• Published 10th Mar 2017
  • 2,801 Views, 66 Comments

Somepony to Love - Jet Storm



Spike confesses his love to Rarity only to be rejected. Can the Cutie Mark Crusaders help him find love with Rarity or will she have her own plans for the young dragon?

  • ...
5
 66
 2,801

Chapter 14: Sisters

“And so I said to the miner pony, you better apologize to that mountain. You just nicked his big toe!”

“Oh Discord,” chuckled Fluttershy, “That’s just too funny.”

“Thank you, dear Fluttershy,” he said smiling proudly. “It’s always a pleasure being in your wonderful company. And I do love our little tea parties.”

“Oh, speaking of which, I nearly forgot,” said Fluttershy. “Rarity and Twilight are having a party for Spike. He’s been feeling a bit down at the moment, and we are hoping to cheer him up. We were hoping you could come along. I’m sure Spike would appreciate that.”

“Ooo a party does sound like fun! Actually, its funny you should say that because I just saw Spike and his little friend Charity Bells on my way here,” he responded earning a slight perplexed response from the yellow pegasus.

“Who?”

“But how can I possibly go looking like this!” announced Discord in mock despair, pointing out his now missing lower half before throwing himself Rarity style onto the sofa. His antics earned him yet another heartily chuckle from Fluttershy’s and interrupting her train of thought. “I’ll just have to get a new pair I suppose,” he grumbled sarcastically, “I’ll be back in jiffy. Ta! Ta!” He then snapped his fingers and disappeared, leaving Fluttershy alone in her cottage.

Fluttershy was just about to make a fresh pot of tea, when suddenly she heard a knock at the door. Putting the teapot down for a moment, she goes to open the door expecting the draconequus to return. “Oh hi Twilight. I thought you were coming later today- ”

“I’m sorry, Fluttershy, but is Discord here?” asked Twilight.

“He just went to get a pair of legs for the party. He’ll be back in a moment. Why? Twilight, is something wrong?”

Twilight sighed. “Fluttershy, we need to have a little talk.”


Rarity could not believe her luck. First, an awful morning with some random narcissistic stallion which interrupted her plans and now there was a terrible fire breathing dragon in her shop admiring its reflection.

Not wanting to waste this chance, Rarity slowly crept towards the kitchen. With any luck she would be able to make her escape through the back door. She was just inches away when she was suddenly pulled back. She snapped her head back to see the dragon’s claw dragging her tail closer to its jaws.

“And where do you think you’re going,” it snarled.

“G-g-getting a glass of water,” lied Rarity “I-if it’s not t-t-to much trouble-”.

“Oh but it is,” sneered the dragoness. “I want to talk to you. See, you have caused a great deal of trouble.”

“M-m-me?”

The dragoness appeared to be in no mood to play games. “Yes you!” she snarled as smoke fumed from her nostrils.

“EEEK!” screamed the unicorn.

“SILENCE!” it bellowed, shocking the mare into submission. She continued to tremble under the beast’s intense glare. “Good, now listen here. I have a few questions for you. Do you understand?”

Rarity nodded feverishly.

“Excellent,” grinned the dragoness. “Firstly, the purple unicorn stallion that came to see you.”

“W-W-What about him?”

“Why did you turn him down?”

“I”, began Rarity but stopped shivering for a moment and looked at the dragoness confused. “Excuse me?”

“You heard me!” she growled in a low voice. “After you finally agreed to go on that date? You didn’t even give him a chance. You just kept on rejecting him! Why?”

A perplexed expression began to form on Rarity’s face as she tried to understand the dragoness’ motives. “Were you by any chance following us?”

“Yes, now answer the question,” pressed the dragoness; her patience wearing thin.

“Why does it matter to you?”

“It matters greatly. Spike would do anything for you! He even became a unicorn for you. Now tell me!”

Rarity jaw dropped at this admission. “Wait? Spike? That was Spike.”

“Of course it was! Who else did you think it was?” the dragoness shrieked. “Now answer the question!”

Rarity was flabbergasted. “B-b-but h-how?” she stammered.

“Oh Celestia! I DID IT!” the dragon screamed in blind fury unable to contain her rage any longer. “I asked Discord to transform Spike into a pony so that he could go on a date with you! I even transformed into a dragon-” and in a poof of smoke Discord’s spell had finally broken, “- for you! We did this for you!”

A sudden flood of memories came and smashed into Rarity. How she had treated Spyro, thinking he was some pompous jerk, when in fact he was the sweet dragon she had known and loved. A tide of regret and guilt came in, as she chastised her blunt and rude behavior. “Oh, Spike. Oh, what have I done?”

“Now, if you don’t answer the question,” threatened Sweetie Belle in a cute low growl, “I’ll burn you and this shop to a crisp.”

“Um... Sweetie Belle,” interrupted Rarity flatly. “Sweetie Belle, dear, you can stop now.”

“THAT’S IT! EAT- huh!?!”

Rarity didn’t say a word but instead pointed to the mirror on the far side of the room where a small filly now stood in former place of the dragon. Sweetie Belle fumed as her cheeks burned brightly.

“Sweetie Belle, this has got to stop,” Rarity stated. “You need to stop meddling in Spike’s and my relationship.”

“Relationship? What relationship?” she retorted. “You don’t have a relationship.”

“Of course, I do,” Rarity retorted “We are friends. He is a dear friend of mine.”

The filly wasn’t satisfied and continued her tirade against her older sister. “You don’t love him! You don’t care for him!”

Rarity didn’t shy from the fact and instead stood her ground. “That’s not true. I do. I do indeed love, Spike.”

Sweetie Belle was stunned. She was not expecting Rarity to confess these feelings. She collapsed onto her flank underneath the shock and confusion, and perhaps something more.

Rarity swallowed and continued her explanation as calmly and as rationally as she could. “I do love Spike, the same way I love Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and the others. He is my friend. One of my best friends. And I love him as such. Are you satisfied now Sweetie Belle?”

It was dead silent. Not a word was exchanged. Not a cricket chirped. Just silence.

“It’s not the same,” said Sweetie Belle. Her head sunk her head as she glared at the ground. The unicorn filly’s body shook with rage as she remembered Spike’s hidden pain. Rarity didn’t understand Spike. Not like she did. “I don’t understand,” she muttered underneath her breath. “He did it for you.”

“Sweetie Belle?”

“He did it for you.”

“Pardon me?”

Sweetie Belle threw her head up and glared at her sister. “He did everything for you. He loves you. It has always been for you. Always you.” Each word became progressively louder and louder as tears filled the corner of her eyes. “And after everything he has done. After everything he has been through. You just - ”

Rarity watched stunned as the filly poured out her heart.

“I hate you.”

The words pierced Rarity’s heart with incredible anguish. “Sweetie Belle.”

“I HATE YOU!” she screamed. “I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!” she screamed before storming off and slamming the door behind her.

Rarity watched helplessly as her sister disappeared from sight. I HATE YOU echoed in her mind over and over again as tears began to swell around her eyes. “Keep it together, Rarity,” she said out loud as she fought back her tears. “She’s angry. She didn’t mean it.”

She glanced at her reflection in the mirror, feeling hurt and ashamed. “I know it’s hard darling, but you are doing the right thing,” she said reassuringly to her reflection. “You just have to be honest and true with yourself … I hope you can do the same thing too, Sweetie Belle.”

Comments ( 6 )

Sweetie Belle. You don't mean that.

I know this story is likely to be heading this way but I really hope Rarity's story arc in this fic isn't just some grand scheme she's had Long since Spike's confession to hook her sister and Spike up. If it was, she's handled it terribly so far.

8451225
:applecry: This is kinda hard to explain my intentions and the directions of the story without spoiling too much, but I'll do my best. Firstly I can honestly say that I agree that Rarity shouldn't try some elaborate matchmaker scheme. To me a story like that is just saying, "he's not good enough for me, but you can have him" - like a pair of some old hand me downs. :ajbemused:

Nah, I'd reckon she has more class than that. :duck:

I did hint at what her intentions were in Chapter 6, so I won't say anymore than that. :raritywink:

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying the story so far... I can't wait when its finished!

8449677
Lol, I did too but in all fairness he was kinda acting like a jerk :rainbowderp:. Imagine some random guy/girl that you didn't know come up to you and demand to go on a date, and that is AFTER having caused a major accident just to get your attention ... yeah I wouldn't be impressed either :flutterrage:.

It had to be done.

How is the writing going? I can't wait to see new chapters !!! I need to know what happens next!!!

8974209
It's coming along very slowly unfortunately :fluttercry: ... this past month has been a real drain in RL :pinkiesick:. But hopefully I will be back on my feet and ready to type! :rainbowdetermined2:

Login or register to comment