• Published 8th Aug 2017
  • 1,165 Views, 17 Comments

A-V-W - Twisted Brew



When law and order finds itself twisted into a war between morals and gratification, two hidden societies will make themselves known.

  • ...
5
 17
 1,165

Prologue (TW0 S1D3S)

They say that there are two sides to every story. The honesty in that statement couldn't be more obvious if it were imprinted on a shovel, being bashed against it's hopeless victim's skull. Whether you notice it or not; We all strive for the same thing as we live our day to day lives. We seek comfort, security and peace. We try to shape the world we live in, in an attempt to mold perfection. We strive to create a utopia! And what stops us from achieving this goal? Those who are willing to lie, cheat, and steal! These actions strip us of our right to create a perfect world. The problem with that is; Those willing to carry out those actions have the same goal. They seek peace, as you do. They seek comfort, as you do. They fight to improve their own lives, to create their own utopia. As unorthodox as this may seem, it's the only life they know. This is the only way these people can see their future becoming brighter Behaving in such a way is simply in our nature, we do what we do to feel comfortable in the world we live in. We fight to both better, and create a brighter future, for ourselves. It is this desire that creates ignorance and makes you blind to what you're doing to those around you.

In your eyes, you're doing everything you can to survive. But, in the eyes of others, you're no better than the lowest scum of the earth. When you don't measure up to the expectations of others, you are seen as inadequate, useless, disposable. Then we choose to hate those who are different, those who stand out against what we depict as 'The Social Norm'. But, at the same time, we cry out to others for acceptance. It is this ignorance that prevents us from creating a perfect world. We seek diversity to keep things new and fresh, then we shun it because we blindly follow our nature to hate those that are different. It is our diversity that causes us to have separate opinions on what could be seen as the perfect world. We need diversity to continue advancing, to make the world better. Yet we despise it, because we feel compelled to lash out at those who's opinions differ from our own.

This is what makes the world beautiful. This is what makes the world disgusting. Different people with different insights and point of views help us move forward. Different people with separate mindsets drive us up the wall, they slow us down because they simply aren't good enough. Their opinions are not the same as ours, therefore, they are irrelevant. Diversity can both create and destroy. It can bring us together and tear us apart at the same time. And when it tears us apart, we are split into two. One side will see itself as what is right and fair for a just world. They will look over to the other side with disdain, seeing them as what is wrong with the world. They will see them as the beasts of society, the evil that dwells within. While this is happening, the opposing side sees things the same way, only backward. It is this shared opinion among those groups that causes them to hate.

Just as there are two sides to every coin, there are two sides to every story. There will always be one that is seen as good, and one that is seen as bad. Your opinion on the matter though can vary, depending on both who you are and what your view of a perfect world would be. And that's where diversity rears its noble, yet ugly, head once again. Diversity can help us move forward, but it can also hold us back. What one side deems as divine, the other deems as blaspheme. When one side cries for redemption, the other screams for justice. What one side sees as justice, the other sees as barbaric.

Where one side will see good, the other will see evil. There will always be two sides. Just as there will always be diversity. They see things differently, but strive for the same goal; To create a perfect world. But how can there be a perfect world when so many are so different? When nature keeps you from seeing the light by blinding you with your own ignorance? You choose to be this way, yet you claim that it's not your fault. Some can't help the way they think, but rather than fighting to be better they choose to remain blind to their own imperfections. But, how can one see perfection if they are simply blinded by nature. This is all they know, it's not their fault. Another excuse to be lazy, to keep yourself hidden in the darkness in hopes that no one will find you. You stay locked away in your safe space, unknowing to the presence that watches you.

There are those who see.

There are those who watch.

Protecting the innocent is what we do.

We punish the guilty!

We take those unworthy of society and let justice run its course.

There are true monsters in this world; We. Are. Their. Consequence!

WE work to keep life civil and simple, seeking justice on those who are deserving.

WE don't let them make the same mistake twice!

They are monsters, they break the laws in order to create their own version of a perfect world.

They are cowards, giving the scum of the earth free reign. They are destroying what could be a perfect world!

The innocent deserve justice.

The innocent shouldn't be suffering to begin with!

The guilty will be given a trial and justice will prevail.

And if the guilty get away with their crimes, what then?

We must have faith in the system and the community that makes that system.

The system is filled with the deserving! Corruption is never-ending and the wicked prevail because you let them get away!

We do what we must to keep order and make the world safe.

And letting these foul creatures roam the land is keeping order!?

We will keep the world safe by enforcing the laws we swore to uphold when we came to this land. The innocent will be protected and the guilty will be punished.

We protect this world by showing the guilty the error of their ways and eliminating those who deserve it!

The guilty will see justice.

The guilty will perish!

There are two sides to every story. Both fight for what they believe in. Both seek a perfect world. There will always be good and there will always be evil. Now, you must ask yourself; Which one is which? Who is good; who is evil? There are those who will disagree with your opinion. Two sides to every story. Diversity is the key component to all things good and all things malevolent. But, who is who?


Celestia stared down at the ponies in her courtroom; More specifically, Happy Trails, the pony on trial. He was the oldest at thirty-seven, his coat being a shade of brown lighter than his mane. The look on Celestia's face was nothing short of bliss for this criminal. Several weeks ago he had been accused of distributing child pornography. The evidence against him was great, enough to put him away for the rest of his life. For a moment, Happy Trails had lost hope. However, his lawyer found something that turned the case on him around.

It would seem that some of the evidence being used against him was acquired illegally. Once his lawyer had gotten wind of that, the case plummeted. Despite being guilty of the accusations made against him, they could not lock him up due to the methods used to acquire this information.

Celestia closed her eyes, her shame showing through her expression. This kind of ruling hurt her deeply, but she had no choice. If she were to enforce the laws that have kept this country at peace for so long, she herself must obey them as well. With a heavy heart, her eyes opened and she decreed, "Happy Trails, you are free to leave."

The courtroom became filled with audible gasps of shock. Among the ponies, whispers were passed around as Happy Trails stepped down from the pedestal with a wicked smile on his face. As he left the castle, the eyes of his peers followed close behind. Once he was gone though, their gazes fell upon their regal ruler.

In an instant their frustration with the end result became known, their voices erupting from every direction. Not a single one of them was pleased with this trial's outcome. The displeasure of the community did not fall upon deaf ears. Celestia listened to every harsh word being thrown at her, sharing the crowd's disappointment.

She did not want to let Happy Trails go free; He was a fiend, a menace to society. However, while she did have the power, she could not abuse it. The laws of this land existed for a reason, and if she did not follow those laws then she'd be no better than a common criminal. While the jury continued to vocalize their discontent, Celestia took it upon herself to exit the courtroom.

A short walk may be what she needs to clear her mind, she thought. Before she could make it more than a few feet, she realized that her stress levels were not about to receive the break they desperately needed. There to meet her was the recently returned princess of the night, her sister, Princess Luna. The night princess blocked Celestia's path, staring her down with eyes that could crush those lesser than her.

"How could you do it?" Luna asked as her sister came to a stop, refusing to meet her gaze. "You had everything you needed to lock up that malevolent soul, yet he walks free." Her words cut deep and her eyes burned with a fury that only she could muster. "How!?"

Celestia struggled to reply, but in her mind, the ruling wasn't her fault. "Happy Trails' lawyer found out about the evidence." She finally spoke, "Had the source of the knowledge we collected remained hidden, we could have put him away for life." She sighed, knowing that her own laws had beaten her. "There was simply nothing we could do."

"You could have made the call!" Luna snapped, having become fed up with this kind of treatment for the scum that roamed these lands. "Back in the olden days, he would have been hung or beheaded on the spot. Letting a pony like that back out on to the streets goes against even the bleakest of moral codes!"

"Times are different, Luna!' She explained with a stern tone. "We are not as we used to be. Ponies would allow no such thing in this time." Celestia looked up to meet her sister's gaze, rivaling it with one of her own. "Morals or no, if we do not obey the laws we made then we are no better than them."

Luna took a breath to calm herself, "You're my sister, Tia. And I love you more than anything." She shared honestly, letting her elder sister know that her reaction was not purely out of spite before reverting back to her unforgiving tone. "But you're a coward. You're too soft on our subjects." She continued, "They deserve to live in peace; But how can you expect them to live on, knowing that creatures like Happy are out there prowling the streets?"

"Please, sister." Celestia all but begged, "Have faith in me and the justice system. Happy will get what's coming to him."

There was a moment of silence as the night princess weighed her options. "No!" She said in a firm tone, her voice being powerful enough to command the very elements around her. "Your resources have failed for the last time, Tia." The area around them grew colder as Luna's anger seemed to rise. "I will not let this pony get away like the others, he will be punished." Luna turned her back to Celestia and trotted at a slow pace toward the night wing of the castle.

Celestia became alert her eyes widening in panic. "Luna, you cannot mean-"

"But I do!" Luna shot back as she came to a stop, her head angling itself toward the sun goddess. "They are the only one's that truly seem to care for our land and the safety of our subjects. Had you, then you would have made the right decision in the first place."

"They are monsters, Luna!' Celestia shouted back just as her sister was about to continue her departure. "They were hurting our subjects, how can you-"

Luna vanished from sight in a flash, reappearing not even seconds later in front of Celestia. Her expression was the very definition of rage as a newfound fire sparked and roared its way through her body. "And the pony you set free hasn't!?" She snapped, her voice nothing short of horrifying to her elder sister. "They punished those who deserved, they brought true justice to those helpless victims while you keep setting free those who caused such pain!"

Celestia drew back some, never before had she seen her sister so passionate about anything in her entire life. Luna visibly relaxed, but barely. "So tell me, Tia." She began, her older sister's attention unwavering. "If you were to look at this from an outside perspective; Who would you see as the monster?"

This question left the sun goddess stunned silent. If she were being honest, she would find her own actions disgraceful in the eyes of those who are suffering. However, she could never side with the alternative justice system that Luna seemed so eager to promote.

Luna didn't give her sister a chance to answer as she continued her departure to the night wing, stopping one last time to say only this. "I am releasing them of their chains, Tia. I am aware of your reluctance and your arguments, but I cannot allow any more pain to come to our subjects." And with that, Luna teleported away, leaving Celestia alone with her thoughts.

Or so she thought.

Celestia could practically feel the eyes on her back just a short distance away from her. She glanced back, spotting a pony donning a black suit, complete with a white dress shirt and a black tie. Covering his face was but a simple white mask, consisting of pink cheeks, a pencil thin mustache, and a long soul patch.

The only actual features of this pony to be seen was the white fur at the end of it's hooves and its bright yellow mane. "Princess," It began in an electronic sounding voice, "Shall I inform him of this upcoming issue?"

Celestia sighed deeply, her disappointment being heavy enough to be heard in her breath. "It seems we have no other choice." She said in a defeated tone. "He must know if we are to keep them from reigning chaos on this land." She turned to face the mysterious pony completely, giving an affirmative nod to it. "Notify him at once of their return, we must do everything we can to keep our justice system intact and prove that our way is better."

The pony bowed before turning its head to the side. "We will see to it that justice continues to run its course as it was meant to." The pony nodded its head. Another pony, dressed nearly identical to the one speaking to the princess, stepped out from the shadows, returning the gesture as it teleported out of sight. "Let us handle it from here, princess. Have faith in us and all shall be well."


The night was young and Happy was ready to go out and enjoy his newfound sense of freedom. Earlier that day he was a mere pony staring Celestia in the face, about to become another slab of meat in the dungeon for his crimes. Now; He walks through his small home with vigor and enthusiasm. He had committed a terrible crime and walked away without so much as a slap on the hoof.

It was almost too good to be true; But, as they say, you should never look a gift horse in the mouth. After a bit of self-pampering, he was ready for a night out on the town.

Happy merrily made his way to the front door, opening it with closed eyes and taking in a long breath through his nose, savoring the scent of the cool night air. He exhaled deeply, opening his eyes. What he saw upon becoming reacquainted with his sight was nothing short of bizarre.

Standing before him was a stallion; and an odd one at that. He was wearing a fine black suit, complete with a white dress shirt and a tie. He would have assumed it was a solicitor at first glance, but it was far too late to be selling anything. Not only that, but he couldn't see the stallions face. Aside from his well-combed yellow mane, no further facial features could be made out. His face was completely covered by an odd white mask, complete with pink cheeks, a very thin mustache, and a goatee.

He stared at this pony with wide, confused eyes for nearly a minute before it spoke to him in an electronic sounding voice. "Greetings, Mr. Trails; May I come in?"

Happy shook his head to pull himself out of whatever hypnotic-like state he was in. "What? No!" He replied in an agitated tone. "Get the hell off of my property!"

"Please Mr. Trails, this is a matter of utmost importance." The mysterious stallion argued calmly. "Your safety may very-well be at risk. I urge you to reconsider."

Having just gotten off trial earlier today, this kind of news was very disheartening. Paranoia quickly began to overtake the joy he felt earlier. Taking a more offensive stance, he leaned his head closer to the mysterious pony. "Is that a threat?"

The pony nodded, "I assure you, Mr Trails; This is anything but..." He answered honestly. "This is a warning; There are those who would wish to do you harm. My aim is merely to help, but I cannot do that unless you allow me into your home."

This situation wasn't entirely believable, for all he knew this could be some oddly-crafted attempt at a robbery. Or perhaps this stallion was the one who wanted to hurt him. Before he could answer, he heard a commotion coming from upstairs. It sounded like somepony was up there.

He quickly turned his attention back to the stallion at his door. "Who is in my house?" He asked with a fair amount of venom in his words. "What do you want!?"

"If you do not let me in, then I cannot protect you from them." He replied bluntly.

Happy looked back, hearing the hoof-steps beginning to make their way to his staircase. In a fit of panic, he grabbed the mystery pony by his tie and pulled him into his home, slamming the door and locking it behind him. As he went to face the pony he forced into his house, he was met with another odd sight. The pony he pulled in was standing at the end of his staircase, looking up towards the top.

Curiously, Happy made his way over to the pony, following his gaze to the upstairs. Not even at the halfway point, there was a pony standing there; Still as a corpse, it merely stood and stared at them. He couldn't make out too many of its features, aside from being dressed in dark clothing and wearing a mask.

Unlike the stallion beside him though, this mask appeared to be metallic. Its eyes were glowing a dark orange color, as was its mouth, just barely piercing the surrounding darkness.

Happy angled his head back at the suited pony, who was glaring at the pony on the stairs with narrowed eyes. Turning his attention back to the intruder, he watched as it began to walk backwards, moving up the stairs and away from them until it was completely hidden in darkness.

The overwhelming nature of what was happening was beginning to tear away at Happy's mind. He was starting to become afraid. "What's happening?" He asked, turning back to the suited pony. "Who was that?"

The pony moved his attention to happy, looking into the scared stallions eyes. "Who they are is irrelevant."

"They?"

"We do not have time." He began, ignoring Happy's questioning word. "It is imperative that you listen to my instructions and follow them through without hesitation or resistance." He explained, glancing back to the staircase for a moment to make sure the pony from earlier wasn't returning. "If you do not, then I can no longer keep them from you."

Happy was playing out several scenarios in his head, trying to think of a way out of this mess; None of which ended well. If he wanted out of this, he'd have to listen to this mystery pony. "What do I have to do?"

"Turn yourself in." He answered, making Happy's eyes widen. "Go to the police, confess what you've done, and face justice."

"Are you crazy!?" Happy snapped, "I'm not going to the police, I'm not going to turn myself in, and I'm sure as hell not going to jail!"

"Justice is your only solace." The suited pony continued. "If you refuse to comply and do not carry out my orders, then I will be forced to leave you to them. I cannot protect you if you do not comply."

"Buck!" He screamed, wondering how this could be happening. Is this karma? Has the universe sent these ponies to punish him for his crimes? Is there a way out? He thought hard about what to do. He could agree to turn himself in and rot in a cell, or he could refuse and be left with whoever else was waiting for him.

His ignorance soon got the better of him, blinding him of the possibilities that could unfold given his decision. "I am NOT going to jail..." In that moment, Happy was upon the suited stallion, ringing his neck with his hooves. "You're going to make them leave right now! I'll kill you otherwise!"

The suited pony struggled beneath Happy, trying desperately to break free from his grasp. His struggles were in vain though, he was not prepared nor trained for physical altercations.

It had become quite obvious that he had failed in his mission, giving some rather eager bystanders the green light to intervene. Several windows could be heard shattering from all around the house. Happy barely had a chance to look up before he was grabbed by two ponies and forced off of his victim.

Happy was pushed back, the two ponies who had jumped him holding his front hooves above his head and pressing his back flush against a nearby wall. Screaming and cursing at the ponies, he struggled to break free, only to find that they were far more physically capable than the pony he attacked. No matter what he did, no matter how much he fought, he simply could not escape them.

Running out of steam, he was forced to stop and catch his breath. With his energy drained, he was then forced to take in the surrounding ponies. There were at least six of them, not including the suited pony, standing around him. All were dressed similarly, wearing long dark coats that covered their bodies with a hood over their heads that barely covered their metallic masked faces.

Once again, fear began to take hold. He started struggling again, this time out of desperation. "Okay, Okay! I'm sorry! I'll comply!" He pleaded, tears starting to fill his eyes. "I'll turn myself in, I'll serve my time! Just please, let me go."

"I'm afraid it's far too late for that." One of the intruders informed, their eyes and mouth glowing brighter as they spoke. It's voice was electronic as well, but the tone it carried gave it a much more threatening impact. "You had your chance and you squandered it, just as you've squandered the very life you live." This particular intruder walked over to the suited pony, looking down at him and watching as he got back to his hooves. "It would seem that your way has failed again." The suited stallion didn't respond and kept his gaze to the floor. "As per the agreement, your jurisdiction here has come to an end. Be sure to inform your boss that his version of justice continues to bleed impotence."

Keeping his sights to the ground, the suited pony turns away and trots to the door. He stops just as he is about to exit, looking back at the scared Happy Trails with sad eyes before making his way outside. Happy can barely react, his fear keeping him in a statue-like state as the intruders start to close in around him.

"Look upon us, Happy." One speaks, earning the trapped stallion's attention. "Now tell us; How does it feel to be the victim? How does it feel to no longer be in control?"

Happy started struggling again, taking a much more aggressive tone. "Buck off! You don't know anything about me!"

"On the contrary, Mr. Trails." The intruder continues, "We know you all too well. So answer me this; How does it feel being surrounded by ponies who know not only who you are, but what you are?" It asked, continuing when Happy doesn't respond. "In a perfect world, demons like you do not exist." It says, one of the others picking up where they left off shortly after.

"In order for the innocent to be protected, ponies like you simply cannot be allowed to roam."

Another one continues, "To bring order back to Equestria, we must deal with the vile, the evil, and the deserving."

The pattern ensues as another speaks afterward. "Ponies like you must face judgement and be punished."

One of the ponies holding him then speaks. "We are not your light in the darkness, we do not give second chances, we do not offer redemption."

Then the final one speaks, "We are the darkness you surround yourself in, we were created from it, and have been bathed in oblivion for the purpose of finding you. We are your consequence."

The last thing Happy sees as the final intruder speaks is their glowing eyes shining bright as they laugh at him. After that, all of the lights within his home die, surrounding him in darkness.

Author's Note:

I have high hopes for this story, even though I'm sure it;s going to flop. But hey, a man can dream. Just a reminder, this was inspired by videos on Youtube posted by LT.LICKME
He's an awesome youtuber, has some fantastic content. I urge everyone here to check him out right now. The specific videos that inspired this were the Anonymous Hacker Trolling and the Stalker Reboot: The Watcher.

That aside, if you're liking it so far please slap that LIKE button like a bitch, share this story with your friends, and leave a comment below. Comments make me feel special :P