• Published 19th Mar 2017
  • 1,364 Views, 113 Comments

A Certain Magical Friendship - MIRROR_NOISE - Sora2455



The worlds of 'A Certain Magical Index' and 'Friendship is Magic' come in contact once again. Together, they will have to answer the question: are clones people?

  • ...
2
 113
 1,364

Name unknown - villain_APPEARS

“Luna?”

“Five more minutes, Cele.” Luna murmured, shifting one wing over her head to shield herself from annoying sisters.

There was a soft laugh from above, and a gentle push on her shoulders. “Luna.” Celestia’s voice insisted. “We’re nearly there.”

Luna shifted her wing and opened one eye slightly.

It was late afternoon, and the sky-chariot was moving though the air as smoothly as a boat on calm water.

The sight of her sister standing before her, smiling without a care in the world, made Luna wonder for a moment if one of the Nightmare Forces had regained a spine and tried to torment her with visions of things lost to her.

There was a sigh from above, and a hoof was extended down to help her get to her hooves. “Honestly, Luna. I’ve been awake for longer that you have. Just a little longer, okay?”

The sight of Celestia acting like nothing had happened made Luna wonder if the past thousand years had been the dream instead. But as the sky-chariot cleared the clouds, it wasn’t the Castle of the Two Sisters that came into view.

“…is that Canterlot?” Luna asked, recognising the mountain it was on rather than the actual city.

Celestia cleared her throat. “After you… well, left, I moved out of our old castle and built another one here.”

Luna turned back to her sister. “What was wrong with our old castle?”

Celestia fidgeted nervously. “Do you remember why we built it in the Everfree?”

“So that ponies wouldn’t come and bother us all the… oh.”

They had built it to be alone together. Not alone period.

The two pegasi in golden armour dipped down, drawing the sky-chariot down towards the castle below. Luna noted that they were heading for a balcony at the back of the castle, rather than the front entrance that was choked with ponies demanding answers. She let out a grateful sigh. She didn’t feel like dealing with those questions for a while.

The guardsponies slowed to a stop in front of the balcony with a grace that made Luna wonder how many hours they had practised that manoeuvre. Celestia stepped off the sky-chariot, then turned to offer Luna a hoof getting over herself.

Luna flushed with slight indignity, but took the hoof and stepped off herself. The two pegasi took this as their cue to leave, flying off to parts unknown.

“The bedrooms are just ahead.” Celestia promised. “I made sure to retrieve all of your –”

“AND JUST WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!”

Celestia’s mane was momentarily blown of to one side with the force of the scream, and Luna blinked at the third pony waiting for them in the hallway.

Her fur was a light pink, and her mane was a triple-tone cream-pink-blue. She wore a golden tiara, amulet, and shoes. Most importantly, she also had two wings and a horn.

“Ah.” Celestia swallowed nervously. “Hello Cadance.”

“’HELLO’? THAT’S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY TO ME? YOU’VE BEEN MISSING OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH FOR HOURS, THE SUN DIDN’T COME UP, PONIES HAVE BEEN SWARMING ME ASKING WHERE YOU WERE –”

Well, at least Luna knew that the Royal Canterlot Voice hadn’t vanished in her absence.

“Who is this pony, sister?” She asked Celestia when Cadance paused to inhale.

Cadance swallowed whatever she was going to yell next, instead focusing on Luna for the first time. “‘Sister’?”

Celestia nervously cleared her throat. “Cadance, this is your Aunt Luna.”

“‘Aunt’?!” One of Luna’s eyes twitched. Come to think of it, Cadance’s fur looked much like Celestia’s had when she had been young…

“I’m adopted.” Cadance corrected Luna’s thought process curtly. She then turned back to Celestia and resumed screaming. “AUNT LUNA WAS COMING BACK AND YOU DIDN’T BRING ME ALONG? WE COULD HAVE HAD THIS WRAPPED UP HOURS AGO!”

Some bubble of Nightmare Moon’s ego must have remained, because Luna found herself scoffing. “Oh, is that so?”

Cadance glared at Luna, black circles of stress under her eyes. “It is.”

Luna tilted her head, one eyebrow rising. “What would you even have done against the Queen of Eternal Night?”

“I would have made you love Aunt Cele again.” Cadance said matter-of-factly.

Luna waited for the punchline, but Cadance didn’t continue, and Celestia just awkwardly shuffled her forehooves.

Luna leaned slightly to one side to get a better look at Cadance’s Cutie Mark. It was the Crystal Heart.

Luna took one step back from Cadance, thought about it for a second, then took a second one.

Celestia cleared her throat again. “Luna, why don’t you go on ahead? I think that Cadance still has a great many things she would like to say to me.”

“OH YOU BETTER BELIEVE I DO! I HAVEN'T EVEN MENTIONED ALL THE STRESS POOR SHINY’S BEEN UNDER –”

As mildly entertaining as it was to watch Celestia get chewed out, Luna decided to take her sister up on her suggestion. The night had been long, and the next few nights were guaranteed to be even longer. It was best to get some sleep while she could.

It was easy enough to figure out which room was intended for her – it had a crescent moon symbol on the door, and sat across the hall from another door with a symbolised sun. Luna turned the handle with a quick act of magic and walked in.

It was close enough to her old room from the Castle of the Two Sisters. Most of the room was taken up by a huge four-poster bed, with a wardrobe sat on one side and a study desk on the other side, facing the window.

Luna weighed up investigating all the nooks and crannies in the room versus just going to sleep now, and had her decision made for her when a yawn interrupted her pondering. Sleep it was then.

With a flap of her wings and a heave of her back hooves, Luna jumped onto the bed, letting it’s soft plush envelope–

A sharp piece of metal jabbed into her side.

“YEOWCH!” She yelled, jumping right back out of the bed again. She grew a foot taller and her mane darkened several shades before she was able to cancel the automatic transformation. “We are betrayed! An assassin lurks in the castle!” The shock also appeared to have reverted her speech patterns by several centuries.

After a few more moments of cursing and of rubbing the new sore spot on her hide, Luna finally re-approached the bed to find the offending item that had given her such a surprise.

To her surprise, a diary or journal of some kind had been stashed under the covers. The metal lock on the side had been what had jabbed into her.

Luna glared at the offending book. “What is such a tome doing in our room?” The lock shattered after only a moment of Luna forcing it, and the book flopped open on the bed. To her surprise, Luna recognised her sister’s writing style.

Starswirl says he won’t help me. He thinks that if the Elements have made it so, we shouldn’t fight it. Stupid old codger. How is giving Luna a thousand years to stew supposed to help anypony? Looks like I’m on my own.

Luna blinked, before turning the page with a wing.

Something’s preventing me from teleporting directly there, even with a potion of long-jump. I don’t know if it’s something the Elements or Luna did, or if that’s just plain too far to teleport, but it looks like I’m going to have to head up there the old fashioned way.

The entry after that read:

...Starswirl was right. I can’t fly nearly fast or high enough to reach the moon, and my control over it isn’t nearly good enough to bring it closer.

Why is this so hard? I just want to see my sister again, not that thing from my nightmares.

Luna felt a pang of guilt. One of the first things she’d done after being banished to the moon was to hijack the Nyx’s dream-making magic to get into Celestia’s dreams. She’d tormented her with visions of her former self saying that Celestia had abandoned her. Celestia had been able to fight back and burn out the connection with the Magic of Love, so Luna thought that she’d been unaffected by it…

Well, if Starswirl thought I’d give up now, he shouldn’t have shown me his magic mirrors. Seeing the other Luna in the reflected world has given me an idea…

The next few pages were filled with spell notation, but after that…

The mirrors keep breaking when I fire them at the moon. I can’t wrap them in protective spells because their own enchantments are too delicate, but the moon’s atmosphere is too thin to rely on parachutes. I can’t use a free-form portal either, because the alternate Pony of Shadows is still waiting to hijack them!

There has to be a spell that can get me to the moon!

Luna skipped ahead a few pages.

My future self was waiting for me when I ‘skipped ahead’. She told me it wasn’t worth it, and banished me back to my time.

what does she know. She’s already done her waiting.

And beneath that, in considerably fresher ink:

Indeed I have.

Most of the rest of the journal was filled with crossed-out scribbles, desperate ideas that Celestia had had and discarded. The dates between entries showed Luna that Celestia had originally had one serious attempt to reach the moon each week. But as new ideas became rarer and rarer, the dates between entries became further and further apart – weeks apart, then months apart, then years.

The final page of the Journal, dated a little over four hundred years ago, was blank except for one line:

Would the seal break if the Elements were broken?

The paper underneath had never tasted ink, but there were cockled patches underneath it that made Luna quite sure that Celestia had cried onto the page.

“My goodness, Cadance had quite a lungful for me. I really must have worried her something fierce… oh.”

Luna looked up to find Celestia standing in the doorway, her eyes flickering between the journal Luna was reading and her new larger and darker body.

“I’d forgotten that I’d left that in here.” Celestia said quietly.

“Sister…” Luna struggled to find words to explain what she was feeling. Celestia clearly hadn’t destroyed the Elements (otherwise the power of the Tree of Harmony would be broken and the Everfree Forest would currently be spreading across the land unstoppably) but the fact that she’d even considered doing so… “Why?”

“Why?” Celestia looked confused for a moment, then seemed to understand what Luna meant. “Luna, you’re my sister.” Celestia’s mouth assumed the form of a smile that was tired, sad, and triumphant all at the same time. “Of course I’ll do whatever I have to in order to save you.”


“S-sparkle?” Misaka stammered. “W-what are –”

“Oh, so you’re the real one.” Twilight stopped walking and began to charge a spell on her horn. “I’ll get rid of the clone now.”

“Get rid of…?” Misaka repeated blankly, then realisation hit and her eyes widened. “Wait –”

Twilight didn’t wait, firing the anti-clone spell at 9748.

There was the sound of a thunderclap alongside the sizzle of the beam-like spell. A small explosion rang out along the road, kicking up a cloud of dust.

Then a gust of wind blew the smoke away, revealing 9748 still lying on the ground. Misaka was standing over her, her wings bustling with lightning bolts just like the ones she’d just used to intercept the anti-clone spell.

Confusion warred with exhaustion for control of Twilight’s face. “Why did you do that?”

“I said wait!” Misaka said, her fur beginning to make -zap-zap-zap- noises as the bolts stored within it began to surface and rub against each other.

Twilight’s eyes narrowed. “Wait for what?”

“For us to figure out what’s going on!” Misaka yelled.

The twitching in Twilight's eye suddenly become much worse. “I would love to figure out what’s going on. I’ve been trying to figure out what’s going on all day. For some reason, nopony else seemed to care until just now.”

Saten, who’d been standing off to one side with a look of steadily escalating horror, spoke up. <Sparkle…?>

“And it will be a lot easier to see the big picture once I’ve filtered out the meaningless noise!” Twilight’s horn and eyes began to glow a solid purple.

Misaka’s eyes shot open, her wings only just behind them. She wrapped her forehooves around 9748’s shoulders and jumped off the ground, her wings straining with the weight.

Twilight was shifting her aim upwards when Saten suddenly tackled her from the side, causing the anti-clone spell to discharge instead into a fruit stand off to the side of the road. The watermelon hit by the spell suddenly swelled up to three times its original size, before breaking apart into a puff of smoke and a field of shimmering energy that flew off in the general direction of the Everfree Forest.

Saten and Misaka stared at the fruit stand with mouths agape and eyes wide.

Twilight growled unintelligibly, the purple haze of her magic still covering her eyes. She disappeared from under Saten in a flash, reappearing on the roof of a building behind where Misaka was flying.

<Look out!> Saten screamed, and Misaka banked just in time to avoid the spell that flew past on the left.

Twilight disappeared in another flash, and Misaka shot through the air, trailing sparks in her wake. The chase was on.


Touma was really getting sick and tired of being left out of the loop. <Seriously, what’s this about somepony cloning off the Bug-Zapper?> He demanded quietly to Index.

She flicked an ear at him to show she was listening, but didn’t turn her head from watching the others trying to calm down Pinkie. <There’s definitely at least three of them, including the actual Short-Hair.> She explained back, just as quietly.

Touma went pale as he imagined three Misakas, all crackling with electricity and demanding that he face all three of them at once. <What mad-mare would do that?!>

<It probably wasn’t on purpose.> Index shrugged, an action far more noticeable when on all fours. <Nopony’s ever invented a proper cloning spell. The only way to achieve that effect is with the magic of something like the Everfree Forest.> She paused for a second, thinking. <Come to think of it, the Mirror Pool is only a short walk from here…>

<So… Bug-Zapper fell in a magic pool…?>

<Oh, definitely not.> Index refuted immediately. <If she had, her clone would have been a mirror image – the bangs on the left side of Short-Hair’s head would have been on the right side of her clone’s, and vice versa. The clone’s bangs were completely different.>

Touma blinked. <You remember exactly what Bug-Zapper’s bangs look like?>

<I have perfect recall.> Index said, like it was no big deal.

<So, um, is the clone going to disappear when it runs out of magic or something? Turn into smoke or whatever?>

Index turned to give Touma a funny look. <What? No. Building a spell that worked like that would be far more complicated and inefficient. It’s far easier to just create your desired outcome than it is to continuously sustain it in a state of half-existence.>

<…so, Bug-Zapper’s clones are here to stay?>

<Most likely.> Index tilted her head. <The clones didn’t seem like time-clones, and the seal on Chaosville will hold as long as Discord’s does. While it isn’t the Mirror Pool that’s behind this, it probably works in the same way.>

Touma felt the blood drain out of his muzzle, his mental image of three Misakas looming larger, and their zap-zap-zap getting fiercer. <Um, how do ponies normally deal with Mirror Pool clones?>

<They don’t.> Index said bluntly. <It got to be such a big problem that eventually Silvershine Cycles invented a spell to send the clones back to the Mirror Pool.> Index frowned. <That said, she really didn’t think that through. Ponies figured out rather quickly that it didn’t send things back to the Mirror Pool, it just sent them there – it worked even on things that hadn’t come from there in the first place.>

Touma blinked, his triple-Misaka daydream (day-nightmare?) suddenly interrupted by a thought. <Wait, so what stops ponies from using this spell on ponies they don’t like?>

<Nothing.> Index said, again bluntly. <There’s no telling how many ponies are trapped inside the Mirror Pool, unable to be released as nothing can reflect their image.>

<Where did you say this pool was again?>


“Sparkle, please listen to me! Something weird is going on!”

Twilight responded to that request with an inarticulate scream of rage, and Misaka was forced to dive to avoid a trio of anti-clone spells.

She’s completely lost it! Misaka thought.

“Railgun does not understand, Railgun says, confused.” 9748 said in her usual monotone, dangling from Misaka’s grasp.

“Kinda busy here!” Misaka responded, the lightning bolts in her fur standing up as she tried to summon clouds to shield her. Nothing’s responding – did they seriously clear the whole sky?!

“You were unconcerned with Railgun’s well-being before, Railgun points out. Why are you now fighting on my behalf?”

“Seriously? You want to talk about this right now?!”

In a dizzying display of magic, Twilight teleported to five different spots around Misaka in rapid succession, firing an anti-clone spell off each time. All but one of the spells were aimed to miss, but that just made dodging the one aimed to hit extremely dangerous. Misaka was forced to intercept the spells with lightning bolts, which – as a pony – she had a limited supply of.

“Look, I don’t know how to feel about you!” Misaka yelled, diving down between two buildings to limit the angles that Twilight could attack from. “Everything’s been happening so fast today – I haven’t had a chance to sit down and sort out my thoughts! But, if I had to put my feelings into words right now, I guess I’d say…”

Twilight appeared behind the two, as Misaka thought she would. She kicked off the side of the building so that she moved out of the spell’s path, but also so that she flew at Twilight, rather than away from her. Reacting in surprise, Twilight raised a forcefield that the two physically identical pegasi bounced off of, sending them out of the alley and back into the open sky.

“I’m… look, I’m sorry for hurting you.” Misaka said. “I thought you were something you weren’t. Now I don’t know what you are. But I don’t think you should explode for it!”

Misaka banked to avoid a wooden cart that Twilight had telekinetically thrown at them, frantically trying to climb as they were too close to the ground to dive again. The anti-clone spell hidden behind the cart would have hit her if she hadn’t half-expected it, but she was still forced to fire a lightning bolt at it as it was too close to dodge.

“…Railgun’s production value is one thousand eight hundred bits. That is the value of her life, Railgun explains.” The wooden cart just thrown at them casually cost more to make then she did. “Her memories are backed up in the Network, distributed amongst the brains of over ten thousand Sisters. Nothing of value would be lost if she were to –”

“You really think that Satin and the others will be happy with a lame excuse like that?!”

9748 looked up at the Original as she frantically dodged the incoming spells. She didn’t see what that had to do with anything. If they wanted to play with ‘her’ again, any of her sisters would do exactly as well as she would.

The Original was fit, but not overly so. 9748 could see the strain that the high-speed manoeuvring (with the added handicap of carrying a passenger) was taxing her endurance. She had to be nearing her limit already.

This was not a simple game of keep-away. Anything hit by the anti-clone spell would be reduced to a state that could not be considered ‘alive’. And 9748 couldn’t help but note that every time the Original dived to prevent her being hit by the spell, she was, however briefly, putting herself in the path of the spell.

The Original… no, her big sister… was worth more than one thousand eight hundred bits. She could see it in the eyes of her big sister’s friends, when they had gotten the two of them confused.

With a hard yank, 9748 pulled herself out of Misaka’s grasp and began to fall back down towards the earth.

9748 heard a sharp, panicked gasp from her big sister, but her eyes were locked on Twilight Sparkle, who made a growling noise that to 9748’s ears sounded like ‘finally’.

Misaka dived. Twilight fired her anti-clone spell one last time.


As the smoke of the anti-clone spell started to clear away, only one pegasus silhouette could be seen. The purple haze over Twilight’s eyes finally faded, the unicorn panting heavily with the strain of the rapid and sustained spellcasting.

The sound of thudding hoof-beats proceeded Saten as she galloped into the street, Uiharu, Kuroko, Applejack and a strangely wet-eyed Pinkie right behind her. <There! There she is!>

Although not understanding the actual words Satin was saying, Twilight waved them over. “It’s okay! The clone’s gone now!”

She turned back to Misaka, staring with eyes wide and mouth agape at the space her clone had formerly occupied.

“And now that that’s dealt with,” Twilight continued “we can get back to figuring out what’s going on with that portal in the forest!”

Applejack and Pinkie shared an uncertain look, and Saten stepped forward, her mouth opening –

“You are wrong, Railgun says quietly.”

Abruptly, there was complete silence. Everypony’s expressions slowly changed to looks of absolute horror, none more that Kuroko’s, as they all turned to look at ‘Misaka’.

“W-what?” Twilight stammered out.

‘Misaka’s eyes slowly lifted from staring at the ground to staring Twilight in the eyes. “You missed, Railgun says, feeling no desire to elaborate further.”

“’Missed’?” Kuroko said in a shrill voice. “Missed with what?! Where’s Sissy?”

9748 didn’t answer her. She turned her back on the others, snapped her wings open, and flew off; not once looking back.

Not even bothering to teleport, Kuroko simply jumped bodily at Twilight, knocking her to the ground. Kuroko grabbed Twilight’s head with both forehooves, and began to shake her roughly. “WHERE’S SISSY?!”

“She’s… I…” Twilight swallowed, wilting under Kuroko’s increasingly furious gaze. “I was only trying to…”

“ONLY TRYING TO WHAT?! WHERE IS SHE?!”

-snif- “S-something terrible’s just happened, hasn’t it?”

In it’s own way, seeing Pinkie being so out-of-character and sad was almost as freaky as having Kuroko scream in her face.

Applejack put a hoof firmly on Kuroko’s shoulder. “Put ‘er down, sugarcube.”

Kuroko switched her furious gaze to the farmpony. “Not until she tells me where Sissy is!”

“Ah’ll be surprised if she can remember her own name with you shakin’ her like a dog with a chew-toy.” Applejack countered. “Put the mare down.”

Kuroko glared at Applejack for a few more moments before releasing her grip on Twilight, who collapsed to the ground, not even trying to catch herself. She stared directly upwards, the full impact of what she had done fully sinking on.

“Where’s Sissy, Sparkle?!” Kuroko growled.

Twilight’s breath was now coming in short, jagged gasps. “She… she…”

“Yes?” Kuroko pressed.

Suddenly, Twilight’s eyes widened so much that Applejack was worried that her eyes were going to pop out. “The clone!”

“What?” In response, one of Kuroko’s eyebrows suddenly lifted so high it nearly left the confines of her face.

Twilight shot to her hooves. “Which way did the clone go?!” She looked up and down the street frantically for signs of 9748.

“Why?” Kuroko and Applejack said together.

“We can get her back!” Twilight said. “We just need something that will cast Railgun as its reflection!”

“’Back’?!” Kuroko exclaimed. “Where exactly did you send her, Sparkle?!”

“She went that way.” Pinkie pointed, wiping her nose on a foreleg.

“Tha’ way leads back to the forest.” Applejack observed.

“She’s going back to the other side!” Twilight yelped. “Quick, we have to catch her!”

The three Equestrian native mares galloped off, leaving the three Neighpon mares watching them go.

<Um, Stagehand?> Uiharu asked, her and Saten not having understood a word of the whole confrontation. <What’s going on?>

Kuroko narrowed her eyes. <We’re going after them for now.>

Uiharu and Kuroko galloped off in the same direction as the others, leaving just Saten standing in the street.

She took one more fear-filled look up and down the street, the fresh memory of an exploding watermelon large in her thoughts.

<Please be alright, Railgun…> She whimpered, before finally galloping off after everypony else.


9748 couldn’t have had more than a few minutes head-start, but there was no sign of her the whole way back to the hole in the forest floor.

“Wha’ now, Twilight?”

“We have to go after her!”

Six mares jumped into a hole in the Everfree Forest, and six girls flew wildly out of a similar hole in Academy City and collapsed on the ground in a heap.

Soundlessly, Kuroko teleported herself out of the tangle of limbs, reappearing just off to one side. She then stood up and crossed her arms. “Now what, Sparkle?”

Twilight untangled herself from the others the normal way, saying as she did so “Same as before! We have to find Misaka’s clone!”

“Um, girls?” Pinkie said, inspecting the patch of dirt just in front of her face. “Were these tire tracks here when we were here last?”

Twilight span around frantically to look at the tracks in the rapidly fading sunlight. “What? No, no, no!”

<Uiharu.> Kuroko said in a commanding tone of voice.

Without even bothering to get off of the ground, Uiharu had produced a hacked portable video game console from a pocket. Her thumbs made a -click-, -click-, -click- noise as they danced across the controls. <According to the security cameras, Misaka’s clone was picked up just a minute ago by a truck with tinted windows. I’m trying to trace it, but someone’s flagged its metadata as classified… give me a second to bypass the protections.>

<Um.> Saten said, getting up herself. <Wouldn’t that mean that the higher-ups of the city were waiting for someone to arrive here?>

<…> Kuroko narrowed her eyes.

<Got it!> Uiharu announced. <It’s parked in a warehouse not far from here!>

<Great.> Kuroko said, memorising the address and grabbing the back of Twilight’s shirt. “Let’s go, Sparkle.”

“What? Wait –”

Headless of her passenger’s objections, Kuroko flung the two of them into a series of rapid teleports that sent them soaring across the sky.


“Tarnation!” Applejack cursed, as the remaining four girls ran to the location Uiharu had pinpointed. “I got a real bad feeling ‘bout those girls leaving us behind…”

-sniff- “I-I’ve got a worse one.”

Applejack looked behind herself with surprise on her face. “Pinkie? I thought ya were getting better back there!”

“You r-remember how I said that something bad was going to happen?”

“Yeah? That was whatever happened to Misaka, right?”

“T-that’s just it. I don’t think the really bad thing has happened yet.”


Kuroko didn’t bother trying the door of the warehouse, or even landing on the ground. She simply teleported herself and Twilight in through the ceiling.

If Twilight had been thinking clearly, she would have noticed that Kuroko did that without knowing the internal layout of the building. By teleporting in blind, she was running the very real risk of reappearing inside of a solid object. The fact that she was taking such risks meant that she was almost as panicked as Twilight, if not more.

As it happened, though, both girls appeared safely in the third dimension in an unobstructed space. As excepted of a warehouse, most of the space inside was empty. In fact, the shelving units that had been occupying the warehouse all appeared to have been violently shoved against the sides of the warehouse as if by the hands of a giant.

Standing in the middle of the warehouse was an albino Japanese boy wearing grey pants and a black shirt with white jagged lines.

Currently, he was holding 9748 up by the neck.

Her blood-covered neck.

Twilight’s scream and Kuroko’s loud gasp drew the attention of the boy, who turned his head to face the two new arrivals. <Eh? Who’s this? What are you doing in here?>

<What…?> 9748 said, not even having the strength to narrate herself. She weakly lifted her hands up to grab the boy’s hands on her throat. <No, you mustn’t be here…!>

“W-what are you doing?! Get away from her!” Twilight yelled, Kuroko yelling something similar in Japanese. Nails appeared in Kuroko’s hands, and a purple glow encased Twilight’s.

“Alright, alright.” The boy said casually, switching to English. “I was pretty much done playing around with this one anyway.”

There was a series of -crack-s, -pop-s and an overarching wet tearing noise.

Even though they were watching it happen, it still took the two girls several horrified moments to realise that the boy had somehow ripped 9748 in half.

Vertically.

“Now then.” The body said, dropping the two halves, and dusting off his strangely blood-less hands. He turned fully to face the two girls, and even though his posture was slouched, his imposing presence still seemed to fill the whole warehouse.

What the **** do you ****** want?


Far above the clouds, impossible for any of the group to see, Orihime 1 sat in geosynchronous orbit above Academy City. Its cargo, the supercomputer known as Tree Diagram, sat and watched.

And calculated…