• Published 7th Jul 2012
  • 14,424 Views, 666 Comments

Hippophobia - Kelvin Shadewing



A teenager with a fear of horses ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
48
 666
 14,424

Chapter 4

Hippophobia

DISCLAIMER: This is a non-profit work of fan fiction. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic © Hasbro.

Chapter 4

Conrad tried to remain hidden as best he could, staying close to areas with foliage to hide in. He'd managed to avoid running into anymore bloodthirsty ponies since witnessing the death of a predator he now felt sorry for.

It was apparent to him now that this place was meant to be an embodiment of his nightmares. These ponies were clearly out to kill. And what of Time Turner? What were his intentions? Conrad shook his head, deciding he didn't want to know.

What had Conrad on edge almost as much as the demented ponies was the sun. Every hour, on the dot, it would jump forward instead of slowly sailing through the sky. It was both surreal and foreboding, like a timer counting down towards something.

Lost in his thoughts, Conrad didn't notice he'd wandered into the Ponyville park. Three fillies were playing ball together when suddenly the ball began to expand, and out burst none other than the purple unicorn from before.

"OK, now I know she's following me!" he whispered to himself.

"Hi giiiirrrrls!" the older mare said with a demented grin, slowly approaching the fillies.

"Oh, uh, hi, Twilight," the normal (or mostly normal) foal said, "How are--"

"Great! Just great!" Twilight's eye twitched, and she moved in closer.

Conrad watched the scene unfold, feeling more and more uneasy as it went on. His fear was slowly being replaced by anger as she started trying to tempt them with a rag doll. Wherever this unicorn went, something got killed or destroyed. And those fillies might be ponies, but children were children, and Conrad wasn't going to just sit by and let some pedophile hurt these girls.

Twilight turned away and clicked her hooves together. "Come on, Twilight! Think, think, think! Aha!" She turned to the fillies and gave them an evil glare. "You are gonna like Smarty Pants, and you are gonna like her a lot!"

He couldn't take anymore. Consequences and karma both be damned, he had to try! He lunged forward, shouting as he ran at the unicorn, "Oh, no you don't!"

Twilight lurched up and turned around in mid-spell cast, firing a string of hearts that hit Conrad square in the chest. He was temporarily levitated off the ground as the hearts were absorbed into him, and then dropped on his bum in the dirt.

The fillies stopped their arguing and fixed there eyes on him.

"I want him!"

"I need him!"

"I really like his mane!"

Conrad rubbed his hip as he got back to his feet. "Wait, what?"

Without any warning, the three fillies were on him, tackling each other and pulling at him. Conrad shouted and tried to get away, but his attempts were futile.

Twilight took a moment to brag about friendship before diving into the fray and getting promptly kicked out. She rolled back and slid right into the hooves of a larger red stallion holding a bucket in his mouth. "Big Macintosh! You've gotta help me save that guy from those girls!"

Mac stared for a second. "Eeyup." He put the bucket down, marched up to the foal melee, and effortkessly plucked the trembling human out from under them.

"Oh, good!" Twilight sighed with relief. "Now, if you could just give him to me for a moment--"

Mac slung Conrad over onto his back and took off. "Nope!"

Twilight watched the huge earth pony run off with the enchanted human and groaned. "Ugh! Get back here with that... thing! Whatever it is!"

"Nope!"

She chased him through the park, attracting attention from other ponies. Conrad recovered from his daze and dropped off Big Macintosh, scrambling to his feet and running in the opposite direction from him and Twilight.

"What's going on here?" a sunbathing mare asked.

"They're chasing after that creature!"

"That incredibly amazing creature!"

Conrad halted and looked behind him. The ponies were all fixed on him, some of them eagerly pawing at the ground. Like racing gates opening up, all the ponies bolted at once towards him at high speed.

"I don't wanna die..." He turned an ran, screaming at the top of his lungs. "LEAVE ME ALONE!"

A pegasus swooped down and lifted him up, only to have another try to grab him out of her hooves. He was dropped in front of the oncoming Zerg rush and buried alive under an avalance of drooling ponies.

Big Mac dug in and carried him up to the surface, trying to keep him out of reach of everypony else. Conrad took this chance to jump on the ponies' heads down to the ground, and took off again. An explosion behind him was followed by a series of ponies flailing through the air. Big Mac stood triumphantly where the hoard once was.

"Nope!"

Meanwhile, Twilight came back to her friends in time to stop Rainbow Dash from gazing at Conrad. "Don't look at him!"

"What's going on, dear?" Rarity asked her.

"I don't know! I tried to enchant my Smarty Pants doll, but that guy got in the way, and I enchanted him instead, and now everypony's chasing him!"

"Why would you enchant your doll?" Fluttershy asked.

"Because I couldn't find a friendship problem, so I decided I would make a problem so I coukd write my friendship report to the princess! But I haven't got my report done, and the day is almost over!"

"Not almost." Applejack pointed to the sun, which was now setting at normal speed.

Twilight slumped to the ground in defeat as a shimmering ball of light appeared in the sky.

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE!"

Conrad stopped short and tripped over himself at the sight of the royal white alicorn that had appeared out of nowhere, shouting the name of the pedophile he'd failed to stop earlier.

If that red one was big, she was enormous! Easily taller than him, and radiating power and commanding authority. The very sight of him made every joint in his body buckle down, and he collapsed like a bunch of broccoli.

The princess's horn lit up, and she emited a wave of magic that broke the spell controlling everypony around her.

The townsponies looked at Conrad and shrugged, then went their own ways. The only one who stayed was Big Macintosh, who slumped the catatonic human over his back and whinnied victoriously, galloping back to Sweet Apple Acres.

Author's Note:

If you'd like to support my writing, please visit my site!