• Published 7th Jul 2012
  • 5,856 Views, 217 Comments

Doctor Who: Equestria needs a Doctor - Infinite Carnage



The Doctor lands in the world of Equestria, but he wasn't the only one.

  • ...
18
 217
 5,856

Chapter 4: Would Anypony like a Jellybaby?

The surprise party in the TARDIS had been eventful to say the least. The Doctor had to make sure that none of the ponies touched the console. Despite the Tardis being grounded, the time machine was acting unpredictably so the Doctor didn’t want to take any chances. He was surprised how all of the Equestrians just accepted the fact that his home was bigger on the inside than the outside. However, the Doctor figured that all the unicorn ponies thought that it was just a type of magic far beyond them, and all the non-unicorn ponies probably just assumed it was magic anyway.

Eventually, the party winded down and most of the ponies had taken their leave. The only ponies left in the TARDIS were Twilight, who was looking around the console in some attempt to figure out how to fly it. Rainbow Dash, who was flying around the time machine so she could get an idea of how big it actually was. Applejack and Fluttershy, who were just content on lying on the ground and taking it all in. Rarity, who was in the wardrobe section and was judging all of the clothing that the Doctor had; and Pinkie Pie who was excitably jumping all over in random parts of the TARDIS.

The Doctor was making seven cups of hot chocolate for his new friends and himself. His day had done a complete 180 twice, and right now, he was very happy. He had never had a party in his honour before in his entire 900 year old life and now he would end the day with his new friends. He had thought that this was a pretty good place to get stranded if someone was going to get stranded at all.

He walked in with a tray carrying the seven hot chocolates to the main TARDIS console. He remembered at least once that he had shared the beauty of chocolate with all of his companions. Chocolate was one of humanity's greatest creations and a winner in his book. He had also found something familiar from his days in his fourth form which he wanted to share with the group.

He made it to the console and was greeted by Applejack. "Well howdy partner. Have you got drinks for everypony?"

"Oh yes, hot chocolates for everybody, we just have to get everyone here now."

Fluttershy then spoke up in her usual quiet tone. "Oh… well if we wait a moment, Rainbow Dash should come around because she's… um… racing around your TARDIS."

And sure enough, Rainbow Dash appeared and was stopped by the Doctor. He asked her to gather everypony to the room so they can all take a drink with him. A couple of moments later, all the elements of harmony had joined them in the control room and they were all quietly drinking their coco. Nopony said anything for a while, but Pinkie Pie couldn't stand the quiet so she called out, "Hey! Did you enjoy your welcome to Ponyville party? I hope you had a super fun time."

"Oh I did indeed, I think that mare… what was her name… oh yes, it was Octavia. I think she drank a little too much. I think she was actually hitting on me as well, but I did enjoy the cake, I've always loved cake."

Rarity decided to join in the conversation. "Oh yes, Octavia. She regularly buys bowties from my shop. Despite the fact she moved from Canterlot to this town, she’s very upper class. She's always had a thing for the odd, darling, so that's probably why you caught her eye. I mean her roommate has always been a little odd too. I swear there's something off about that Vinyl Scratch, I just can't put my hoof on it…"

Applejack cut Rarity off, "Now hold on there Rare. It ain't kind to talk about other ponies behind their backs and spread gossip. You and the Cutie mark crusaders learned that the hard way, remember?"

"Oh relax darling. I didn't mean anything by it. Actually come to think of it, Octavia really was flirting with you, wasn't she? I think she really took a fancy to you when you put that bowtie on, I know she's always had a thing for them."

The Doctor thought back to when he got a bit wild and was putting on random clothing. "Yeah, I'm not sure why I did that. I used to love bowties but I’ve gone off them, I can't imagine myself ever wearing one again for very long, they're not very cool."

Rainbow Dash had become weary with this conversation. "Anyway… since you're staying in Ponyville and all, what do you think you're actually going to do here?"

"I don't really know. Until I can figure out exactly why the TARDIS has decided to stay here then I can't leave. I guess I'll just have to find something for me to do because I can't even get my TARDIS out of Twilight's library. It's just dawned on me that I'm probably going to have to find a job, I've never had a job before, what do you do in a job?"

Twilight just shook her head with a smirk on her face. "Actually, Doctor, I was hoping that maybe you could show me exactly how your TARDIS works. It's fascinating how you are able to travel through time and space with your device. I’d like to know more about your chameleon circuit and how it cloaks your TARDIS. Also, can you tell me how your TARDIS is connected to the time stream?"

"Sure, that sounds very interesting, as long as you show me exactly how this magic works. I have some idea but I would like you to show me more."

"Then it's a deal, it will be a scientists trade."

Fluttershy also spoke up, "If you don't mind me asking… would you be able to tell about some of the animals in your universe? From what little you've told me they sound very fascinating."

Rarity spoke up next. "Oh. and I would love your advice on my next clothing line that I'm making. You seem to have an eye for fashion and unique style."

The Doctor looked around the group "Well I guess I'll be busier than I thought… oh, and before I forget, would anyone here like a jelly baby."

They all looked a little confused at this offer but they all took one each and then Rainbow Dash recognised what it was. "Hey! These look like Jelly foals, except they're shaped like mini Time Lords."

"Well they're actually meant to be baby humans which is your equivalent to foals."

The mane six all tucked into the tasty treat presented to them. The Doctor looked around and for a moment, he didn't see how in any way he could cause any trouble in this world. That's when Spike opened up the door to the TARDIS and called out to them. "Everypony, two of Celestia's guards are standing at the door and they want to see Twilight, urgently."

Nobody wasted anytime in going straight out of the TARDIS and to the front door where they were greeted by the two guards in question. "Greetings Twilight Sparkle, we were told that an unidentified creature would be at your place of residence. Is this the creature in question?"

The guard pointed directly at the Doctor who didn't seem to bothered about this. "Yes, hello, that's me, I'm the unidentified creature. I'm called the Doctor."

The guard kept directly talking to Twilight. "Princess Celestia has called for his presence and yours, and she said that if the rest of the elements of harmony wish to come they may. Please do not delay. We will meet you by the carriage when you're all ready."

They could see that it was now night time at this point. Twilight turned to the Doctor and said "We should go, perhaps she will know why you're stranded. There must be a reason she called for us, especially at this hour."

"I agree, would you five like to come?"

Applejack was a bit confused. "How the hay would the Princess know about the Doctor already though?"

The Doctor thought about it. "That's a good question actually, she couldn't have seen me land because the TARDIS materialises on the spot, and it doesn't land like a Pegasus or a carriage would, so I don't know, but we'll probably find out once we get there. So I'll ask again, do you all want to come?"

They all nodded their heads in unison and the Doctor clapped his hands together. "Alright then, it's time to meet Princess Celestia."


Princess Luna had just finished putting up the night sky. She had flown tonight with an extra shot of vigour in her step, and she was eager to return so she could have something to eat. She was absolutely famished. She was going to eat with her sister Princess Celestia tonight as they had not dined together in a while.

She walked around her bedroom as she wondered what she was going to eat tonight. In truth, she was a little worried about her older sister, as she was doing some interesting experiments that Luna was not allowed to be a part of. She wasn't jealous per say as she wasn't really interested in the sciences, but she did find it very odd that Celestia wouldn't even allow her own student to know anything about it. Celestia had made Luna promise not to tell Twilight for any reason. Still, she just assumed that her sister was having a faze that she would get over soon.

It was then when she heard a knock on the door. "Ah, that must be one of the Guards. He must be here to tell me that supper has been prepared."

She had been able to gain control over her voice as of late. She found that Twilight Sparkle was correct that the royal Canterlot voice was outdated, however, she also realised if she ever needed to intimidate any pony in the future that the voice did wonders. She always kept that at the back of her mind. She approached the door and when it was opened, she greeted the guard in front of her. "Good evening Guard, is tea prepared yet?"

"It is indeed Princess Luna. However, your sister has requested your presence outside the front entrance to the palace immediately."

"Why on equis does she want to meet me there?"

"I am afraid that she would not tell me. The only thing she said was that it was very important for you to meet her there. If I were to take a guess, she just might want to show you something."

Luna sighed. She was very eager to start eating but she knew that she couldn't stand up her own sister despite her ever growing hunger. She would just have to finish whatever she wanted as quickly as possible. "Alright guard, lead the way."

They set off towards the front entrance of the palace. To keep her mind off the hunger in the pit of her stomach. She guessed in her mind what her sister could possibly want. Perhaps it has something to do with that experiment, or perhaps my sister is playing some practical joke on me, if it is that, I will make a mental note to wring her neck afterwards.

They were approaching the main entrance when the guard suddenly took his leave. He said that he was not allowed past this point and that the only guard that was stationed with Celestia was Shining Armour and this was per Celestia's request. Luna just accepted this as the less questions meant the sooner she could get to the food.

She walked through the doors and Luna saw her Sister sitting just outside with shining Armour nearby. She greeted him, "Good evening Shining Armour, I trust all is well?"

"You'll have to ask Celestia your majesty, all I've been told to do is stand guard in case something ugly happens."

Luna turned her attention to her sister and asked "Sister, what is the meaning of this? I thought we were to dine together, but instead you have called me out here. Why have you done this?"

Celestia wasn't moving. She was looking ahead with a smile on her face. It didn't look like she was looking at anything in particular at all, it seemed that she was waiting for something to fall in her line of sight. "Luna, patience is a virtue. I do hope you remember this lesson. Tonight we might have some guests joining us for dinner."

"And is this the reason thou has asked us to join you? To meet these guests?"

"Precisely, but I must ask you not to act rashly when you meet one of them, I would rather not start an incident."

"Why would we act rashly to any of the guests? What are you not telling me?"

"Again, patience is a virtue Luna. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out there was a missing seventh element of harmony and that was it… ah, look, here they come."

Their eyes locked onto the golden chariot that was descending towards them. It stopped right outside the palace. Six very familiar mares stepped outside of it, but they were accompanied by something that Princess Luna had to do a double take on. She didn't know what it was. Luna had lived a very long life and had seen all the creatures Equestria had to offer, but she didn't have a clue about what she was looking at.

The creature was tall and it had unusual clothing on. It also had a wide smile and it was muttering words like brilliant and fantastic under its breath. The seven of them approached the princesses. Shining Armour's horn was starting to glow and aimed directly at the Doctor. The Doctor also took a defensive position. "Twiley? Is that you? What is this thing?"

The Doctor said "Hey, that's a little rude. I'm not a thing. Well I guess I technically am a thing I suppose, but still, it's a little rude, and put that thing down, you'll poke out someone's eye with that."

Twilight put a reassuring hoof on her brother's shoulder and he depowered his horn. The Doctor turned his attention to the princesses. "Right, now then. Hello, I'm the Doctor, and it's a pleasure to meet you Princess Celestia."

She extended her hoof and the Doctor shook it. Luna was still in a small state of shock as she was still trying to figure out what the Doctor was. "Oh it's a pleasure to meet you too Princess Luna."

She did the same as her sister without even thinking. Her mind was for too muddled until she found the ability to speak. "Sister! I'm sorry for being so rude, but what is this thing?"

"Why didn't you hear him Luna? This is the Doctor, and I'm the one who brought him here.”

Author's Note:

Dinner is served with a side of confession next chapter. Like the story if you want regular updates, and follow to keep up with the story, Praise + constructive critism welcome!