• Published 7th Jul 2012
  • 14,414 Views, 666 Comments

Hippophobia - Kelvin Shadewing



A teenager with a fear of horses ends up in Equestria.

  • ...
48
 666
 14,414

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

While Applejack was fixing lunch, Conrad sat down in front of the barn and gave his clothes a sniff. Somehow, he didn't smell like urine anymore. Instead, he swore he smelled like roses. Hm, that's odd. Maybe Celestia cast a cleaning spell on me, too? Either way, he was clean now, and that was one thing off his mind.

He took a deep breath of the fresh orchard air and tried to relax. Well, looks like I'm stuck here for a while. At least I've met three ponies who don't seem totally insane. I still think it has something to do with being an earth pony. Anyway, I think since Big Mac 'adopted' me, and I've been staying in this barn, that makes this farm my new home? Could be worse, I guess. At least this place is quiet.

A sudden tremor made Conrad grab hold of the bucket he was standing on, and less than a second later, he found himself rising up into the air several feet. "Gah! What's going on now?!"

"HI!" said a high-pitch cheerful voice under him. The pink earth mare holding him up set him down gently. "I'M PINKIE PIE AND I JUST HEARD YOU WERE MOVING INTO PONYVILLE WHICH IS GREAT BECAUSE THAT MEANS I GET TO THROW YOU A SUPER DUPER GINORMOUS SPECTACULAR TERIFFIC WELCOME PARTY TO WELCOME YOU TO PONYVILLE BECAUSE YOU'RE NEW AND IF YOU'RE NEW THEN THAT MEANS YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS YET AND THAT MAKES ME SO SAD KNOWING SOMEPONY DOESN'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS SO I INVITED EVERYPONY IN PONYVILLE SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF FRIENDS!"

Conrad was backed up against the barn door on the ground, grasping his chest as he hyperventilated.

"Soooooooooo," the pink mare said as she got right up in his face, "What's your name?" Her nostrils flared and she took a big whiff of Conrad's hair. "Mmmm! You smell delicious!"

"ACK!" The human shoved the pink pony puff off himself and bolted into the orchard.

"WAIT! I didn't get your name!" Pinkie shouted, popping out of a tree top.

Conrad turned 90 degrees and went down another row, only to have the mare pop up ahead of him again.

"Don't you wanna come to my party?"

"BIG MAAAAC!" the human screamed.

"Ooh!" Pinkie shot up from the ground, causing Conrad to barrel over her. "I know Big Macintosh, too! Are you guys friends?" She kept talking as they tumbled in the dirt.

"HELP!"

"Don't worry! I gotcha!" Pinkie picked him up and set him on her back. "I'll get ya to the party, lickety split!" The earth pony broke into a full gallop with the terrified Conrad clinging to her cotton candy mane.

"HELP!" Conrad screamed again.

Big Macintosh was returning to the farm at that moment and saw Pinkie making off with his human. "Nope!" He reared up and then shot towards Pinkie to intercept her. He snatched Conrad clean off her back and ran towards the barn again.

Pinkie skidded to a halt when she realized her passenger was missing. "Hmm." She put a hoof to her mouth. "That's funny. You suddenly got a lot lighter." She turned and saw her bare back and let out a long gasp. "Oh, no! New pony? Where are you? Did you shrink? I hope I didn't step on you!" She gasped again and smiled. "Don't worry, new pony! I know just who can help!"

With an excited giggle, she disappeared in a pink blur down the road.

Big Mac tried to set Conrad down gently, but the human was clinging to him too tightly to drop. "Conrad? Pinkie's gone now. Y'all can let go."

Conrad shivered loudly and slowly climbed off the stallion. "W-w-what the freak was that?"

"Pinkie Pie," Mac said flatly.

"Pinkie Pie," Conrad repeated, "And here I thought there weren't any insane earth ponies. Is it just me, or are Turner, Celestia and your family the only sane ponies in this place?"

"Eeyup."

"Soup's on!" Applejack called, "Come 'n' git it!"

"Come on," said Big Mac, "Let's git some lunch. Y'all could use it."

Conrad stood up and sighed. "Yeah, I guess so."


"Twilight! Twilight, I need your help!" Pinkie Pie bounced up and down around her unicorn friend.

Twilight grunted and rolled up a scroll she had levitating in front of her. "Ugh, Pinkie, I'm in the middle of something."

"But there's somepony new in town!" Pinkie squealed.

"So then throw them a party," said Twilight, "I need to find where that human went."

"But the new pony disappeared!" the pink mare screamed.

Twilight stopped and blinked. "Disappeared? Wait, what did they look like?"

"He wasn't really a pony," said Pinkie, "He was a funny pink thing with a reddish brownish hairy mane that looked like a bad case of bed head."

Twilight's eyes grew to the size of dinner plates. "Wait a minute, Pinkie. Was this new pony perhaps the strange creature we saw yesterday?"

"I dunno!" Pinkie giggled, rolling her eyes around, "You told us not to look at him because you enchanted him."

Twilight gasped. "THE HUMAN!" She pounced on her pink friend. "Where did you see him?"

"He was at Sweet Apple Acres."

The unicorn teleported away in a flash.

"Wait!" Pinkie stood up. "What about the new pony?!" When she received no answer, she sighed and turned around. "Oh well, I have a party to plan!"

As the earth mare bounced off cheerfully, a sea foam unicorn watched from behind a fruit stand and chuckled lowly to herself. "Well, well, well, Conrad. You should have learned your lesson last time. Now that I know where you will reappear, catching you again will be a breeze!"

"Yes, yes," said Bonbon, tossing a few bits to the stall owner, "You found your human's hiding place, whoop dee do. Can we go home now? You're starting to draw looks to us."

Lyra poked her head out from behind the fruit. "Alright, Bonbon. We'll go home... just as soon as I have my Concon!"

Bonbon raised an eyebrow. "Concon?"

"Yes!" Lyra squeaked, "Bonbon and Concon for Lonlon!... er, Lyra. Hee hee."

As Lyra and Bonbon trotted off towards Sweet Apple Acres, a brown stallion poked his head out of a crate. "Well, well, well, Lyra," said Time Turner, "You should have learned your lesson from last time. Now that I know you're going after Conrad again, keeping him out of your hooves will be a breeze!"

As Turner blinked out of time, a pair of blue eyes popped out of a hay bale. "Well, well, well, Timey Wimey," said Pinkie Pie, "You should have learned your lesson tomorrow. Now that I know you know the new pony too, getting him to his welcome party will be a breeze!" She giggled to herself and turned around. "Anypony wanna help me drag out this joke?"

As she said this, a gray mare with a blond mane popped out of a well. "Well, well, well, Pinkie," said Derpy Hooves, "You should have learned your lesson last time. Now that I know you're going to Sweet Apple Acres, stealing those muffins will be a breeze!"

Author's Note:

If you'd like to support my writing, please visit my site!