• Published 19th Mar 2017
  • 1,023 Views, 3 Comments

Nopony will Forget - The One and the Only



Button Mash knows what life would be like if he had died. Time to make things right.

  • ...
3
 3
 1,023

Forget Me Not

Author's Note:

So I was browsing stories when I came over one story about Button Mash. I read it and just LOVED it! I asked the writer if I could make a sequel and he/she said YES! This here is it and if you want to read the prequel go to the description of the story.
Bye!

I woke up early in the morning, ready to start my day and happy that I had a chance to start this day at all. Getting out of bed I hurried downstairs where my mom was already making breakfast, Pancakes.

"Morning hun." She said to me, "Are you feeling better already? That fever you had was quite high last I checked."

Oh crud, how can I get to school and finish the plan I concocted last night if I don't get to school? I thought for a moment before responding, "I'm fine mom...I'm just...uh...a little hot right now." Hopefully my mom wouldn't be able to call my bluff.

The next few seconds went by in a torturous silence before my mom smiled, "Okay then. As long as your sure."

Thank goodness, "I'm sure." I started eating breakfast before the sound of an Albino Wood Owl howling at the moon. Oh wait, that's just my brother yawning. Now the first step in my plan could be started.

"Gibson dear, would you mind taking out the gar..."

"I'll do it mom!" Both Gibson and my mother looked at me like I was nut of some sort. I knew they would react like this so I without a word I stood up and grabbed the trash-bag. I took it outside put it in the larger garbage can outside and trotted back inside. Before I even had a chance to sit down I noticed two statues, one in the kitchen and the other sitting at the table. Since I had finished my meal already I made my way to my room where my schoolbooks were.

To most ponies this wouldn't be that big of a deal, but this was Gibson we're talking about. The garbage was and will probably always be his least favorite chore to do.

Suddenly a voice spoke behind me, "What?" Gibson asked in what I could read as confusion.

I simply ignored the question and continued my trip to my room. I collected my schoolbooks, put them in my bag and came back downstairs. luckily by now my mother and brother had returned to their meals. I began to walk out the door before saying one last thing, "Oh and BTW mom, I'm going to be back home early today, one of our classes is supposed to be canceled, so I can make dinner tonight if you want to relax. K? Bye!" I exited the house and almost skipped the whole way to school.


I got to school in record time and it was only when I saw the clock in the classroom did I realize I was an hour early. The only other person here would be Miss Cheerilee, who happened to be reading something at her desk. That was just what I would need.

"Morning Miss Cheerilee." I said simply as I headed for my desk.

"Good morning Button Ma..." Her voice stopped on it's own and she raised her head to look at me. I sat down in my chair and began studying everything I was going to need to help today.

"Button Mash?"

"Yes Miss Cheerilee?"

My teacher looked at me suspiciously, "What are you doing here so early?"

I moved around in my seat a little nervous doing my best not to seem like I was up to no good, which I wasn't mind you.

"I just uh...wanted to get an early start on the day." I smiled big enough to make my face hurt while still seeming inconspicuous, "...speaking of which, would you mind helping me out with the algebra before class starts? I'm not entirely sure how to go about the whole x+c=d stuff." That was, fortunately, true. I did need help but this had been the first time I had ever actually asked.

Miss Cheerilee paused in confusion for a second. She was most likely contemplated whether or not the book she was reading had put her to sleep and she was dreaming. Miss Cheerilee then smiled and walked over to my desk, "Well...ok Button. Now let's see..."


When more and more students began to file into the room Miss Cheerilee made her way back to her desk. Class began as always but this time I actually paid attention and interacted in answering some of the questions. Soon recess came and I along with the other students went outside. Normally I would whip out my Joyboy and begin playing but that was still in Miss Cheerilee's desk and I had a mission to complete anyways. I wouldn't have played a game even if I had it...well maybe one level.

Anyways, I searched the schoolgrounds in search of a single filly: Sweetie Belle. Yesterday had been a little surreal for the both of us and I had to make it right. I found her along with Applebloom and Scootaloo. I trotted over and greeted them.

"Hey girls. How ya doin?"

Applebloom was the first to reply. She smiled and looked at me, "We're fine. How bout' you?"

"I'm okay. I just needed to ask Swee..." I didn't have a chance to say anything because phase 5 of plans was interrupting phase 4.

"Hey Blank Flanks!" I suppressed a groan and looked behind me as the two infamous bullies of School walked up to the four of us "blank flanks."

Diamond Tierra and her 'bully in training' stopped in front of us, "What are you pathetic excuses for ponies doing right now? Organizing your loser club?" They laughed that laugh that you hear when somepony thinks they're funny and laughs at their own joke. Diamond wasn't finished quite yet however, "...or are you just wanting to get more mad smooches on your colt Sweetie Belle?"

At this the white coated unicorn blushed profusely. Before she Diamond could continue I spoke, "Oh come on Diamond. There's no need to be jealous." This caught everyponies attention. Diamond spoke before the silence could continue.

"Jealous?! Jealous of what?"

"Oh nothing. Just the fact that Sweetie Belle could get a coltfriend and you couldn't." I leaned in and whispered loud enough for everypony to hear, "If you want any advice, I would suggest that dude Snips. He really has the hots for you."

The look on Diamonds blushing face was priceless, she stammered a little before turning tail and running. Silver Spoon soon got the idea and took off in the same direction.

"Whoa." Three fillies behind me finally released the word they were holding during the whole conversation. I decided to interject what I had to say before anything became even more awkward.

"Anyway, Sweetie Belle?"

The filly I addressed spoke hesitantly, "Uh...ye...yes?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to meet me at Sugar Cube Corner after school. Would that be alright?"

Once again, the hesitancy stuck in her voice, "Uh...I...uh...okay."

"Great! See you then. Bye!" I trotted in the other direction. Luckily the timing was perfect and the school bell rang.


I lay in my bed after a hard day of work. After school, in which I got an A+ on the pop-quiz, I had met up with Sweetie Belle as I said I would, got home in time to fix dinner, and finished my homework. I had been greatly productive today and it was the first time I didn't have a nagging need to play my games. I laid in bed as I thought of how I would was going to make tomorrow a day with a colt nopony would forget.

Comments ( 3 )

Button has learned his lesson, now I can see this. Good job, I liked your story :)

8038135 Thanks. I was hoping you'd like it.

i guess this is GG

Login or register to comment