• Published 14th Mar 2017
  • 8,255 Views, 1,284 Comments

Mother X: Father - Tatsurou



Giegue finds solace from madness raising a filly Moon Dancer...unwittingly laying the path for his own salvation.

  • ...
20
 1,284
 8,255

PreviousChapters Next
Splash

Moondancer glanced up at Giegue worriedly. Are you sure I'm ready Dad? she asked in clear thought-form, the structure now concise and straight forward. You told me this was really advanced...

Giegue smiled down at his daughter. "It will be alright," he reassured her. "You won't be going in alone. I'll be right with you every step of the way. Besides, you need to take this step if you're to understand what my project means, so you can help me with it."

Moondancer nodded slowly. "A-alright," she managed, putting strength behind her thought voice so it was momentarily audible. I'll do it.

Giegue gently stroked her cheek with one tendril. "That's my brave girl," he praised softly.

I don't really mean it.

I do mean it.

I'm only saying whatever gets her cooperation.

I'm telling her what she needs to hear for her sake.

That's not the same as meaning it.

It's close enough.

Will she think so once she's inside?

Giegue carefully suppressed those thought voices within his mind. He wasn't certain what part of his mind they came from anymore, but he knew he didn't want Moondancer to see them on this trip. "Alright, Moondancer...close your eyes, open your mind. Feel the door I open to you, and step through." He watched as Moondancer closed her eyes, sinking into her mind and leaving her body. Once he saw her approaching him in the mental fields, he slipped into his own mind and opened the door to his Magicant.

As Moondancer entered, she stared around at her surroundings. Pale white paths intertwined as they flowed off into the distance. Clouds of different colors floated around, kept away from the main paths by walls of will. Spire tendrils created warps that linked bits of the white landscape together across vast distances, and only very few figures scattered around in the far distance. "It's...so empty," she offered, her voice concerned.

"A truly disciplined mind controls its Magicant absolutely," Giegue explained. "As a Geeg, I keep my mind disciplined, so as to preserve pure logical thought."

"Then the clouds are your emotions?" Moondancer asked curiously. "Is that why they have color?"

Up above, a golden cloud flared briefly. Atta girl...

"That was pride," Giegue confirmed. "You grasp these concepts, as you have all others I've presented to you, most swiftly. This is very good."

Moondancer blushed with pleasure at the praise. However, her eyes were caught by a red and blue cloud that seemed to be clashing. "That's...should that be happening?" she asked worriedly.

Giegue sighed softly. "That is something I will simply have to deal with," he explained calmly. "For now, do not concern yourself with it-"

"But I am concerned," Moondancer insisted. She pointed to the red and null-light swirls within the red cloud. "Those don't look like natural thought-forms...or evocatives."

The yellow cloud pulsed again at her proper use of the term for thought-forms based purely in emotion, though the pulse was subdued by the blaze of red light from the red cloud as the swirls were called to attention. N...A...L...T... The four swirls named themselves as they struggled to drive the red cloud to consume Giegue's mind. Resolutely, he turned his attention away from it. "Come, there is someone I want you to meet."

Nodding, Moondancer slowly floated after Giegue along the white path, hopping into a warp here and there as he directed. Much to Giegue's dismay, however, Moondancer paused as they passed a part of the path that was badly fractured, as though a fundamental part of the structure of that part of the land had been ruthlessly torn out. "W...what happened here?" Moondancer whimpered softly.

Giegue closed his eyes even within his mind, not even wanting to see the image that appeared over the broken land, of the Geeg whose mind had been so intertwined with his-

-until she betrayed-

-until I drove her away-

-until she was gone. "...Cerue..." he murmured softly, not even entirely aware he had said it loud enough that Moondancer heard, or that the thought-form carried so much of the conflicting emotions and thoughts that surrounded that entity.

"...Dad?" Moondancer asked worriedly.

"...the most important, self-defining, most...sacred thing a Geeg can say about themselves and another Geeg...is We are," Giegue explained softly. The thought-forms did not translate well into any spoken language, as they carried with them a sense of oneness, a sense of singularity, of two minds - two souls - melded to the point it was impossible for an outside observer to draw the line where one ended and the other began...and to the point that the two so melded didn't want to draw the line themselves.

"And...you and...Cerue?" Moondancer asked softly.

"...We were..." The overtones of betrayal, of eternal wounding, of a bond forever shattered...it made Giegue physically sick to even vocalize it. He could only hope that Moondancer wasn't advanced enough to grasp it-

Moondancer nuzzled against Giegue, doing her best to comfort him. "I'm sorry..."

"Why are you sorry?" Giegue asked in confusion. "It had nothing to do with you-"

"I'm sorry I brought it up and made you relive it," Moondancer explained. "I'm sorry I made you hurt again."

Giegue shivered. Somehow, those words shot straight to the core of his being, and he saw the red cloud weaken even as the Swirls strengthened. He felt there was something significant there, a key he had searched for if only he could grasp it. Despite his best efforts, it continued to elude him in the moment. "...come," he said finally. "He is this way."

Moondancer nodded, once more floating at his side as he moved to a more stable - for the moment - portion of his Magicant. Waiting for them there in his ball cap and striped shirt was Niiue, who smiled at them as they approached. "I finally get to meet her face to face?" he asked softly, moving towards the filly.

To Giegue's surprise, Moondancer moved easily to Niiue's side, showing no hesitation or fear. "Why are there two of you, Daddy?" she asked curiously.

"Giegue's mind is fractured," Niiue explained simply. "To preserve the undamaged portions, they have become bundled up in the two of us. I am Niiue."

"And should the fracturing become complete, and I am unable to continue caring for you...Niiue will watch over you in my stead," Giegue explained.

"Then you'll always take care of me?" Moondancer asked softly. "I'll always have Daddy with me?"

"Yes," Niiue responded readily.

After a time, Giegue nodded agreement.

Lie...you cannot know...you cannot promise...

...

PreviousChapters Next