obvious—I mean, I sleep all the time—but I don't think anyone really gets it, you know? That feeling of drifting around in nowhere, that warm, cozy feeling you get when the cloud you're on is just right or when your blankets are wrapped around perfectly... yeah, that's the stuff.

I've always loved sleeping. My parents used to be concerned about my health because I was the sleepiest filly born in Cloudsdale in the last hundred years, but every neurologist they went to assured them I was perfectly fine—I just liked to sleep, is all. Of course, once they found that out, I wasn't allowed to sleep in school anymore...

That sucked.

I snuggled deeper into the warm embrace surrounding me. Yeah, I really loved sleeping. Actually, I was starting to like sleeping even more lately, it seemed. But really, who wouldn't in my position?

A gust of hot air wooshed into my ear and I opened my eyes to see a set of gorgeous amethyst irises only a few inches away. I smiled lazily as their owner giggled and whispered, "Good morning, sleepy-head."

I had no plans to get up and I was too tired to respond with anything beyond a groan, so shut my eyes again and didn't move a muscle more. Today was Saturday and I didn't have to go to work—that meant warm coziness all day if I wanted it, darn it!

Twilight snickered again and pulled me closer, resting her chin on my forehead. She stroked my mane with a tender hoof as I drifted back into a comfortable doze. "And good night..."

Yeah, I love sleeping...

Author's Note:

Another one of my little Skype vignettes. It's really been way too long since I've put anything out, but I assure you, somthing big is coming soon!

I think this is the shortest thing I've ever written... O.O