• Published 6th Dec 2011
  • 1,416 Views, 5 Comments

Song from the Shadows - SteampunkBrony



After two years of working at the rainbow factory, Nightsong is offered a chance to escape alive.

  • ...
4
 5
 1,416

aftermath

A/N: I'll ask ya'll to think of this one as a direct continuation of the previous chapter, instead of a new one, i had to cut the last one off before i passed out on my keyboard.

also for information's sake, here's the headcannon i'm using for locations so we're all on the same page.

i am referencing YoorPorrick's map of equestria and assuming since cloudsdale and the weather factory are made of clouds they drift somewhat over the plains.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Fluttershy gasped as she ran over to the mare who had just crash landed by the cottage, she and her animals had been awoken by the brilliant flash from the explosion. She was splattered lightly with spectra, but the shy mare could tell the pool of red by the green and black mare's hind leg wasn't liquid rainbows. "ANGEL! BRING THE FIRST AID KIT QUICKLY PLEASE!" Fluttershy yelled surprisingly loudly, and within moments the bunny was rushing to where she was, a white box larger than him bouncing along behind him.

"Thank you, can you run and get some help please, I don't think i can carry her back to Ponyville myself and i don't think any of the animals are in a state to help." Fluttershy said as she popped open the case, the rabbit saluting smartly before shooting off towards Ponyville. Pulling out a few fabric bandages and some gauze, and donning a face guard the timid mare got to work bandaging up the wound on the other pegasi's leg.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Applejack and Big Mac had been working late sorting through the day's harvest and had witnessed the explosion from the Apple family's barn. They had immediately dropped what they were doing to join whatever assistance Ponyville was lending to the rescue effort.

The two siblings were barreling down the road to Ponyville, both of them hitched to the empty apple family wagon that was bouncing down the road behind them. As they passed the junction to Fluttershy's cottage they could see a small white blob heading for Ponyville ahead of them.

"Mac, I think that's angel!" Applejack said between breaths.

"Eeyup." Was all the red stallion replied before applejack gave a shrill herding whistle, causing the bunny to slow to see what had caused the noise.

"Angel!" AJ called as they caught up to him. "Is something wrong with fluttershy?"

The bunny shook his head and started charading giving first aid.

"An animal is injured?" Big Mac asked.

The bunny again shook his head and pointed to the ponies and made wing flapping motions.

"There's a hurt pegasus?" The two siblings said in unison.

The bunny gave a nod and pointed towards Fluttershy's cottage.

"Let's get the wagon over there, the only reason 'Shy would send Angel is if she couldn't get whoever's injured back to town. Angel, let somepony know that we're bringin an injured pegasus in from Shy's, draw it out if ya haveta." AJ said and the trio split up to execute the plan.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Fluttershy pulled the blood spattered face guard off, the last knot tied in the bandage and relaxed slightly. "That's all I can do..." She muttered as she heard the sound of hoofbeats and something wooden from the direction of the road.

Soon enough the apple siblings and the wagon came into view. Applejack unhitched herself from the harness and went over to the pegasus' side. "What's the pro... oh mah..." She said as she got a look at the other pegasus. "That's one mighty bad wound, let's get her loaded up. Mac, lend a hoof willya." The red stallion nodded and unhitched himself. The three proceeded to gently lift the unconscious mare onto the wagon.

"I'll sit back here and make sure she doesn't get hurt any worse." Fluttershy said. "You two get us there as fast as you can without bouncing her out of the cart... um... if that's not to hard."

"Sure thang sugarcube. Let's go Mac."

"Eeeyup." The stallion replied and they started off down the path at a good pace.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"And so far there have been no reported casualties from the blast. It seems most of the Cloudsdale pegasi were trained to handle something like that in the event that it ever happened." Mayor mare said to twilight who nodded.

"That's good to hear, any news on what that secondary explosion was nearby?" Twilight asked.


"None yet, however the pegasi in the area that reported it said it looked similar to the sonic rainboom in its appearance. I am not quite sure what to make of that."


"Me neither. I don't know of any other pega-" twilight was inturrupted by a smallwhit rabbit poiking her leg. "Who? Oh, hi angel, is Fluttershy here?" The rabbit shook his head before beginning his usual game of charades to convey his message.

He started rrunning on the spot

"She's on her way fast?"

He nodded then mimicked being injured badly.

"She's hurt?" Twilight gasped.

The rabbit shook his head and held up both of his front paws.

"Someone else is?"

Angel nodded then pretended to pass out.

"Whoever's hurt is unconcious?" Angel nodded and motioned that he was done. "Spike, stay here with mayor mare, listen to whaat she says. If Fluttershy is rushing whoever she found here it's bound to be bad." Twilight said, her assistant giving a mock salute as the librarian and the rabbit headed towards the path to fluttershy's.

Comments ( 1 )

I am just wondering if this story will continue? Cuz this was some good story right here! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment