• Published 6th Apr 2017
  • 5,493 Views, 153 Comments

My Life as a Suit Pon - Prismfire Productions



Being a nuclear physicist is an easy job for the most part, but it can also be one of the most deadly in the event something goes horribly wrong. When it does happen, will I adjust to my new life?

  • ...
30
 153
 5,493

Memories of the past, Dreams of the future

I was at a loss for words. The pony in front of me was as marvelous as she was mysterious; as powerful as she was welcoming. Day had suddenly become night, I was observed, which seemed to magnify the unknown mare’s features. Her navy blue coat shone under the full moon above, making it have a moonbeam-isque glow, her body outlined in the silvery wisps.

Then there was her mane and tail, specks of light danced like fireflies in a uniform formation, outlining the familiar shape of constellations as they moved in a non-existent breeze. The deep, tranquil aquamarine pools of her eyes told the story of a kind and compassionate being, but beneath the calmness was a burning fire of regret that never seemed to have fully extinguished.

She had the well-muscled body of a warrior-born, bred and built for combat, yet still retaining an innate femininity showing itself in eye catching curves of hip and neck, and I felt the need to pull my gaze away from them before it became a leer. Her wings were slick and graceful, each feather illuminated like her coat and showing just how powerful they were.

Finally, there was her multipurpose horn. Tammilya had told me stories about the strength of an alicorn, as she called the princesses. She believed it was capable of either punching through steel plate like a spear of dark ivory, or firing magical blasts of prodigious power, not to mention it's rumoured impressive defensive properties. It was a true weapon for a winged warrior, she was the master of the skies, and I was humbled to be in her presence.

Many questions flew through my mind at once, similar to a midair train wreck, however I decided to start with the two easiest. “Who are you and how do you know who I am?”

“We could ask thou the same thing human…” The mare said slowly circling me, and suddenly I felt as vulnerable as a field mouse compared to a hawk.

“Did you mean to use “I” instead of “we”? Nobody uses that kind of speech anymore Miss…” I could not form another syllable, for I was promptly knocked on my rear by a shockwave of pure force that burst from the mare’s lungs.

THOU CAN NOT SILENCE THEE ROYAL WE!” The mare bellowed, nearly rupturing my eardrums and making me cover my ears. After a moment, she calmed and looked at me with a sincere, apologetic look. ”I apologize for that… old habits die hard and that is still an area I need to develop on. Now to answer your questions, my name is Princess Luna of Equestria, younger sister of Princess Celestia, and I know who you are due to Tammilya’s dream at the moment.”

The moment she said she was Princess Celestia’s sister I dropped into a bow, and due to life-long personal training, I was excellent at the fine art of multitasking. As my brain comprehended everything she told me, I could not help but notice the faintest shade of pink cross her cheeks at the mention of Tammilya’s dream. Part of me wanted to ask what the dream was about, but I chose to address how she introduced herself.

“You say Princess Celestia is your sister…” I asked, and when Luna nodded I continued. “Is it the same one that owns the facility Tammilya works in? How is she handling this… “incident” as it were?”

Luna sighed. “Stressed out actually, Tammilya is a good and hard worker, and those are hard to come by. From what she told me when I visited her dream, I can deduct that you are in a similar role so you can understand that. Now, how about we continue this in a different setting?”

“Sounds good to me, “ I said with a reassuring nod. “where at exactly? By the way, my name is Jim.”

“This is your dreamscape Mister Jim,” Luna said holding out her hoof, which I shook, noticing how soft her fur was. “you think of a place and we will go there. I do have the power to manipulate dreams, since that is my realm as the Princess of the Night, but I don't want to put you in a situation you will not be comfortable with.”

“Well…” I stopped to weigh my options. On one hand I really did not like the idea of a magical alien mare worming around my mind like a parasite, but on the other I could see what she had to offer. Feeling adventurous, and a bit bold, I made my decision with earnest. “How about you lead and I’ll follow, since I don't trust you completely yet this will be a test to prove your intentions.”

Luna nodded in understanding. “Then allow me to prove my worth to you young Jim.”

With a flash of her horn the scenery around us shifted into something absolutely breathtaking. Gone was the forest, and now we were standing in a lush meadow. The full moon still dominated the sky, but the moonbeams reflecting off of the small lake in front of us made the surrounding area dance a slow waltz with every beam as it passed by. A cool fall breeze twirled past us, making every hair on my body stand on end, but the warmth my hair was giving me made me realize I was no longer human.

Using my experience from my short time with Tammilya, I galloped over to the pond to look at my reflection. My coat was vanilla colored, that combined with my mahogany brown mane and tail made me fall back in laughter, only for a shot of pain to rock through me as I fell back on my wings.

“Is… is part of your sense of humor?” I asked rolling over onto my barrel, a smile on my face.

“Why, I have no idea what you are talking about Jim,” Luna said as a smirk tugged at the corner of her muzzle, her eyes becoming glinted with child mischief. “I just simply made your appearance be that of your inner pony.”

“Vanilla and chocolate combination?” I chuckled with a a small shake of my head. “Seems like you were thinking about a nice ice cream sundae when making my appearance, but if you got a food fetish or kink that is fine and I will not judge.”

Even in the moonlight, I could see a furious blush ignite on her face. That, combined with her wings becoming unfurled showed me that I had got her good. However, as great as I was at reversing situations and out-pranking pranksters, I should have known better than to take on a being millenia older than me.

“As that may be…” Luna said with a cough as she calmed herself, her horn igniting a vibrant light blue. “Perhaps I shall show you what Tamilya is dreaming of now… but first...”

I froze as her magic enveloped me, and I felt myself changing. My whole body shook as it shrank and compacted several inches, my coat covering my fetlocks as my mane and tail grew. I could feel my nethers change, one solid weight retreating to be replaced by two smaller ones as the cool air brushed under my tail, making me hold back a shivered moan.

“Why did you turn me into a mare!?” I demanded with a pout, which earned a giggle from Luna.

That, my dear Sundae Melody, is my sense of humor.” Luna then turned me back into a stallion before teleporting us to a different environment. It was a lovely mountainside cabin, complete with an already-lit fireplace.

“So where are we now?” I asked as I looked around, noting that this would make a perfect honeymoon spot.

“We are in Tammilya’s dream young Jim,” Luna said matter-of-factually, the light blush from earlier once again making its presence known. “I suggest you look out the window.”

I nodded and went over to the window, which revealed a glorious landscape of snow capped mountain tops. The morning sun rising up over the peaks bathed the environment in a golden blanket, which started the dawn chorus of the nearby birds and filled the air with its harmonic tune. Just down slope from from the cabin was a simple bench, a garden arch hanging over it, and on the bench sat a pegasi couple that made my jaw drop.

“Is-is that really…” My brain short circuited for what seemed like the thousandth time in the last few days, unable to comprehend the scene that was laid out in front of me. There was Tammilya, not made of latex, but an actual pony with the same coat and mane/tail colors she currently had. With her was me, as a stallion, and we both had a smile in our muzzles as we watched the sun raise up into position. I had my head against her neck, my left forehoof caressing her stomach, which showed a small baby bump.

Luna sighed. “Indeed it is Jim, and it was during…”certain activities”... that I managed to locate Tammilya, and by virtue you, in the first place. It is also why I said we had much to discuss, so enlighten me, do you feel the same way about her as she does for you?”

I did not answer right away, but instead looked at the scene in front of me and used it to reflect. Despite Tammilya’s bluntness, there was just something about her that showed she cared. She always talked everything out with me, and she urgently wanted to return home, which showed that she did not want me to remain trapped inside her. I honestly had nobody there for me when my mother died, but seeing how Tammilya imagined our future ignited something deep in me. A fuzzy warmth spread through my whole body, reawoken from a long slumber, and as it took control I could not help but smile.

“I do Princes Luna…” My tone was soft, spoken in a way that a highschooler would use when confessing to his/her crush. “I think I do love her the same way she loves me.”

“That is good to know Jim, now I think you should talk things over with your wife.” The moment Luna said the last word everything, except Tammilya, seemed to distance itself into the background. Knowing what this kind of situation meant, Tammilya jumped up from the bench and started looking around for where her Princess of the Night was. When she spotted Luna she went to drop into a bow, but stopped halfway when her eyes locked on mine, and instantly her cheeks turned a lovely shade of scarlet.

“Pr-princess Luna… is that really Jim’s dream essence?” Tammilya stammered, and if it wasn't for the situation I would have picked on her about how cute she looked in this moment, but I wisely kept my mouth shut.

“Indeed it is Tammilya, I thought it was a good idea to show how you portrayed Jim in your subconscious.” Luna then backed up a few feet away. “I suggest you two talk while I still am able to keep this dreamweave in one piece.”

Once Luna stepped back out of earshot a cold silence fell between us, only broken up by the occasional hoof shuffle or wing ruffle. After what felt like an eternity, I made the first move by nuzzling under her chin and planting a soft kiss on her cheek. The action startled her, making her wings flare and her already-scarlet cheeks turn an even brighter shade of red.

“So tell me Tammilya…” I said as I continued the gentle nuzzling. “Just what is it about me that you fell in love with? Since my mother passed nobody has given me the time of day or showed that they truly cared. Whenever I fell sick I had to care for myself the best I could, even when I broke my leg nobody even bothered to pick up the phone and check on me. To be honest with you, I gave up the dream of having a family many years ago.”

“Well… if you would have me as your wife, I will do my best to make sure that all the pain of years past will only become a distant memory and you will never be alone again.” Tammilya said as she started nuzzling me. “I guess it is your personality, and the fact you are remaining so calm even though all this. As you just saw, you know what I dream of our future being… together and as soon-to-be parents.”

I smiled at her as I ran a hoof over her barrel, imagining a foal, our foal, growing inside of her and the idea of being a father. Those thoughts made the warmness in me bubble more. “Tamilya… I do accept you as my wife, for now and forever, I love you.”

She pulled me into a tight hug, tears streaking down her face as she started sobbing into my coat. “T-thank you Jim, thank you for accepting me as your wife and accepting my love. Now we can focus on trying to return home, but are you sure you are willing to give up everything you have for me?”

“You mean a boring job with a cranky boss who complains about his coffee not being “angry enough”?” I said with a chuckle. “No, I won't miss that at all, the only thing I will miss is being able to visit my mother’s grave because I don't want it to become neglected.”

Tammilya nodded in understanding. “It is ok to remember the past, but don't let it control you hun, what really matters is you remembering her…” She then placed her hoof on my chest while looking me straight in the eyes, her’s full of resolve. “in here and reflecting on the time you had with her. We all have our time when we must cross over… me, you, and everypony including the princesses have a time when our hourglass runs out. Enjoy the time you have, because nopony knows when that last grain of sand will drop for them.”

I was taken aback by her words, surprised she could be so philosophical; the hardened mask she normally wore was dissolved, and in its place was a loving and compassionate being who only cared for my wellbeing. “Wow Tammilya… that was deep. I guess you are right, I have spent so much time focusing on missing my mom that I missed events going on around me. This will be a fresh start, a second chance, to make myself into a better individual. Now we both have something to look forward to if we can get back to Equestria in time, get me out of you then we can focus on wedding preparations.”

“Actually,” Luna said reminding both of us that she was present. “I can have it arranged with Tia as soon as I get back, although I suspect one pony in particular already knows. Now I hate to cut this short, but I this dreamweave is starting to become unstable, which means that I have to depart and get Jim back into his own dreamscape.”

Me and Tammilya sadly nodded, and after a deep kiss Luna teleported me back into my dreamscape just as I woke up. I could feel in my subconscious that Tammilya was smiling at me, one that I gladly returned as I trotted out the door, the smell of tilapia being our guide.

Author's Note:

I am on Patreon, you can see what I have to offer here