• Published 25th Mar 2017
  • 134 Views, 0 Comments

Strings Of Slumber - Shimsham



A strange case of insomnia plagues Ponyville and the one people are turning to isn't sure what to do.

  • ...
 0
 134

Lullaby Of Peace

When they approached the door, there was uproar from the crowd, angry and confused. The breeze strengthened, rocking a sign that hung above the door reading "Counting Sheep,Losing Sleep" The line erupted as the pair slid into the shop to talk to their friend. Lullaby was talking to Imani, another one of their close friends. They sat down quietly and observed as Lullaby performed her magical array of lights that surrounded her body and slowly transferred to the other pony. Not only was it beautiful but it had great effect and usually cured all of the problems that the client had."Thank you" smiled Imani, bowing to her.

"Don't worry about it" Shining Lullaby replied, trying to pull of a convincing smile to no success.

As Imani trotted out the door, she shot the a friendly grin at the two of them. Lullaby suddenly noticed them sat in the corner of the room and let out a sigh. "Oh my Celestia.. Does this night ever end!" she moaned, her horn obviously worn out. She used the last of her magic to mix them both a purple potion that look rather unappealing. "Essence of Poppy. It will help you relax, it's the best I can do in this state."she murmured, rather apologetically.

"Honestly, it's fine" Cloudy Drifter whispered,"You're amazing!"

"Yeah!" Candy Twist chimed in, resuming her bubbly nature. Lullaby began hum to herself as they began to exit. Her voice was enough to put you asleep alone, each second you could hear her voice you began to feel at peace. Even her welcoming voice was like a lullaby that soothed all that heard it. All the lights blew out in the building and Lullaby began to exit with them. Seeing their confused expression, She decided to explain.
"I'm not going to get any peace around here, so there's no point staying, anyway my magic's run out so I can help anyone," She paused, thinking of where to go. "I'll go to my mom's castle, it's not too far."

The friends walk outside to be greeted by the swarms of outraged ponies who had been waiting to be served. Lullaby cleared her throat and assumed a more threatening look. The crowd continued to bombard her with complaints and questions and the stress was clearly building up inside her. Her face darkened and it was only a matter of time before she burst."EVERYONE BE QUIET!" she screamed at the top of her lungs and the peace of the evening returned. "Everypony, go home, I can't help you!" There was a sense of sadness in her voice and tears were building up in her eyes, ready to create a river of sorrow. "I can't help anypony.."

The crowd split and funnelled off in many directions. Soon the distraught unicorn found herself alone in the evening wind. The sign that hung from her shop kept rocking and rocking.

Author's Note:

What did you think?:pinkiesad2:
Hope you enjoyed!:pinkiesmile:
This is what Shining Lullaby looks like: Here :heart:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment