• Published 7th Jul 2012
  • 5,863 Views, 217 Comments

Doctor Who: Equestria needs a Doctor - Infinite Carnage



The Doctor lands in the world of Equestria, but he wasn't the only one.

  • ...
18
 217
 5,863

Chapter 3: Welcome to Ponyville

The Doctor felt excited. This used to be a regular feeling for him, but recent events had been clouding his mood. Now he was in a world all about friendship and adventure, and the Doctor was loving it, and he hadn't even left the library yet.

He checked himself over to see if he had everything. All he needed was his jacket, his psychic paper and his sonic screwdriver in case of an emergency, and you never know when an entity like Discord would show up. Normally remembering the fact that nearly everywhere he went, death followed was disheartening, but right now his smile shined brightly as he was about to be introduced to the rest of the Elements of Harmony by Twilight Sparkle herself.

The Doctor looked behind him to see Twilight giving instructions to Spike, most likely telling him his chores and to look after the Library. She was wearing a saddle bag as she approached the Doctor. "Are you ready to go?" she asked.

"May I ask what's in the bag?" The Doctor questioned.

"Oh, I've written a number of notes about your species and a little bit about what you told me about humans. It was so fascinating that I got an idea. I'm going to record the reactions of my friends when they encounter you for a social experiment. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while since I'm studying…"

"Friendship, yeah I read your mind, but what would their reactions help you with?"

"Well, seeing how they react to meeting you could prove to be a valuable friendship lesson to not judge a book by its cover. You know, if you don't mind?"

The Doctor let out a chuckle. He thought to himself Even with everything that's happened to her today, she's still trying to learn more. The Doctor got down on one knee to face her. "Twilight, never change. You are simply brilliant just the way you are" Twilight visibly blushed but smiled. "Right then, shall we be off?" asked the Time Lord.

Twilight nodded her head, "Yes, let’s go. I'm sure after the initial shock wears off, they'll like you just as much as I do. It's funny actually, I seem to already trust you since I've blurted out so much of our history and about myself."

"Oh people and ponies alike tend to do that around me. I always seem to have one of those faces where people can't just stop talking to me."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Nothing important." The Doctor clapped his hands together and rubbed them in earnest, "Right, let's go then, allons-y!" The Doctor was the first one at the door and opened it to the small rural town of Ponyville.


The Time Lord threw open the door and rushed outside to smell the air around him. He took in a long breath and exhaled. "Wow, it smells exactly like I thought it would smell like. Very sweet, though that's probably from the sweet shop and the bakery but it seems to linger around the town. This is brilliant."

The Doctor looked around. There were plenty of ponies in the town but none of them seemed to have noticed him yet. Twilight trotted up next to the Doctor and asked, "Why did you have an idea of what the town smelled like? You said you hadn't been in the town yet."

"Yes, sorry, it was from when I read your mind earlier. I saw fragments of the town and got an idea of what it would smell like. Don't worry, as I said I won't read anyone else's mind without their consent."

The Doctor wondered for a moment how long he could milk the whole mind reading thing and made a mental note to be more careful. However, it appeared that Twilight was still buying the ploy. "Wow mind reading sounds pretty useful."

The Doctor got a good look at the town. He was twice the size of the ponies so he got to see it from a different angle than he normally would when he watched the show. It still relatively looked the same as it did on the show. They were near the town centre and it appeared to be the spring which was the Doctor's favourite season.

Twilight spoke up suddenly. "So since you know who all my friends are now, who would you like to meet first?"

Finally, a pony got a good look at the doctor as she was passing through. She was a bit confused at first. Berry punch rubbed her eyes in astonishment. She poked a mare next to her called Octavia and asked "What is that thing?"

Octavia glanced over to where Berry was pointing. Her jaw nearly hit the floor when she saw it. She couldn’t take her eyes off of the Doctor. Time seemed to stand still as she gazed at his brown eyes, momentarily paralysed. Cloudchaser, a simple pegasus from the weather team happened to be passing by when she caught a glimpse of the creature as well. "Wait, it couldn't be?"

"What?" Berry asked.

"A friend of mine, Question Mark, told me about the Changeling attack at Canterlot…"

"Question Mark? Oh you mean the detective that moved to town."

"Yeah, I think that's a Changeling!"

The town grew deathly silent. Everypony managed to hear Cloudchasers words and all turning towards the direction of the Doctor. They all stared expectantly towards him and the only thing the Doctor could do was do what he always did in this situation. He put on the biggest grin he could and said "Hello! I'm the Doctor."

Without warning, all hell broke loose. A young colt called Button Mash with his mom cried out "Run, Everypony! The Changeling is going to get us all!"

All that could be heard throughout the town at that moment were mad and panicked screams of ponies trying to get away from the 'Dangerous' creature. In the confusion, Octavia was pulled away by a white hoof. Despite the rush and panic, she couldn't take her eyes away from his. Ponies rushed into their shops and houses and before the Doctor or Twilight knew it, they were the only two on the streets of Ponyville.

The town square now looked like a ghost town. The streets were deserted with the litter of what the fleeing ponies left behind. The Doctor couldn't help but scowl at the scene before him as it was somewhat depressing. He could see a familiar female zebra approaching from the edge of town. She stopped when she saw the deserted streets and simply turned around and was grumbling in rhyme to herself about how she couldn't believe that this was still happening. The Doctor made a mental note to say hi later.

The Doctor turned to Twilight, and all she could really do was shrug her shoulders and say "They're all actually pretty friendly, I swear."

The Doctor furrowed his brow and squinted his eyes. He heard a springy kind of sound coming from the distance. It was familiar to him, and when he turned towards the direction of the sound, he saw a pink blur hopping up and down that was coming straight towards him.

Eventually it came close enough to be recognised. It was Pinkie Pie. Twilight greeted her friend "Hey there, Pinkie Pie!"

"Hi Twilight where is every…oooooooooooo"

Pinkie hopped right in front of the Doctor, "Hi there, what are you?"

The Doctor put on his usual grin. "Pleasure to meet you, I'm the Doctor."

"A doctor? Doctor who?"

"Just the Doctor."

"Do you not have a first name?"

"Well I…"

"What are you a doctor of?"

"Um, I'm a doctor of… time I guess."

"You guess? How can you not know what you're a doctor of, silly?"

"No, I'm a doctor of time, It's very nice to meet you Miss Pinkie."

Pinkie Pie paused for a moment. "Are you an alien?"

Both the Doctor and Twilight were surprised by this question, so the Doctor blurted out the first answer that came to his head. "Yes…I mean…"

"Ha-ha I knew it, I knew you were an alien because my tail had that shivering feeling this morning which told me that I was going to run into a new creature today and you look kinda alienish and you wear really strange clothes and…"

Twilight stopped Pinkie before she could go any further. "Sorry, I should explain. I still don't know how it's possible, but Pinkie has some kind of sixth sense which pretty much tells her everything that's going to happen during the day."

The Doctor already knew this, but this time he just quietly nodded and it appeared the pink pony’s curiosity wasn't finished yet. "Where do you live?"

The Doctor decided that honesty would be the best policy this time around. "I live in a blue box called the TARDIS."

"Wow, where is it?"

"At Twilight's library."

The Doctor immediately regretted saying that when he realised he was talking to a pony who had the ability to break the fourth wall.

"So you’re living in a blue box which is inside Twilight’s library."

"Yes, that's right."

"Okay, BYE!"

Before Twilight or the Doctor could say anything else, Pinkie Pie started bouncing back towards the direction from which she came. The Doctor could now make out that she was headed towards Sugarcube Corner, and he sighed in relief when she didn't head off in the direction of his TARDIS.

"Doctor, aren't you worried that Pinkie might try to get into the Tardis?" asked Twilight.

The Doctor laughed a little. "Twilight, that door held out Genghis Khan and all his armies, I doubt a pink pony can get in on her own. So did you get the interaction between us down?"

"I wrote a quick note but it played out exactly how I expected from Pinkie. Her friendly demeanour is the only thing that's predictable about that pony."

The Doctor looked around to see the town was still empty. He sighed and looked down at Twilight. "Well that went well. If the rest of your friends are that friendly, then we should have nothing to…"

The Doctor never got the chance to finish his sentence. He was speared by an object that was just too fast for him to see. The Doctor felt a sharp pain in his stomach as he was carried a couple of feet away from Twilight and thrown painfully onto the ground.He wasn't pinned down, but couldn't get up because of the pain in his stomach. He tried to speak but was slapped in the face as soon as he lifted his head. Then the thing on top of him spoke out.

"Get out of here Twi, I've got this... whatever it is." The Doctor recognised the voice from the show, it was from the same woman who also voiced Applejack. He opened his eyes to see a rainbow mane above him. "Try to hurt my friends huh?! I won't let anypony hurt my pals, you weird monster thing!"

The Pony lifted her hoof to strike him again, but was instead carried away from the Doctor by a force field of magic.

"Rainbow Dash! Why did you do that?" Twilight Sparkle was holding her friend above her helplessly.

The Doctor started to get up but only got to his knees as he grunted in pain. “Well, I suppose I’ve felt worse.” he said dryly.

Rainbow Dash was trying to escape the force field of magic, but to no avail. "What's the deal Twi? I hear all these screams from Ponyville and then I see this weird thing standing above you! he looked like he was about to attack so I saved you!"

"Rainbow, he was not going to attack me. This is my new friend the Doctor, and he's a Time Lord." Twilight stated matter-of-factly.

"Doctor? Doctor Who? And what's a Time Lord?"

The Doctor managed to beat the pain and stand up on two legs. He approached the still floating Rainbow Dash.

"Well first off, it's just the Doctor, and secondly, the Time Lord's are an alien race from another universe that can travel and watch over all of time."

Rainbow Dash looked like she had been told that for her entire life the sky was actually green. She made no sound and had a blank, dead look on her face. "Okay. Twilight, is this 'Time Lord' crazy or something?"

"No Rainbow, he's telling the truth."

"And he wasn't going to attack you?"

"No, he wasn't. He's actually quite friendly once you get to know him."

Twilight safely lowered her friend down to the ground and deactivated the force field. Rainbow brushed herself off while still trying to keep her cool image. The Doctor thought the best way to ease the tension was to do what he always did.

"We’ve gotten off on the wrong foot, or hoof as it were, so let's start again…hello, I'm the Doctor." He extended his hand out to shake her hoof, but Rainbow Dash waved him off.

"Sorry, but hoof shakes so not cool, a hoof bump is much more awesome." She extended her hoof out and the Doctor curled up his hand into a fist and lightly punched her hoof. The Doctor immediately got the sense that he had just done something that most Bronies would have given up their left arms to do. She gave him a nod. "I guess if your Twi's friend then you’re cool. Sorry about attacking you a minute a go."

"Apology accepted. Did you get it down, Twilight?"

He turned to her to see her scribbling something down onto a scroll. "Yep, it was most definitely interesting. By the way Rainbow Dash, this might make a good letter to the Princess about 'judging a book by its cover'." Twilight deadpanned.

Rainbow Dash looked down now seemingly embarrassed. "Yeah, I guess... What are you two doing, anyway?"

"Were introducing the Doctor to everypony. You and pinkie have met him now, so I thought we could go see Rarity next since she's the closest. Is that okay with you, Doctor?"

"No objections from me. How about you, Rainbow Dash? Would you like to come?"

"Sure, I guess I've got nothing better to do anyway."

"Great let's be off then! Allons-y!" With that the Doctor pointed to the direction of Carousel Boutique, which he could see from where he was standing.


Rarity was busy with a dress as she always was. At this time, she was trying to find the colour that would best compliment Aqua in her new ensemble. Business had been relatively slow lately, despite selling a number of dresses to higher up ponies in Canterlot, but it didn't faze her much because most ponies would have bought their Spring outfits by now. Despite it being late in the Spring, she was still making enough sales to get by which was a very good sign.

She shook her head trying to remind herself to get back to work, but as she tried to continue, she suddenly heard the familiar chime of the bell at her door, signifying that she had a customer. She cleared her throat and trotted downstairs. She went into the waiting room and put on her most polite and distinguished voice. "Welcome to Carousel Boutique, how may I help…oh, Twilight and Rainbow Dash. Hello there, and it appears you've brought a friend..." Standing before her were two of the smartest and one of the most loyal ponies she had ever known. The two of them were among her most treasured friends, but they had brought an odd creature to her shop, and he was wearing a really nice outfit. "My, who is your finely dressed friend?"

The Doctor extended his hand for Rarity to shake. "Hello there, I'm the Doctor, and you must be, Rarity. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Rarity extended her hoof and shook his hand. "Likewise, Doctor. I must ask where did you get such a smashing outfit?"

"Oh this, well I just put it together about three Christmases ago and it kind of stuck. I normally wear a blue or brown suit but I opted to go for black today."

"And I must say that I am most surprised how well your brown jacket compliments your black suit. What is that interesting footwear you have on?"

"Oh these? They’re just trainers, nothing special."

"I think they complete the ensemble very nicely."

"You really think so? Wow, I'm getting complimented on my choice of fashion by Rarity. This has been a weird day."

Twilight and Rainbow Dash were standing at the side-lines during the entire conversation. Twilight was busy writing notes in her notebook, but Rainbow was amazed that Rarity hadn't pointed out the elephant in the room.

"Hello! Aren’t you going to ask what he is? Aren’t you even a little curious?"

"Oh Rainbow, that doesn't matter. I was just observing the gentlemen's fine attire, whether he is a pony or not is irrelevant."

Twilight appeared to be satisfied with the notes she had made. "Well this was very interesting. Much better than your reaction, Rainbow."

"Please, don't remind me." Dash said, waving her hoof.

Curiosity had gotten the better of Rarity now. "So what are you exactly? If you do not mind me asking, of course."

"Well to put it simply, I'm an alien creature from an alternate universe called a Time Lord."

Rarity was rather shocked at how blunt he was to her and was even more surprised about what he actually was. It made sense to her as she had never seen anything like the Doctor in Ponyville before but she needed a confirmation.

"Twilight, is he telling the truth?"

Twilight nodded firmly and said, "Were taking him to meet the rest of our friends, and we only have Applejack and Fluttershy left. Would you like to come with us?"

"Of course, Darling. I'm not getting a lot of business this week, so I doubt I'll miss out on any customers today. I would love to get to know your finely dressed friend here a little better."

The Doctor smiled smugly. There was even a tint of blush on his cheeks. Twilight felt that this could easily go to his head so she cut him off before he went into detail about how he arranged his attire further.

"Anyway, Doctor, who would you like to meet next? Applejack and Fluttershy are both an equal distance from each other so the choice is yours."

The choice was simple as the Doctor was awfully thirsty, and he had a certain taste for apple cider…


The Apple family farm was just coming into view over the horizon and the Doctor was going into detail with Rarity about his past outfits. Some she felt weren't very stylish while others she thought were inspired and she told the Doctor that he had just inspired her into making a whole new clothing line.

Twilight wasn't focusing on the conversation as she was busy writing more notes about how well the two of them were getting on with each other. Rainbow Dash was regretting the offer of coming along now as she had to hear the constant drivel about fashion from Rarity. She didn't expect the same from the Doctor, who apparently had an extensively large wardrobe. It was like a constant droning to Rainbow Dash, and she prayed to Celestia that they would find Applejack when they got to the farm, or she might have to see what a direct shot of a sonic rainboom would do to a pony and a Time Lord.

As the four of them looked over the apple orchard, they could see the familiar sight of the blonde-maned orange earth pony kicking apple trees and causing the apples to fall precisely into the baskets below them. Twilight had always thought that Applejack was smarter than she appeared, as she always managed to get the apples in the basket. Maybe there was a hidden math genius behind all that muscle.

It had been a long day for Applejack, and she had just collected the last of the apples on her route through the apple orchard. She placed the baskets on her back and was ready for a ten minute break when she spotted her friends coming over the hill with a weird creature towering over them.

"What in the hay is that?" she whispered softly. As she looked closer, she saw that the creature was certainly not a pony, and with her experience of the changelings and Discord, for all she knew that creature was controlling her friends. She couldn't take any chances. She grabbed the nearest rope that she could find and jumped behind one of the apple trees so that they couldn't spot her.

As the three of them approached the barn, Applejack was suddenly nowhere in sight. Rainbow Dash didn't understand as she only just saw her a second ago.

"Am I crazy everypony or wasn't Applejack just here?"

The Doctor stepped in front of Rainbow Dash so he could take a look around. He could see a clear sign that she was here just a moment ago, because two baskets of apples were just lying on the ground in the middle of the orchard. The Doctor took out his screwdriver and was about to scan the baskets for any unusual energy when he was cut off by an unknown voice near him.

"Ah wouldn't do that, partner."

Before the Doctor could say Derpy, he was grabbed from behind and all his limbs were tied together with him lying on his back. He had been hogtied. The other three ponies were just standing there in awe of Applejack's sudden attack on the Doctor. Applejack put one hoof proudly on her prize and called to the others.

"It's alright girls, Ah got the critter."

Twilight was the first one to speak. "Applejack! Why did you do that?"

"Huh? What do ya mean?" Applejack asked.

"That's the Doctor. He's a friend." Twilight explained.

Applejack looked down at the captured Doctor. She was surprised to see him simply beaming up to her with a smile.

"Hello, I'm the Doctor." He said as if the orange pony had done nothing at all.

"Ah ain’t never seen a Doctor look nothing like you before."

"Yes well, I'm sort of an involuntary visitor to your world. Anyway, it's nice to meet you, Applejack."

"What in the hay is this… thing yakking about?"

Rainbow flew up to the Doctor and started to untie him. In her mind it was a 'sorry for spearing you earlier' apology. She also began to explain to Applejack who he was. "Duh, he's an alien Time Lord from another universe is all, no need to go crazy and tie him up like this, Applejack."

"Come again, Sugarcube?"

The Doctor began to stand up again and dusted himself off. Rarity approached and told Applejack, "It’s true, dear. I've been having the most delightful conversation with him, and from what Twilight has told me, he is definitely an alien."

Applejack wasn't too sure, however as she looked up at the Doctor, he still had that warm welcoming smile on him.

"Well, if you girls say he's okay, then Ah trust ya. Nice to meet ya there partner, the name’s Applejack, and Ah'm mighty sorry fer tying ya’ll up like that." Applejack extended a hoof and the Doctor naturally shook it.

"Apology accepted Applejack. I'm used to sustaining injuries from ponies by now." He laughed.

Twilight gave Applejack a reassuring pat on the back. "We've been introducing him to all of us and the only one left is Fluttershy. Would you like to tag along?"

"Sure… that is, if ya don't mind me tagging along after Ah hogtied ya like that, Doctor."

"No problem, Ah've felt worse today from Rainbow Dash, so it's all good, partner.” The Doctor put on a fake southern accent but the joke seemed to fly over Applejack's head.

"Alright then, let me just tell Big Macintosh and Granny Smith that Ah'm off, and we'll all go ta Fluttershy's." Applejack ran into the farmhouse to tell her family members of her departure.


Fluttershy's cottage stood right at the edge of the Everfree forest. The other ponies had often wondered why Fluttershy would live right at the edge of a place that was meant to be so terrifying, but the Doctor understood. So many different creatures lived in the forest which gave her the chance to look after and love every one of them.

Rainbow Dash seemed to be particularly nervous about the Doctor meeting Fluttershy. She had known her since they were foals and predicted that their meeting would end with Fluttershy suffering a heart attack.

"Hey guys, listen, no offence Doctor, but are you sure it's smart to introduce him to Flutters? I don't think she's going to react very well, I mean, we've all seen her during nightmare night, she'll probably think the Doctor is just another monster like the Changelings."

Twilight nodded her head in agreement. "You're probably right Rainbow, but if we are going to have any hope in finding the source that is keeping the Doctor grounded, we may need all the Elements of Harmony, and that does include Fluttershy."

This didn't fill Rainbow Dash with confidence. The Doctor was nervous too but he was doing a better job at not showing it. He predicted that this would end in one of three ways. One way was that Fluttershy might hit him from the shock of seeing him or run away screaming. Another was that she could suffer a heart attack that would kill her. Or three, she may be too shy to even talk to him at all.

There was no turning back now anyway, as all of them were now standing at the foot of Fluttershy's door. Applejack felt the need to give a final warning.

"Now remember there, Sugarcube, no sudden movements or we might all regret it."

The Doctor was the one to take the initiative and knock on the door to the cottage. The five of them heard a very meek and timid voice come from behind the door.

"Um… just a minute… if you don't mind." They all heard very light footsteps slowly approaching the door and the voice called out again, "Um… who is it?"

"Hey, Fluttershy. It's me, Rainbow Dash, and the girls. We've uh… brought a friend here to meet you."

"Oh, okay. Let me just unlock the door." All of them were prepared for the worst to happen. They heard the click of a door and it was opened by the timid animal lover named Fluttershy. Everyone held their breath as Fluttershy looked directly at the Doctor in front of her. "Excuse me, are you an animal?"

"Well I guess technically I am..."

"My goodness, you can talk! Are you okay? You look very pale."

"Oh no this is my natural skin…"

"Come inside now little one. I'll help you feel better."

Rainbow Dash was taken aback a little. "Little? Fluttershy, he's like twice your size."

Fluttershy wasn't listening to Rainbow Dash though, as she dragged the Doctor into the middle of her cottage and laid him down onto her couch. He didn't fight back at all as he knew how delicate Fluttershy was.

"Now just wait here my little friend, I will be right back with some medicine to help you feel better."

Fluttershy flew off towards her kitchen when the others entered the room to see the Doctor lying on the couch. He decided that since he was now in this position that he might as well get comfortable, but Twilight had other ideas.

"Get up Doctor, we need to explain to her…"

"Okay I'm back. Here is some medicine that should make you feel all better." Fluttershy said sweetly.

Before the Doctor had a chance to reject the offer he had a spoon shoved into his mouth and the vile liquid poured down from it into his throat. The Doctor had only one word for what was just shoved down his throat "Yuck!"

The Doctor thought about all his meetings with the ponies thus far. He had been threatened, beaten up, confused, tied up and now he had bile shoved down his throat. In reality the one good experience he had was when he was complimented on his fashion sense, but it didn't make up for the pain and suffering he'd felt so far, despite how nice they were to him.

When the other ponies ran away from him, that had started his bad mood. He was at first worried that he was going to bring strife to this world. However, it seemed to be the reverse. While the Doctor had been lost in thought, the other ponies had explained to Fluttershy exactly what was going on and she flew back over to the Doctor with an apologetic look on her face.

"Doctor, I am awfully sorry for thinking you were ill and giving you that medicine, I know that it doesn't taste very good."

The Doctor couldn't be upset at her for very long. "No harm done. Anyway why don't we start again. Hello, I'm the Doctor." The two of them shook. "And your name is Fluttershy. Am I correct?"

"Yes, you are, please may I ask you some questions about your race. The Time Lords sound like such interesting animals."

The Doctor was still a little hesitant to talk about his people, but firmly nodded his head none the less. Twilight however, intervened.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, and I'll let you continue in a minute Fluttershy, but since you've now met all the Elements of Harmony Doctor, what do you want to do now?"

The Doctor looked outside and guessed the time was about four o'clock. He knew one thing that would make the others happy. "Well, you've heard about it at this point, so why don't I show you the TARDIS?"

This got a cheer from the others and they all proceeded to leave Fluttershy's home, but the Doctors mood had dropped since the morning.


They were walking through Ponyville and Fluttershy was bombarding the Doctor with questions which he was answering instinctively. He was focused on the fact that it was four twenty in the afternoon and the town was still deserted. He let out small chuckle which caught Rarity’s attention.

"What is so funny?" she inquired.

"Oh nothing, it's just the fact that everyone is still locked up in their homes."

"Oh right… I only faintly heard the commotion but I was too busy with a dress to take notice."

The Doctor couldn't hide his sad look from the Element of Honesty, and she was abrupt as always. "Is that what's bothering ya Sugarcube?"

"Sort of, but I've become accustomed to landing in places and things going wrong. Well, there's the library! Oh, I love this part."

The Doctor suddenly got a spring in his step and ran through the library door while the others followed close behind him. He stopped outside the door to the TARDIS. Rainbow Dash was a little disappointed that it was so small.

"This is it? It's just a blue box! We could onlyl barely fit in there!"

"Oh come now, Rainbow Dash. He did say it was bigger on the inside than the outside" explained Rarity.

"Oh yeah. Wait, how's that possible anyway?"

The Doctor had practically returned to life as he was happily bouncing around his beloved home. "Ladies, this is the TARDIS. It stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space. Its bigger on the inside as it has its own dimension, and with this box I can go anywhere in time and space."

All the ponies, even Twilight who had already been in there, were all at the edge of their seats ready to get a good look of the interior. The Doctor unlocked the door and put his hand on it. "Everypony, welcome to the TARDIS."

As they all rushed in the Doctor was greeted by one of the last things that he expected. Voices. Specifically these voices all shouted in unison "Suprise!"

The Doctor was left in shock; he looked around and saw streamers and a cake that said 'Welcome to Ponyville', party games and a big sign hanging from the two closest pillars to the entrance which also read 'Welcome to Ponyville'. There was a sudden silence as all the ponies looked at the Doctor waiting for him to respond but the look on the Doctors face was that of absolute shock. "How… how did all of you get in here?" Then he heard a familiar springy sound jump right up to him. It was Pinkie Pie. The Doctor couldn't help but smile, "It was you wasn't it, Pinkie?"

"Yep! It was me Mr. Timelord Doctor Sir! I thought to myself that since you were new here that I had to throw you a party to welcome you to town, but I couldn't get into your TARDIS so I had to pick the lock…"

"You managed to break into my TARDIS? Making you one of the only beings to ever do it while others had armies and couldn't do it..." The Doctor deadpanned.

Pinkie smiled. "I suppose it does."

"Okay, please continue." he said, shaking his head.

"So when I broke in I was shocked to see how big it was and I told all the other ponies in town and they all came over and they were shocked and no one could figure it out so we all just decided to throw you a welcome party after I told them how nice you were and how your kind of stranded and that's why we're here."

There were so many things wrong with the situation before him. No one and no pony for that matter had ever broken in by picking the lock. It dumbfounded him. He looked back to the Elements of Harmony behind him and all of them just shrugged their shoulders. The Doctor looked at what was before him again and it appeared the entire town was in his home. He sighed and threw his jacket onto the nearest pillar and just said "Alright then, let’s party!"

With that, all the ponies cheered and everypony joined in with the festivities of welcoming the Doctor to Ponyville. Little did he know that trouble would soon find its way to the doorstep of Twilight Sparkle’s library.

Author's Note:

What will the Doctor do now he is stranded in Equestria?