• Published 10th Mar 2017
  • 1,240 Views, 33 Comments

In The Forest - Darkness Moon



It's been almost a year since Sunset and the Dazzlings began their friendship. So they decide to take a trip. But things get complicated when their plane crashes on a deserted island and they find themselves looking for a way to survive, but that wil

  • ...
0
 33
 1,240

Accident

After four hours of sitting on the plane, the four girls of Equestria were tired and bored; Aria was leaning back in her seat while reading the survival book her girlfriend bought, Sonata was eating the plane food, Sunset was leaning on her girlfriend's shoulder, listening to music, and finally, Adagio was simply sitting, looking through the window, the clouds and the night sky, while caressing the hand of her partner. Suddenly, a woman's voice sounded on the speaker.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we will be experiencing some turbulence. Please fasten your seatbelts."

Something very normal on an airplane, nothing to worry about. Some passengers did not bother paying attention.

But a strong blow made Sunset and the Dazzlings react. The voice rang again.

"Keep calm and please-"

But another loud sound interrupted the woman, a part had come loose from the machine, and all the air was coming in. It was what everyone feared: the plane was falling. There were papers and objects flying everywhere, the television screens were distorted, even a couple of people flew through the air. Sunset and Adagio remained in their seats, hugging each other and trying to stay in their seats, but it was difficult. Aria and Sonata were in the same situation.

The plane descended more and more, but where? To the ocean? Some place with land? They did not know. The only thing they hoped for was not to die.

Sunset tried to see through the window, but it was late, the plane fell, and everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lights of the plane were blinking, everything was chaos, it looked like a horror movie.

Sunset woke up and she was in pain. She noticed that she was still sitting in her seat, she peeked down the aisle of the plane, and what she saw surprised her.

He was a red man, literally, from head to toe. Sunset watched as the man took a small child in his arms, and after he walked away, Sunset fainted again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, in that horrible disaster, the first to wake up was Adagio. The first thing she saw through the window was a forest, there was a lot of light, so it was very early. She straightened up in her seat, looked to her right, and was relieved to see Sunset at her side.

"Sunsy? Love? Wake up," said Adagio, trying to wake up her girlfriend.

Luckily, she woke up.

"Ugh! My head!" Sunset said in pain. "Dagi? Are you okay?"

"I am now," Adagio said, hugging her girlfriend. "I thought I had lost you," she said.

"Me too," said Sunset, relieved.

At that moment, moans were heard.

"Ugh! Damn! That hurt!" Aria said.

"Aria!" said Sunset and Adagio.

They got up from their seats and went to help their friends.

"Are you okay?" Sunset asked.

"I think so," said Aria.

Sonata, on the other hand, was unconscious.

"Sonata? Nata?" Aria said, trying to wake her up.

"Mmmm ... Ari?" said the little mermaid.

"Yes, it's me, are you okay?" Aria asked, worried.

"I'm fine," said Sonata. "But where are we?" she asked, confused.

"It seems we landed in a forest," Adagio replied.

"Girls?" called Sunset.

"What's wrong?" said Adagio.

Sunset responded by pointing to the front, the plane had lost half of the machinery.

"We were very lucky in surviving," said Aria.

"What do we do now?" asked Sonata.

"I think the right thing to do would be to prepare to go out, find out if there is any food. We should also collect supplies, take whatever is useful," said Sunset.

The four girls walked on the plane, collecting all kinds of objects.

They found many useful things, bottles of alcohol, sodas, medicines, pieces of cloth, and a little food.

Aria had found the list of passengers and decided to take her, just in case.

"How will we handle all this?" Aria asked.

"Maybe our backpacks are here," said Adagio.

They checked the luggage, and luckily, they found their backpacks on the plane.

"We are very lucky today," said Sonata.

"The bad thing is that we lost our other suitcases," said Adagio.

"What do we do now?" asked Aria.

"We have to go out and explore," said Sunset, with her backpack on her back. "And find out where we are," she said.

"Girls?" called Sonata.

"What's wrong?" said Sunset.

Sonata did not answer, her friends approached and discovered what she saw. It was the body of a woman, the stewardess, dead with the fire ax buried in her body.

"You have to be kidding," said Adagio.

"This will be worse than that madhouse," said Aria.

Suddenly, Sunset remembered something, went back, and checked all the luggage and everything else.

"Sunset? What's wrong? "Adagio asked, confused.

"I cannot find Onix!" Sunset said desperately.

"What?!" Sonata said, worried.

"I cannot find his cage, it's not there!" said Sunset.

"Sunset, honey, calm down," said Adagio. "We'll find it.”

"Yes, maybe it's over there," Aria said. "Or maybe he’s-"

"Do not say it!" said Sunset, annoyed. "He's fine. I know he is.”

"She's right," Sonata said, in the same way.

"You have to get out," said Sunset, walking.

"But Sunset, we do not know what's out there," Sonata said.

"I think I know," said Sunset.

"What are you talking about?" Asked Aria.

"After the accident, I saw something, or someone. He was a man, and he was painted red from head to toe. He was half naked, he is surely a native. I thought it was a dream, but I think I'm wrong," explained Sunset.

"Maybe they'll help us?" Sonata said.

"I do not think so, Sonata. I also saw that he took a person in his arms, a child. I do not think the natives here are friendly," said Sunset.

"Do you think they are... cannibals?" Aria asked.

"It's a possibility," said Sunset.

"We must be careful when leaving," said Adagio.

"But we do not have anything to defend ourselves," said Sonata.

"In the survival book it says how to create weapons," said Aria.

"Really?" said Sunset.

"Yes, like a stone ax, a spear, a bow, arrows, and homemade bombs," said Aria.

"Perfect. What do we need?" asked Adagio.

"The basics, sticks and stones," said Aria.

"All right. Time to leave," said Sunset.

She approached the body of the stewardess and withdrew the ax, going outside, followed by her friends. The forest did not seem so bad, it looked nice, and there were some suitcases around.

"Now what do we do?" asked Sonata.

"Let's pack our bags, to have more supplies," said Sunset.

"But they do not belong to us," Sonata said.

"It does not matter, anyway the owners are dead," said Aria.

"We do not know that, but we do not have a choice," said Adagio.

Then, they started to open suitcases. They found some interesting things such as alcohol bottles, sodas, candy bars, tennis balls, pieces of cloth, pills, wristwatches, money, and batteries.

"I cannot fit any more in my backpack," Sonata said.

"Me neither," said Adagio.

"What do we do now?" asked Aria.

"Well, I'll go find Onix," said Sunset.

"But Sunset, we do not know how big this place is, you could get lost," said Aria.

"I don’t care, I will not leave Onix alone," said Sunset.

"Sunset wait!" said Adagio, stopping her girlfriend.

"What's wrong?" said Sunset.

"Look, I know you're worried about Onix, but let's not make the same mistake as in the insane asylum. We do not have to separate," said Adagio.

"I know, but, he has never been abroad," said Sunset. "I know he may seem like only a pet, but not to me, he's my friend."

"I love Onix too, we all love him," said Adagio. "Do not worry, we'll find him," she said, kissing her girlfriend.

"It's okay, I just hope it's okay," said Sunset.

"He'll be fine, he's as strong as his mistress," Adagio said, smiling.

"Okay," said Sunset, laughing. "Then we should look for a place to create a shelter."

"How about the beach?" suggested Aria, pointing to the sound of the sea.

"It's not a bad idea, come on," said Adagio.

They left the forest and found the beach. There were a few more suitcases, there were also the dead bodies of sharks, and in the sea, a few meters away, there was a yacht.

"Is it a ship?" Sonata asked.

"A yacht, actually," said Adagio.

"Do you think there are people inside?" asked Aria.

"I do not think so, it seems very old, we should go check," said Sunset.

"But the shelter..." Sonata said.

"We will do it here," said Aria.

"Thinking better, maybe it's not a good idea," said Sunset.

"Why do you say that?" Adagio asked.

"The cannibals can come at night, and we would not have anything to protect us," said Sunset.

"Cannibals do not approach the water, a place near the sea would be perfect," said Aria.

"How do you know all that?" asked Adagio.

"It says in the survival book," said Aria.

"Very well, then what is the plan?" Sonata asked.

"Sonata and Adagio, you collect materials to make a shelter, Aria and I will go to the boat," said Sunset.

"And how will you get there?" asked Adagio.

"Swimming," Aria replied.

"Are you crazy?! There are sharks!" said Adagio.

"Do not worry, we'll be fine," said Sunset.

"Plus, if you do not see any shark nearby, these were the only ones," said Aria, pointing to the bodies of the dead sharks.

"All right. But come back quickly," said Adagio.

Sunset and Aria began to swim to the yacht, being very careful not to run into a shark, while Sonata and Adagio collected materials for shelter. Luckily, Sunset and Aria reached the boat unscathed, prepared their weapon, just in case, and climbed on. Immediately, Sunset found a yacht magazine.

"1984, I told you it was an old ship," said Sunset.

"Let's go in," said Aria.

Once inside, they examined the place, it seemed empty.

"Aria?" called Sunset.

"It’s clear here," Aria said.

"Here too, almost," said Sunset.

"Almost?" Aria asked.

Sunset pointed to the captain's cabin, there was a body of a dead and mummified man.

"We better keep investigating," said Aria.

"Yes, let's check if there are useful things," said Sunset.

Indeed, there were useful things on the yacht. They found 2 tapes, 4 pieces of cloth, 3 candy bars, 1 soda, 1 skull, 3 ropes, and alcohol drinks. Even found strange things: Sunset found multiple drawings of a strange device on the table of the yacht. She decided to take one of the papers, just out of curiosity. On the other hand, Aria found a milk carton with the face of a missing child.

"Aria, look, I found 2 air tanks," said Sunset.

"Is there a diving team here?" Aria asked, surprised.

"Don’t know. I just found this, maybe somewhere on the island," replied Sunset.

"Maybe, I found a cassette player and a cassette," said Aria.

Sunset checked the kitchen and found something unusual, a very bizarre photograph.

"Aria, look at this," she said, showing the image.

It was a creature, which looked like it was made up of two bodies (possibly three) that were struggling and writhing against each other. It had 6 legs, claw feet, had breasts, and 6 malformed arms (four of which seem to have been split in half). It did not have any facial features.

"What is that?" Aria asked in disgust.

"I do not know, here says Virginia, maybe it's the name," said Sunset.

"But where did they get that picture? From the forest?" asked Aria.

"Maybe the owners of the yacht knew what they were getting into before they got to the island, that would explain the photo and these strange drawings," said Sunset.

"So, there are not only cannibals, there are also mutants here," says Aria.

"Yes, but we have already gone through these types of situations," said Sunset.

"Sure, but these are cannibals, and brainless mutants," said Aria.

"I've already faced a cannibal before, and I beat him," said Sunset. "This will not be the same as at Mount Massive, now we can defend ourselves.”

"Well, whatever you say," Aria said.

"Let's go back to the others," said Sunset.

But before that, they discovered something else, something different, a locked door, that could only be entered with an electronic card. They did not see any use in that, so they decided to leave.

Both girls left the yacht, making sure that there were no sharks nearby, and entered the sea, swimming to the shore.

When they arrived, they saw that Sonata and Adagio had built two temporary shelters and a campfire.

"Wow! Awesome," said Sunset.

"Thanks, the guide is very useful," said Sonata.

"Did you find anything?" Adagio asked.

"We found two tanks of oxygen for a diver, and a little food too," said Sunset, sitting next to her girlfriend.

"I found an old cassette player and a cassette," said Aria, sitting next to Sonata.

"And also, we found this," said Sunset, showing the photograph of the mutant.

"God... what's that?" asked Adagio, disgusted.

"It's a monster... like the others," Sonata said, a little scared.

"Easy Sonata," said Aria. "Apparently cannibals are not our only concern."

"It seems that there are mutants here too," said Sunset.

"Why would there be mutants on an island?" Adagio asked confused.

"I do not know, this place hides many things, like in the asylum," said Sunset.

"I do not want to think about that anymore, I just want to sleep," said Sonata.

"First we have to eat," said Aria.

"You're right, but we did not bring food. And we only found sodas and candy bars," said Sunset.

"Actually, I found this on the plane," Adagio said, reaching into her backpack.

In it, there were four cans of tomato soup.

"It's not much, but it will be enough for tonight," said Adagio.

They placed the cans in the fire, with great caution, and while they waited for the food to be ready, they kept alert in case some cannibal or monster appeared, but nobody came near, that was a relief.

"Then... what will we do tomorrow?" Sonata asked.

"Well, we have to explore the island, get food and supplies," said Sunset.

"She's right, but now it's too late, it's about to get dark," Aria said.

When the meal was ready, the girls ate while they talked about their plans for tomorrow, once they finished their dinner, they prepared to sleep. Aria and Sonata slept together in one temporary shelter, and Sunset and Adagio in the other, but the former unicorn could not sleep.

"Sunsy? What's wrong?" Adagio asked.

"I cannot sleep, I cannot stop thinking about Onix," said Sunset, worried.

"Do not worry about him, we'll find him," said Adagio.

"I hope so, I do not want to think he could be... you know," said Sunset.

"I know, but do not think about that," said Adagio. "Also, Onix has been left alone before."

"Yes, it's true, but not for so long," said Sunset. "And if he is hurt? Or he’s hungry?" she said, anguished.

"Calm down, if you get scared you will not help him, we'll find him Sunset, I promise," Adagio said, hugging her girlfriend.

"Thanks Adagio," said Sunset.

"You are welcome. But we will not find him if we are tired, let us go to sleep and we can look for him in the morning, okay?" said Adagio.

"Okay, good night Dagi," said Sunset.

"Good night, Sunsy," said Adagio.

After a few minutes, Adagio was deeply asleep, but Sunset was still awake, trying not to think of Onix, but it was impossible. The little ferret was not just a pet, it was her best friend, her partner, he was always with her when she felt scared or distressed.

"Do not worry, Onix... I'll find you... even if it's the last thing I do," thought Sunset.

She was relieved to hear the sound of the waves hitting the shore of the beach, and the sound of burning wood.

"Good night friend," said Sunset, before falling asleep.

Author's Note:

This is bad! Now the four equestrians are lost in a forest. :pinkiegasp: Where live cannibals and mutant monsters. :twilightoops: And worst of all.... Sunset lost to Onix! :raritydespair:
Can they leave alive from the island? Can we find the little ferret? :applejackunsure:

They will only know if they follow the story. :raritywink:
I hope this chapter has pleased you. :pinkiesmile:
If you still don't know the game, you can enter the link of this page, to know more about the world of The Forest: theforest.gamepedia.com/The_Fo…

I hope you like it! :pinkiehappy:

See you in the next chapter! :ajsmug:

See ya! :twilightsmile: