• Published 23rd Mar 2017
  • 1,339 Views, 12 Comments

Destiny : Twilight Voidwalker - The Misadventures - BackroundVoice



After the battle of Sepiks Prime, Twilight has been searching desperately for a warp drive in order to join her friends further out into space. But some of them don't think she should.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,339

Prologue : Risen of the Fallen

The Fallen Captain stumbled through the vast reaches of space. Searching in all manner of dimensions of space and occurrences until he had found Her portal. Bleeding from his missing sixth limb, the Fallen Captain could barely keep conscienceless until he had reached his destination. He had been told that going to the source of the Darkness was a death wish, but if he was going to obtain that which he desired, he would have to seek the authority before the right was lost in shadows.

And despite only knowing of it, and having only seen Her once, the faint light that escaped the darkest corner of space made his bones run chill from the thought of finding the right portal. He almost wished he had never found it.

But after coming so far... Turning back now would have been more of a regret then dying at Her hooves.

Stepping in as silently as he could, the captain shuttered as the dripping of his own blood echoed in this dim outbreak in space.

She knows I am here... the Captain thought, as whispering would be the same as screaming, just as thinking was a whisper in and of itself.

"I am disappointed, Captain..." words of an unseen Master dropped as shuttle as his blood upon the black matter beneath him.

Halted and now kneeling, the Fallen Captain waited with shifting eyes, wondering if he should still remain on guard in case she should attack.

"Have you no honor Captain?" the voice echoed again, "I expected as much from the House of Devils, but to have let your own God perish as foolish as he did... There truly is, no room for explanation... Failure!"

And upon that striking insult filling the space, she descended. Dodging her attacks with what little strength the captain could muster, the Captain dared not attack back, for fear that she might actually aim at him. The Captain kept running in any way he could to escape the onslaught of fire and explosions raining down upon him. But even he could not run forever.

Blown against a wall matter, the captain tried desperately to get up again, but was stopped by the master herself pinning him up against the solid matter with enough force to crack his armor.

"But there must be some reason that you wish to live long enough to see my bullets shatter your skull Captain, so tell me... How is it that my precious Sepiks died to some lowly little ponies!?" the Master roared at the Captain, to which he struggled to speak as her hooves strangled him.

"T- Light..." he squealed.

"Again!!" she demanded.

"Twi... Light... Spar... Kle..." he forced form his throat, and suddenly, the taste of air filled his lungs faster than the master could flee from his words.

The Master glared with wide eyes, and chattering teeth. But soon the thoughts that filled her head led her to more confusion than fright. Now with retained composure, the Master trotted towards the Captain with a far more, gentler tone.

"Forgive me Captain," she asked as she watched the poor Fallen gasp for one breath after another, "But I thought I heard you recall the name of the Princess... Of the Golden Age... Have I missheard you?"

To which the Captain replied, "No..."

The Master looked down on the Captain deep in thought, and smiled through dark dead eyes.

"My Captain, oh my Captain," she began, "I am so sorry for this misunderstanding, I commend you for telling me so soon, I have not heard word of this from even my spy's yet," she giggled, "which is surprising..." her tone dropped again as she helped him up, grabbing hold of where his missing limb would be, and with a flash of light, the pain stopped, and the wound was closed.

The Captain was shocked that his Master was capable of showing such kindness, but even he didn't forget to bow, as she continued to gaze upon him in pride.

"I must reward you my Captain, this goes without saying, what in this vast cosmos is it that you desire above anything else?" she asked, extending her hoof as though she were a gentle princess.

"Her head..." the Captain breathed out in the cold space, and without fear, despite the now hardened glare of the Master.

"Captain," she began, but her eyes squinted for a moment in a stupor of thought and answered, "wish... Granted."

The Captain looked up quickly in surprise, unable to know how to respond.

"But that reward cannot be delivered at this moment," she quickly stated before turning away from him.

The Captain growled, angered that he was not permitted to seek after that which he wanted.

"But fear not Captain," she said as she reached into the abyss, "I will allow you the pleasure, but in the mean time, I shall give you a name, as you seem to have 'Risen'... Above your superiors," she continued as she pulled out a rifle, black in color, but coursing in gray lightning, "this is the Fool's End... A weapon I have been saving for a special warrior... Take this Risen... And fulfill the role that Sepiks could not..."

Risen took the rifle in hoof, and within that moment, the red glow from Risen's eyes shined over the gun in lust as a thirst for power had just been quenched.

"Thank you... Nightmare Moon..." Risen addressed his Master with a bow, and turned right around, and left for his chance to fight the Princess again.

"Oh! And one more thing Risen," Nightmare Moon called out again, "If you happen to run into the Princess... Don't kill her yet, I wish to speak with her, and when I am done, her head will be all yours..." she smiled, as Risen peered at her for a long space of time, and looked back to the path ahead, leading to Old Ponyville. And with Risen gone, Nightmare Moon was left once again to look after the forces that she had been preparing all these years to unleash.

"I am so glad you are awake Twilight..." she said to the endless space before her, "now I can unleash my true nightmares... And I hope you can stay awake through the night my dearest... For surely... You will never sleep again, when I've ripped your precious TRAVELER IN TWO!!!" she bellowed to the ends of the universe, her dark, purple eyes gleaming into space, as the only warning to her war beginning.