• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 3,071 Views, 114 Comments

The Chaotic Three: A Zany Story - LunaJack



Jewel is trapped in her job as a high society fashion model. Can her friends Zany, Twinkle, and Applespike help her escape so she can find happiness with her one true love?

  • ...
3
 114
 3,071

A Zany Ending...or Beginning

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!”

Zany wisely conjured himself a pair of earmuffs as Twinkle’s scream of horror hit decibels even Pinkie Pie at her most excited could not reach. He could swear the floorboards vibrated. The loft was in worse shape than he remembered. Almost everything in the neat little room was coated in sticky white marshmallow: the walls, the windows, the furniture, the books. OH, Great Celestia! The books! He was surprised Twinkle hadn’t fainted dead away when she saw all her tomes buried in marshmallow. Luckily, all of them had been shelved when the bomb went off, or the damage would have been worse.

“You know, technically, this was not my fault,” said Zany when Twinkle stopped screaming to gasp for air. “Applespike is the one who actually threw the Marshmallow bomb.”

“Which you provided!” growled Twinkle through clenched teeth.

“Which I provided,” Zany conceded with a nod. “But there’s no need to panic. I can fix this.”

“You better fix it, buster! Or I’ll make sure you have nightmares for a year!”

The draconequess brushed off the threat. “Just watch.”

Zany's eyes glowed white, encasing everything in his magic. Carefully, he applied the spell he had used to clean up the foals on Nightmare Night. At least these were inanimate objects so he didn’t have to be too gentle. Slowly, the hardened confection peeled off the books, the shelves, and the windows. There was some resistance from the furniture and the rugs as the sticky stuff clung to the fibers but he managed to remove it without doing too much damage. The rug looked a little faded and the couch cushions were a little rough, but Twinkle was not picky about that.

The little alicorn simply nodded her head in approval.

“That’s better,” she said quietly.

“Thank you for the crumbs from your table, Mrs. Hives,” said Zany with an ironic bow. “Does this suit you or does your threat of nightmares still stand?”

Twinkle blushed and looked away, ashamed. “I’m sorry, Zany. I shouldn’t have lost my temper. I know you guys were just defending yourselves.”

Zany gasped. “Excuse me? Have I heard right?” He placed a hoof over his heart and pretended to swoon. “Is Twinkle Sparkle actually apologizing to me?”

“And you’re making me regret it already,” Twinkle grunted.

“Sorry, but I can’t help it!” Zany turned a gleeful mid-air flip. “This is a momentous occasion! It is the first time I can remember you ever apologizing to me.”

Twinkle raised a disbelieving eyebrow. “Honestly?”

“Yeah. Whenever we got in trouble for fighting, I was the one who always ended up having to apologize. Of course,” Zany added with a chuckle. “I was the one who usually instigated the fights, so I guess it would make sense that I would be doing all the apologizing.”

Twinkle grinned. “Like the time you made my book snap like a crocodile and then chased me with it?”

“Yeah,” Zany laughed, showing his fang. “Or the time we were playing firefighter and I singed your tail?”

“And mom had to trim it so I ended up looking like a colt from the back,” replied Twinkle sourly. “You kept calling me ‘Twink-tail’.”

“I forgot about that!” Zany laughed so hard, he rolled onto his back. “Oh, I’ve really got to write that one down!” A notebook and quill appeared in front of him. “T-W-I-N-K-T-A-I-L.”

“I was at a disadvantage when it came to name calling,” Twinkle huffed. “There isn’t much you can do with a name like ‘Zany’.”

“I don’t know. I thought ‘Zany Insaney Broccoli Chow Meiny’ had a ring to it,” Zany replied, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. “Though, you did call me ‘Lamey” once. That kinda got to me.”

“I forgot that one!” the little alicorn giggled. “So, I did manage to zing you!”

“You’re the only one who dared to,” replied Zany. “Jewel and Applespike are my closest friends. We’d get annoyed with each other sometimes, but we knew each other’s limits and respected that.”

Twinkle stopped giggling. “So, are you saying you didn’t respect me growing up?”

Zany thought about that a moment. “No, it wasn’t that. You were just so aggravating! Little Miss Orderly! Little Miss Goody-Two-Shoes! You were just begging for me to bug you! Besides,” he added, pointing to her horn. “You were an alicorn with some pretty amazing magic for your age. I knew you could handle it.”

“Humph!” Twinkle grunted. “Glad to know you thought I was such a bad flank.”

“Oh, don’t get me wrong! You were a scaredy-cat at first. But once you learned how to control your magic, you were able to hold your own,” Zany grinned wickedly. “For instance, I knew you wouldn’t freak if I did THIS!”

POOF!

“What…” Twinkle eeped in surprise as a nest of hissing green snakes suddenly appeared in her face. She threw up a hoof to slap them away then realized they were attached to her head. A slithering sensation on her flank and legs told her that her tail was also involved.

“Maredusa,” she said dryly as she magicked her mane and tail back to normal. “Nice to know you actually read the ancient myths.”

“I just read it for the monsters,” said Zany, shrugging.

“Really? Do you remember this one?”

ZAP!

“What the—” Zany saw his reflection in a nearby window. His head was not changed, but his body was like a giant vulture. “You turned me into a Harpy!”

“Yes!” Twinkle crowed. “Or should I say a Zarpy?”

“Leave the puns to the expert, Sparkle!” Zany growled as he changed himself back. “Or should I say Spidermare?”

POOF!

The little alicorn fought down a scream as a cluster of spiders suddenly appeared, crawling through her mane and making a web on her horn.

“Good one, Zany” she said, trying not to shudder as she banished arachnids. “Or is it Fleazy?”

ZAP!

“WHOA!” Zany couldn’t help but screech and dance as a horde of fleas invaded his coat.

“Oh, you are asking for it, Twinkle Toes!”

POOF!

Twinkle looked down and saw all four of her hooves had turned into purple feet with toes!

“I’ll get your goat, Zany!”

ZAP!

“Hey!” Zany found himself turned into a little gray goat with two tiny horns. His stubby goat tail twirled furiously as he glowered at Twinkle.

“Oh, you have made a baaaaaaaad mistake,” he bleated.

POOF!

Twinkle squeaked as she sprouted a coat of long, thick fleece.

“I’ll bet you feel sheepish,” Zany sneered.

“Maybe,” she grinned.

BUZZ!

Zany’s pink mane and tail fell to the floor in a heap.

“But I’m not the one getting sheared,” teased Twinkle.

POOF!

Twinkle found herself encased in a giant marshmallow.

ZAP!

Zany was trapped up to his neck inside a giant zucchini.

POOF!

Twinkle grew the back legs of a kangaroo.

ZAP!

Zany grew the long, gangly legs of an emu.

“Enough of this!” yelled Zany.

POOF!

Twinkle’s horn was replaced with an upside down vanilla ice cream cone.

“What? Zany!” the little alicorn cried, realizing she could no longer work her magic.

“I win!” cried Zany, hoof-pumping. “Whoo-hoo! I win! I always knew I would win if we were ever left alone long enough to duke it out!”

Twinkle stepped up to him, vanilla ice cream melting down her muzzle. “Who said I conceded defeat?” she asked primly.

“Excuse me?” Zany huffed. “I took your horn, little filly! You can’t do magic without it, so I win!”

“But I haven’t admitted defeat,” Twinkle insisted with a smirk. “And it’s still my turn.”

The draconequess colt grinned in her face. “What are you gonna do without a horn?” he sneered.

“This!”

Zany gasped in surprise as Twinkle lunged forward and planted a kiss on his lips. Magic crackled through his fur, making it stand on end. His mane stiffened and his bobbed tail stood up like the bristles on a broom.

POP!

Twinkle slowly pulled back as her precious horn was restored. Zany stared at her wide-eyed, his brain trying to process what had happened. Tentatively, he licked his lips. They tasted of vanilla ice cream.

“Thank you, Zany,” said Twinkle, breaking him from his trance. She started to back away.

“Stop!” cried Zany, finding his voice. “We—we’re not done!”

“You gave me back my horn,” Twinkle teased. “Doesn’t that mean you admit defeat?”

“No,” he said. He was breathing hard and his voice was husky with emotion. “It-it’s my turn.”

Twinkle raised an inquisitive eyebrow. “Your turn for what?” she asked softly.

Zany’s response was to pull her to him, capturing her mouth with his. He moaned softly, savoring every detail. Her lips were soft and plush like velvet and tasted of sweet vanilla. Twinkle kissed him back, her arms encircling his neck. Magic crackled through his body and into hers. Twinkle whimpered at the sensation. This was not like the angry blast of magic she had channeled when Zany had wanted to hurt Stud Muffin. This was soft, warm, and tingly like a massage with tiny little fingers ruffling her fur.

“Zany,” she whispered when their lips finally parted.

“Yes?”

She swallowed hard. “This-this feels…”

“Right?” he whispered back. Twinkle could only nod.

They kissed again, melting into each other like chocolate.

“Well, well, well! What have we here?”

Zany and Twinkle both ‘eeped’ in surprise. They looked up and found Discord frowning down at them, his lion’s paw and eagle talon crossed over his chest. Standing right beside him was a blushing, slack-jawed Princess Twilight Sparkle.

“Twinkle?” she managed to squeak.

So,” said Discord. “I return home after an exhaustive search of every baby shop in Winnypeg, thinking I can relax and put my feet up for a while, only to find out you have gone missing! Not just you, but Applespike, too! I am about to pull out your mother’s mirror when who should come flying into Ponyville but Rarity and her family with Applespike in Tia’s personal chariot! They inform me that you are in Canterlot, cleaning up some of the mess you helped make!

THEN, while we are still imagining the glorious mayhem that must entail, Twilight here gets a message from Princess Luna letting her know how proud she should be of Twinkle for standing up to bullies and seeing justice done for poor Jewel! So, the two of us come to Canterlot, me to collect you and Twilight to congratulate her daughter, only to find you two-- in here-- alone-- SNOGGING!”

Zany put himself between Twinkle and Discord as his father’s red irises burst into flames.

“N-n-now, Discord,” Twilight stammered. “Let’s not be too hasty. Let’s hear what they have to say.” She looked hopefully at Twinkle.

“Yes,” agreed Discord, glaring down at Zany. “What do you have to say for yourself?”

“Well,” said Zany, his arm slowly easing around Twinkle’s waist. “I just have to say…Goodbye!”

POOF!

The couple vanished.

The draconequess and alicorn stared at the empty space where the two budding lovers had been. There was a long uncomfortable silence. Finally, Discord let out a long, defeated sigh.

“Well, I guess there’s only one thing left to do.”

“What's that?” asked Twilight.

Discord threw his arms open wide and smiled his big, toothy, mischievous smile.

“Welcome you to the family!”

Twilight gulped. "Eeep!"

Author's Note:

Finally, the end of a "Zany Story". I had a lot of fun writing this and I do plan to write a sequel and side story some time. I also have some ideas outside DF's DoD Universe I want to try.
I hope ya'll liked it.

Comments ( 27 )

YAAASSSSS FINALLY THE SHIP HAS SAILED!!!!! i wonder what going to happen next are you going to do a sequel or is this the end its a good ending but i wouldnt mind a sequel but what ever you choose would be fine by me i loved your story and hope you make more great ones like this

9220777
I am thinking of a sequel/side story featuring Cinnamon and Gulliand. The Chaotic Three plus Twinkle would be in it. I'm glad you liked the story.:pinkiehappy:

Yes that was awesome oh should write one about jewel and applespike kid dating zany and twinkle kid that would be cool

9222862
Good thought. I haven't thought that far ahead.

Cool hey quick question is it hard to come up with ideas to write about

9224981
Sometimes. This story came to me after reading Son-in-law of Discord. My daughter wanted a story about Zany, Applespike, and Jewel so I told it to her and decided to write it down.

Aw that is very cool and

9258721
Noooo. This is an E-rated story. Though I wouldn't mind shooting him from a cannon.:pinkiehappy:

9259669
Okay but you know i hope in the sequel we can see more about things like rainbows new foal and zinkle (ha get it zinkle?:rainbowlaugh:) and more.

9259806
I think I can work that in.:raritywink:

9260499
Wait i just thought of something how old are gemstone, prism, and the tri pies in your story?

9284468
I hadn't really thought about it. The events in the story take place ten years after Screwy's wedding to Mothball. I would have to say early twenties. I know they seem a little childish in my story, but I didn't really picture the Triplets maturing much. Gemstone has matured but is not interested in marriage, so she lives with her parents and helps her mother.

Comment posted by phantom ghost hunter deleted Nov 10th, 2018

9284631
Okay but i need to ask do you mind if i use one of your oc's for a fic i'm working on?

9284686
I'm honored. Which one?

9286505
whos the one with the magic blocking spell?

9286680
Goodnight has a "Tatzlworm spell" that replicates the effects of Tatzlworm snot on a magic user. He also uses an anti-teleportation spell to keep out intruders, but a lot of unicorns know that spell. Is he the one you're referring to?

Comment posted by phantom ghost hunter deleted Jun 3rd, 2020

9288568
I don't know anything about it, though I have heard of it. Sounds interesting!

If the main OCs in this story were voiced, what would they sound like?

9289810
I'm not sure. Twinkle, Jewel, Zany, and Applespike are not my OC's BUT I imagine their voices are similar to their parents. Twinkle and Jewel sound like their moms, though Jewel's sounds more sweet. Applespike has a young Spike voice but speaks with the Southern accent. Zany tries to sound like his dad, but probably sounds more like a toned down version of Zephyr Breeze.
Picture Perfect, who is my OC, I imagined him sounding like Alan Rickman in "Harry Potter". Goodnight, I kinda pictured George Sander's who did the voice of Shere Khan in Disney's animated "Jungle Book".

AHHHHHHH! I've been waiting for this moment!!! TWINKLE X ZANY FOREVER!!!! Anyway, this was fun, I read it all today XD, which, coming from me, is saying a lot (I'm a very slow reader hehe). I'm glad to see Jewel finally has happiness with Applespike! And yeah, Fancy totally owned it last chapter :rainbowlaugh:
And of course that ending (THEY KISSED I'M SO HAPPY ALL MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE~) :twilightblush:
-Sunny :heart:

10281779
No problem, it's a great story :)

This story contains characters found in Disneyfanatic's Daughter of Discord series.

Can we please get a link to that? Please respond to this comment.

10401658
I don't know the link. I just Googled "Daughter of Discord" and it came up. Her stories are part of the Fluttercord site. they can also be found in "Disneyverse".

Well, after finishing this 72k word fic in under 5 days, I must say well done. I genuinely enjoyed this and whats inside it. While I am so very late to the party, I say this fic has stood the test of the through it good characterization, somewhat solid humor, neat references, sympathetic protagonist, so very hatable antagonists and the fantastic fluff when the fic did get nice and fluffy. While I do find the ending a little wonkey, I feel it nicely rapped up nicely and opened the door for further additions. Solid 8/10, just could used a bit better characterization for the Canon characters and a tweek to the facing, other than that, great fic.

10715596
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment