• Published 12th Mar 2017
  • 612 Views, 14 Comments

F1 Anon: Season 2 - Serrated



Cloudsdale Weather Racing have a title to defend. Wonderbolts Racing looks to take that away this time. As do 6 more teams who are eyeing the same prize. The second ever Equestrian Formula One Championship is bound to be one for the history books.

  • ...
 14
 612

Prologue

F1 Anon - Season 2

Prologue

"So, What do you think of the new cars?"

Sitting at the dining room table of their Trottingham home, Rainbow has her mouth agape looking over the detailed schematics Anon had just brought back. What she holds in her hooves are the stats and diagrams of the brand new Prancing Horse MK.1. An Equestrian built Formula 1 Car. Only thing is, this thing is so far from conventional F1. It's like the old rules were just thrown out of the window.

"This. Looks. RIDICULOUS!" Rainbow exclaims, "How much faster is this gonna be than last season's cars?"

Created by Celestia's secret F1 development team, the PH-M1 is a turbocharged V12 behemoth. The enhanced downforce and wider tires alone would be enough to improve lap times by over 3 seconds. At least that's Anon's guess. Might be more.

"Celestia didn't disclose that info." he says taking a seat across from Rainbows position at the table.

"Of course she didn't." Rainbow then looks up to Anon and rests her cheek on a front hoof. "Why do they always have to be so secretive about this stuff?"

"They weren't necessarily secretive with me. On other things that is." Anon says piquing Rainbows interest, "I don't know if the Princesses see me as the Ambassador of F1 or something because, well, the sport wouldn't be here if Twilight never accidentally teleported me here almost 2 years ago. But..."

Rainbow nods in agreement. "That makes sense. But yeah you were saying?"

Anon takes a quick look around the room as if to check if anyone is listening.
He then leans in and whispers, "They let me drive it."

Rainbow drops her hoof from her face to the table. "Where!?"

"Ponyville Circuit," he states, "Celestia only let me have two laps behind the wheel, though."

Eyes locked on Anonymous, Rainbow anxiously waits for more. A smile beaming from her face. "Yeah? Well? How was it!?"

"Well," Anon sighs, looking back at her. "I signed an agreement. I can't really tell anyone about it. Even my own teammate."

"That's not fair!" she immediately retorts slamming both front hooves on the table, "Why? That would give you a huge advantage over me when this season starts! What the fuck!?"

Anon holds up his hands in front of him after this unexpected outburst from Dash. "Woah! Hold on. Rainbow?"


"Yes!?"

"I'm kidding."


Rainbow rolls her eyes and throws her head back. "Oh fuck off with that shit and tell me about it already."

Having lived together ever since the final race last season, Rainbow has grown a little tired of Anon's bait and switch shenanigans. Live with anyone long enough and even the small things become hard to deal with. Anon did quite enjoy that one, though. Knowing how bad Dash wants to defend her title this season. Any info he keeps from her is going to make her quite irritated.

Anonymous continues after sitting up in his chair and bracing his elbows on the table, holding his head up.

"It's fast. Very fast. Rapid. Blisteringly quick."

Rainbow's smile begins to return. "Yeah?"

"It is... A LOT harder to drive, though. The V-12 puts a staggering amount of power down. The turbo doesn't lag either, so the throttle is immediate. Not to mention the increased G-forces."

"Pfff. I'm sure an awesome driver like myself can handle it! I wouldn't have won the World Championship last season if I sucked right?"

She posed a good point. Her performance last season surpassed even Anon's expectations. Having overcome all adversity to win by a single point over Spitfire from Wonderbolts Racing. Although in the back of Anon's mind, he's thinking that if he wasn't wrecked out of the second race by that very same driver, the story here would be just a bit different.

Rainbow then holds a hoof up while looking at a diagram of the car. "One more question though before we go to bed."

"It's 8," Anon replies.

"Exactly. What's this I see about an 'IIPS'? It looks like a dome around the driver. Is that always on? It doesn't look like you can see through it."

"Ah. That's the 'Imminent Injury Protection System'. Those two winglets on the engine cover are sensors that can detect any object heading towards your head at a high speed."

"Right..." Rainbow says, almost forgetting how dangerous open cockpit racing can be.

The diagram shows what it looks like when the IIPS is engaged. Similarities can be made to a fighter jet canopy. However, because of difficulties in the design admitted by Celestia, the only way she could get it to work properly is by having the side effect of not being able to see through it. The world in front of you would be blurred completely.

"If it does sense something," Anon continues, "A protective force field will appear just so long to deflect the object away from you. Saving your life."

"Well cool," Rainbow states. "I guess she managed to make the cars safer without getting rid of the open cockpit look."

To Anonymous, The IIPS safety feature was what he was happy about the most. Sure the V-12 is exciting and the profile of the car is drool worthy, but driver safety is a top priority to him. His worst fear is seeing an innocent pony hurt because of the sport that he pretty much ushered into this world. Any safety feature of this sort was welcomed wholeheartedly by the veteran F1 pilot when he met with Celestia about the car.

If 16 drivers enter the first race, then 16 drivers should finish the 7th and final race. That's the goal.

2 new teams,
4 new drivers,
4 new tracks.

The competition will be fierce. The excitement heading into pre-season testing, which takes place in just a few weeks, continues to grow across Equestria. It's been about 14 months since the final race last season. A "Ridiculous amount of time" in Rainbow's opinion. Which is something she's said many times.

Rainbow then gets up from her seat, saying "I still can't believe she let you drive it." while going to the kitchen to grab some water.

Anonymous just shrugs. He wasn't expecting that either, and judging from Celestia's reaction from the sound level of the V12, it might have been a spur-of-the-moment deal. She obviously didn't expect the car to be as loud as it was. Ponyville is within earshot of the track, so the entire populace of the town definitely heard something. With how nervous Celestia was and how quick she removed the cars from the scene, it shows that the on track demo kinda wasn't planned. There will probably be headlines on tomorrow's newspapers speculating what might have gone on at Ponyville Circuit earlier today.


"So," Rainbow states looking to Anon, who has gotten up from the table, and is now standing on the balcony of their condominium admiring the Trottingham Harbor below. "You gonna come to bed with me or are all the covers gonna be mine again tonight?"

Anon lets out a laugh while still looking out at the view. "I guess I'm gonna have to. Aren't I?"

A few moments pass while Dash looks over at her partner. Forming a smile, she then decides to float over to Anon's position. Joining him at the balcony.

The sounds of the harbor town below echo about as the sun sets on the horizon. A small breeze wisps by the face of the building, moving Rainbow's mane ever so slightly. The 10th story penthouse sure does offer quite a view of the luxury district where the two Cloudsdale Weather Racing drivers live.

"We're racing here this year, you know that?" Anon asks.

"Yep!" Rainbow replies. "Just like how it was at your old place right?"

"Yeah,"

Even though this is primarily Dash's home, having paid for the majority of the cost with her winnings from last season, the decision to live in this location was Anonymous' idea. With the Trottingham Grand Prix being added to the calendar, and it's striking similarity to Anon's old home of Monaco in appearance and race circuit layout, he practically begged Rainbow to live here over anywhere else. With Rainbow being as understanding as she is, however, it didn't take much to sway her. She knows Anon being here in Equestria was not on his own accord. So anything to make him feel more comfortable, Rainbow would gladly do.

"Alright," Anon says. "We have Pre-season testing in Canterlot in just a few weeks. What say we up the intensity of our training tomorrow?"

Rainbow looks over with an eyebrow raised. "I mean, sure? But why increase the intensity?"

Anon laughs, "This new car is gonna kick the shit out of us. We need to be ready. This isn't gonna be as much of a cakewalk as it was last season."

"It's really that fast huh?"

"Eeyup."





Next stop: Canterlot Circuit.


===


F1 Anon: Season 2 - Coming soon

Author's Note:

The entire story is planned out. However there are a few things IRL I'm waiting for to happen in order to finish the story completely. It took nearly 5 years for me to complete Season 1. I'm not planning on taking that long on this one. Hope you enjoy it! Cuz you better strap in. Ho boy.