• Published 10th Mar 2017
  • 1,240 Views, 33 Comments

In The Forest - Darkness Moon



It's been almost a year since Sunset and the Dazzlings began their friendship. So they decide to take a trip. But things get complicated when their plane crashes on a deserted island and they find themselves looking for a way to survive, but that wil

  • ...
0
 33
 1,240

We Have to Get Out of Here

The snow fell slowly in the mountains. The Sun didn't made the environment better. There were so many things to explore and discover, but since that incident, they no longer used that word. In the center of the snow blanket, there was a cabin that once was abandoned, but now is the only refuge for the girls. It's as if they started again from scratch and they hated it. But now it was much worse. The weather didn't help in anything, food was scarce and water was hard to get, but at least Sunset was fine.

That worm had not only broken her leg but it also left her several blows. Girls were hoping they were only outside and that she haven't been injured inside. If she did, she would have already died. Sunset had been asleep for more than two days. That left the dazzlings with the escape plan. They needed to repair the yacht to leave. But due to Sunset's condition, they couldn't leave her alone so they only went out in shifts. At least Adagio or Sonata, plus Aria. Sonata was the only that was going to cook or help with Sunset's medicines and bandages.

Adagio stayed most of the time. She entered her room and saw that Sunset was still asleep with her pet on her stomach. The poor guy haven't left her side since they arrived. Siren put down the medicine and sat beside her and took the ferret carefully.

"I know, but when she'll wake up, you won't want to be there, believe me" she placed the little one on her legs.

She saw that Sunset was still asleep and thought about the fight and felt horrible. If she hasn't started it, she wouldn't have activated the sphere. They wouldn't have lost their home and above all, she almost killed her girlfriend.

"It seems that I keep making mistakes, the concert, the asylum, now here... I think I'm not like before. I always trusted my skills, my plans, and I judged things a lot... especially you." she caress the ferret.

She took a cloth put it in water, drained it and put it on her girlfriend's forehead. She stroked her hair in the hope that she would open her eyes.

“I admit when I saw you, you seemed to be like the others for me. Innocent and stupid but very pretty. And little by little I knew your way of being. Though I know that you wouldn't like to hear this, but I would like to see your evil side or know it at least.”Adagio said smiling. "I didn't feel bad when I told you those things until... I guess it was in the asylum. Nobody Has ever showed me that kindness" she smiled at the memory of asylum.

Something very strange coming from a place that was and perhaps still is a real hell. But that was where Adagio began to like Sunset, the person who took everything she loved from her. But when she healed her arm, when she held her in her arms. That time she saved her from the fall of the building and especially when she saved her from that castrating groom, she began to feel something. She didn't know what it was, but she had help with that. But when she really felt that crush was that day, one of the few after they started living with her.

"I think I should thank Aria and Sonata for accepting my feelings for you... those two are dumb." Adagio smiled.

*FLASHBACK*

The first days they lived with Sunset were difficult. Especially with Aria and Sonata more than anything else. Their fights weren't so constant, but the comfort made them very lazy. More than usual for Adagio. Now they were arguing about what to watch on television. The leader siren was tired of watching tv so she went to the kitchen for something to drink. She saw that Sunset was in the kitchen checking newspapers and accounts payable. Adagio approached her silently. She looked tired.

"What's going on Sunset?" she sat next to her.

"I'm looking for a job," she replied drinking her coffee.

"For what? You have a lot of money for a lifetime.” Adagio said.

"Yes, one life. But we're, allow me to add, four lives now. You know that the money is for mine and your studies."

“Sunset seriously, we told you we won't return to Canterlot.”

"I know and I think I respect your decision. But you can't stay here doing nothing." Sunset argumented.

"We will help you clean." the siren replied.

"That's not enough. Expenses have risen, the food ends faster than before and you lost your job. I need your help."

"You know they didn't look for a job but believe me I've been looking," Adagio said.

"In my opinion, you don't seem very interested." Sunset said.

"I'll get it, relax now, will you?"

Sunset just sighed tired and returned the notes ignoring Adagio's presence. That made the siren feel bad. She couldn't understand it because she felt bad about hurting her feelings. That wasn't normal for her. For some reason she didn't want Sunset to think badly about her. She thought it was maybe because she owed her one after saving her. It should've be that.

"Okay, I'll talk to them, don't worry." Adagio said.

"Thanks Adagio, really." Sunset smiled.

That smile again caused a peace of mind for Adagio. Also the strange feeling that she would find out later. She waited two days to talk to them and started with Sonata.

"Sonata? We need to talk"

"What's wrong Dagi?"

"It's about the situation at home. Things are a bit difficult since I lost my job and Sunset hers." the siren explained. “And while we look for a work, we will need a lot of help”

"What do you mean?" Sonata asked confused.

"I mean that you have to look for a work. You and Aria." Adagio said.

"A job? I never had one! I don't like the idea.” she said scared

"Quiet Sonata, I will help you." Adagio said.

"You? Help me?” she was surprised. "That's not something you would say."

"I... I don't know, Sunset looks desperate and-"

"So you're doing it for Sunny?" she asked curious.

“Sunset? No, no. This is because of the situation and- ”

"Dagi, do you feel anything for Sunset?" Sonata asked.

"What?! No! Of course no! We have no other home and-”

"Okay Dagi, I'll look for a job if that helps you with Sunny." Sonata smiled. "But I will need help searching."

"Do you... want help?" Adagio asked surprised.

"Okay, I'll ask Aria for help. I know she will help me." Sonata said.

“But you always argue, why would she help you?” Adagio was confused.

"We fight but I know that deep down she loves me, as I love her" the little siren smiled.

"Do you like Aria?" she asked confused.

"Does that bother you?" Sonata asked worried.

"No, it's just that it's something surprising, that's everything." said Adagio. "Well, I'm going to talk to Aria about work. Do you know where is she?"

"She must be in the garage she told Sunset she would help her." Sonata smiled.

"Thank you." she said leaving the room.

"Adagio?" Sonata called.

"What's up?" she asked.

"I like Sunset, it looks like she has good intentions." Sonata smiled.

"Okay...?" and with that she closed the door of the room.

What was that? She knew Sonata was childish and strange too, but that sounded very strange. She likes Sunset, but that wasn't like a compliment. It sounded more like an approval. Adagio decided not to think about it anymore and went to the garage. There she found Aria, he was checking the car, Sunset was also, but under the car.

"What are you doing here Dazzle?" Aria growled.

"I need to talk to you, Sunset could you give us a moment?"

Sunset got out of the car. She was wearing a blue mechanic suit.

"Sure Adagio, is everything alright?"

"I... yes, everything is fine. I just need to say something to Aria." Adagio was in shock.

"Okay, we're going to take a break from all of it. I'll go for something to drink, want something?" she asked.

"A soda," Aria replied.

"No thanks, it'll only be a second." Adagio said.

"Okay, I'll be right back." she took off her gloves and entered the house.

"Then... are you going to talk to me or you're not done looking at Sunset's ass."

"SHUT UP! I'm not looking at anything!” Adagio growled furiously.

"It's more than obvious how you eat it with your eyes, Dazzle." Aria smiled.

“I didn't came for that I want to talk to you about looking for a job. Sunset can't do it alone and needs help.”

"Yes, she said something about it. She wasn't as direct as you, but she said how the situation was."

"And what do you think?" Adagio asked.

“That although I still like Sunset, I like living here.”

“We must look for a job, all three.”

“Sonata too? How?”Aria asked surprised.

"You will help her, at least she said that."

"Well, whatever." Aria shrugged.

"Really? Won't you complain or growl, or at least insult?" she asked confused.

"I already said yes. What more do you want?"

“Calm down, it's just that your attitude surprises me, that's all. You have always been bitter and negative.”

“And your bossy and possessive. Although not with Sunset, right?” she smiled wickedly.

"What?!" Adagio blushed intensely.

“Okay, Sonata would never tell you this, but I'm not so soft. It is more than obvious that you feel something for Sunset. We have noticed it so why don't you stop trying hard and tell her?”

"I don't... feel anything for her." she blushed.

"Oh please! As soon as I saw her in the asylum you prevented me from putting a hand on her. You defended her.”

"That was just because I owed her one. She saved me several times in that place." Adagio crossed her arms.

“And why do you blush every time? Why do you smile when she sits next to you? And especially… why when you cook you feed her directly in the mouth?” she gave her another wicked smile.

"Because... because I-"

"Because you're in love with her!" she complained. “Look, I don't care who you are with but now it's different. At first I got angry when Sonata told me but now that I live with her I can see that she is not so bad. And especially she is the only one who could put you under control, I admire that.”

"Aria…"

"So tell her how you feel and stop looking like a nervous girl."

“I… I can't, at least not now. But I will look for a way to tell her if you do the same with Sonata.”

"I knew you would say that, but this is not about me. Tell Sunset that the car will take longer than normal. It will be better to continue tomorrow." she left everything and was about to leave.

"Really, think about it."

"Sure, thanks Ari." Adagio smiled.

"Whatever, and don't call me that." she growled angrily.

"Oh sure, only Sonata calls you that~." she smiled mischievously.

"Fuck you" Aria left the room.

"I love you too!" Adagio laughed.

When night fell Sonata prepared the food. They sat down to eat as usual. It was a pleasant feeling especially for Sunset. Aria and Sonata went to sleep while Sunset finished cleaning with Adagio's help. They finally sat together on the couch.

"Sunset?"

"Yes?"

"I talked to Sonata and Aria. They told me they're going to look for work, so it's just a matter of time."

"Really? That's great! With your support we can keep up very well. I will still be using part of Waylon's money but I don't want you to get used to it ”

“I know. Now you feel less stressed?” she asked with hope that what she did will help her.

"Yes. I still am but it took off a heavy weight of me." she smiled at her siren friend. "Thank you Adagio."

"Y-You're welcome. I still owe you one for saving me from so many times in the insane asylum." she hid her blush.

"I know, but still thanks." she smiled. "Now I hope you also keep your promise you made to me."

“I know we promised you we will go back to the school, but not to Canterlot high. I think I was very clear in that part.”

"And I told you that I respect your decision, so you won't go to Canterlot, but I have a better idea."

"What idea do you have Shimmer~?" she smiled.

"I'll tell you tomorrow, now." she took siren's hand. "Thanks for what you did, it means a lot." she smiled. "We will be better now."

"Yes, we will" Adagio smiled broadly at her beloved secret.

*END OF FLASH BACK*

She got lost in the memory and didn't realize that Sunset began to complain, and little by little she opened her eyes.

"Hey." Adagio whispered happily.

"A-Adagio? What happened...? Where-...?"

"We are in the cabin, on the snowy mountain." she explained.

"How... did we... arrived?"

"We took you with the log transporter. That mutant worm threw you off the cliff. The sand eased your fall but still your leg broke"

"My leg? I hardly remember anything..." she tried to sit down.

"Calm down, take it easy, let me help you." Adagio said carefully.

“What happened to the sphere? Our home?” Sunset asked desperately.

"It's destroyed, the mutants destroyed it. And I think the sphere is still there but the beach is now a dangerous place." Adagio explained.

"And the yacht?" she asked.

“We have been fixing it. We went in pairs while one stayed to take care of you. We have done well these two days.”

"Two days?! I've been unconscious for two days?! ”Sunset yelped surprised.

"Yes, you really worried us." she took her hand. "Sunset... what I told you-"

"No, you were right. I should have thought about things better, but as always, my desire to explore and know everything won over me again. I thought I protected you, but I made it worse. We are even worse than when we arrived, this time if-" she was silenced by a kiss.

"It's not your fault." Adagio said. “I was, I am, tired of all this. I want to go home, I want all of this to end. I want to have you again... with me ”

"Yes, being here was a hell. Even though I'm not only sorry for lying, but also for being a burden to you." she stroked her girlfriend's hand.

"But now we'll leave with the yacht. Aria will finish repairing it and we will leave." Adagio smiled. "So... are we alright?" she asked.

"Yes, although I wanted to compensate you for all the stupidities I did." Sunset smiled.

"Really? How will you do that?" she asked curious.

Sunset took her girlfriend's face and approached closer.

"I have something in mind~."

"Oh~ continue~." siren smiled mischievously.

Sunset bowed and kissed her girlfriend intensely. They haven't had such a moment in many days. Adagio sat on the bed to be more comfortable. While they were in their romantic moments, Aria and Sonata sailed from the shore of the ocean on a large raft with a large wooden base and with stairs to a small upper base. In that boat, they carried logs, food, metal parts of the plane, etc. Things that would help them repair the yacht. They looked at the beach and they saw cannibals, and where their home used to be, many mutants.

"I don't see the mutant worm," said Sonata.

"I think it's better, we are not here to fight, we're here to fix the yacht." Aria stopped the raft next to the yacht and below some other things. "Take care of me, ok?"

"Always." the little siren smiled.

That made her smile at her girlfriend too, she entered to start working. For while Sonata took care of any attack. Although it was absurd that she could go so far, but in reality, she was more concerned about the sharks. Since Adagio had her new bow, she used the wooden one she had used before. She was so focused on cannibals that she didn't see a shark getting very close to the raft. She reacted late because he got very close. But when another arrow hit his eye it made him swim away.

"That crossbow is more useful than my rotting bow." Sonata laughed.

"Remember that you have never used one, Adagio taught you the basics, but you lack the reflexes." said Aria. "I'm almost done, just fine-tune some details and we can start the escape."

“Are you sure we can? I mean, I don't doubt you it's just that-”

"I know Nata, but if something is easy to repair it's the engines. What worries me most is Sunset. She will not be able to travel in her state."

"What will we do now?" she asked.

“We have to finish here. Use the rope to tie the raft to the yacht, I need your help to finish.”

"Of course, Ari!" The little siren smiled.

"Come on." Aria smiled entering the yacht.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four hours later, they left the yacht. They moored the raft and went to the beach where a lot of cannibals were waiting for them.

"Don't be afraid Sonata, you can do it." Aria took out the lighter.

"No... I'm not afraid... anymore." Sonata took out a can of hairspray.

Author's Note:

Well, it seems that things ended so badly, Sunset and Adagio solved their, problems, the way they like the most :heart: :trixieshiftright:

And Aria and Sonata in addition to joining ties, :raritywink: they finish fixing the yacht to escape, :rainbowdetermined2: but first they must face the cannibals :applejackconfused:

They will only know if still follow the story. :twilightsheepish:

I hope you like it :yay:

See you in the next chapter! :pinkiehappy:

See ya! :moustache: