• ...
 0
 424

Chapter 3 Setting the Score

Luna stepped out to meet Nightmarity face to face as a breeze blew past them.

"The great and powerful Princess Luna has finally graced us with her presence" Nightmarity started to say.

Luna said nothing but continued to look at her with a pissed off face.

"Do you like what I've done with the place?" Nightmarity asked Luna looking around at some changes she made.

"It ends tonight" Luna said.

"I know it does I've seen it and it will end with you standing over your battered bruised body" Nightmarity said painting a rather peculiar picture of her defeating Luna.

Luna's eyes were laser focused on that monster playing any pony she came in contact with.

"I see you're going to unleash your inner self Nightmare Moon but the question is: are you certain you'll be able to control it?" Nightmarity questioned that Luna bringing out her inner demon was a smart idea.

"Do not worry so much about what I bring , only focus on your chances on winning" Luna retorted smiling.

Nightmarity and Luna charged at her engaging in a deadlock of horns that glowed who will fire first. The queen of shadows fired a magical blast at Luna who used her front hooves to block it and ending up into a house hitting the cabinet before landing on her face. Nightmarity reappeared in front of her.

"This is very well for me" Nightmarity said picking up her enemy and starts punching her in different areas of her body.

Luna coughed blood and bleeding from her mouth, trying to get back in the fight but it was as if Nightmarity's punches were moving too fast for Luna to react.

One last punch knocked Luna to the ground while Nightmarity stands above her.

"Now to make you mine" Nightmarity said licking her sharp canines infused with shadow magic.

Going for a bite on Luna's neck, the lunar princess stopped her with magic and pushed her back outside. Breathing heavily, Luna struggled but eventually got the strength to stand up.

This is going to be harder than I originally thought Luna said in her mind.

Nightmarity got up wiping off blood dripping down from her nose because she hit a tree as she was in that devastating toss by Luna.

"I must say Luna I am very impressed by your sheer willpower to keep going. That's where your luck will run out on you" Nightmarity said readying her magic.

"I won't lose to you" Luna proclaimed.

Both stared at one another before closing again with Luna still getting hit out of nowhere and into houses before skidding on the ground.

Nightmarity walked over and tossed Luna into the air before she reappeared behind her but flipped her upside down by the legs, holding the chest. She did a free fall drop with an insane amount of velocity and power.

Celestia eventually crawled out to suddenly hear a loud thud that shook the ground.

What she saw horrified her, she saw Luna's body not moving after being dropped from 100ft in the air courtesy of Nightmarity.

"LUNA!" Celestia called out, crawled over to her sister, and cried on her chest.

Luna woke up floating in water with Nightmare Moon standing over her. "Luna dear you know you can't stop Nightmarity without my help. This is something different but now let me take control for the next part" she explained.

The lunar princess' bones started coming back and she stood upright and a straight right hoof to Nightmarity's face hard that sent her flying into a concrete wall.

Her eyes turned slit blue and her coat turned darker along with the half crescent moon cutie mark.

"What on earth is this?" Nightmarity was baffled while at the same time assessing her current wound.

Luna stared at the queen of shadows and dark generosity very closely as all her wounds became non existent as if they were never there.

What is this sudden power boost I am starting to feel

Her thoughts were interrupted with a claw grabbing Nightmarity and pulled her into a teeth shattering punch to the face, making Rarity flip for a few times before ending up on the concrete gravel very hard.

"Damn you Luna" Nightmarity cursed at Luna.

"You have brought this on yourself Rarity so now you must pay for your crimes against Ponyville" Luna said walking up to her ready to finish her off.

Nightmarity planted some spikes to impale Luna and it seemed to work but then Luna pulled herself out and landed perfectly as the wound healed quickly.

"How is this possible?" Nightmarity asked in disbelief at what was going on.

Luna took a piece of a spike then threw it at Nightmarity's front hoof that attached to a brick wall.

Nightmarity tried to remove it but was unsuccessful as Luna walked closer, her mane flowing in the gentle breeze and eyes focused on the task currently.

"Luna what the hell do you think you are?!?" Nightmarity demanded.

"I am the one mare you wished you never met again because I can make nightmares come true" Luna explained who she was.

Nightmarity caused a shockwave making Luna back up some as she freed herself from her own spike trap. Luna still had that blank emotionless face staring back at Rarity who gritted her teeth.

"I thought the same thing not too long ago but a wise mare happen to steer me in a brighter future" Luna started looking at her sister.

Celestia smiled with tears of joy flowing down her face.

"No pony has ever taught me about friendship more than my sister Celestia and now I'm not going to let her down" Luna proclaimed.

Nightmarity had a flash of what her life with the friends she made and how she enjoyed everyday despite hardships. She smirked and went to punch Luna but again she stopped it with magic.

"Have you learned nothing?" Luna asked sharply.

"You are not going to stop me from achieving my goal of an Eternal Night" Nightmarity wanted to do this without interruption from Princess Luna.

"I cannot let that happen" Luna said uppercutting her before punching Rarity in the stomach hard breaking a couple of ribs.

She coughed up a lot of blood considering that now she was internally bleeding.

Damn I have to end this quickly or this won't end well for me Nightmarity thought contemplating a plan.

Luna walked up but chains stopped her. "What is the meaning of this? Release me this instant and maybe I won't peel you like a banana" Luna threatened.

"No can do Princess I have to keep you there for my big finale to end you" Nightmarity said acting crazy.

She flew up and activated a ball of energy the size of Saturn and Jupiter fused together. Luna stared at it wide eyed as Rarity tossed it down to have it seal the lunar princesses fate. Celestia used her body to take the blunt of Rarity's attack causing a huge explosion; Celestia breathed heavily with smoke rising from her before looking at her sister.

"I don't know what just happened...my body just moved on its own...I'm sorry Luna" Celestia said before passing out face first on the ground smiling.

Luna was in shock and agony as she screamed Tia's name up in the heavens. This was the pony who changed her from being a monster into one of Tia's most precious sisters in Equestria and she sacrificed herself to save her. Luna became encased as a blue aura surrounded her, Nightmarity watched in amusement to see what sad attempt at redemption for Celestia. The aura grew stronger with every once of anger Luna had for her adversary.

"You took the one beacon of hope I had....I will NEVER FORGIVE YOU!" Luna shouted.

Nightmarity fired a blast but it bounced off Luna like light reflecting off a mirror. "What?!?" Nightmarity asked not believing what's going on here.

A sharp kick in the teeth made her come crashing into the ground super hard enough to cause a crater. Broken bones is all Nightmarity had along with Luna stomping on one hind leg severing the bone, making Rarity howl in pain.

"The pain you use to on other ponies I will inflict on you" Luna said, grabbing her by the neck and twisted it 180 degrees until blood sprayed out of it.

Luna dropped the body with ease into a ditch somewhere it could never be seen again. She looked over at Celestia and checked her pulse.

"Good she's still breathing so the only thing I need to do is get you to the hospital" Luna said carrying Celestia on her back.

Luna was not about to let her sister die.