• Published 30th Mar 2017
  • 880 Views, 1 Comments

Leon's Ponyville Adventure - Yosh-E-O



Whimsical misadventures ensue as Leon's bedroom becomes a gateway to Ponyville

  • ...
13
 1
 880

Chapter 4 - What Makes A Baby Dragon?

The empty halls of The Castle of Friendship were again amplifying the sound of Leon’s diaper as he bashfully followed Spike to Twilight’s room.

“So…,” fidgeted Spike in hopes of making things a bit less awkward. “Were you just hatched?”

“Uh…,” blushed Leon. “Aren’t you just hatched?”

The purple dragon’s green cheeks flushed red.
“N-no,” he stuttered. “W-what would m-make you think t-that?”

Leon felt better now that he had spike talking.
“We’re the same size,” he stated. “Why aren’t you wearing a diaper?”

Spike meeped as he felt himself jolt with embarrassment.
“Diapers!” he unwillingly cried. “I haven’t worn diapers in years!”

“Aren’t you a baby dragon, too?” pursued the pastel-blue, pajama wearing dragon.

Spike’s ear fins drooped as he looked towards the ground in search of an answer.
“I am a baby dragon,” he replied. “But, I haven’t needed diapers in years.”

“Your mommy must really have worked hard to potty train you,” awed Leon. “My caretaker, Nixie, says I will do it when I’m ready.”

“And you’re not ready?” wondered Spike.

The ebon dragon shook his head.
“Nope!” he announced. “Not ready for all that responsibility yet.”

Spike sighed.
“Responsibility….,” he puffed while continuing to look down at his feet as they walked.

“Is that dragon in all the armor with the cool staff your mom?” asked Leon.

Spike stopped and gulped.
“No!” he exclaimed. “She’s the Dragon Lord.”

“Oh!” beamed Leon. “does that mean that Unicorn-Pegasus is your caretaker?”

“Caretaker?” questioned Spike as his green cheeks had now fully become beet red. “I don’t need a caretaker. She’s Twilight Sparkle and she hatched me from my egg.”

“Huh?” wondered Leon. “Ponies can lay dragon eggs?”

“Uh…,” fidgeted Spike. “Not exactly.”

“Ooh!” Leon announced with a big smile. “How about we go to your room? I bet you have lots of toys in your room we could play with!”

“But Twilight said,-”

“-Nixie says baby dragons need their fun!” interrupted Leon with enthusiasm. “Maybe we can find you a diaper and some comfy jammies so you don’t need to worry about having to stop playing?”

“Eep,” gasped Spike. “I don’t need diapers. I’m not a baby. Or, at least, not that kind of baby.”

Leon was puzzled.
“You’re a baby dragon,” he said. “You should not grow up so fast. Nixie says growing up too fast isn’t good for us dragons.”

“Growing up too fast?” wondered Spike.

“Yeah,” pursued Leon. “You think I’m growing up too fast?”

Leon beamed upon feeling he was teaching his new friend just as Nixie taught him.
“Yeah,” Leon said while wrapping an arm around the purple dragon while placing the claw of the other in his mouth. “Maybe you can come with me and be raised by Nixie, too?”

Spike said nothing.

Leon removed his claw from his mouth with a pop.
“You don’t even suck your claw?” he asked with disbelief.

“N-no,” Spike sputtered as he started to break into a cold sweat.

“Yoo-hoo!” a voice called out from close behind the pair.

Spike felt his heart skip a beat as he knew exactly who was behind them.
“Ra-Ra-Rarity…,” he choked.

“D’aww,” the white Unicorn cooed as she trotted in front of the boys. “You truly are too adorable, Spikey-Pooh!”

Leon watched as Rarity took her front hooves and pinched at Spike’s rosey cheeks and cooed.
“You should be Spike’s caretaker,” he said.

“Wha?” she blushed while turning her attention towards the black, baby dragon. “Oh, no, darling. Spike’s lives here with Twilight.”

“So Twilight is his caretaker?” pursued Leon.

“Well…,” pondered Rarity. “I suppose… maybe… yes?”

“She’s a friend,” stated Spike. “We’re friends and I’m her number one assistant.”

“And your naked,” added Leon. “And need a diaper like all good, baby dragons.”

Rarity faced Spike and looked him over.
“You know,” cooed Rarity. “You would look totally adorable in a diaper, Spike. Or, perhaps a nice bonnet? Maybe a bonnet, shirt, and-”

“No!” he snapped. “I don’t need diapers!” before releasing a growl of frustration and storming off in a waddle-like tantrum.

“He walks like he needs diapers?” Leon thought aloud.

“Hmm,” wondered Rarity. “I hope my Spikey-Wikey is okay.”

“He just needs a nice pony to take care of him,” stated Leon. “I think you’d be that nice pony.”

Rarity blushed.
“Well,” she chuckled bashfully. “I’m actually here to help you with your wardrobe.”

“Huh?” asked Leon. However, Rarity had already grabbed him with her magic and starting dashing with him down the hall before giving, or choosing not to give, an answer.