• Published 26th Mar 2017
  • 280 Views, 2 Comments

What Am I Missing? - Nightmarity19

  • ...
 2
 280

Chapter 1 Heartbreak

They say that death always comes up at your door just to send you to either Heaven or Hell depending on what your religious affiliation could be. This can happen for a number of reasons: loss of life, family member, disease, or in many cases murdering someone for no good reason at all, only wanting to feel that rush of killing another human being then leaving it to rot away. No person deserves to die but as for me Twilight Sparkle I have every reason to not try to die being that immortality is a pain in the ass but I'm getting ahead of myself let's start from the beginning

"It is predicted to be another stormy evening in the forecast but will eventually get warmer as the days go by"

Rainbow Dash stroked Twilight's purple hair softly as the rain pattered on the window ever so softly. It was just how quit it was here that made Dash almost fall asleep but she kept her eyes open and glued to what was on TV.

"Hey Dashie if your sleepy you can head to bed" Twilight suggested.

"No I wanna spend time with my fiance" Dash said kissing her hand.

Ever since Dash brought up the courage to ask her out then dating for a few months, Twilight was suffering a bad breakup thanks to Applejack because she couldn't handle times she came in drunk and almost trying to kill her once or twice. Dash stepped in and since then their relationship skyrocketed to the moon and stars. At first Twilight wanted it to be a secret but as days went on, people started noticing them holding hands, kissing by the park, and sharing things together.

Then one day underneath a spring like environment surrounded by flowers, Dash proposed to her now fiance sitting on her lap right now and she couldn't be happier.

"Well if you insist we'll sleep together" Dash said shutting off the TV and grabbed a blanket.

Twilight cuddled up as they laid down, blanket covering them until they fell asleep in each other's arms. Dash occasionally stroked Twi's hair to keep her comfortable which made her purr like a kitten.

Meanwhile, a burgundy Mercedes Benz sat about a few feet away from Rainbow's house. Inside was Applejack tapping a loaded pistol on the steering wheel coming up with ways to kill Twilight in order to get back at her for breaking up with her and not facing repercussions because of it. Sitting in the backseat was the original owner with 2 gunshots above his chest and groin. His cause if death was too much blood letting but Applejack didn't care about feelings, all she wanted was Twilight lying on the ground dead along with Dash for betraying her trust.

She wanted to open the car door but something in the back of her mind told her to keep waiting until her opportunity to strike opened itself up.

Just a little longer Applejack, a little longer she told herself as she continued to look outside watching the rain hit the window biding her time until it was her day to strike and bring revenge.

Cadence was enjoying a nice hot mean she made herself after the loss of Shining Armor when he died protecting his fellow comrades. She tried not to think about it too much but here and there, his memory surfaces and it does hurt a lot but Cadence knows that he will always be there. The only thing she has of him in their room is an old drawing of Shining Armor a few months before he passed away.

I'm gonna miss him she thought as she looked at the picture smiling.

A sudden knock at the door prompted Cadence to walk over to the door and open it to reveal Sweetie Belle in a purple raincoat and umbrella as she stepped through the door. Cadence shut the door tightly locking it then offered Sweetie a spot on her couch. She brought two cups of hot chocolate with a single jumbo marshmallow on top.

"Sweetie Belle I never expected you to be out in the rain" Cadence said shocked.

"Well I wanted to come see you considering that Shining passed away peacefully but it's great your doing ok" Sweetie said taking a sip.

Cadence nodded smiling. "Have you heard from anyone lately?" she asked sipping her hot chocolate.

"Well Scootaloo is training for flight since she's going to be with the Wonderbolts and Applebloom is staying with her sister even though Applejack threatened her several times not to hang out with me or Scootaloo. She did mention something about a breakup or something I don't know" Sweetie explained.

When Cadence heard those words about Applejack threatening her own sister she put the cup down, almost had a panic attack if Belle didn't put a gentle hand to calm her down.

"I'm sorry about that sweetie it's just that after Applejack killed her brother and grandmother in a fit of drunken rage I have been a little jumpy lately. I'm just scared that Dash or Twilight will be next on her list" Cadence said, feeling frightful of her sister in law's safety around Applejack.

"They know how to keep each other safe" Sweetie reassured Cadence.

Even though the fear of either Twilight or Dash dying sent a bone chilling feeling up her spine, she did regain some of her sanity a little bit which was enough for Sweetie Belle.

The rain eventually receded as nightfall was upon them including Applejack as she downed another bottle of whiskey listening to a country radio station when her phone started to vibrate on top of the glove compartment.

"Yea?" Applejack said.

"Your at the house right?" Firestorm, a siren Applejack befriended after Dash and Twilight's wedding.

"Yes Storm I'm sitting right here biding my time before goin in there and taking what's rightfully mine" Applejack answered sharply.

"Good, now AJ dear go ahead and kill them" Firestorm commanded.

Applejack walked out of the car cocking her gun at the ready and broke the door down with one swift kick. Rainbow Dash walked downstairs to investigate the sudden noise, she got shot twice in the upper body including the heart sending her body flying backwards until being motionless on the ground as Applejack stepped over her before looking down at Dash's now dead body.

"I was always better at this part than you" Applejack said kneeling down to Dash's level.

Twilight crept down quietly downstairs but a creak made AJ fire 3 warning shots before realizing no one was there. She looked around and walked throughout the house to find Twilight, the purple haired girl opened a cupboard door as a way of hiding from this crazy psychopath who was trying to kill her too for betraying her.

Sneaking out of her house without making a sound, she ran out to the other side of the street not hesitating at every step until Twilight arrived at her destination. Knocking on the door she looked back to see Applejack walking up with anticipation of capturing her traitor. A single hand pulled Twilight inside and shut the door.

Sweetie Belle cut off the lights then ducked down with Twilight and Cadence, telling them to keep quiet so Applejack won't hear them. The crazy country girl circled the property with her cowboy boots clicking along the wooden deck side. Soon enough she lost interest and walked away giving Cadence enough time to call 911.

"911 what's your emergency?" the operator asked.

"Hello I need the police right away for a murder scene. We are currently on Apple St and 45th" Cadence stated.

"Ok ma'am the police are on their way now but I'm gonna need you to stay on the line. Now can you tell me what happened?" she asked calmly.

Cadence then handed the phone to Twilight. "My fiance Rainbow Dash was killed by a jealous ex girlfriend named Applejack. I was sleeping with her when I heard 2 gunshots ad immediately ran away to come in my sister in law's house for protection against her" Twilight explained while tears were flowing down her face.

"Don't worry ma'am the authorities are on their way but again I need you to stay on the line ok? Can you do that for me?" she asked Twi calmly and softly.

"Mhm" Twilight managed to say choking back tears.

A few minutes later 3 police cruisers came into view and stopped in front of Twi's house where the murder happened. One specific officer had long red hair, beard well shaped up, and orange eyes. He stepped out of his cruiser to survey what was going on by any means possible.

Twilight walked up to him and from just looking at he she could tell he was going to do everything in his power in finding Applejack and bring her down.

"Hello ma'am my name is Firestarter with the Canterlot Police Department. Now can you give me a description of the killer of your fiance?" Starter asked pulling out a pad and pencil.

Twilight gave the nice officer a very detailed description of the country girl as best as she could. As Twi gave Firestarter a description of the person who just killed her fiance, she began to tear up almost to the point of crying. Starter put his pad down to comfort Twilight at this difficult time in her life considering she just lost the love of her life.

"Please tell me you'll find her so I can rest easy" Twilight pleaded tugging on Starter's uniform.

Starter could see desperate pleas for answers plaguing Twilight's mind so he shook his head stroking her hair reassuring her that him and his team would search everywhere to find Applejack.

"Don't worry miss we'll do our very best" Starter said.

"Thank you" Twilight said gaining hope again after losing it a few minutes ago.

She let go of him so he could check inside the house for any clues that could lead to an arrest. Cadence looked on from her porch sipping a cup of sweet tea with ginseng and a bit of honey giving it that extra flavor to it.

I hope they find Applejack soon before Twilight ends up being her next victim Cadence was more worried but was careful around Twilight.

She just hoped Applejack doesn't hurt anyone else.