• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 515 Views, 19 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling Side-Story: Beautiful Monsters - Bahamut0



After she was given a second chance, Abyss meets a young boy who catches her interest. But her new life comes with a price. Will the boy love her despite her past?

  • ...
4
 19
 515

Chapter 4

Narico led Abyss to Sugar Cube Corner, and the two got ice cream. "Try not to eat it too fast.", Narico warned. "It'll give you brain freeze for days." Narico shivered at the memory of when he made that very mistake.

"I'll be fine.", Abyss said with a giggle as she licked away at her ice cream. The two soon finished, and headed outside. Abyss then decided to test the waters. "...Narico?"

"Hm?"

"Have you ever had a secret that you've wanted to tell someone, but you feel they'll hate you because of it?"

Narico's mind was panicking! Does...does she know my secret?!

Abyss sighed. "I suppose I should tell you...the me you see right now is a lie. In truth, I'm much older than you. Or at least, I was."

Narico mentally breathed a sigh of relief. "So...what's your story?"

"Ever since I was little, all I wanted was to find a guy who was worthy of me. All that mattered to me was that one desire. I thought I'd found the one, but he turned out to be quite disappointing to me. But at the very least, he gave me a son. I raised him to think that all that mattered was pursuing his own desires no matter what. So long as you acheived them. Soon, I found a man worthy of me. But he missed his old family. However, he still helped to raise my son, Blitz. It was then that Blitz gained his desire. The desire to be a hero. And I sought to help him. I've had dark powers since I was small, but I always kept them under control. However, many evil duel monsters were drawn to me. I had no use for them, so I kept them in a collection. I gave my son the evil cards and he gave them to duelists who resonated with them. Blitz planned on defeating those duelists when they came into power so he could be seen as the hero. But Burst Stream, the current champion, thwarted him at every turn. My son was outraged, and soon confronted Burst. Blitz lost to Burst, and I haven't seen him since then. It was then that I confronted Burst and his friends. But I lost, and was destroyed. That is, until the God Cards gave me the life you see before you. My new life came with a price. I had to find someone who could love me. One who would keep me close despite all the awful things I did. For the first time, I see how messed up I was." A tear fell down Abyss's cheek. "How I turned my son into a monster..."

Narico blinked. "...You're not the only one who's yearning for someone to love them despite who they were, or what they are." Narico then rubbed his scar. "You're not the only one who lied."

Abyss was confused. "And...what secret do you have?"

"Abyss. I'm not even human." Narico took a deep breath. "I was born in a world called Equestria. My race was known as the changelings. A group of creatures that fed off of the love of other sentient beings. But I was different from the others since the day I was hatched. I never felt any hunger. No constant nagging in my stomach that compelled me to hunt for love. We changelings, like our name implied, could shapeshift into other forms in orde to hide ourselves and gather love. Such was the law of our queen. Chrysalis. But my unique condition got me thinking, what if she was wrong? What if there was a better way to gain love than stealing it? But in a hive, the rule of the queen is absolute." Narico rubbed his scar once again. "The queen is in a way our mother. And I paid the price for defying her. She had me cast out of the hive, and left to the mercy of the ponies. Fortunately, I was able to take the form of a pony version of myself. A mare found me, and treated my wounds. She and I became good friends, and over time...we became so much more." Narico gave a sad sigh. "I thought after all that time, there was no longer any need to hide what I really was. Another grave mistake. The mare ran away screaming. Her last words to me were "Monster." Because my kind was known only for the misdeeds they'd commited, I was hated just because of what I was. I was an outcast. Exiled by my own kind, and hated by the ponies. There was no place for me in that world. That is, until I was brought to this one. Fang and his family adopted me. Let's just say Fang's ears and tail aren't cosplay. But ever since that awful night, I've never dropped this disguise. I thought that if I ever did find another love and reveal myself, they'd only fear me like that mare. Even if I have a heart full of love, nobody believes that a changeling can change." Narico dropped his disguise in a flash of green flame. Revealing his bug-like pale blue eyes. "So now you see me for what I really am. And from here, it's your choice. Go ahead and run. Scream. Call me a freak. Maybe no one belives that my kind can change, but I won't change who I am." Narico closed his eyes, and heard footsteps. She's gone. Just like my first love. I guess I can't change how people see me no matter where I am. Narico then felt a war sensation on his forehead, and opened his eyes to find Abyss kissing him!

"That mare was a fool to leave you.", Abyss said with a loving smile. "Just because you chose not to hide who you really were, she denied the fact that you were still the same per...pony she'd come to love. All she saw was the body, and not the heart. And in my search for love, that's what I came to value more than anything else. Let's end our isolation together."

Tears fell down Narico's face as he held Abyss tightly. "Why...why am I crying?"

"Because you're so happy.", Abyss said as she returned Narico's embrace. "Because you don't need to hide anymore."