• Published 25th Mar 2017
  • 829 Views, 16 Comments

The Light Of Equestria - Night--Mist



Darkness is spreading in a new world known as Equestria, and one boy must help face it head on.

  • ...
4
 16
 829

Explanations

"So, do you want me to start first, or you?" Sora asked.

"Well, I do have a lot of questions as well, but how about this. First you ask a question, then I ask one, then you, then me, and.... well, you get the idea," Twilight giggled.

"Hey I have a few questions too," Spike butted in.

"Of course Spike, you get to ask too," Twilight said.

"Alright. Well, I'll start. I guess my first question is, is this whole land made up of ponies.... and um, dragons?" Sora asked, being sure to not leave out there was a tiny dragon in the room.

Twilight lifted an eyebrow, "Well, the pony population of this country Equestria are the dominant species of intelligent beings. There are other species that are intelligent enough to speak outside the lands of Equestria, like Dragons and Griffons, but I won't recite all of them, or that would take all day."

"Okay, well, let's hear your first question," Sora said.

"Okay, well, where exactly did you come from? I've never seen a vehicle like yours before," Twilight pondered.

"Well, I was sent here on an errand by one of my Mentors, and well, some dark aura of magic struck my gummi ship, and sent me spinning out of control, that's why I crashed," Sora explained.

"A Gummi Ship? Interesting name for a vehicle," Twilight's said, as she wrote in a book that seemed to be fore taking notes.

"Okay, my turn. How is it you are an alicorn like the Princess?" Spike glared as if he was suspicious of Sora's presence and was trying to look tough.

"Well, heh heh, see. It was just how I was born. I didn't necessarily ask to be an alicorn. To be honest. I wasn't aware there were any others outside my home, hence why I asked your princess if she was a winged unicorn. Thought one of her parents might have been a pegasus," Sora said, trying to cover the fact his clothes allowed him to transform into what he was now.

"Well, I suppose I could see where you're coming from, seeing as this is your first time here. And we're not sure ourselves if Celestia was naturally born an alicorn like you. Other alicorns, like Princess Cadence achieved their status by reaching a higher level of their unique talent, through a great deed they performed," Twilight stated.

"Okay my next question, do you know of anyone here that are able to fire a dark aura of magic that would have been powerful enough to damage my ship?" Sora asked.

"Hmmm. To be quite honest no. Only three ponies I am aware of are capable of such feats. Princess Celestia, Princess Cadence, and my brother Shining Armor, who's a Sargent in the Royal Gaurd, and none of their horns produce a dark aura. Perhaps Princess Celestia can clue you in on that one," Twilight stated.

Twilight thought for a bit, then remembered, "Oh, my next question is, was there any reason you came to see us?"

"Well, my mentor did send me here to, well, get to know your world better. See how you all interact," Sora stated.

"Well, I can find you some books one our nations history. I know some great stories that dive into our ponies best times, and their greatest struggles," Twilight said.

Spike sighed, "You and your books Twi. Okay, my next question. How long do you plan on staying?" Spike insisted.

"Well, I was going to take my leave and report back to my mentor once I was certain my task was complete, but seeing as how my ship has been damaged upon entry into land, I feel my stay will have to be extended," Sora admitted.

"Well, I suppose we could see if Princess Celestia can offer you a suite in the castle. After all, you are an alicorn, and the public would find it a little odd to see an alicorn not living at the castle. I believe some were wondering if you were Celestia's son or something. I don't know how she will relay things to the public. It's all a very peculiar situation," Twilight assured him.

"I wouldn't doubt it. I suppose I'll have to ask for names of importance as we walk," Sora said as he started to get out of bed onto all four hooves.

"Are you sure you're feeling up to it?" Twilight asked.

"No problem, watch this," Sora grinned as he his keyblade appeared in his mouth, and he cast a spell to heal himself.

"Wow.... what is that?" Spike inquired.

"It's what is called a keyblade. Only certain chosen ones can wield them. I am one such chosen one," Sora said before making the keyblade disappear.

"Well, that would explain your cutie mark. So.... you're a warrior?" Twilight asked, still in a state of shock to see such a weapon.

"Yes, but only for the side of good, never for evil," Sora assured her as he started making them walk, and thinking he should ask about his "cutie mark" later.

"Well, that's good to know. But I don't ever recall reading about those in any of Equestria's history books," Twilight exclaimed as a guard soon joined them and began to lead them towards the throne room.

"I doubt there would be. I'm sure before today, you probably knew little to nothing of what we discussed," Sora guessed.

"I suppose that's a fair deduction, but I still have so many questions," Twilight said as the doors to the throne room opened.

"Those questions will have to wait, my faithful student. Come in, there is much to discuss," Celestia interrupted as the two walked in.

As the doors closed behind them Sora took a deep breath and said, "Well, here we go."

Author's Note:

End of Chapter Two. Wow, two chapters in one day. I am on a role with this. I need to see if I can dish out a third by the end of tonight.

Luna: Ah, there you are Nighty. I've been looking all over for you. Come on. Shadowmane is about to beat another cool boss on Kingdom Hearts III.

Me: Ooh. Uppie! Uppie! *I reach for Luna.*

Luna: *Soon places me on her back and takes me to see the game.*