• Published 8th Mar 2017
  • 2,149 Views, 73 Comments

Fall of Starfleet Side Story: Evolution of Friendship - Legendbringer



Sunset finds herself in a world of mystery, war, and battle against the most powerful entity she has met.

  • ...
13
 73
 2,149

Forgiveness! A Rider's Story is Told!

Well that's true, but what you want praise for is a completely different thing, and just as praise can be earned or given, it can just as easily be rejected.

(Just ignore it) she through as thrust after thrust went through her. (remember, you are just his plaything. You owe everything to this man. Your job, your life, your career. Everything) The speed picked up (Just remember, he's infertile, so in the end) release (Nothing will happen.)

Celestia slowly got off the bed, and then began to get dressed as Celesto laid in bed. He smiled at her as he watched her body shimmer her clothes on, "My dear, why not have children? You love me, correct?"

"Yes," Celestia said in a monotone voice, "I just want to wait a little longer."

"Longer? My dear, you have everything, what's to wait," asked Celesto.

Celestia narrowed her eyes, "The death of another student for one. And then Sunset-"

"Sunset is such a bitch. She ran out on her friends and yet you care for her?" asked Celesto, chuckling. "What is she to you?"

"My student," Celestia whispered as she finished putting on her clothes. "And let's not forget Rhymey..."

"Rhymey was a wild card and I am glad he is gone," Celesto said. "That leaves only my perfect students left. Soon, we will have the perfect school. With my best and brightest at the helm."

Celestia ignored this and shook her head before walking out the door.


"She isn't back yet, is she?' asked Grey, as Madylin walked to school.

A long sigh escaped her lips, "She didn't come home, the Digimon are missing, and she isn't answering her phone."

Grey sighed as he leaned against the statue, "Then she doesn't want to be found. Simple as that."

"But it isn't that simple!" Madylin exclaimed. "What about her friends, her team?"

"Did you see how she fired at them, her rage?" asked Grey. "That doesn't go away that fast. She needs time to work through her problems, and we...have to give her that space.

"Madyling sighed, "So what now?"


Twilight looked at herself in the mirror, a frown on her face,"Everyone's going to leave." She began to scratch at her eye,"I can't trust her to stay, I can't trust anyone to stay with me!" She began to scratch at her eye until it began to bleed,"Damn it, damn it, damn it!"

"Twilight, time for school!" Shining Armor said, poindin the door, "Come on, your gonna be late."

"Are you ok, Twily?" asked Shining as he took her to the car and drove her to the school.

"Fine, I'm just fine." Twilight lied.

Twilight looked at the door, putting a bandage over her eye,"Coming!"

"Ah, finally-" Shining paused, "What's with the bandage?"


Twilight smiled,"Oh, I was working on something, and I scratched my eye."


"Let me see,' Shining Armor said, lifting the bandage a little, "Looks like it's healing. Don't pick at it, ok sis?"


"Right." Twilight said with a nod."


Shining Armor walked with Twilight down the stairs, "Good, because when I'm gone, I expect you to be able to take care of yourself.


"What do you mean, gone?" Twilight asked.

Shining gave out a low chuckle, "Well, it's about time I told you. I'm graduating the academy by the end of the year and, there's something else."

"What?" Twilight asked with a gulp.

"I'm getting married after I graduate," Shining said, "To Cadence."

Several emotions went through Twilight's mind:Happiness, Sadness, Anger. The only thing she could say at the moment was,"Oh.”


"Applejack?" asked Pear Butter, opening the door, "Come on dear, this is not like you to sleep in." she said, seeing Applejack looking down. "Dear, what's wrong?"

"Ma it's," she paused, wanting to lie and say it's' nothing. But looking into her eyes and she knew that lying was never an option, "Sunset. She ran on us and, Ah'm just trying to think of what to do now."

Pear looked worried, "Applejack, you know the darling will be fine. Shouldn't also worried be worried about yourself?"

"Not when my friends are in trouble, not when Ah still got," Applejack paused and then sighed as she looked down, "a responsibility to them."

"Abbigail, is there something else?" Pear asked.

"N-no ma. Just, my friends," Applejack said.

Pear sighed and hugged Applejack, "Abbigail, just know...we don't mind what you choose. Don't put on more than you have to."

"Ah won't ma," Applejack said, hugging her mother close.


Rarity sat back in her work room, mascara running down her cheeks. Across from her was a picture of Lex Luthor on business weekly, "I'm just like you, aren't I? Abandoning everyone because I'm a selfish monster who cares only for herself. I try to be good, but it all-"

"Rarity, you have a phone call.”


Pinkie sighed, and looked at the plush alligator on her stomach, "Oh Gummi. It's not like I mean to keep to myself all the time. I just...it's so hard being the girl I have to be since I am trying really hard to get a job. And I have to,"

Looking to her right, she frowned to see Maude come up stairs, "For Maude's sake."

"Are you talking to your plushie again?" asked Maude as she stepped into the room.

"Yep!" Pinkie said with a smile, "I was doing my morning stuff before getting ready for school and I-" she paused as Maude held up a piece of paper, "That's my work schedule."

"When were you going to say something?" Maude asked.

"I was, I really was, when I got the job and I am going for an interview after school today," Pinkie said.

Maude softly shook her head," Pinkie. I know you, I know you love to have fun and be with everyone. But even if you can;t do the things you do without burnout."

"Burn out? But I'm not a match," Pinkie said with a giggle. When she looked at her sister's stoic face, she said, "No time for jokes huh?"

"A superhero, party girl, a friend, a baker, and most importantly a high school student? You can't really tell em that you would be fine with all of this?" Maude said.

Pinkie shrugged, "Well, sure. I wouldn't be."

"Pinkie, I told you on the day you moved here that you have one responsibility, be a student. That's all, so you can be you. I know how you are and you-" she paused and then looked at Pinkie, "Is this about my bills?"

"Wellgtotgobye!" Pinkie said, running off.

---------


"Mom?" Fluttershy said, sitting with her mother, "Could you tell me about my birth father?"


Rainbow Dash got on her bike, "Team meeting time."


Rainbow Dash drove her bike to Fluttershy's front door, where her friend was waiting for her. With a smirk, Dash handed Fluttershy her helmet and invited her on. Fluttershy gave a quiet nod and got on the back, holding a tight grip as she rode off into the city. As the bike rode, Fluttershy whispered, "I-"

"Shy, whatever you need to say, let's talk about it when we get to the school," Dash said.


Sunset stopped her bike in the middle of a large forest. In front of her was a large wooden cabin,"Haven't been here in years." She got off and pulled out a small key. This cabin was her safe place, somewhere she bought with her stash of gems. It was a place she had just in case things went wrong. She used the key to open the door and went inside.

The cabin inside was dusty, a sign of misuse. With a heavy sigh, she threw her helmet onto a small nightstand, and went to the near-by bed. She gave a heavy sigh as she sat on it.

"It's still here, right?" She went under the bed and pulled out a small object wrapped in cloth. Removing the cloth revealed a small journal,"I don't even think she'll respond."

Sunset pulled out a pen, and began to write in it,"Dear Princess Celestia,

I am lost."

For a long while, the book lay dormant and silent. Huddled amongst the dust, it laid unmoving with the rest of the objects in the room...

------------------------------------------------

Celestia looked at her two children with a smile, watching as Castor played with his balls and his sister sat watching the world around her. Knowing the truth of her children, made it hard to watch as he played with the fake sister at times, but she still enjoyed watching. Her ears twitched at the sound of footsteps, "Going to enjoy Nightmare Night, Luna?"

"Yes sister" Luna said, walking to the door, "My team wants to enjoy it and I think we need a break after the war for the empire."

"Yes, that war," Celestia sighed and then looked up, "How are their dreams."

"For the most part, good. Applejack contributed to," Luna was interrupted by a faint buzzing. ""Sister, what is that?"

"Mmmm," Celestia looked to the shelf and saw a dusty journal. "Oh, that was the journal that Lightning used to open the portal to the human world where Sunset is."

"The same portal you destroyed, and the book is-"

"WORKING!" gasped Celestia as she pulled the book from the shelf.

"Mommy?" asked Castor as he walked to his mother as she sat down on a chair, "Why is the book working if the portal isn't."

Celestia smiled warmly, "This book is-" she paused, knowing her son was smart, she also knew to tone down the magic words, "Transdimensional. I had always planned if Sunset ever came back, I would be able to talk to her."

"Is Sunny really my big sister or just my other sister like Twilight?" Castor asked.

Celestia looked down



"You never did tell me how Sunset became your student-"

"Daughter," Celestia whispered.

("Princess! Princess!" shouted Twibright Sparkle as he ran, his old legs creaking under him. "We have a baby."

"Yes, you do. Nightlight, I do believe. He is fully grown, is married, has a son and I do believe they are thinking of having another," Celestia said. "Speaking of which, Kimono is wondering when you are going to retire."

Twibright shook his head," Not me! Please, come!"

Celestia raised an eyebrow at this and went to the castle gate. There, lying on the step, was a dead mare with a red and gold mane. NExt to her, was a little foal of only a few months, crying to the heavens, "My god...How long?"

"The mother, we think was an hour ago, judging by the strange wounds on her back and chest. But we found this baby with the note," he handed her the note with his magic.

"Protect...the...bridge," Celestia read, her eyebrow arched, "Save the balance?" she whispered as she looked to the baby, who was still crying. Celestia nodded, "Get the hoofmaids, clean up the child and bring her to my chambers."

"Yes ma’am."

Hours passed and the baby was resting on her belly looking at the fireplace. Next to her was Celetia, reading a few books, "Come on old man.You must have something. You traveled dimensions before. That does it mean, the bridge and balance. Who is-OOOH!" she gasped when she felt something touch a very sensitive spot. Looking down, she saw the baby trying to nurse.

Celestia sighed, "I'm not with milk child, but" she paused and levitated some milk to the baby and watched as she eagerly sucked on it. Gently, she rubbed her red and yellow mane, "Seems your mother saw in you, a great destiny. Maybe she is right, or maybe she is wrong. All I know right now, is that there is something more important."

The baby looked up and gave a small coo before nursing some more. Celstia sighed, "And that is giving you a family. Now, I know of some orphanages I can send you to. I can watch you grow and measure your OOOH!" she gasped again and looked to see the baby nuzzled her chest fluff.

"Ma?" giggled the baby.

Celestia shook her head, "No child. I am not or can I be. I have so much responsibility and I cannot let myself," she paused when she looked into the green eyes of the baby. Shaking her head, she said, "Ok. I am your mother."

"MA!"

"But, you need a name, child. Mmmm," she looked to the sky, and watched the setting sun, "A bridge between light and dark, a balance.")

I adopted her soon after," Celestia said. "Though not publically, for all the world knew she was the 'daughter' of two low class unicorns in Neigh orleans."

"And now she is talking to you? Perhaps she wants to come home?" asjed luna.

"SISSY!" cheered Castor.

Celestia shook her head, "No, not until this war is done. But I wonder."

As Celestia opened the book, Luna said, "I'll leave you to your conversation, dear sister."

"Lost?"
---------------------------------------------

The book began to vibrate on the table, flipping open the page.

"My dearest Sunset, my daughter...

How are you lost child?"

----------------------------------------


Sunset gasped as she looked at the message,"Celestia!?"

"I can't figure out what to do. Each of my friends are off having their own issues, and I cannot help. I've tried to keep them together, like Twilight would, but... I find myself unable to help any of them.


I wish I could do what she and you could."

"Sunset, not everyone can be Twilight Sparkle or myself. Nor should you. Need I remind you that I have had my own mistakes to own up to. Sins I am still suffering for. You are you, and nothing can change that. Most importantly, you are my daughter. I know you have the skills necessary to keep everyone together. You just have to find your own way."



“What skills? I'm headstrong, always angry, and no matter what I do, I screw up!"

"Oh, and is my little sunshine telling me there is nothing good about her?"

There was almost a giggle tone in the writing.

"Because I know that isn't true and so do you."


"There is nothing good about me, or else, I... wouldn't have left you."

"Sunset," Celestia said, looking down and sighing. in her head, she could see the teenager sitting down in front of her, in her pony form, crying. In the same place, she saw herself as she used to be, walking to her daughter and rubbing hoof under her chin, "You know that isn't true. You left because of my faults. I messed up because I didn't take the time to show that you are great or that I found you to be talented. You left to prove to me how worthy you were, and I ignored it." she turned her head, "But to say that you have nothing good in you... that is a lie because Twilight saw it."

"Stop blaming yourself, Celestia." Sunset frowned,"I made the stupid decision to leave. Just like I made the stupid decision to blow up at my friends and leave town."



Celestia looked down at her, "I don't think the decision to leave was stupid."

"Really?" Sunset looked up, tears in her eyes.

"You were a young adult when you decided to leave me," Celestia said, chuckling. "You were headstrong and had a desire to show how much you had grown to me. You wanted to prove that you were ready no matter what the cost. I...may not have gone the way you have," she slowly shook her head, "But it is what you decided upon. All on your own. And this, is your decision, based on you."

Celestia then sat with Sunset, draping her wing over the unicorn, "And I don't think you are wrong when you want follow your own path. It's what I always wanted my children to do, to stand on their own. You are right now confused, stuck on a problem, and you are finding out how to fix it. You are broken, hurting, and feeling alone. But..."


"You were a young adult when you decided to leave me," Celestia said, chuckling. "You were headstrong and had a desire to show how much you had grown to me. You wanted to prove that you were ready no matter what the cost. I...may not have gone the way you have," she slowly shook her head, "But it is what you decided upon. All on your own. And this, is your decision, based on you."

Sunset sniffled,"Yeah, a problem that I can't seem to solve. I hate that!" She stomped the ground,"I hate when I'm feeling too stupid to solve an issue on my own!"



Celestia looked down at her, "But you are not. You are smart, skilled, and very strong. You tend to think your best when you are at your lowest. Why do you think you and Philomena got along so well." a giggle escaped her lips, "Besides that you two have this nasty habit of tormenting the workers."

"Remember what I said, you have plenty of good points? Do you remember what they are?"


Sunset began to chuckle a little,"I remember me and Philly messing with the guards. Good points? Well, I did create a spell that lets me sleep and learn at the same time."


"And what else?" asked Celestia.

"I..." Sunset stopped her writing,"I don't know..."

"You are a mare who finds strength when backed against the wall, when you are beaten down you rise up again like a phoenix, you are probably more in touch with your emotions than anypony I had ever seen, you speak what's on your mind, and you know more about the good and bad.

"That's a lot more than I expected" Sunset sighed,"I didn't even tell you half of what's going on.

Let me start with Applejack.

She's grown so distant lately, and it's frustrating. I tried texting her to help Fluttershy, and I got no reply, only to find out that she went out to beat some guys at a bar! She keeps telling me how she has no idea of where she wants to go, and her way of figuring things out is to get beat up!?"

Celestia smiled warmly, "You were expecting me to condemn you?" Looking at Sunset, she draped a wing over her and listened about Applejack.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Applejack walked down the stairs to the kitchen, watching as her family eagerly ate breakfast set before them. Before she walked to the table, her mind began to think (Same old family, same old breakfast. Wonder if they expect me to take care of this one day.) she let out a sigh before uncrossing her arms and walking to the table. Following the same movements, she began to eat.

(Even my arm healed quick thanks to these ranger powers. Couldn't even break the rules and get my parents mad at me.) Applejack thought to herself as she ate, trying her best to hide the sadness in her eyes. Slowly she took another bite ( Gotta remember to talk to everyone at the meeting who is leading now. Then what are gonna do about the monsters, who is behind it, where Sunset is and-)

"Abbigail, sweetie," Buttercup called out to Applejack, knocking her out her thoughts, "Are you ok? You seem down."

Applejack shook her head a little,"It's nothing, ma. really." (Just trying to figure out why on earth it feels like the world keeps getting thrown onto my shoulders and everyone wants me to hold them up.)

Bright Mac put down his fork, "Is this about what you were talking to your ma eariler?"

Applebloom looked at the sister, "Is something bad going on? Are you in trouble?"

"No, not in trouble," Applejack said, shaking her head, and then patting Applebloom on the head, "Just get dressed and ready for the bus. Ok?"

"Ok sis!" Applebloom said happily as she skipped away.

Applejack took a slow drink of her soda before leaning back, "Ah'm just thinking about everything Ah have to do. All of this responsibility that everyone is throwing at me. Protecting the city, being a high school student, everything. Ah don't even knw Ah can handle it all. Then there is the farm."

"Now, Abbigail," Bright Mac said, "You know you ma and I don't want you to push yourself too hard. Only take on what you can. You don't even need to worry about the farm now. Just focus on your friends and being Abbigail Jaquiline, high school student."

"Yeah, Ah know pa," Applejack said, getting up and walking to her parents, "It's...just so hard taking it all in."

Buttercup smiled and hugged her daughter, "And if you feel like it's too much, just start throwing some of the pain on us. We can help."

(I don't think you can,) Applejack thought as she broke the hug and walked to her truck, driving off. "Do I even want this?"

----------------------------------------

"She sounds like she is having problems with the responsibility of being a hero, farmer, and student. Interesting, our Applejack continues to feel the weight of Twilight's death on her shoulders, struggling with the pain of being the glue for everyone."

"More like I wasn't expecting a long speech about me. I'm still having a hard time understanding why you're even talking to me right now."

"Then came Rarity. Rarity gained her powers by nearly sacrificing herself. A selfless act, yes, but I hated that she did it without a second thought! I was angry, I was so upset that... I hit her. I wasn't thinking, I was so mad that she nearly threw her entire life away, on what? A hunch? A little warning would have sufficed!

And now she ignores me. Treats me like nothing without even bothering to talk to me about our problems. I...

I blew up at her during an important moment. It was stupid, yeah, I know, but all those emotions just came out at that exact time!"

"You were worried about her, nothing is wrong with that," Celestia said, shaking her head. "You only had me for a friend for so long that you don't always know how to act around others. You want to use what you feel is right at the moment, instead of thinking."


Rarity sighed, looking at the designs around her. Getting up slowly, she walked to the downstairs and put on her clothes. Looking to the sound of the door opening, she felt a warm feeling go through her as the door opened to reveal Applejack, "Your chariot awaits, little lady."

"Thank you, dearest Applejack," Rarity said, taking Applejack's hand in her and walking to the truck. Rarity took one quick look back and sighed as she thought about her work.

Applejack stopped a few few away from the truck and held rarity's hand comfortingly, "Something up?"

"I just got the confirmation email," Rarity sai, looking down. "Don't know how to tell the girls without sounding like I am being selfish or not caring about them. We have so much to do right now. Save the world, find Sunset, and help the city. How can I-"

"Hey," Applejack said, running a hand through Rarity's hair and looking into her friends purple eyes, "We ain't expecting you to give up your dreams to help us, you know."

"I know, it’s just I feel like... focusing on all of this helped to push her away. Like I've become a selfish monster that got rid of a good friend," Rarity said looking away.

Applejack sighed and gave a hug to Rarity, "Rares, Sunset has some problems she's working through. She would've probably blown up even if you hadn't been ignoring her."

Rarity sniffled as she held her friend back ,"It's just, I'm afraid of losing myself and becoming less of a good girl like the Hearts, and more of a Luthor. And If I'm pushing Sunset away, what if I end up pushing others. Fluttershy, Pinkie, Dash...you?"

"Now," green eyes looked back at purple ones warmly, "You know you aint getting rid of me. We have been together for a while." She said, rubbing Rarity's cheek and smiling at her. "And didn't you tell em you had plans on talking to Sunset alone about your problems."

Rarity nodded, and sighed, "I suppose this is something to talk about in the meeting."

---------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure she is avoiding you? Maybe she has been distracted and hasn't had a chance?Twilight told me that it's harder to become like ur worlds' Rarity as opposed to here.

"Twilight." Sunset sighed,"Twilight would've avoided my mistakes."

Celestia chuckled a little at this, "Are you sure?

"Come on, Twilight managed to get the whole school under her banner in a manner of days." Sunset muttered.

"Celestia giggled, "She did not tell you how she falsely accused my niece of being the devil without any evidence or thinking about talking to me first?"

"No way." Sunset blinked,"I thought she'd be smarter than that!"

"I thought she would be too, but, even gods make mistakes," Celestia said.


"Not you, you're perfect." Sunset gave a small smirk at that,"Okay, maybe you're not... but you're perfect to me."

"Thanks you Sunset, but if I was as perfect as ponies make me out to be, then I wouldn't have lost those three most dear to me. It's only by my good graces that my lover and son have yet to be discovered."

"Yeah, care to explain that part? Son and lover?" Sunset asked.

Celestia chuckled as she draped her wing over Sunset. Through the book, she delivered a photo of Discord, "Remember when I told you the story of Discord. And Lightning may have told you I..." ghe let out a small groan at the thought, "Married my world's version of Grand Ruler."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lightning sighed as he looked to Sunset, "Sunset, look. I know that you must not trust me after the last time I was here, but if I am going to try and help here I need to update you on what's going on back home. First of all, your Celestia, much like here, married my Grand Ruler." he paused when he saw the look in Sunset's eyes, "You look...mad."

"Get out." Sunset snarled,"Before I do some real damage."
---------

"Well, you will be happy to know it is a loveless marriage. We have only consummated once," Celestia then smirked as she lowered her head to Sunset's ear, "He squeaks at the end, and then whimpers afterwards."

"That's just ridiculous." Sunset giggled.

"Yes," Clestia giggled. "But Discord...he came to me not long after Fluttershy tamed him."

Celestia smirked at the shocked look, "Oh come on, you know of Fluttershy's strengths. Perhaps other abilities as well. Discord, he said he wanted to engage in a romantic romp with me. He said it was one of the most chaotic emotions he knew of, well," she looked at Sunset, "Next to friendship. He figured I was the best candidate to play with. I consented."

She smiled warmly at the memories, "On night, not long after the marriage to Celesto, he came to me in the middle of the night and he and I..." she blushed at this, "do things I am not going to talk with my daughter one." she then sighed, sending via magic a picture of illusion, "He came from that, your little brother."

"Aw, but isn't Discord, like, totally crazy?" Sunset asked.

Celestia nodded, "Yes, he is. But that is life, isn't it? We surround ourselves with people who drive us crazy or are our opposites when all sense says we shouldn't. Pinkie Pie for instance, should not be as close to Twilight as she is but the way she has acted, you think she lost a little sister."

Sunset bit her lip,"Pinkie... how can someone so happy be so easily broken?"

"Sometimes even the strongest of us, have our weaknesses," Celestia said.

------------------------------------------------

Pinkie frowned as she walked along the sidewalk, kicking a stone. Whenever someone passed her by, she quickly put on her usual smile before frowning again. She looked up and around the city as she just kept on walking. A small sigh escaped her lips, "She's wrong, it's easy being me. I can balance everything, if it means staying her."

A small memory of a man holding a knife flashed through her mind, and she gave out a shudder.

"No, I can't go home, never again." she said, smiling as the school came into view.

----------------------------------------

"I chose to date Discord because I do need madness, chaos, and fun in my life. I do enjoy having the excitement of the unknown," Celestia said, smiling, "After all, I had a young daughter for a few years that gave me some wonderful chaos."

Sunset giggled,"I know, and you were helping with the chaos."

"Me?" Celestia asked, a feigned look of pain in her eyes, "I was always the proper ruler."

"You taught me how to pick locks." Sunset smirked.

“A very useful ability," Celestia said with a smirk. "What if you got trapped somewhere or locked in the cabinet when you practiced teleporting... again."

--------------------------

"Hewp, pwincess! Hewp!"

Celestia looked around, "Where are you?"

"It's dark, and smells like woods and I'm scawed."

Celestia looked up at one of the cabinets and smiled. Using her magic, she opened the door to reveal the 4 year old unicorn

-----------------------------------------


"You just had to bring that up." Sunset chuckled,"Bet Twilight got it worse."


"Twilight... she didn't lear teleporting until after Nightmare Moon. But, she did almost burned down the castle when she practiced Flame Strike for the first time."

-----------------------------------

Celestia gasped as she saw the giant pillar of flame reaching the city of Canterlot. Narrowing her eyes, she teleported up into the sky to block the spell. Angrily she landed and looked for the culprit. NEarby, she saw Twilight, cowering and crying, "Twilight Sparkle! You are-"

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to practice it and it got out of control," Twilgiht cried.

Celestia felt her rage fade into a dull ember, "Just, be safer next time."

---------------------------------------
"Whoa, I mastered that spell quite easily. Weird, huh?" Sunset muttered.

Celestia smiled at her student, her daughter, "You took to magic like none other, my little one. You could master a spell just being told about it. As a matter of fact, I know you mastered Ultima at the age of fourteen, able to use Dragon Slave sans incantation, and could wield magic that I could never think of. Twilight needs practice.

"... I wish I had stayed, for her." Sunset sighed,"She needed my help. I could've showed her so much."

“She saw you as her big sister," Celestia said. "You should've seen her when she came home. She did her usually running through five different plans, but most importantly, she was talking about you like she was expecting a sister to come home."

"... I was this close to coming with her." Sunset said,"But, I had to stay here to protect this world."

Celestia nodded, though she had to hide the tears in her eyes, "And you have done an admirable job. You must believe that, even with this small road bump that you have hit."

"Doesn't seem that small to me. I mean, Fluttershy had an abusive boyfriend, who wanted to use her blood for some reason, and then she got arrested!"

"Arrested?" asked Celestia/.

"Yeah, apparently her boyfriend turned out to be using her to commit murders." Sunset said.

Celestia chuckled, "And I thought our Rhymey was bad. So far all he has done was try and isolate Fluttershy."

-----------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash got off the bike and then took Fluttershy's hands into hers. For a moment, the two paused and looked at each other. In those few precious seconds stood motionless, looking back at one another. Rainbow Dash was the first to break the silence, "So, ready to talk to the others?"

Fluttershy nodded and said, "Yes. We have a lot to talk about."

"You definitely do," Grey said, "And not just about your team either."

"Yeah yeah, mr. Son," Dash said waving off as she walked away.

"Um, Grey, how are others handling it?" Fluttershy asked.

"Starfleet's been keeping to themselves. They all see pretty strung up," Grey said. "How about you?"

"I...just want to move away from thoughts about him," Fluttershy said.

(Elsewhere,)

Harry sighed, walking with Rhymey's corpse to a bright green lake, "I would have warned you to make the ceremony quicker, but you just loved to extend things don't you?"

-----------------------------------------------

"Luckily, my Rhymey was shot by a criminal over here." Sunset said with a smile,"We don't have to worry about him anymore."


"I’d be wary, you might never,"Celestia said looking to her daughter with a cautious look. "It seems you have told me where all of your friends are, at massive turning points in their lives. This is the moment to define who they are. Much like you yourself.

"I almost forgot Rainbow." Sunset said with a frown,"She's feeling just as lost as I am. She's having trouble finding a way to be loyal to herself. She ended up having a crisis of conscience before Flutterhshy's trial.


"A crisis of conscience?"

"I guess she was wondering if there are any reason to stay loyal."

Celestia sighed, "How can one stay loyal, when it seems all are leaving."

I can see why you are experiencing such a crisis of conscience," Celestia said, tucking her chin, "But remember who you are, and how you came to bond with these girls...and I am sure you can find a way to help them.

Sunset scoffed,"I only bonded with them after nearly messing up their lives."

"And what else," asked Celestia."

"Well... I did everything I could to help them after that. It took a lot of work, and a lot of my own blood, sweat, and other bodily fluids."

Celestia nodded and then sighed, "My dearest Sunset, I know you are at the crossroads of your lessons in friendship. You are wondering what is your purpose when it seems like you cannot hold everyone together, or that you can be the leader you need to be. You are doing what you always try and do... find the easy answer. The truth is, the easy answer is here."

At this, Celestia traced a heart along Sunset's chest, "Your heart. As I have said, just look into your past, and remember what makes you strong. The fact that when pushed against the wall, you will burn, but then rise again and again until you win."

"You wish to do everything for your friends, to keep them united and strong? There is no easy answer for that, but one you make with your own hooves... or hands." Celestia took Sunset's hooves in hers and looked into her eyes, "I wish I can tell you what the perfect answer is. I wish I could teach you a shortcut, but I can't. All I can do is to tell you,that you are my little Sunset, the bridge that will unite worlds and the balance that will keep the world safe. I know if you look back and think of where you came from and the bonds you have made, you will find how to protect them."

Ceelstia then sighed, "Just remember my final message, my daughter. And my greatest wish... if you would call me mom, because, I love you"

Sunset teared up,"... Thanks... Mom."

"Now, make sure you wear clean clothing, wash yourself properly, and keep your chin up," Celestia said, smiling as she began to cry, her messages transmitting her tears.

"Yes, Mom." Sunset giggled,"And I'll try to be careful."

"I look forward to hearing from you again," Celestia said, closing the book at least. Looking ack at Illusion, she smiled as she got up, "Illusion, let's go have some fun."

Sunset gave a smile as she held the book close to her body,"See you soon, Mom." She fell back onto the bed, and closed her eyes.


Rumiko clicked the microscope and frowned,"Chirin." She looked to the green beast laying on her bed,"Do you smell something about this thing?"

Chirin nodded,"It smells of the digital world, Rumi,"

Rumiko pulled out the small tablet from the microscope. She had just recently took some of the dust from the previous fight with Junior,"Our enemy must be using the digital world to summon these monsters to Earth." She frowned,"The question is, how do we stop it?" She turned to her computer on her desk,"The best I can do right now is wait for something of the digital world to show up on my sensors..."


Twilight sat at the group meeting, chewing on her pen.

Applejack sighed as everyone walked in, and looked back at a large board. On the front was different lines and pictures on the lines. The pictures were that of the Rainbooms, their gems, Grand Ruler, and the current monsters. Looking back, she said, "All right guys, let's get this thing started."

"Whoa, wait a sec," Rainbow said, stepping out. "I think first we need a new leader until Sunset gets back. And I think we all know it's Applejack."

"Wait, what?" Applejack gasped and looked at her friends, "No, no, no! Ah can't do this. There is no way Ah can possibly lead all of you. Rainbow why not you?"

"Look, AJ. I'm the leader of several different teams in this school, but even I got my limits. I lose a game, I lose a game. No one dies. I fail here and it's game over for one of you, so I can't."

"Count me and Flutterbutter out!" Pinkie said, raising her hand. "I... wouldn't be able to do what Sunset can."

Rarity shook her head and sighed, patting Applejack on the shoulder, "I am sorry my dear, but I can't either. And you know why."

"Ah...Ah..." Applejack stuttered and looked down, a frown creasing her muzzle before sighing. Shaking her head, she said, "All right."

Twilight frowned,"Applejack, you know you're the most dependable of us."

"Yes but..." Applejack paused and let out a sigh, nodding slowly.

"So, what do we do now?" Twilight asked.

“Well, first off, Ah think we should focus on what's been going on with us," Applejack said, frowning a little.

Rainbow Dash looked up as she leaned back on a chair, "What do you mean?"

"Ah mean, ever since the cabin at the end of August we've just been drifting further and further apart. It's almost like it was back when," Applejack paused.

"When Sunset accidentally got us all at each other's throats?" asked Rarity, looking back at Twilight "And when Twilight was-"


Flash smiled as his body slowly transformed in front of Twilight. Licking his lips, he held up a hand and fired a magic bolt at her.


"Oh, I'm sorry, that is to say-"

"We're sorry that we forgot you," Fluttershy whispered.

"Of course you are." Twilight frowned.

Rarity sighed and looked to Twilight “We are dear. You were a dear friend and we shoudln’t have forgotten someone so important to us. We just got...distracted.”

"Yeah, can't imagine what it must be like to be juggling hard work and friendship, especially when said friends don't even care enough to stick around." Twilight snarled.

Applejack scowled, "Twilight."

"Oh, come on!" Twilight shouted,"I'm only speaking the truth! Sunset bailed, and Rarity can't make time for the rest of us, even if it's urgent!"

"It's my career on the line. If you were trying to get something you wanted," Rarity said, standing up and looking down at Twilight.

"Rarity, you can make time, I have applied for plenty of scholarships, it's not that hard!” Twilight got up and crossed her arms.

Rarity sighed and looked to Twilight, "I envy you Twilight, I really do. A girl like you, with your brains, could apply to anything and get into any school she wants. But then there are girls like me who have to work for their school."

A shudder escaped her lips, "I have tried to apply to so many, but it feels like none of them want me. For some reason or another I can't seem to get anything. This scholarship is probably my only chance left.”

Twilight frowned, before sitting back down.

(Oh look at that, she's jealous.)

"That's it, isn't it?" Twilight asked,"Jealousy."

"Jealousy?" Rarity asked

"You are just jealous of my accomplishments," Twilight smirked,"After all, geniuses like me can multitask with ease."

Rarity garped, and then looked down,. Letting out a sihg, she said, "I admit, I am a little jealous. of all of you."

"All of us?" asked Pinkie.

"Applejack, she has her life all set up for her. Rainbow Dash can get a sports scholarship, Fluttershy has a job all set up for her, Pinkie...well, she is working, but me," she looked down, and lightly kicked the ground, "The colleges I want to get into, if I want to be successful, require so much, need so much. The scholarships, I have to jump through hoops to get them."

"What is the Hart Foundation scholarship?" asked Fluttershy.

"It is a very prestigious scholarship set up by the Hart family. People usually go through several stages, eventually ending up in a contest to see who has the best in show. This year it's set in cine to help with relations between countries."

"Near Tibet?" asked Fluttershy.

Twilight frowned,"And of course, you wait until now to explain this. You know, I think Sunset would still be here if you just said things outright instead of not talking to anyone!"


"AND I WANTED TO TALK TO HER AFTER THE TRIAL!!!!" Rarity said, looking down.

"Says the woman who snapped at her, oh what were you saying? 'For the record Sunset, I am helping Applejack and she was the one who told me of the plan. This is not for your sake.' That didn't sound very friendly." Twilight leaned back,"I guess this means we can blame you for Sunset ditching us!" She snarled.

Rarity looked and raised her hand, about to protest. Her eyes looked around at the group, seeing the looks of despair, sadness, and rage that grace each of their faces. With a sniffle, she looked away, "I guess you-"

"We're all to blame," Fluttershy said calmly.

Twilight raised an eyebrow,"What are you talking about, Fluttershy?"

"You have been distant and angry, I was sheltered, Applejack was-" Fluttershy said, only to be interrupted by Applejack.

"Too busy with everyone else. Dash was trying to run, and Pinkie's been caught up in her own problems," Applejack said, nodding. "That's what Sunset basically had been yelling at us when she left."

"Hey, she's been going through a lot too," Dash said, frowning, "She's been stressed trying to keep an eye on all of us, having to fight without powers, and live up to-" she paused, trying her best not to say Twilight's name.

Rarity looked up, "We need a vacation. A chance for all of us to just spend time together and let out all of our problems. Luckily the fall break is coming n a few days."

Fluttershy nodded, "And I do want to head to Tibet and look at that shrine. I need to know more about what Rhymey was after. If this league wants that thing..."

"Oooh, we can start by coming to my first day the day after tomorrow!" Pinkie said excitedly. She looked around, "It would be a big help."

They all gave a nod and looked around. Applejack when broke the silence, "One last question... Twilight, what happened between you and Sunset at the cabin?"

Twilight bit her lip,"Do you really want to know?"

Fluttershy sat with Twilight, "We need to start letting it out, if we are to start healing. Maybe it might help Sunset to see we are together and get her to come home."

Outside of the door, Dick could only sigh at this, "Don't be so sure," he said under his breath and not within range of their hearing, "Sunset has a lot of baggage and it's going to take some self-discovery before she comes back."

Twilight frowned and looked at the ground,"I confessed..."

(Twilight pushed up her glasses as she walked towards the cabin,"You can do this, Twi, you can do this." She breathed in and out,"After all, you've practiced so much in the mirror." She stopped at the door,"But, what if she says no? Oh, man, I don't think I can handle this!" She stepped back,"Although, it'll hurt you inside even more if you don't say anything." She scraped the ground with her foot,"But what if she hates you forever!? What if she thinks you’re a freak!?"

"What are you mumbling about?" Sunset asked, standing in the doorway.

Twilight yelped in surprise,"Um," She let out a breath,"Moment of truth, Twilight. Sunset, I need to confess something to you... in your cabin."

Sunset nodded and motioned for her to come in. The two of them sat on her bed,"What do you want to confess?" She asked, putting her hand on Twilight's shoulder.

Twilight blushed at this,"Um, well, you see," She began to breath heavily,"Um, I... Iminlovewithyou!" She said quickly. She winced. Her eyes were closed as silence filled the room,'Silence? That's good, usually in romance movies, that means she's think-'

"What!?" Sunset scooted back in surprise.

Twilight gulped,"Oh, no, was it too sudden? Oh, no, you think I'm a freak, don't you!?" her eyes began to water.

Sunset shook her head,"No... it was just so... sudden." She frowned, turning her head to the floor,"I... wow." She shook her head,"I mean, I was expecting a lot of things this summer, having one of my friends freaking fall in love with me is not one of them!"

Twilight gulped,"Well, it happened," She chuckled,"So..."

"Twilight..." Sunset rubbed her temples,"I just broke up with a guy. I'm not ready for another relationship." She let out a heavy sigh,"Also, I don't know if I'm even bisexual here, so getting into a relationship with another girl isn't something I'm exactly going to jump into." She held up her hands,"I'm flattered, I really am, but... " She waved her hand in the air,"I- darn it, you've let guys down before, why not her-" She grumbled under her breath,"Okay, look, I see the other you as a little sister, and I can't just fall in love with my little sister in an alternate universe. I think it'd be better if we were just friends."

Twilight stared into the distance,"Really?" She asked.

"That and..." Sunset looked away,"I may not be here much longer, so I don't think it'll work out anyway."

Tears fell to the ground as Twilight sniffled,"Okay..." She got up and walked out of the cabin.)

Fluttershy let out a gasp as Twilight came to the end of the story. Rarity, Pinkie, and Fluttershy all came to hug her, "Oh, Twilight, I'm sorry, I didn't know." she said.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, "Don't really see the big deal. I mean, she confessed, she said no. End of story."

"Rainbow!" Rarity said, looking up, "Think about it from Twilight's perspective. She has had her mind wiped, out into a coma, and then lived an isolated life for three years. Then when she came back, she was saved by Sunset. The poor dear, probably has to deal with hundred of emotional issues."

"Well, I-"

"Just think of what you would do if the one you had started to feel for, said," Rarity paused and looked to Applejack, feeling a sudden heat rush to her cheeks. Quickly looking away, she said, "No."

Rainbow Dash looked at Fluttershy, and for a brief moment, their eyes locked. Dash turned her head away and sighed about this. Pinkie was the next to speak as she rubbed Twilight's back, "Twilight, it's going to be ok. Sunset was just trying to be nice and help you. She probably didn't know the best way either."

Twilight glared at the ground,"It doesn't matter now anyway..."

"Hey what is with that?" Pinkie said, "Sunset will come back and we can with her then."

"Sunset's never coming back." Twilight muttered.

“How can you say that?" Pinkie asked.

"Because that's the way things are going!" Twilight shouted,"She hates all of us, and she's never coming back, stop lying to yourself..." She began to sob,"She's not coming back..."

Pinkie hugged Twilight close, followed by the others, ""She will... you came back."

"Did I?" Twilight asked.

Fluttershy nodded, "You disappeared after getting hit with Flash's spell, and then you found your way back to us. You came home."


"But I'm not the same person as I was when he hit me." Twilight muttered.

"No, but you are still here, and you are you." Pinkie said with a smile and then rubbed her forehead, "And that's the best you."

The bell then rang overhead, announcing the end of the study hall period, "End of class, time to head back." Applejack said, standing up and looking to the door. Straightening er hat, she said, "Ah hope Celestia has some excuses for Sunset. Let's just go to class and meet after school to get everything set up."

With a simple nod, the girl began to leave. Rarity stepped up to Applejack and placed her hand onto her friend's shoulder, "Applejack, dear. I'm sorry that we all had to-"

"Look, don't apologize, all right?" Applejack said, frowning, taking a look over her shoulder at Rarity, "You are all right, Ah'm the best girl for the job. Ah have to take up the reigns. Just another responsibility for the pillar, the freaking element of honesty, the hero of mystic island! Another job to do. I'm all ready and able to jump into the frey."

"Applejack, you," Rarity said, shaking her head before giving Rarity a hug, holding her close, "Don't have to be alone in this. We are all here."

Applejack sighed, "Thanks Rares, thank you," she said, hugging Rarity back for a few moments.

Dash looked at Fluttershy, "W-walk you back?"

"Um sure," Fluttershy said with a smile.

Pinkie looked back at Twilight, "Are you sure you are ok?"

(Don't trust them, don't be nice to them.)

Twilight frowned,"... I'm fine.."

Rumiko stepped into class, bags under her eyes,"Welcome back class," She looked at an empty desk,"Where's Sunset Shimmer?"

Applejack looked up and shook her head, "Um, she is...."

"Sick with the measles," a young man with short cut white hair said, a black streak running through his hair.

"Measles, huh, poor kid." Rumiko muttered,"Well, I hope she does better-" She narrowed her eyes at him,"Hello, I don't believe I've seen you in my class before. Are you a new student?"

"Why yes I am," the man said, bowing to the teacher, "You may call me Tran. Tran zavy Ram."

Rumiko smiled as best she could,"Welcome to the class, Tran. Sorry if I look a little worn, I've had a long day. Never get old, students." She got up from her desk,"You've come on a good day, for today, I have a lab project for you." She pulled out a small vial filled with some dust,"I want you to inspect the properties of monster remains. What I'm holding here is the leftover dust from various monsters throughout history. I'm going to give each of you a small bit of it, and you are going to heat it up in the provided hotplate. Then, you are to record what you see in the flames. Any questions?" Rumiko asked.

Tran nodded, "Yes, would any of these monster attacks be recent or would be circa 1992, before the might morphin team showed up?"

Rumiko smiled,"Some of these come from the most recent attacks, but yes, you will see some from the 90s on up."

Taranee raised her hand, "Ma’am, are we sure that fire won't resurrect any of these monsters?"

Rumiko laughed,"This experiment has been done before, the chance that a monster would be revived are slim to none."

Taranee sighed and began to heat up the monster remnants. For the next few minutes the room was silent as they began to heat the ashes, each getting a different result. However, all were shocked when they began to look at the flame near Tran. His fire began to burst and dance, changing colors every few minutes as if it was magic. Smiling, he walked over to Rumiko and gave her a full detail report, "Here you go teacher. A full report on the monster properties, and which ranger team killed it.”

Rumiko took the paper, and blinked,"Amazing... what a very detailed and amazing report. Dare I say, it's probably the most interesting report I've ever seen, it's like you've got experience with this." she smiled at him,"You are a very gifted student, Tran, A+."

Twilight blinked, noticing the normal A on her paper,"But... how?"

Tran walked to Twilight, and gently flipped her hair. Leaning in close enough to smell her scent, "I am smarter than you."


"Ok, we are going to do some laps before we move onto to free gym," Grey said. looking at the group.

Applejack looked at Twilight, "The guy did what?"

Twilight lightly jogged a little,"He said he was smarter than me after getting a better grade. It was really weird."

"Now that’s just silly. Ah mean, how can he," suddently a wind passed by the two as they ran by, followed by the second, "Hey! No powers!"

As they ran by, they soon caught up to a panting Rainbow Dash as she was forced to slow down to allow her friends to catch up, ""Girls, he isn't using any super-powers." she said, shaking her head in shock, "That guy’s just that fast."

Tran smirked as she laped the girls, pausing for a moment to lean in to Dash's ear and whispered, "I am faster."

Twilight narrowed her eyes,"That's inhuman."

"Reminds me of Lightning Dawn," Dash panted, "When he was acting like he was somehow faster than I was, but here...."

"It doesn't look like he's using superpowers." Twilight realized,"What is he?"

"You tell me," Applejack said, gasping in shock as she watched him go to the weights, "No bucking way."

"He's not stronger than you..." Twilight said with a frown.

Tran looked over his shoulder at the three onlookers and smiled. Grabbing some weights, he began to add more and more until he reached 550lbs. As he did, a girl with light green hair whispered, "That's more than Applejack's usual."

"Raindrops, you don't think that he can really beat her record," asked Snail, looking up to his big sister.

"Look, just because he can beach Dash in a race, doesn't mean he can bench press all of that." Raindrops said shaking her head, "Applejack is stronger than me and you know I am the second strongest in the school, next to Grand Ruler's students. this will be-"

There was a gasp as they all watched Tran beginning to do a small series of reps with his weights. After putting down the weight, he walked to Applejack and smiled, "I am stronger than you." he said, tucking Applejack's chin.

Twilight's eyes widened,"That's crazy..."

"What is so crazy about it," asked Tranza as he walked away, "Stronger people appear all of the time. Perhaps you just weren't good enough."

"Just wasn't good enough..." Twilight looked down at the ground.

Rarity looked down as she heard the information from Twilight, "That's three down. This man, he reminds me of Lightning. Remember how it almost looked like that he was better than us in everything."

"Was he really though," Carrot Top, who was sitting across from Rarity asked, "I keep trying to remember the first day he was here or anything from our freshman year but-"

"But what?" asked Rarity.

"It hurts," Carrot Top said, looking down, "And it's getting disturbing-"

"Ahem," Emerald Shaina said, looking at the talking girls, "If you are done speaking, We need to focus."

"Yes Ms. Shaina." said the three.

Carrot Top whispered, "What is the student aid doing teaching. What, are her student loans that bad?"

Shain nodded and frowned, "To answer everyone's question, yes, my loans are that bad. But, I am also doing this because Kudos is teaching a seminar at Star labs. Now who would love to tell me how hormones can help define our sense of beauty?"

Before Rarity could answer, a hand shot up, "It could be in a different of ways. The age of a woman and her looks could make it hard for us to get excited. The smell of another could make us forget the sight and the use of make up could even affect the senses."

"Thank you, Tran." Shaina said.

Tranza smirked and looked to Rarity, tucking her chin, "You are not as empathic as I am."

Twilight frowned,"How could he even be better at that!?" she whispered.

As the bell rang, Tran leaned to Twilight's ear and whispered, "Because you just aren't worth of all of this."

(He's right.)

"Damn it." Twilight muttered,"This is just what I need..."

"Twilight,' Rarity whispered, "who is he?"

"I don't know but he scares me." Twilight said.

Grey sat at the cafeteria table and watched as Rumiko walked by, "Miss Nonaka. Care to tell me about our new student?"

Rumiko looked at him, before sitting down in front of him,"Well, he seems to be intelligent and very gifted. Oddly, though, I don't remember being told I was going to have a new student in my class..." Rumiko scratched her chin.

Grey looked at her questiongly, "Weird, neither did I. He was able to beat some particular students in my class at their raw talents."

"Hmm, interesting, he beat one of my students in her raw talent as well." Rumiko frowned.

"Twilight, Rainbow, and Applejack. One is a coincidence, three is a conspiracy," Grey said, a dark shadow resting on his head, "I don't think it's a coincidence that the three are rangers, do you?"

"Of course not." Rumiko frowned,"But we can't say anything, otherwise we might make things worse. But you seem awfully interested for a normal average teacher."

"What can I say, I am a very good teacher. And I am very interested in the lives of my students. You know the feeling right, Ms. Nonaka. We both have an interest in these particular students

"Yes, we do. But we are both average teachers who want to be invested in our student's future, aren't we?" Rumiko smirked.

"Of course," Grey said, silently drinking his coffee.

--------

Applejack frowned as she drank her soda, "Three of us? The jerk beat three of us in our skills? How is this possible."

"Makes you think about Lightning, doesn't it?" asked Dash.

Twilight frowned,"Yeah, except Lightning was more open about it."

"And a braggart!" said Rainbow Dash, "It was like every five minutes he had to show us up at something."

"Hey!" frowned Starla "He had a... good quality."

Buddy looked away and asked, "What good quality."

"But he wasn’t a braggart. I mean, he... didn't show off that often." Starla said, "at least his dog didn't attack birds."

"I thought Spike wasn't the type," whispered Fluttershy

Twilight stared at Starla,"Starla, you know what's going to happen if you say that again?"

"What, you going to yell and rant or something?" asked Starla.

"No, I'm going to release all of your personal information to the entire populace. Every embarrasing moment, every crime, every stupid photo, it's going to be public." Twilight snarled.

"You think I have some crimes, I have nothing to hide you mangy nutcase!

Twilight laughed sinisterly,"Oh, really? It doesn't have to be crimes, Starla. Stalkers, creeps, all sorts of criminals would have your number and address."

"You wouldn't dare," Growled Starla standing up.

Twilight pulled out her phone, and began to type. Suddenly, a text appeared on Starla's phone

"I already hacked your phone, Starla."

That was when a gentle hand was placed on Twilight's "You don't really need to do this. This was just a misunderstanding."

"I guess," sighed Starla.

Tran smiled at Twilight, "Everything will be fine, don't."

Then he whispered in Fluttershy's ear, "You are never going to be as kind as I am."

Twilight shuddered from his touch,"W-what..."

"Did he just, calm down Starla?" asped Fluttershy.

Applejack frowned, "Ok, he's starting to creep me out. Twilight, Rarity is in your next class right?"

Twilight nodded,"If things keep going like they are, so he may be there too."

Grey looked back at Tran and then to Rumiko, "So, thoughts no our little student?

"I'd say he's definitely one to investigate, at least in secret." Rumiko said.

"And I assure you have already been doing that?"

"Maybe, you?" Rumiko asked.

"What do you think?" asked Grey as he left the table

"Same answer as mine, I suppose." Rumiko went the opposite direction.

Artie watched as Twilight walked into the room, "Twilight, I haven't seen Sunset in a while. Is there a probelm."

"Sunset's gone." Twilight snapped, glaring at him,"And that's all you need to know."

"Hey, I'm trying to fix some bridges. After the death of three of my teammates, I'm kind of worried about others you know," Artie said.

"Oh, yes, come to me after the death of three of YOUR team." Twilight chuckled darkly,"Do you think we're in danger? Hah, you should be worried about yourselves. You mean nothing in the grand scheme of things, you should know this."

"Hey, I'm alive. I have meaning, you know. You don't have a right to tell someone that they don't matter.”

"I'm smarter, stronger, and more capable than you." Twilight got up and walked up to Artie,"I do have a right to tell someone they don't matter."

"That doesn't give you the right! That's not what good people do," said Artie.

"Good?" Twilight chuckled,"Wishing for the deaths of the worthless is good for people like me."

"You don't really mean that, do you?" asked Artie.

Twilight leaned in closer to him,"Of course, I am a scientist."

"Being a scientist isn't a certificate to be cruel.”

"It all depends on perspective." Twilight frowned,"After all, you and your little friends have not proven to be the kindest around. Would anyone really miss you when you are gone?"

"Well, I..." he looked down and then asked, "How would your friends think of you as you are now...

Twilight's mouth turned up into a manic grin,"You're acting like I-" She shook her head,"I mean, they care too much."

Artie sighed and shook his head, "No such thing."

Twilight frowned,"The fact that they tolerate you shows that there is such a thing."

"No, there isn't. Your friends must care about you a lot. They let you back without question," Artie said, "Do you even remember what it was like?"


"What?" Twilight snarled.


"Do you even remember what it was like back before you were mind raped by Flash," asked Artie, "All that you went through."

Twilight thought back, and then held her head,"Ah, I can't... remember..."

Artie sighed, and shook his head as he heard the bell ring, "I am sorry that you can't remember."

Rarity walked to Twilight "Are you all right?"

Twilight frowned, silently sitting down in her chair.

"Twilight,"whispered Rarity, "Are you there? I didn't see if our mutual opponent was done talking to Pinkie.

Twilight grumbled a little,"I didn't see it either."

"Are you sure you are all right thought?"asked Rarity. "You seem lost. What did Artie say.”

"He said nothing." Twilight frowned,"I said everything I needed to say.

"Twilight, are you sure you don't want to take a moment and talk more about what has happened to you? I think a lot of this is affecting you worse than you let on-”


Twilight snapped,"I'm sure!"

Rarity pulled away and nodded, "Wll, he didn't seem to come for Pinkie here. Wonder where he'll attack her

“Maybe a better party planner.” Twilight said.

"Surely he would try something better than that," Rarity remarked.

"He managed to beat Fluttershy at being the mediator." Twilight said with a frown,"Not sure how that even works."

"Because he hit her at her inner spirit and best strength, but Pinkie is more than a baker, how would he hurt her being hopeful?”

"By... giving people more hope?" Twilight asked,"I don't know, I don't have the answers!" She slammed her fist on the desk,"If only Sunset were here, she could figure something out, stop him, or even punch him in the face!"

Rarity sighed, "But Sunset isn't here. That is why we have Applejack as a leader, and then you."

"Me?" Twilight asked.

Rarity nodded, "Of course, even without Sunset, you are still one of our brains." and with that she walked away

Twilight mutter"What's the point if you're just a replacement?"

"Twilight, you're not-" she tried to say but watched as Twilight left into the crowd.

You are , you know.

"I know..." Twilight whispered

(they only latch onto you because they have no choice


"Yes..." Twilight whispered.

(Face it, you are just a little speck in their whole adventure. You don't even have a dream)


"What am I even doing here?"

Applejack walked up to Twilight, "You said something?"

Twilight shook her head,"Nothing..."

"Well, the school is ending, let's go to Sugar Cube Corner and cheer Pinkie on," Applejack said.


Artie sighed as he closed the door of his locker. All around he watched as the students walk by, talking to their friends. Then he looked to his side and shook his head, noticing the lack of his friends. Walking away from the lockers, he could hear the grumblings of Starla, "Stipid group, stupid team. They have their powers back and now most of them are all superheroes. They are practically taking it away from us."

"Were we ever really heroes," asked Artie as he made his way to Starla. "All we did was just fight some monsters once in a while. Then we just stood back, reveled in our fame, and held our superiority over everyone. What kind of heroes are that."

"Are you saying it would be better if we went unloved as heroes?" asked Starla.

"Are we loved now?" Artie asked, "Has anyone mourned Rhymey other than the teachers? What about Dno and Myte? We should be sadder, but here we are, acting like nothing happened."

"It's what Grand Ruler taught us. Don't worry too much about it, and revel in being heroes. We kept being taught on how to live by him," Buddy said, walking and shaking his head, "And where has that gotten us."

"Nowhere," Artie said. "Why did we even join up with him anyway? What was our point."

"Well, we came together because Grand Ruler adopted us and turned us into his students. He trained us in martial arts and-"

"I wasn't an orphan though, my parents are still alive. Why would a guy do that, what was he trying to accomplish. What did we by agreeing with him," asked Artie.

Starla said nothing, continuing ahead, listening to Artie ask, "Why are we here."


"Oh, what are we cheering her on for again?" Twilight asked.

Rarity walked with Twilight, "Do a good job on her first day."

Twilight nodded,"Oh, right..."

"Twilight," Rarity looked at her, "What are you going to do when this is all over?"

"I don't know." Twilight said with a frown.

"Why not?" asked Rarity

"Well, maybe the fact that I've been in a coma for a while has made it hard for me to think straight, add on to that all the stress I've been dealing with!"

Rarity looked down, "I am just trying to help ease your mind off of this. We have all been stressed. And Sunset isn't really here to have a heart to heart like she did with us."

"Not that you helped." Twilight muttered.

Rarity looked down, "And you have no idea how much that-"

"Girls!" Pinkie said, smiling as she beckoned the inside, "Glad you can make it, the others are at the usual Table!" she then zipped back in to take care of the others.

Twilight sighed, walking to the others,"Sorry I'm late."

"Eh, it's ok," Dash said, "We're still on the lookout for Tran."

"Did he talk to Pinkie yet?" Twilight asked,"I didn't see him at the end of the day."

The other girls slowly shook their heads.

Twilight sighed,"Then that might mean he'll come here, if the pattern continues."

"Aw come on, let's not focus on that," Pinkie said, holding you a notepad, "Lets order."

"I'll have my usual." Twilight muttered.

"You got it!" Pinkie said, rushing off

Twilight leaned on the table, and sighed,"She seems so happy..."

"Well, what you expect," Applejack said sitting down with her, "She is in her element, and doing what she loves the most. Making everyone happy."

Twilight's eyes widened,"Tran." She got up,"Tran's going to appear here."

"How can you be so-" Applejack was quickly interrupted by the music.

Pinkie paused as she looked, "What."

Twilight had an unamused frown on her face,"Seriously?"



Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy

Tran walked to each person, giving them a treat or a snack.

In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now
don't worry

With each person, he also talked thier problems over, helping them to destress.

(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The landlord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy
Oh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh don't worry, be happy
Here I give you my phone number, when you worry, call me, I make you happy, don't worry, be happy)
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no gal to make you smile
Don't worry, be happy
'Cause when you worry your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, be happy
Now there, is this song I wrote
I hope you learned note for note
Like good little children, don't worry, be happy
Now listen to what I said, in your life expect some trouble
When you worry you make it double
But don't worry, be happy, be happy now
don't worry
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, be happy
don't worry
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, be happy
don't worry, don't worry
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, don't do it, be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) put a smile in your face
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't bring everybody down like this
don't worry
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) it will soon pass, whatever it is
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) don't worry, be happy
(Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh) I'm not worried, I'm happy

As Tran left the room with everyone happy, he leaned into Pinkie's ear and whispered ,"You can't make people a s filled with hope as I can."

Twilight got up and ran to Pinkie,"Pinkie?"

Pinke took a moment to step back in shock, "He us...he just..." her eyes remained wide as she watched the man walk out without a care, "showed me up."

"Yeah, didn't think he could find a way." Twilight shook her head,"Something up with that guy, and I think we need to find out what."

Dash shook her head, "Ok, any idea where to start genius?

Twilight began to walk out the door, and sighed,"Sunset, we could really use your help right now."

(Of course, you need her. It's all you are good for.)

"Let's just find him." Twilight said,"You know, voices, if you want to make me feel bad, could you be more useful and help me out?"

(... excuse me?)


"I'm just saying, can you at least tell me where this guy is? I mean, I believe you, I really do, but all you're doing is saying the same things over and over again, so I'm begging you, at least, try to help? Otherwise, I'm just gonna drown you out with Symphony of Science." Twilight said, tapping her foot.

(I am just shocked that you are actually asking me for help. It's quite... strange.)


"What were you expecting me not to try that?" Twilight asked, leaning on a wall,"Now can you help or not?"

(*sighs* You know, I never expected you to pull this off. But sure, he most likely ran down that alley.)

"Down that alley, girls!" Twilight shouted,"I've got a hunch he went down there!"

"But how did you-"Applejack began to ask

"Not important!" Twilight shouted.

They ran down the alley to find Tran, leaning against the wall and drinking a can of Corporate Soda, "Mmmm, tastes like evil."

Twilight glared at him,"Alright, who are you, really!?"

He stepped into the light, black fog covering him until his body was encased in black and white armor. Shimmering white hair came out in a pompadour as he stepped towards the siix, "Emperor Tranza the First of the Vyram. A pleasure to meet your acquaintance."

"Oh god, why can't we fight anyone with sensible looks? "asked Rainbow, facepalming.

Tranza frowned, "I'll ignore that insult. But I must say that I am glad to have finally met all sev-I am sorry, six of you."

Twilight winced at that,"So, another monster come to kill us?"

"Monster?! I am a monster to you? I would consider myself a god frankly.”

Twilight frowned,"You humiliated us, for what? Just to toy with us?"

"Yes.”

"Then you are a monster!" Twilight shouted,"And we have to stop you!"

Applejack held out her arms as she girls got out their morphers, "Why?"

"Why? You asked why I humiliated you all in your specialties and make you feel weaker? Simple, it was all for fun," Tranza said, walking side to side smirking, "After all, it is so boring to destroy the heroes with my power as always."

Around his waist, metal objects formed a belt. Flutershy gasped, "Morphers."

"Decimated all who stood in my way. When I was given the chance to kill you sev-I am sorry, six, I jumped at the call, so to speak.”

"You keep saying seven, it's like you're mocking us." Twilight whispered.

"In cse the nerd is wondering, yes I am mocking you."

Twilight frowned,"You... "

"Yes, me, but I know what you want. You want the big duel, the epic battle, but" he yawned, "I hate fighting in the evening. No one is around to see you win. So, how about this. You sev-I mean six rest. Spend time with your loves... well, those who have them. and then meet me in the deserted field at, oh say 1? Tata." and with that he teleported away.

Twilight sighed and turned away,"We'll be there."Twilight looked up at the sky,"Sunset..."


Unos watched the scene play out and sigh, before walking away. As he began to teleport away, he heard from behind, "You mad?"

"Mad, why?" aske Unos.

"Oh, you know. Doing something so dishonorable like messing with the heads of the girls, embarrassing them, and hurting them. You seem to be the man who has some sort of code that he adheres to, and to a disgusting level as well," said Tranza with a chuckle, shrugging and skipping across the rooftop.

Unos nodded, "Well, I do admit, it was kind of underhanded to hurt them in their self-esteem. You should've revealed yourself out front and-"

"And what? Lose like the other five?" Tranza said, smirking, "Where are we now? four are dead in the ground and one is currently missing, traveling the multiverse. Was that to be my destiny? I only agreed to this little mission because I was bored. Well, that and to show my power."

"Your power is pathetic," dismissed Unos. "You trick, you break your opponents down and-"

"I have conquered every challenge thrown my way. Every time a new ranger team arose to fight me, I defeated them. And with their villains too: Bandora, Bulldont, Shadam, the list goes on." Tranzsa said, walking around Unos. "And you and your side have yet to gain any ground in those grand scheme of yours. Wich, I might add, is remarkable. To change fate, beautiful. I hope you don't mind if I see what I can do later.”

"You try anything and my father-"

"Oy, your father, your father. Tell me lad, is the real reason you are accomplishing this task is so your father can change things, or is it for a name," asked Tranza, chuckling, "Right no, your sister is poised to become your father's heir. Isn't that interesting? The house of Ed, known for having strong male children, will have its first female ruler in eons. Doesn't that burn you-"

Unos interrupted Tranza by pulling out his sword and pointing it at his nose, "Keep going and see if I don't draw blood this night."

Traze did not flinch as he looked at Unos, "I am not scared of a boy who is lost."


(20 years ago, in Equestria.)

Sunset yawned as she got up, and smiled as she began to think over what she learned,"My spell to learn while I sleep was a success!" She pumped her hoof up in victory. A little phoenix chirped next to her,"That's right, Philomena, when I become princess, I will make laziness a thing to be cherished!"

"Miss Shimmer, time for your magical demonstration," said a mare, with soft pink mane. "Then your mo-I mean Princess Celestia wants to talk with you."

Sunset gasped,"Oh, is she going to tell me how awesome I'm gonna be!?" She ran up to the mare,"I'll be there!"

"Yes, she is going to tell you how awesome you are going to be," said quietly, softly shaking her head. "Sunset, you must know not to focus so much on power."

Sunset blew a raspberry,"Who are you, my teacher? Power means a lot, ya know? If we weren't powerful, we'd be weak!"

"But you know there is more to it than that. What about you know, other stuff, like friends and people to share it with?" she asked as she led Sunset to the room.

"Heh, if I had people with me, they'd be dead, because I'd be fighting so many bad guys, you wouldn't believe! I could even take on Discord!" Sunset said with a grin.


"If that is true, then you won't mind demonstrating your power, miss Shimmer. We have heard that you mastered some high level spells?"

"Right here?" Sunset asked,"Um, you sure?"

The tester chuckled, "My dear, I was alive when Copper Field demonstrated the disappear spell at a young age. I had read up on the legend of Cloud Strife, the history of Terra Ford, and Shameless Plug. I think you have to try had to show something special “

"Huh, well, I'm not sure how to show you my sleep-reading spell, but I do have this ability!" Sunset began to chant,"Darkness beyond Twilight..."

Everypony in that room watched on in shock, "No..." was the hushed whisper.

Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand
before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand
Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed
by the power you and I possess..."

Sunset's horn glowed red, a large orb appearing in front of her,"Dragon Slave!" She fired it at a wall from afar.

The room remained quiet, all ponies sat in total awe at the sight before them. After a few long moments of silence, there was a small clapping from the back of the room ,"I take it there are no more questions of my student's progress?" asked Princess Celestia as she walked toward the room, "Untapped power and almost an unparalleled balance of her mana levels. She is absolutely amazing."

Sunset bowed,"Oh no, keep telling ponies how awesome I am, Mom."

Celestia smiled as she nuzzled her students, "Is it not proper for me to compliment my little girl? I think this little demonstration is over." Turning around Celestia began to walk out the door, "Sunset, come."

Sunset hopped along behind her,"So, you're not mad about the destroyed wall?"

"No, little one," Celesita said, "This is just an opportunity for Mason and his little boys to bond together and fix the wall. I hear that the twins are going to get their cutie mares at this.

Sunset giggled,"See, I knew I can do good!" She looked up at Celestia,"So, now what are we doing!?"

"I want to talk with you about...power," Celestia said, looking to her students as she bounced happily. With a sigh, she asked, "Do you think power is at its best when held by an individual or separately?


Sunset stopped, and put a hoof to her chin,"Well, individually of course! If power was divided amongst several ponies, it wouldn't be very potent!"

"Oh?" Celestia asked, " and what makes you say that?" she asked as the two walked by a stained glass window showing two alicorn sisters blasting a draconequus

Sunset trotted along,"Duh, simple mathematics! If a power is divided, it's obviously weaker! So, power is at its best when it's a single pony."

Celestia stopped for a moment, "And you do not think that power split can make individuals stronger?"

"Of course not, it makes no sense!" Sunset rolled her eyes.

"It doesn't?" asked Celestia.

"Duh, a division would make things weaker! Wouldn't you feed more if you had one whole apple rather than a split one?" Sunset asked.

Celestia sighed, "But if you split an apple, then everyone would get an equal piece, and no one would be hungry. Thus each you would all be strong enough to hold each other up, making the sont one stronger than the sum of its parts." Staying in front of a glass window, reflecting an image of Nightmare Moon being blasted away by Celestia. "I wish you’d understand the most important lesson I am teaching you."

"That you can't do math?" Sunset cocked her head.

"No," Celestia said, shaking her head, "That you can have all of the power in the world, but it means nothing, if there is no one to share it with you. And that for all of your power, it pales to what you can achieve when you have others backing you up and destroying your weaknesses.

Sunset grinned,"That assumes I have any weaknesses."

"You think too highly of yourself, for one so young," Celesita said.


"When you're as strong as I am, you deserve to be." Sunset said, strutting off.


(6 years later...)

Sunset looked up, seeing the face of the newest princess,"So... you're Princess Cadence." The teenaged mare said, getting up.

Cadence smiled, a warm look in her eyes, "Yes, and you are Auntie Celestia's 'student'? The way she talks, she treats you more like her daughter."

"Because for all intents and purposes, I am." Sunset frowned,"And yet, you got the wings." she snarled,"And the crown, for what? Holding hooves with somepony!?"

Cadence looked down, "There was a little more to it than that. I wasn't born a unicorn, but a pegasus, and I had gotten a cutie mark on the worst day of my life. When I watched a witch uses her magic to turn my adoptive parents against one another and killed each other. Without any magic training, I was able to reverse the spell and turn Prisma good. I got the horn and crown because I did something that showed off the pinnacle of my cutie mark."

"Oh, great!" Sunset rolled her eyes,"I work my butt off for years, getting nothing, but you? Heh, you just do one thing, and boom, horn and crown, and now you're Celestia's niece all of a sudden!? Are you even qualified, or did Celly take you in because she felt sorry for you!?"

"Sunset, I don't know what I did for you to say such things, but I think you are being rather cruel. Al I want to do is be your friend," Cadence said.

"You!?" Sunset glared at her,"You did nothing, and that's the problem! Mommy Dearest gave you the highest position ever, besides Empress, and me? I'm relegated to Student! I'm more deserving of the Princess title than you are!"

"Oh really? and how?!

"I actually studied, I can do magic, I can actually lead these ponies, what can you do!?" Sunset shouted.


Cadence smirked as her horn flared up, "I can do this."

For a few moments, Sunset could feel extremely happy and loving towards everything she met or saw.

“Oh, for some reason, I feel so happy!" Sunset smiled, hugging Cadence. She then turned to the table,"I love you table." Then she saw her own tail, “And I love you tail. Oh, come back to me tail!” she said chasing her own tail for a moment, “Why must you run away from me and deny me our love! I will have you!”

Cadence held a hoof up to her lips, holding nad hiding her giggle, "Don't worry, it's just a hyper emotion spell. It'll wear off in a few minutes."

"Princess Mi Amore Cadenza," Celestia said, stepping in. Using her horn she dispelled Cadence magic trick ."You know you are not allowed to play such tricks on family. Now, why did you do this?"

"Well, it’s because," Cadence sighed and shook her head, "I just wanted to show off."

"I see," Celestia said, stepping towards Sunset, "Leave us, I wish to have words with my daughter."

Sunset glared at Cadence,"That power is evil." She looked up at Celestia,"Mother."

"Daughter," Celestia said, frowning. Walking away, she said, "Come, we hae much to discuss. Care to tell me why you believed that it was alright for you to come in and betrate a new member of our family when all she wanted to be was your friend?"

"I don't know, care to explain why she is suddenly a member of this family?" Sunset asked,"What has she done exactly to deserve that privilege!? You hardly know her!" She snarled,"Or is she somehow related to your sister in the moon?"

Celestia narrowed her eyes, anger flaring at the mention of her sister,"You know we do not talk of her like that. And she has earned the privilege of being a princess by showing caring, compassion, empathy, optimism, and diligence necessary to prove it. Remember, I can't determine the power, it has to be earned. She is now family because she is lost and alone in this world, like you were.

"Oh, right, because you don't acknowledge her as your sister." Sunset muttered,"Oh, that's all it takes, seriously? Does she even know how to lead!?" Sunset snarled.

"She will learn. Leadership is not something that comes naturally. It comes from experience and working with ponies. Did I not teach you this lesson," growled Celestia. "And that THING up there is not my sister."

"She rose the moon with you, she was called your sister in the story books, yeah, she's your sister!", Sunset snarled,"And I've been taught many lessons from you, I've worked my flank off, and I saved the freaking city twice! What do I get from it!? Nothing! She does one thing, and suddenly the world bends over for her!"

“Those are story books. Are you not a little young for such foalish things? Or are you still a child?" Celestia narrowed her eyes at Sunset, "You must be, if you think that all that is needed for the right to achieve such glory is to save the city or be a hero. There is more to it than that."

"Story books!?" Sunset snarled,"You must think me a fool if you think I can't put two and two together! A mare who can move the sun and a mare who can move the moon!? and the sister got turned into a face on the moon!? And then the older sister got stuck with raising both!? That sounds a lot like you, Celestia! Or are you trying to forget any bad things you've done?"

"I wear the pain of what I have done every single day of my life. I will NEVER forget what I have done!" Celestia said, her heat flaring up. "And if I think you as a fool, it's only because you are acting the part.”

"I'm acting the part!? I'm not the one who lets any random pony who's super nice become a pretty princess! What, is any alicorn a princess? What are you going to do if there's more, huh!?" Sunset stomped up to her.

Celestia narrowed her eyes, "If they prove themselves worthy, than yes. I would gladly make her a princess. That's what happens when you prove yourself!" Celestia said, stomping her hoof to the ground, slamming her hoof and breaking the marble stone.

Sunset took a step back,"And yet, no matter how much I prove myself, I always get criticized!" She shouted,"You always put me under a microscope, and no matter what I do, you never appreciate anything I do!"

"What, is honoring you not enough, singing your praises not enough? I brag about your achievements all of the time and you still want more! I only criticize you because you still have a long way to go, young mare!"

"A long way, a long way," Sunset snarled,"You always say that! But I'm never closer, am I!?"

"Not with an attitude like that!" Celestia said, snarling and pressing her snout against Sunset's.

"Yes, heaven forbid I ask for some decent compensation!" Sunset pushed a little.

Celestia growled, the walls turning red hot around them. Her eyes practically burned holes into Sunset's "Compensation!? Compensation!!!!!! Is that what you think comes from thing!? You expect a reward for being a hero!!!"

Sunset yelped as she took a step back.

"You, I have never been disappointed in you until now," Celestia said, turning away, "I thought I had trained you well. But now, I am only disappointed in you."As she turned away, Celestia said, "Go to your room. Before I say something we'll regret."

Sunset frowned, before stomping off towards her room.

Celestia sighed as she walked alone in the palace. Looking up at the tapestries and glass windows, she frowned and shook her head, her ears drooping in sadness, "Luna, do you think I was too harsh? I see in her, so much power, so much potential but." a deep breath escaped her lips, "She lacks anything to temperthat power of hers. I'm afraid that if I don't do something soon... I may lose her like you."

A white unicorn stallion looked to a cadet,"Yeah, you may have applied at a bad time."

Shining Armor gulped,"Maybe."

Cadence sighed and shook her head. then she looked up at Shining and smiled at him.

Shining blushed at her,"Oh my..."


Shining scratched the back of his head,"Um, I'm sorry that happened, your highness. You know," He looked at her,"If you want to become a better leader, I've got an idea."

"Oh?"

"My parents have been looking for a new foalsitter for my little sister, and I was wondering if you'd be interested?" Shining asked. Then he stammered,"I-I mean, I know you're a princess and all..."

Cadence smiled warmly, looking into his eyes, "I would love to."

Shining Armor grinned at that,"Perfect! I'm, uh," He turned away,"I'll tell my parents, Your Highness."


"Please call me your love song...I mean Cadence," Cadence said with a blush.

Shining saluted,"Yes, hot stu- Cadence."

As Cadence giggled, she nodded and walked away. After a few steps, she bumped into a pair of white legs, "Auntie?"

"So, you decided to accept his offer?" Celestia said, smiling. When Cadence nodded timidly, Celestia sighed contently, "You haven't been here but a month, and you have already been endearing yourself to some of the people of the city."

"Not, successfully," Cadence sighed and lowered her head. Looking back up, she asked, "Will Sunset always hate me?"

"I don't think she hates you," Celestia said.

Cadence rolled her eyes, "Oh, really? Is that why she basically said that stopping a powerful artifact was not enough to earn my horn?"

"She has a high ideal of herself, and is convinced that she is more worthy than any one else of power. I've tried to temper that fire in her by reminding her that no mare is an island, but-"

"Doesn't take?" asked Cadence, rubbing her hoof against her foreleg, "Guess becoming a princess isn't helping me around her."

"I was hoping you would," Celestia said. "My daughter does need friends."

Cadence gasped, "Wait, Auntie, what if I take her with me on my foalsitting job!"

"I'm not sure if that-"

"I can help her see that there is something to getting help and she can meet other fillies," Cadence said, running.


Sunset laid her head on her hoof,"How did you convince me to do this?" She asked Cadance."

"I told you that I had an unsealed copy of Mare of Steel #1 complete with an autograph from Shingle Shoe," Cadence said.

Sunset glared at her,"I hate you."

"And I love you," Cadence giggled as she made it to the door. "Now remember, look presentable."

Sunset combed her mane down a little,"There."

Cadence knocked on the door, "Mr and Mrs Sparkle? I'm here."

The door opened, showing a white unicorn with a frazzled mane,"Yes?"

"I'm Cadence, your son said you needed a foal sitter?"


Twilight Velvet nodded,"Oh, dear, yes!" She smiled,"Our daughter's getting to be a bit of a hoof-full, you know, and with us being so busy.."


Cadence nodded, "I understand, truly. I even brought along a friend to help, right Sunset?" she said, gently nudging Sunset.

Sunset frowned, and waved,"Hi."

Velvet grinned,"Well, come on in!" She beckoned towards them.

Cadence walked in and allowed Sunset to follow her. Looking around, Cadence asked, "So where is the little-"

"WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Onwards clank stomper! Let's destroy the evil Dark One from taking over our dimension," shouted little Twily, running around in a towel dripping.

Velvet shouted up the stairs,"Nightlight!"

Sunset raised an eyebrow,"My, how hyper..." She cringed,"I'm not going to like this."

Cadence smiled warmly at Sunset, "You'd be surprised. Every encounter with a person is a new experience. You can learn so much just by being in contact with a pony."

Sunset rolled her eyes,"Yeah, whatever..."

Twilight happily walked back down the stairs, her body dry and her Smarty pants doll next to her. Smiling, she looked up and said, "Hi. I'm Twiwight Sparkwe. I am 5 years old, and I wike books. And, hewwo!" she said, smiling at Sunset.

"Hi, I'm Sunset, I'm 14 years old, and I don't care." Sunset frowned.

"Sunset, what a pretty name!" squeaked Twilight, "Is she gonna be my playmate? I never had one beside my BBBFF"

"Your... BBBFF?" Sunset asked.

"Big Brother Best Friend Forever!" Twilight sadid, bouncing up and down in a way that would killa any jerk's heart.

Sunset began to cringe a little,"Gah, I'm about to get diabetes. Okay, you're cute, we get it." She couldn't help but smile a little though.

Cadence smiled "Got her to smile.

Sunset muttered,"Shut up..."

Cadence looked at Sunset,”I need to get some stuff ready, could you spend some time with her.”

Sunset frowned at her,"Sure." She looked down at Twilight,"So, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"OHHHHH, a lot of things! I want to be a brave princess like Celestia, a librarian like mommy, a brave knight like Shiny, a smart observer like Daddy, a hero, a mage, a farmer, a lady, a party girl, and animal caretaker, and a sports girl!!!" Twilight said, bouncing up and down.

"My, you have a lot of dreams..." Sunset muttered.

"Yeah!" smiled Twilight as she jumped up onto the couch, "I want to try a lot of things and explore. Don't you have a dream?"

"Dream?" Sunset thought for a moment,"Well, I do want to become a princess one day, and make my own rules"

Twilight gasped, "WEALLY!?"

"Yes." Sunset smirked,"And I won't have to listen to anypony."

"But won't you get lonely?" asked Twilight, playing with her doll, "I know I would get lonely without my BBBFF, that's why I plan on keeping him."

"Please." Sunset shook her head,"All you need is yourself, if you're strong enough."

"Really? So you don't need friends at all?"

"Nope! You just need yourself!" Sunset said with a grin.


"Wow!" Twilight said, "You must be really special and powerful."

"Yep, I'm the most powerful unicorn in all of Equestria, neigh, the world!" Sunset shouted, her hoof going into the air.

"And the most modest," mocked Cadence as she brought in some juice, "Have fun Twilight?"

"Yep!" smiled Twilight as she took the box in her hooves and drank so cutely that you would have to be a real bitch not to enjoy.


Sunset winced,"Gah, too cute."

Twilight smiled and continued to drink. The rest of the day went by in a flash, with Cadence playing and reading to her young charge. Occasionally, she would look back at Sunset and then frown at how bored she would look. All too soon, night fell and Cadence put Twilight to bed, "So," Cadence said, sitting with her 'cousin' "Enjoyed yourself?

Sunset crossed her hooves,"Maybe.." She muttered.

"Admit it, you did," Cadence siad, "Maybe there is something to my power, isn't there?


Sunset frowned,"Don't push it."

"Are you maybe starting to warm up to the idea of having a cousin like me? Even if I did cheat?"

"Oh, you admit it?" Sunset smirked.

"Well, did, from a certain point of view. I wasn't born like Auntie, but I did earn it."

"Yeah, and then she gave you the princess title." Sunset muttered,"Seriously, what's going to happen if a bunch of ponies become alicorns, will they become princesses too?"

Cadence shrugged, "I guess."


"Or maybe not. Will we all prove ourselves like I did or not. Life is all about learning and understanding each other. I hoped that bringing you here, helping me, might help you understand that I wasn't given this, but I earned it. And that there is something about learning from each other.”

Sunset sighed,"Did you really think it'd be that easy?"

"If you just gave it a chance," Cadence said. "And let go... “

"What, just showing me a cute little filly's going to make me let go?" Sunset frowned,"Is that what this was?"

Cadence sighed, and nodded, "I had hoped it would show that sometimes, it's better to open your heart to others and share in your power. My power isn't just love, but allowing one to express their purest emotions. I figured if you saw someone young and innocent, you could that true power is not your inborn strength or you superior ability, but the power shared with others and given freely."


Sunset rolled her eyes,"And you're stronger together as long as we all hold hooves and sing happy songs about love and sharing!"

"Yes!" Cadence said, "You think Celestia was powerful on her own? Think she beat Tirek and Sombra on her own? She had a sister, and together they were more powerful than anything."

"Didn't stop her sis from going crazy." Sunset rolled her eyes,"And now Celestia is on her own."

Cadence sighed, "And doesn't Auntie seem weaker without someone by her side?"

"You are asking if one of the most powerful ponies in existence is weaker without somepony by her side." Sunset tapped her hoof.

Cadence nodded and said, "Yes."

Sunset then began to laugh,"Oh my Celestia, talk about naive!"

"Naive?" Cadence asked, "How is it naive?"

"You cling on to this idea that you need friends to be strong." Sunset scoffed,"But all those friends mean nothing if you are not strong yourself."

"And you cling that you need to be strong on your own and that is all you need," Cadence looked up to the castle, "Why do you think she surrounds herself with ponies like yourself.”

Sunset sighed,"To make the guards feel important?"

"She's lonely, and needs someone to fill the void in her heart. She feels weaker without her sister," Cadence said.

"Oh, so we're replacements, eh?" Sunset scoffed,"Now it makes sense why she took you in..."

"That's not..." Cadence sighed and shook her head, "Come on, it's time to go home."

Sunset smirked,"Alright."

"What’s with that smirk?" asked Cadence.

"What, I'm just glad to be home, that's all... " Sunset muttered,"Replacement Luna."


Celestia looked down at Sunset,”So how was the job?”

Sunset sighed,"It was fine, I guess."

"Only fine? Did you learn something?" asked Celestia.

"Yeah, don't get bribed..." Sunset rolled her eyes.

Celestia sighed and shook her head, "Go to bed, and give it time, you probably will see the lessons you needed to learn."


Sunset rolled her eyes,"Okay, I'll wait for the magic dream breezies to come and tell me my lessons."

"Want me to tuck you in, to read you something, or to sing you goodnight?" akses Celestia.

"Mom, I'm not a kid anymore!" Sunset shouted

Celestia frowned as she walked away, "Just thought you might have wanted something nice to be done before you went to bed."

Sunset muttered,"Not in the mood."


"I see," Celestia said with a frown and then turned away, walking towards her own room, "Goodnight."

"Mmm, 'night." Sunset said, taking the covers and pulling them over her head.

(A few years later)

"IF I TOLD YOU ONCE, I TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES! You are not ready for the next step!" Celestia thundered, looking down at her 21 year old daughter. "You have proven time and again to be arrogant, selfish, and the very antithesis of being a princess. You may have graduated, but you have learned nothing!"

Sunset let out an angered growl,"Yeah, well maybe you're just a crappy teacher!" She stomped her hoof on the ground.

"A crappy teacher? ME! I seem to recall I have given you every chance to become better than you are!" Celestia yelled, "Or maybe it's time you left!"

"What gives you the right to make me better!?" Sunset shouted. Then she frowned,"And you're right. Maybe it's time I did leave."

"WELL THEN GO!" Celestia said, roaring and turning away.

"Fine, you were a terrible mother anyway!" Sunset stormed off into her room.

She began to put things into a suitcase, before hearing a small chirp. She turned to the bird cage where Philomena watched her,"I'm going through that mirror I found, Philly." Sunset said with a frown,"Don't talk me out it."

The phoenix chirped again, shaking its head.

"I said no, Philomena." Sunset took a book in her magic,"I'm going to show her that I am worthy." She walked over to the cage, and opened it,"In the meantime, she can take care of you."

At this, Philomena flew over and used her beak to pull at her mane,"Hey, I said I'm going!" She used her hoof to wave at her,"Just... go to Celestia, okay? She'll take care of you."

Philomena cawed again, flying to grab at her ear.

"No, Philomena." Sunset said sternly as she used her magic to catch the bird,"You need to stay here. I can't take you with me, I don't know what damage that mirror could cause you!"

Philomena flew down to the ground behind her, and let out a sad chirp.

Sunset began to walk out the door,"Good bye, Philly, I don't know if, or when, I'll be back." she went through the door.

Philomena cawed, and then flew off through the window to find Celestia

Celestia sighed, looking at a photo of a little filly Sunset. slowly, she ran a hoof along the cheek of her and her smiling face, "Where did I go wrong? You were so-" she then looked up and saw Philomena appear in the window, "Philomena?

Philomena let out several panicked chirps, before pecking at the window.

"Sunset is trying to runaway to Starswirl's old mirror?" gasped Celesgtia as she got off the bed. Looking to Philomena, she said, "Take me to her!"

Philomena nodded, flapping her wings to lead her away.

Celestia ran down the halls, panic in her eyes. Panting, she could feel the sweat bead down her face as she ran, looking for her daughter. It was not long until she had reached the portal room, where no one stood, "Sunset? Oh please, tell me I got here in time," she said, praying to her mother as she looked around.

Looking to the ground, she saw a few stray pieces of red and yellow hair on the ground, and she felt her heart sink. Falling down to the ground, she sniffled and shook her head as tears continued to roll down her cheeks. Whispering to herself, she said, "I... lost my family." she looked to Philomena. "I can't let another come this close again..."

A few months later, she would gain another daughter. But let's not look into that story for now, and instead focus on Sunset as she enters toportal

Sunset fell to the ground, moaning in pain,"Ow..." She held her hand up to her forehead...

Wait, hand? Sunset looked at her hand, and twiddled her fingers,"Ah!" She felt her face,"Ah!" She looked down at her chest,"AH!" She began to scream,"What am I!?" She looked at her fingers,"What are these?" She looked at a group of passer-bys who stared at her,"What are you!?"


"Mommy, is that girl brain dead?" asked a young girl.

"No dear,she is just a teenager who just realized that puberty is a bitch. Just wait until she meets Aunt Flow, then she will really hate her body," the mother said, smiling evilly.

A young teen girls voice spoke out, "Are you ok?" a woman with red hair asked, "And I am Starla to answer your question."

"I never asked." Sunset muttered. She looked at Starla,"Um, yeah, just uh, fine!" She let out a strained smile. She slowly got up on her legs, and wobbled a bit,"Whoa."

"What's your problem?" asked Starla, giggling a little, "Having trouble staying on your feet?"

"Yeah," Sunset giggled a little,"I'm just a little, er, under the weather..."

"Totally understand," Starla said, running a hand through her red hair, "Is this your first time here? I don't think I have seen you here before."

"Uh, you could say that, yeah." Sunset said,"I just moved here."

"Oh, a new student, well, as a part of the Canterlot Welcoming Committee, welcome to our school," smiled Starla.

"Canterlot what now?" Sunset thought,"Uh, I don't think I'm a student..."

"You aren't? But you look the same age I am," Starla said, arching an eyebrow, "What? 13, 14?"

Sunset blinked, before looking down at herself,"Uh, maybe I am. I guess the move kind of left me confused."

"I'll say," Starla said, taking Sunset by the hand, "Come on, I'll show you around!"

Sunset nodded as she let Starla show her around.

"That is the school, and over there is the main city," Starly said, pointing to the city, "Um, where do you live?"

"Uh, I live out of town." Sunset said quickly.

Starla looked at the mainland, "On the coast? Are you sure you ok with that? I could probably talk with Celesto to give you a home."

"Celesto?" Sunset realised an eyebrow

Starla nodded happily, "Yep, he is the super intention of the school basically owns the whole town, was an astronaut, and owns a ton of cash!"

Sunset remained stone-faced,"Okay, you can stop kidding around now."

"What do you mean?" asked Starla.

"There's no he could be all those things at once." Sunset said with a frown.

Starla still looked confused, "You can't?"

"No, it's unrealistic." Sunset said with a frown.

"No way," sad Stara.

Sunset gave a slow nod,"I mean, how old is he supposed to be?"

"Ummm," Starla shrugged, "Never really thought about it.

Sunset sighed,"Look, you need to think about these things, otherwise you'll be a sheep your entire life." She looked around,(Oh, right, no sheep around.)

Starla chuckled and shook her head, "Look, Celesto is completely trustworthy. Just like you are miss..."

"Shimmer, Sunset Shimmer." Sunset said.

"Dun udn du h du" hummed Starla.

Sunset raised an eyebrow at that,"My, you are hyperactive."

Starla shook her head, "No, just feel really good to find a girl who could be my friend around her. I got five other friends, but they are all men and well...you know." Starla looked down, "It gets kind of lonely."

Sunset gave a nod,"Yeah, I get it." She looked at her,"So, who are your friends?"(I better try to get to know my surroundings. Man, I didn't have a plan when I got here, did I?)

"Well, teammates we call each other," Starla sad, "There's Artie, he's an artist of exceptional ability, you might like him. Then there are Dyno and Myte...and then there's Rhymey who's a lyricist, and then there is Buddy." she smiled a little at the names. "He's a really good planter.

Sunset blinked,"Um, you blanked out at Dyno and Myte there."

Starla sighed and looked to Sunset, "Well, can I be honest with you?" when Sunset nodded, she lowered her head, "I can't really remember what they are about. They do something, I'm not sure, but they do it well like the rest of us.

Sunset frowned at this. She didn't have many friends herself, well, the most interaction she had with ponies not named Celestia or Cadence were discussing magical formula with other unicorns, but she was sure friends should know more about each other. She decided not to dwell on this,"Are they around?"

"Sure! Follow me!" smiled Starla.

Sunset followed behind her, looking around at the sights,(Alright, now we figure out just what kind of magic can we find here.)}

"We're here!" shouted Starla.

Artie nodded and waved to Starla before going back to his painting. Dyno and Myte said nothing as they played with fire, and Rhymey could only stare at Sunset angel. The only other one who said something was Buddy, "Welcome back Starla!

Sunset glared at Rhymey,"Back at ya, buddy."

"And who is this?" asked Buddy.

"This is Sunset, she's from uhh..."

"Uh, Manhattan?" Sunset said, hoping that was a real place.

"Oh, Manhattan, I always wanted to visit there," Artie said, smiling.

Rhymey frowned and asked, "Why did you bring her here,
Starla my dear?"

"Well, I was thinking that maybe she could join us? Y'know, someone that could help us or be our teammate," Starla said.

Rhymey shook his head, "Master is not going to accept some girl you found on the street. How do we know she would even fit in?"

"We'll know, because..." Starla paused and looked at Sunset, "Well, look at her. Doesn't she look like she is special. Like us?"

"I don't know," Rhymey said


Sunset raised an eyebrow,"That rhyming, is that your thing or something?"

Yes, that is my thing as you would say
Talking like this, is my way"

"Huh."Sunset muttered.

"Is there a problem with my style of speech?
Do you think I screech."

"It's just kind of annoying." Sunset said.

Rhymey rolled his eyes at this, "Sorry, he takes his method of speech very seriously”Starla said.

"Yah, and he's a real charmer too." Sunset rolled her eyes.

"He can be nice," winced Starla, "When you get to know him better."

Sunset frowned,"Well, first impressions and all..." She muttered

"So, is she staying on the island?" asked Buddy.

Starla shook her head, "She's on the coast, but I was thinking she could stay on the mansion until the master gets back and she can meet him... Where is he?"

"Gone, back at Nasada," Artie sighed

"You guys live with him?" Sunset asked.

"Yeah, we five young middle school kids live in a big opulent mansion with a very rich and powerful adult who has us call him master. What is the problem?"

Sunset raised an eyebrow,"Uh...."

Artie shrugged, "I mean, I see no problem with it."

Sunset sighed,"Yeah, I bet you have no problem with white, unmarked carriages and free candy, do you?" She mumbled.

Starla looked confused and then asked, "Hey, why don't you stay with me for the night and then in the morning, when Master comes back, you can talk to him."

Sunset sighed,"Fine, it's not like I can go anywhere else.”

"YAY!" Starla caid, and then grabbed Sunset by the arm, "Follow me!"

Sunset followed her,"You know, you're not so bad."

It was that night as Starla came out of her room and in her nightgown. Smiling she walked to Sunset, "Thanks. I just...it gets kind of lonely you know."

"I imagine so, your friends don't seem too... personable." Sunset muttered.

"No, they aren't," Starla said, sitting on the bed next to Sunset. "We talk, work together, and act well,but we just keep to ourselves. We aren't really friends, just partners. Grand Ruler brought us all together because he saw something special about us, but he never really encouraged friendship."

"What did he mean, special?" Sunset asked(Please let there be magic, I need magic.)

"Well, he said he something unique in me," Starla said, leaning back, "I was never quite sure what he meant. I mean, I'm not a meta, and I am sure not a magic user."


(Oh, thank god) Sunset thought for a moment,"Have you thought about asking him?"

Starla sighed and shook her head, "I did. He just said,'We'll know it when we discover it." she then looked at the stars, "But if you ask me, I think it's just to make us feel bigger."

Sunset frowned,"I hate riddles..."

"Like, me I can understand, I as lost after my mother died. I was so alone and just wanted things to be...different. You know, finding something bigger or better for me. I just wanted to be a hero like she was and save people," Starla said, shaking her head. "But the others..."

"What do the others have?" Sunset asked.

"Buddy lost his aunt, uncle, mom and dad in a car crash. Right now, his little cousin is all he has. Artie came here, saving his family is dead but I don;t believe him. There is just something in his eyes. Dyno and Myte...and then Rhymey came her because he said he needed to be here. Of course, we then get paraded around because we're trained by the supervisor and told that we are the best.”

Sunset frowned,"And you don't feel disconnected at all?"

"Are you crazy! Of course I do! I get to be trained by the boss of the entire island, live in a mansion, and am put on a higher pedestal because for some reason he thinks I'm special," Starla held her knees close to her chest, "It's annoying, and hard. I just don't like the way he wants us to be like this. I want friends."

Sunset frowned,"Well, why don't you tell him off? Rebel!"

"What, and get kicked out?" asked Starla, leaning back, "Get sent out onto the streets? How can I accomplish anything like that?"

Sunset sighed,"Look, if he's a good dad, he won't kick you out for being a little rebellious. Teens rebel all the time!"

"Are you rebelling against your Mom?" asked Starla

Sunset growled,"Yeah, pretty much."

"Why?"

"Simple, she didn't respect me." Sunset said with a frown.

"I'm so sorry," Starla said, patting Sunset on the arm.

Sunset shrugged,"Eh, I needed to strike out on my own anyway."

"And how has that been working out?"

(Terribly)"Pretty good if I say so myself." Sunset said.

Starla lightly pulled on her blanket, "Wish I had the strength."

Sunset laid down,"You know, I could help you with that."

Starla laid down on the bed, and smiled warmly at Sunset, "You could?"

"Yeah, just let me show you how to assert yourself!"

"And be strong like my mother," Starla said, giving a yawn, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Sunset said, turning over. She frowned, a tear coming to her eye.

"Mom," Starla moaned in her sleep, tossing and turning. then she wrapped her arms around Sunset's stomach and said, "Thanks, for bringing me a friend."

"Oof." Sunset muttered in surprise.


The next morning, Sunset would awake to find Starla sitting on her stomach, "Do you just like to sleep in the morning?"

Sunset moaned,"I'm of the very special kind of people who aren't morning persons." She pulled the covers over her head.

Starla crossed her arms over her chest, "Oh really?"

"Yep!" Sunset muttered.

"Well then,!" Starla shouted pulling out a pillow, "Quit it!" she then boffed her

Sunset rolled off from the bed, and grabbed her own pillow,"Oh, it is on!" She hit her back.

Starla laughed as she quickly hit her back and side

Starla leaned to the side and struck out at the side.

Sunset moved to the side and hit her in the chest.

This caused Starla to fall onto her back, and reply with a hit from her own pillow, causing an explosion of feathers, "Starla Shine! Is this how you waste your time?" Rhymey said. "Master will be here in the hour, I hope you wont make his mood sour.

Sunset rolled her eyes,"A real bag of sunshine, ain't ya Rhymey?"

"I have a strict guideline to follow and training to adhere to. Something that does not pertain to you two."


"Ah, a stick in the mud." Sunset said.

"A stick..." Rhymey blinked at this and then shook his head, "Following procedure is not a stick in the mud, learn respect. Something you fail at, I suspect."

"Hey, lets tone it don," Stalra said, waving him off. "Just head down and we'll be right there." then with a sigh, she looked at Sunset, "Sorry about that."

"I'm starting to think that guy's a bit of a jerk." Sunset growled.

Starla sighed and shooked her head, getting dressed as she spoke, "I think he's just...strict."

"No girl, he's just an ass." Sunset frowned,"And he seems very toxic."

"Toxic?"


"As in, he's going to try and change you into a worse kind of person."

Starla shook her head, "Oh come on, would he really?"

Sunset nodded,"Trust me, I know people like him."

Starla shook her head, "No, you're wrong. He gave us our lives. Why would he want to force us into his way of thinking if he gave us everything?"

Sunset narrowed her eyes,"Don't be so trusting."

"Well," Starla smiled as she walked down the stairs, "At least I'll have some help. I have a good friend."

Artie looked up from his painting as he finished the last touches. Taking the art, he turned it to Sunset as she came, "Behold, a sunset against a sunset." he said, showing a picture of Sunset sitting on a rock, in front of a sunset

Sunset looked at the painting,"Wow."

Artie smirked, "What can I say, you inspired me."

Sunset smiled,"I'm flattered."

"Well, I had great inspiration," Artie said.

Sunset winked,"If I didn't know better, I'd say you were saying things like that on purpose."

"L--like what?"

"What you aren't a ladies man?" Sunset giggled.

Artie blushed a little at theis and looked away, "Well, I just think I should be a gentleman and respect all ladies I meet." Artie said, bowing to her.

Buddy let out a chuckle, "How cute you are.

"Well, it is the truth." Artie said.

"Yeah, but you also like to be nice to the cute ones," Buddy said, putting some food on the table. "Sunset, I made you some biscuits.”

Sunset took one of the biscuits,"Ah, thanks."

"No problem," Buddy smiled, "I mean you are our guest."

"Uninvited," Rhymey said.

"Yeah, stuff it in your ear, too." Sunset muttered.

"Stuff what into where?" asked a voce.

"Celesto," said Rhymey, bowing to his master

Sunset looked him over, and studied him,(Doesn't look like much. Lacks the presence of my mother.)

Grand Ruler looked at her curiously, "You... are unique, are you not?" he asked after a few moments.


"You could say that." Sunset crossed her arms.

Starla smiled and nodded, "Yeah, she comes from the mainland and she is really fun to talk to and-" she paused when she saw the look in Grand Ruler's eyes and looked down,"I like her."

Grand Ruler said nothing and turned away, "Miss Sunset, come with me.

Sunset rolled her eyes,"Wow, not five minutes, and I'm already in trouble with the teacher?"

"Not in trouble, I just have things I want to... discuss," Celesto said, walking ahead.

Sunset followed him,"Ooh, discuss. You sure this isn't just an excuse to get a pretty girl like me alone?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"My heart belongs to another and I have no desire for children," said Celesto.

"That doesn't mean anything." Sunset chuckled.

Celesto raised an eyebrow and shook his head, leading her to a balcony, "You have met my... students correct? What do you make of them?"

"Well, most of them are okay, I guess." Sunset muttered,"Except for that jerk Rhymey."

"And would you think that they look strong?" he asked, stepping onto a balcony.

"Eh, I don't know,"(What do I look like, a power level scouter?)

"They are indeed strong, something I admire," he said, before looking back at the city, "Tell me, why did you run away from home?Was it to prove yourself? To change fate? To make something of yourself?"

Sunset crossed her arms,"To prove myself, of course."

Grand Ruler smiled and nodded, "I was much the same way."

"Really?" Sunset aske.d

"I was but a little stable boy, helping out on a rich person's horse farm. There I struggled and worked hard, trying to prove myself for her. But, I knew I could never be good enough for HER! My beloved,

(Sounds like an excerpt from the Princess Bridle.)"Your beloved?"

"My dearest Celestia.”

Sunset stared at him,"WHAT THE FU-?"

"Yes, I know it's weird that a commoner can love a rich and powerful and special woman like her..."

(Why is she here? And she's rich too?) Sunset blinked,"Wait, you're a commoner?"

“Was," Grand Ruler said, "But I changed it. Through many wise investments, I gained enough money to become an astronaut, and then rich. Rich enough to own most of this island, become superintendent of the school, and own the downtown sports stadium that I will call Grand Dimmadome!

"How did you manage all that?" Sunset asked.

Grand Ruler looked surprised at this question, "As I said, I made many wise investments."

"What investments?" Sunset asked,"It seems pretty odd that you could do all that in so little time." She frowned,"How old are you again?"

"35."

"And when did you start making these investments?" Sunset asked.

"About 10 years ago," Celesto said.

"That seems a little unrealistic," Sunset said with a frown.

"How so? I was able to beat the odds my child," Celesto bragged

"Yeah, but there's no way you could do all that in such a short amount of time."

Celesto chuckled, "In the affairs of the heart, there is no such thing as time. Just like how I found them, my students.”

"Yeah, tell me more about them." Sunset said, her eyes narrowing at him.

"My students, why gladly," smirked Grand Ruler, "Perhaps then I can convince you to join them.”

Sunset shrugged,"Maybe I might consider that."

"The first came to me shortly after I set up the school. The wondrous Rhymey, with hs skills in fencing and his unbelievable talent in conjuring up clever words. I found his intelligence to be quite amazing."

"And next came was Artie, quite a talent for art. I have also been influencing his strength in terms of martial arts. I heard he was on the run from something

"He's on the run?" Sunset whispered.

"From his parents it seems. He wishes to be a hero like the Justice League or a Ranger, and they refuse. Wanting him only to be a part of the rich family and nothing more.

"Hmm," Sunset made a mental note to look into that some more.

"And Buddy I found near the orphanage taking care of his little cousin.

"Aw." Sunset smiled,"Where's his cousin?"

"What are their backstories," Sunset asked to spite the author.

Grand ruler sighed, "When I constructed this plan, i was told to put in two forgien students into my curriculum or I lose my funing. Thy are literally only here to die in battle.

"Well, that doesn't sound cruel at all." Sunset rolled her eyes.


"Cruel for me or from the higher ups?" asked Grand Ruler.

"You have higher ups?"

"Yeah, the school board of the US, even I can't avoid that..."

"Oh, so you do have bosses..."

"Yes, even though I own my own island, am the superintendent of school, even though I am still stuck with having to deal with the infernal government!!!" sighed Grand Ruler. "But I also want to talk about Starla.

"What about Starla?:

"Starla wanted to be a hero like her mother, and I gave her the means. Each one of these people I have trained into being the top students, the best of their files and gave them the chance to live

"Okay..." Sunset said.

Grand Ruler stepped forward and smiled at Sunset, "After all, we've all felt like we deserved something in our lives for our troubles, the need to prove that we were worthy of someone's love. And that gain it, we needed to change our fate," he said holding his hand to her, "Wouln't you agree?"

Sunset thought for a moment,"Sort of." She looked at the hand(I don't trust him...)

"Care to join our little group? I sense that you would be a good...symbol for us."

"Symbol?" Sunset asked.

"A symbol of how my teachings can create powerful beings. People who can lead the class into a new world. One free of the bonds of fate and stagnation," Celesto smiled, "Where the best can lead the weak."

"The best can lead the weak?" Sunset asked.

"Yes, the best can lead the weak. We need to be strong and powerful to change our fates, and if the ones who are weaker are to even attempt to pull the same, they need a power to watch and admire. Wouldn't you agree that is the power of us as individuals?"

"Well, I guess you do have to be strong if you want to change fate, but couldn't the weak become strong themselves?" Sunset asked.

"Of course, eventually. But they can never hope to match up with those like us. Because They don't understand hardship

Sunset's eyes narrowed,"How do you know that they never understood hardship?"

"Simple. Because their pain is not mine. The things that my students and I have gone through, they are only unique to us. These lower students, they could never know what it's like to have gone through what they have

Sunset frowned,"That seems rather selfish of you."

"How am I being selfish"asked Grand Ruler."I am offering a light for people to follow me after all."

"Yeah, except you're making things all about you." Sunset said with a frown.

Grand Ruler shrugged "And is that a problem?"

"Yeah, it kind of is." Sunset frowned,"You won't be able to lead anyone if you're selfish."

Grand Ruler chuckled "I beg to differ. So, will you join us? My team does need a leader, a shining example of my ideals...and you seem perfect.


Sunset's eyes widen(Shining example...)"You know what, I need some time to think this over." She got up, and quickly left.

Sunset ran back towards the school, where the statue sat,"Mom, I'm so sorry, You were right!" She stopped at the statue,"I'm an idiot, I messed up!" She touched her hand to it,"Uh," She hit it once with her fist,"Come on, you stupid portal!" She hit it again,"Open up! I want to go home!" She seethed,"Don't do this to me!" tears ran down her face as she hit the statue again,"Don't do this to me!" She yelled,"Open up, damn you!"

Celestia in the other world looked in the mirror and sighed softly. It was the last day that the mirror would be active and the time frame made it so it would not be open for a long time in her plane. For her, it would be close to twenty years, but who knows how long it was for her ," Thirty moons, that was what you said wasn't it Starswirl. You made up a mysterious time for me as a child just to make me forget about this mirror. But now..." Celestia fell to her knees and began to cry, "My daughter is stuck there and I can't save her!"

Softly, she put her hoof to the mirror as Sunset placed her hand to the mirror, tears flowing down her cheeks as she whispered, "I'm sorry."


Sunset collapsed against the statue, and slid down it,"I'm sorry..."


Sunset pulled herself up,"..." She glared at the statue,"There's magic in this world. I can use it." She turned back to the school,"And I'm going to take down Grand Ruler."


Sunset placed her file onto Celestia's desk,"My name is Sunset Shimmer, and I'm your new student!" (Thank you Trick the School Board into thinking you’re a student kit! I knew there was a reason I brought that along!)


"Hmmm, excellent grades in all fields. Quite good in Physical Ed, and have a good leadership capabilities. I must say that all of this looks official," Celestia said, looking over the papers, "But your parent's field..."

"What about it?" Sunset asked.

Celestia looked it over running her finger along the scribbled out marking, "You have a mark here like you were unsure."

Sunset chuckled,"Well, My mom's in-between jobs..."

"I see, but why the name change?" asked Celestia. "Is you mother in some kind of trouble or are you doing something to protect her.

"What do you mean?" Sunset asked.

"If you were trying to hide her name, I figured you might be hiding her or there is someone after you. Witness protection is a possibility

"Well, I'm not at liberty to say..." Sunset muttered,(Probably because you wouldn't believe me if I told you!)

"I understand"Celestia said. "And your address seems weird, isn't' this near the old apartment complex

"Yeah, so?" Sunset asked.

Celestia put the paper onto the table, "I was unaware that they were accepting new clients. I hope you and your mother knows what you are doing."


"Oh, trust me, I always know what I'm doing." Sunset chuckled a little nervously.

"Confidence, I like that," Celestia said. Looking down at the papers, she smiled and said, "Very well, Miss Shimmer, I think that is everything. Welcome to the school. Outside I'll have someone lead you around.

Sunset nodded,"Thank you." She turned to exit the office.


The was when Sunset bumped into a pair of pretty sea green eyes looking into her very soul. Said eyes then pulled back to reveal a girl with frazzled pink mane, "HIIIIIIIII!!!!!! I'm Pinkemena Diane Pie, but I want to go by Pinkie here, I just moved from Pennsylvania to live with y big sister here because back home is so BORING, and I really REALLY REALLY want to know what the rest of the world has to offer for fun and parties, this is because I'm Amish and I don’t really gotta play with tech but IwanttobefriendsbecauseIneedthemandmaybeIcanhelpyoueaseyourloniessingthenewworldandimnottalkingtofastbecause..." the rest soon became an indescribable blur or speech.

Sunset began to stammer,"Ah, eh."

"You are soooooooooo interesting!" Pinkie cheered

"Um, yes, my name is Sunset, Sunset Shimmer." Sunset said.

"Soooooo, want me to help you look around the school?" Pinkie asked, "I'm asking because I need help, and if I help you and you help me then we can help you see!"

Sunset blinked,"What do you need help with?"

"WELLLLLLL, Trying to find the cafeteria. I kind of skipped breakfast. I wanted to have a bowl of cereal with tons of sugar but Maude didn't let me," Pinkie said, deflating, "And I wanted to be extra super sweet today!"

"Uh, huh. Well, I guess we'll both take a look around."

"YAY!" Cheered Pinkie, taking Sunset by the arm

"Whoa!" Sunset yelled as she was pulled along.

Pinkie smiled and looked to Sunset, "Bet we'll be great friends huh!"

"Well, maybe..." Sunset muttered(Celestia, she's clingy!)

Pinkie looked at Sunset, "Think I’m too clingy?"


(Oh, crap, can she read my thoughts? Don't think about sex, don't think about sex...)"What do you mean?" Sunset asked.


"Well, it's just that some of the people I talked to earlier. tried to become friends with them, new girl you know, and they kept calling me way too hyper, pudding head, or annoying and clingy. I just thought maybe you think I am too.


"Well, it might help to tone it down, just a tad,but you seem like a nice girl." Sunset said.

"Aw, but why tonie it down with life is so exciting!!!" Pinkie cheered.

"If you think this is exciting..." Sunset muttered.

"Hmmm?" asked Pinkie "You say something?"

"Uh, nothing." Sunset said,"Just thinking out loud."

Pinkie nodded, "Ohhhhhhh, I do that a lot and is that a cooking club!" she shouted before running off.

"Whooo, that gal sure can talk, can't she?" asked a southern voice.

Sunset turned around,"And you are?"

"The name's Applejack, kind of new here myself. Was trying to find some of the classrooms, but the got bugged by those 'elites'" hshe said, waggin her fingers

"'Elites?'" Sunset asked.

Applejack nodded, "At least that's what they've been calling themselves. You know, those jerks who've been trained by Grand Ruler. Them

"Oh," Sunset bit her lip,"Can... you tell me more about them?"

"Well for one thing, they look and act like a bunch of jerks. There;s just something about them that feels like they think they're better than us

Sunset winced,"Yeah..."

"But, Ah can't help but maybe feel like there is something more to them."

"Maybe there is. Maybe they're trapped." Sunset muttered.

"What was that?" Applejack asked

"They're trapped, under a very toxic person." Sunset said,"And they can't get out."

Applejack looked down, "Grand Ruler?"

"Yes." Sunset said,"I actually spoke with him... and he just felt wrong to me."

Applejack looked concerned, "You met the guy?"

"Yeah, he kind of took me aside and tried to convince and join him or whatever."

"You actually got to be in that big mansion of his. Must have been nice," Applejack said. "Ma and Pa keep warning me to stay away from there. There is just something...Ah don't know, creepy about it."

"What, is it that he's keeping young, nubile, kids in his home? Promising to show them things they never knew they had?" Sunset rolled her eyes.

"You know, you could never put what he does in a context that is not creepy.

"Anything he does around here I should know about?" Sunset asked.

"Not much from what I have seen. Usually comes here to throw his weight around, reminding us that he owns the school and that the kids are superior to everyone here.

"You know, I'm pretty sure the superintendent doesn't usually come to schools too often."

"Well he does."

"Ever think that there's something seriously wrong with that guy?" Sunset asked.

"Plenty, but what can ya do?" asked Applejack


Sunset gulped,"Not sure, didn't come up with a plan. But I don't like making plans, so..."

"You don't?"

"Nope!" Sunset grinned,"I like thinking on my feet!"(Though, currently, it has yet to do me any favors...)

"yeah, you sound like this rainbow haired girl I saw earlier," Applejack said.

"Really, I'd think I'd like to meet her!"

"Ah think she is near the soccer team trying to sign up”, Applejack said

Sunset looked at her,"Um, it looks like she's trying to join up with every team!"

"NAh that would just silly. Why not talk to her and prove me right.”

Sunset walked over to Rainbow,"Um, are you trying to sign up for every sport?"

"Uh, duh! Yeah I am!"

Sunset frowned,"You know that's impossible, right?"

"Excuse me?" Rainbow Dash said, "Did you just and try to tell me that something is not possible?"

"Well, yes." Sunset said.

Dash put her hands on her hips, cocking her head to the side as she said, "Girl, you are crazy. Listen up, I am Rainbow Miraum Dash, and I live breathe and eat the impossible. I live by what my momma once said, 'impossible is just for those who don't want to try."


Sunset rolled her eyes,"Well, you know what my mom said?"


"Don't care, but tell me anyway so I can demolish it.”

"Hard is winning the No-Bell Prize, Impossible is eating the sun." Sunset said.

Dash gasped, "Hey, let's not talk about the sun-eater incident around here. Spitfire lost her mom on that day."

"Uh, what?" Sunset said,"There was an actual sun-eater!?"

"Yeah, there was." Spitfire said, looking down. "It came right around the time Darkside made a bid for the planet. It ate the sun, destroying all night and killing my mom when she needed help. If it wasn't for the Green Lantern

"The Green Lantern?" Sunset asked.

"You’re not from around here are ya?" asked Dashs

"Urm, no." Sunset looked away.

"Well, remind me to tell you about some of the pretty cool heroes around her," Rainbow Dash said, "like the awesome Flash, Dr. Fate, Zatanna...

"Wait, who's Dr. Fate?" Sunset asked.

"One of the best no the best magic users on the planet!" Dash said.

Sunset smirked,"I've got to meet him."

"Wait, what?" asked Dash.

"I mean, he sounds amazing, I'd like to meet him one day."

Rainbow Dash shook her head "Well, not really sure where he lives. In think it's somewhere in Massachusetts."

"Oh, okay." (Crap, I don't think I have enough funds or time to get there!)

Dash sighed, "Yeah, kind of sucks it's on the other side of the country. But we still have some awesome stuff here, like me." she said with a smirk. Her eyes began to look around quickly, "Hey, have you seen those jerks around here?"

"Which jerks?" Sunset asked,"Grand Ruler's entourage?"

"You met them?"

"YEah..." Sunset muttered.

Dash frowned, "Jerks, aren't they?"

"Yeah, pretty much." Sunset said.

"Tried to induct you too?" asked Dash

"Wait, they do that normally?" Sunset asked.

"He likes to pick people he thinks are perfect and are the pinnacle of his little ideals. He wanted me but...he said I was too egotistical.”

Sunset snorted,"He's one to talk."

"Tell me about it," Dash said, "I also don't like the way one of them looks at my best friend."

"Really? What do you mean?" Sunset asked,(I need even more of a reason to kick ass)

Dash looked around and said,” That Rhymey bastard."


"Ah. Who is he looking at?" Sunset asked.


Dash growled, "Fluttershy .”

"Is that like your bestie or something?" Sunset asked.

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash sighed and looked down, "She's been my best friend, always has been. I've kind of been her protector for a while now."

Sunset raised an eyebrow at that, before nodding,"Where is she now?"

"She's talking to this girl who thinks she all high class and stuff. Looks kind of like Starla, what's here name? Glarity, Clarity?

Sunset cocked her head,"A girl who looks like Starla..."

"Correction, she looks like me," Rarity said

Sunset blinked,"Excuse me?"

Flutershy hid behind Rarity, trying her best to not be sen by the new student, "I said that woman Starla looks more like me!"

"What, you had the look first?" Sunset raised an eyebrow.

"Well, it was more like I had come to this school, looking like this. And then when I became popular... she started to look more like me in everything. even down to the hair.

Sunset raised an eyebrow,"That's... odd."

"I know, it's almost like she wanted to be me, or was afraid," Rarity said.

"I think she was-eeep," squeaked Flutteshy as she hid behind Rainbow Dash now.

Sunset looked around Rainbow,"Hey, don't be shy, I don't bite, or at least I don't try."

"Y-y-you sure?" whispered Fluttershy.

"Yes." Sunset sadi.

Flutershy stepped out quietly from behind Rainbow, dressed in her sundress, "T-thank you. It's just so scary being in a big school like this. I'm so nervous."

"I keep telling ya Futters, I'm here and there is nothing to be scared of.

Sunset looked around,"Doesn't seem that big to me. You know, maybe if you walked on your own more often, you'll see that things aren't so scary."

Fluttershy back to Rainbow, "But... I've never been any further. It just feels so..big."

Sunset frowned,"Look, you can't move forward by being scared of the world around you."

"I know, but it can be so hard sometimes, and I-"

"Sunset?" asked Starla, before frowning looking at Rarity. "What are you doing here?"

"Getting adjusted to the classes of the new semester, and you?" asked Rarity

Sunset looked back at Starla,"I'm getting acquainted with these girls."

"Sunset, I," Starla paused and he looked away, "Sure...maybe later we can talk?"

Sunset nodded,"Sure."

"Whoa." Dash whispered

"What?" Sunset asked.

Rainbow Dash rubbed the back of her head as she said, "That was the first time she talked to us and not have a whole rage moment."

"Yeah," Applejack said, "It's likese makes it her business to argue with Rares anytime they are close

Sunset shrugged,"Eh, maybe I'm a calming influence."(That's the biggest joke I've ever told...)

"Yeah," Dash muttered, "Somehow

Sunset shrugged,"Hey, it's not like I asked for that kind of power."

Rainbow Dash chuckled, "What's next, you gonna tell us you are a meta-human with that power, or some dimension hopper trying to get a better life because she's on the run."

Sunset let out a nervous chuckle,"Yeah, me being a dimensional traveler, that's rich..."

"But how cool would that be! To hop dimensions, to jump around, to see other selves," Pinkie said, bouncing by.

Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow as Pinkie bounced by, "Who was that and why did she time that perfectly?"

Sunset looked at her,"That's Pinkie. I kinda ran into her a while ago."

"She looks," RainbowDash paused, "Insane."

"Yeah, she kind of is..." Sunset admitted,"Though she seemed nice."

Rainbow Dash shook her head, "You sure?

"Yeah, she's just... enthusiastic."

"Hyper is more like it.”

Sunset giggled,"Yeah, that does sound about right."

Rainbow Dash shook her head, and then noticed that Flutters was gone. Looking over, she saw that Flutershy was talking to the rapid ally speaking Pinkie. Dash smiled and walked over to join the trio. "I can't believe this,
It's an incurable dis," Rhymey said, growling

Sunset rolled her eyes,"Oh, look, it's the cockroach of the school."


I Am not a cockroach or an insect
What do you expect

"Only you would think that I actually thought you were an insect." Sunset said with a laugh.

Rhymey frowned at this, "Are you saying I am not?

"I mean, you are like an insect." Sunset said,"You're annoying like one anyway."

"And you are like a collapsing star
A black hole of pain so far.

Your friendship with my colleague with fail
And I cannot wait to hear your wail."

"Aren't stars normally powerful? Black holes are dark matter, so does that make me volatile?" Sunset asked.

Rhymey glared at her, "Listen you whore
That was a metaphor!

"Hey, don't compare me to your mother!" Sunset said.

"My mother maybe a whore
But she was never a boar

Unlike your Mother
Who was a bother!

No, she was a Ketch,
or more likely a BITCH

And looks like a buck
Not even deserving of a f-

Sunset decked him,"Say one more thing about my mother, I fucking dare you."

"Your mother was a bit of a bunt
So thus, a miserable Cunt.

"My mother was the kindest person in the world, who didn't deserve a daughter like me." Sunset snarled.

Rhymey smirked, "No one deserves you."

"Funny, that's what your dad said about you last night." Sunset smirked.


Rhymey was ready to punch her, but Artie blocked him, "Sunset... I'm sorry."

Sunset sighed"It's not you, it's him."

Artie sighed and shook his head, "Every team has got to have it's one asshole right?

Sunset frowned at that,"I'm not too sure about that..."

"It feels like it," Artie said, looking down, "I'm not sure what his little problem is with you. But it seems like you press his buttons." shaking his head, he said, "But he's a member of our little group so what can we do?"

"Maybe he hates free spirited girls like me?" Sunset said.

Artie laughed, "It seems like it. His type seems to be girls he can manipulate. Still don't know why he was brought onto the group.

"Maybe he blew the topdog?" Sunset giggled.

Artie archd and eyebrow at this and chuckled, "Are you saying that Rhymey over there would do that?"

"He could..." Sunset smirked.

Artie laughed and nudged, "I bet he did. Why else would he be here." He then smiled at his new friend.

Sunset chuckled,"You know, you're pretty alright."

Artie sighed and nodded, "Thanks."

Later on at the Cafeteria, Starla watched as Sunset walked by and said, "Sorry for getting mad with Rarity earlier."

Sunset put a hand on her hip,"What were you mad at her for, anyway?"

"I... I was just," Starla sighed, "jealous. Her looks, her beauty, she makes it look so...easy. I've been in this school system for so long, trying to mild up my image as the elite because of where I came from. Trying to be the hero I was meant to be and she...just came in without even trying to put effort into it.”

"Have you even spoken to her?" Sunset asked.

Starla paused and chuckled, before frowning, "You think of me being an idiot, being jealous of a girl I never even talked to."

"Well, kind of." Sunset frowned,"You can't spend your life hating someone you've never even met before. All that does is make you look bad."

Starla sighed and looked to Rarity, "I know I shouldn't, and I know how it makes me look. It's just...I want what she's got so badly. Being a great person, with so much beauty and a great family. I... .got none of that. Grand Ruler kept pushing on us how we are the best because we are the chosen, but there's Rarity. What does this make us if someone like her can reach the top without much effort.

"Who says she doesn't put effort?" Sunset asked,"For all you know, she puts in effort every day."

Starla sighed and looked down at her plate, "Because that's what Master always told us about people like her. She is nothing more than an airhead, bubbled brained idiot who is just given everything she wants."

"Here's a word of advice," Sunset said"That my mother gave me: Always look in-between the lines. You never know who a person really is until you actually meet them." (Wish I'd listen.)

Starla raised a finger, and then lowered it. She then smiled warmly at Sunset, "You know, the more I get to know you... the more I think I made the right choice."

"In what?" asked Sunset.

"Calling you my friend." Starla smiled.

Sunset smirked,"Aw, shucks."

Starla looked at Rarity, and then got up to walk towards her, "Rarity... I'm sorry."

Rarity smiled up, and then nodded, "Forgiven."

"Um...can I introduce you to my friends. I mean, you met Sunset..."


"YOU DID WHAT?!" Rhymey bellowed, forgetting his usual rhyming speech. "You...you tried to befriend them and then volunteered to help Sunset find a home?!"

Starla put her hands on her hips, "She doesn't like the idea of staying here with master, so Rarity and the others asked to help her find a home!"

"And you, agreed to this? Need I remind you that they are the enemy?" Rhymey said, "That she is a bubble headed bimbo, a shy weakling, an arrogant twat, an insane nutjob, and a redneck hick who I am surprised isn't asking for us to wear white hoods?"

"They aren't like that, and maybe if we get to know them-"

"Oh sure, like that will happen. I only want Fluttershy for my own reasons, nothing more," Rhymey said.

Starla narrowed her eyes, "And I am afraid to find out what that is. All I am saying-"

"Starla Shine, come," barked Grand Ruler from his office.

Rhymey smiled as he looked at her, "And now, the hammer falls. Enjoy your meeting with master, my dear shine."

Starla flipped him off as she walked away, walking into Grand Ruler's room. Sitting in his darkened office, glaring at her behind shadows, he said, "I heard reports that you are continuing your friendship with Sunset, and trying to strike one up with Rarity...i s that correct?"

"Yes," Starla said, looking to him. "Rarity isn't as bad as you say she is. She is trying just like me and Sunset... is a good friend."

Grand Ruler frowned at this, clenching his hands in anger, "She is NOT a good friend for you, not any more. Nor are Rarity and her friends."

"W-wha?" Starla asked, shaking her head. "What do you mean? Didn't you train us to be pinnacles of heroism? Ideals for the other students to strive for and to be the best in the skills you taught us. Doesn't that mean we should also befriend them?"

"What you are asking is for you and the others to associate with riff raff and undesirables. Those five are nothing more than filthy degenerates who have no place in this school!" he said, throwing a few papers onto the table, "Like this new student, Twilight Sparkle, she has no place in my school and yet here she is. You want to be her friend too?"

"Yes, if it means helping others. I signed up for this to be a hero like my mother, and at means being friends with-"

"You will never be a hero if you hang out with her!" Grand Ruler shouted. "She is nothing more than a punk. You are trying to lower yourself to be with her. Do you want to lose all of this?"

"How is she a punk? What is wrong with her? What did she do wrong!" demanded Starla.

"Look at this," Grand Ruler said, throwing a manila envelope at er, "Sunset has an unusual magical energy from her. And last night, she was crying by the statue. This means one thing. She is a renegade who is on the run from the authorities of her world."

"You are accusing her of something she isn't!" Starla siad. " She might not even be a renegade, but a lost girl. Just like I was, or Artie, or-"

"She is nothing of the sort!" Grand Ruler said.

"Why are you so against this? Why are you so adamant that we are some sort of ideal?" asked Starla.

"To prove myself!" Grand Ruler said, "I want to prove that I can train the elite, and that my fate is not chosen for me. And hen..."

Starla looked and noted a picture of Celestia, "You can't win her heart by turning us into some sort of soldiers."

"And you can never change your fate," Grand Ruler said, "Need I remind you that you were just a lost child, pining for a hero when I picked you up? That you were left begging for solace or change? And now you want to lose all of that?"

Starla shook her head, "No... but isn't there some way that I can-"

"There isn't another way," Grand Ruler said, walking around her, "You are my tool, my pawn, and my sword. You are not meant to mix with riff raff like them, you are meant to show that I am a powerful person. That we can change fate by control, manipulation, and power!"

"What about hard work, love, and compassion. Aren't they important too?" growled Starla.

"Hard work fails, love is a weakness, and compassion gets you killed. Only by taking a hold of others and bending the world around you can you truly change your fate. That is what you are meant to prove. And we need to destroy those five to prove our superiority!"

Starla clenched her fist, "N-n-NO! I won't. Banish me from here if you must, tell me I'm wrong but I won't ruin my first true friendship-"

A knife whizzed by Starla's hair, and she saw something in the shadows, "It's amazing what you can find for the right price, Starla." Grand Ruler said, and then smiled at Rhymey. "I have so many choices to pick for how to change your mind. Have an assassin threaten Buddy, that man you have a crush on, use Rhymey to mind rape you, or just use the information I have about your father. What would you like."

"Why Sunset?" asked Starla. "This has something more than just her being from another world."

"She is unique.And I have a feeling will be very important to me and my plans later on. But first, we need to isolate her, break her, and make her see that we are the only ones to join. Then, we will make her our little willing slave and then use her correctly."Grand Ruler said. "But first, we need to remove the rebellion out of her."

"And that's why. You just want to hurt her!" Starla said.

"And if you don't want to be forced into this, then you will break your bonds with her," Grand Ruler said, "Or should I have Rhymey do it. Or threaten you?"

"I-" Starla shook her head, "You are a monster."

"And you have no choice right now. So..."

-------------------------------


Starla looked at Sunset, and frowned. She whispered, "Rather have my own mind..." when she saw Sunset walking up, she reared back and then slapped Sunset, "BITCH!"


Sunset rubbed her face,"What was that for!?"

"You're a monster, is what you are," Starla said. "You were just using me to get into Grand Ruler's pockets. And then spread rumors that I was an easy lay!"

"What? What gives you the idea that I would do that?: Sunset said.

Starla frowned, "Rhymey told me. Grand ruler showed me the priff, and I always believe my master you... MONSTER!" she said, turning around a storming off, hoping no one would see her tears.

Sunset looked down at her fists,"This is more troubling than I thought." She looked up at Starla,"I'll save you, Starla." She spun around,"And I'll use the technology of this world to do it!"

A girl with glasses accidentally bumped into Sunset, "Oh, I'm sorry."

Sunset looked at her,"No, I-I wasn't watching where I was going."

"No, I'm sorry, I'm new," Twilight said, before walking away.

(Two months later)

As Sunset continued to work on his plans against Grand Ruler, a man wearing a white suit with a barcode written on it began to walk the halls. On his shoulder was a little swallow that had yellow plumage on it, "Um, excuse me, miss?"

Sunset was looking at her phone,"What?:

"My name is Lightning Dawn, and I'm a traveler from another world with superpowers and trained to be a super powerful fighter. I was wondering if you seen my rod?" asked Lightning Dawn.


"..." Sunset sniggered,"Well, aren't we forward? Look, I'm not interested in your rod, now go back into that asylum you came from."

Lightning blushed and said, "It's not kind of rod! Yeah, it's a long, hard, has a bulbous tip, fires a long beam when I heat it up and rub it hard enough, but...I'm not helping my case am I? Look, it's been taken by evil aliens from my world named the Crystalites."

Sunset began to laugh,"Okay, dude, I don't think this is the place for your crazy. Shouldn't you talk to a Green Lantern or something?"

Lightning Dawn looked confused, "Green whadda? Look I don't have time or your insanity, I have more important things to do." and with that, he walked off.



Rainbow Dash shook her head, "Sunset, I don't really trust that guy. There's just something off about him. Did you know that he was able to outpace me today and thought that was some sort of accomplishment?" she then winced as she moved her leg a little, "I'm only slow because I sprained my ankle."

Rarity leaned against her locker and looked to Rainbow, "You think he's odd? Starla has also been acting," she then paused before looking to Sunset, "Oh...is it alright if I continue to talk about her? I know she was a-"

Sunset shook her head,"It's quite alright." She frowned,"Okay, something is up with that guy. I thought he was just stupid or loony."

"That's what I mean," Rarity said, "Starla has been acting like she is bullied, shy, and bookish. That she is being picked on by her peers, having a hard life. The woman is almost as elegant as me and is trained by Grand Ruler, why would ANYONE bully her?"

"Now, why in tarnation would the Queen of the High School be acting like a wimp?" asked Applejack.

Fluttershy spoke up, "It's not just her, I think all of her friends are acting weird. I thought I saw Buddy give Lightning the grand tour and-"

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Shouted Lightning from across the hall, sticking up his chest and narrowing his eyes.

Starla looked away and said, "OH you don't have to do this." and then she began to quietly pick up the books.

"Hey, we can pick on any nerd girl we want," said one of the boys.

"See what I mean?" Rarity asked, "No on in school would pick on the pretty girl."

Sunset narrowed her eyes,"Something fishy is definitely going on. I'm going to investigate.

"Attention everyone at this happened and awesome school!" shouted Vinyl over her intercom.

"Vinyl, some of these people are in class right now," Octavia whispered, trying to calm her friend down.

Vinyl smikered, and a kissing sound was here, "Aw, but sweetie, you know I gotta be loud on the radio! How else are people going to know the news and the happenin!"

"Don't get, uggh," Octavia growled.

"With the Duel Monsters tournament just a few days away, the superintendent has announced the trophy! Presenting the Rainbow Rod," Vinyl then began to giggle, and then chuckle "Or as I like to call it, my helper when Tavi is not-"

There is a sound of crashing and then Octavia took over, "This is a special rod that Grand Ruer found outside of the school and has made to a special reward to the winner of the tournament. HE estimated it's worth to be 10,000$ and will be valuable to whoever wins this for their school."

"That's it, THat's my ROD!" shoutd Lightning, causing everyone to look back at him weirdly.

"Mine's bigger!" shouted Bulk Biceps.

"So, come one and all to the Duel Monsters tournament in about two weeks from now. And near the end ofT the month, let's not forget the fall formal." Octavia said, looking back at her partner, "Anything else to add?"

"Nope, and a fine welcome back to Ditzy Doo who was 'off' for a few days," said Vinyl.

There was a picture on the tv of the Rainbow Rod, withing was a small little gem. In Sunset's mind, she could hear the echo of "Protection" in her head.

Sunset held her head,"What in the..." She shook her head,"I feel like I shouldn't let him have that thing..."

"What, his rod?" asked Rainbow Dash

Sunset looked at Rainbow Dash,"Not sure how to answer that."

It took rainbow Dash a few minutes to think about it before facepalming and saying, "I meant that trophy."


"Yeah, I sense a great power within it... that Lightning is unworthy of using.":

The five could only stare at Sunset weirdly and Dash shook her head, "Well, whatevs. I'm sure you got it Sunny.

As the others left, Twilight called out, “Sunset!"

Sunset looked in her direction,"Yeah, Twilight?:"

"I got great news. You know that new transfer student Flash? That really smart one who seems to know a lot? He just asked me out. Said he wants to snow me something cool, isn't that great?"smiled Twilight

Sunset thought for a moment,"Um, Twilight? I don't think you should be so trusting."

Twilight shook her head, "Sunset, you were the one who told me to open up more and trust someone else once in a while. I'll be fine." she said, smiling and winking at her.

Sunset bit her lip,"I said that, but Twilight, when someone says that they want you alone to show you something special, it really doesn't mean anything good!"

"What's the worst that can happen," Twilight said with a smile, "Sunset...I know you protect a lot of us at the school ,especially the six of us. If something goes wrong... I know you'll save me."

Sunset stopped, and chuckled,"Yeah, you're right..."


(the next day...)

Sunset walked to school, only to see the five girls looking down with tears in their eyes. Sunset looked around,"What's going on?" She asked,"Where's Twilight?"

"She...is in a coma," said Applejack.

Sunset's eyes widen,"How!? Who did this to her!?"


"We don't know," Fluttershy said, looking down as she rubbed her arm. "After school she said she went to meet with someone behind the bleachers. And then-"

"We found her unconscious right there, barely breathing," Applejack said, frowning. "We don't know what happened to her."

"It's those crystalites!" shouted Lightning. "She must have met up with Flash and he hit her with a powerful spell. That is the only logical possible explanation."

Krysta whispered in Lightning's ear, "Are you sure? Considering the news we read."

Lightning looked back and whispered, "Yeah, but it's the only one I got. Probably why I am so slow here and none of my other abilities worked."

"Are you sure that's an explanation?" Applejack asked. "Why would an alien care about her?"

"Um...plot convenience?" asked Lightning nervously.


Sunset stared at Lightning,"Really? You think this is a story written by some hack with no life? This is reality!"


"That's what I mean! This is real," Lighing said, "I am a soldier in another dimension nd I have to stop the bad guys who took my rod!"

"So, you are a eunuch?" asked Dash, making the girls laugh.

"I am surprised you knew that word," said Rarity.

"It was a funny word from history class," Dash shrugged.

"But why am I even trying to tell Sunset?" shook Lightning's head.

"Because you're a boisterous imbecile who thinks he's better than everyone?" Sunset said.

Lightning shook his head, "No, because some of those people who look like my friends told me all about you. About how you are a selfish snob and a brain dead valley girl who thinks only of herself!"

Sunset stared at him, before laughing,"Look, dude, you're not going to get anywhere if you don't think for yourself. Do I sound like a valley girl?"

Lightning paused and then said, "I don't even know what a valley girl is. But I know you are one, because I trust my friends."


Sunset stared at Lightning for a long minute,"You don't know what a valley girl is..." She smirked,"Anything else you don't know about?"

"Well, I don't know how to kiss, date, how to safe search on the net, write a good novel, bake, garden, make art, lead, rhyme, star chart, navigate, or know how to keep a secret. Now, singing and dancing and fighting? That I know!"

Sunset stared at him, and then grinned,"Hey, why don't I show you how to bake, it might help our relationship a little."

"Really?" asked Lightning.

"Yes." Sunset gave an evil grin,"Come here, let me show you..."

Lightning couldn't help but sigh as he stood in front of the exploded cake, the entire kitchen covered in goo. Then he smiled, "Ok, so you were right."

"... And you're smiling?" Sunset raised an eyebrow.

"Why not?" Lightning asked, chuckling and looking down. "It's...a welcome change of pace from my world."

Sunset cocked her head,"Excuse me?"

"You try and be awesome all of the time? Never really failing at anything, losing anything, and being expected to be the greatest," he sighed, "It can wear on you for a while

(Try? I succeed in being awesome.) Sunset blinked,"You're tired of winning all the time?"

Lightning sighed and nodded, "I'm tired of being perfect. It's like everything I do comes easy to me, or I can do no wrong."

Sunset frowned,"Have you felt like things have just been handed to you by someone?"

“NO! No I," Lightning object, only to hear a small voice say.

"Yea, he kind of does," Kyrsta said.

"Krysta!" Lightning admonished.

"What, it's true.You never felt worthy of the Uniforce, you felt like Grand Ruler just gave you the power and prestige, and you don't like how you were given everything. You just like to travel and help people," Krysta said, finding a spot to perch.

Lightning raised a finger, and then he looked down. Sighing He said, "How do you keep having me pegged."

"It's a gift," she giggled.

Sunset crossed her arms,"Maybe you should tell-" She stopped,"Grand Ruler." She looked at Lightning,"Lightning, I'm telling you right now, don't trust him! He's manipulating you!"

Lightning stepped back, shaking his head, "Manipulating me? But...he is like a father onto me. He couldn't be."

"If he's anything like this Grand Ruler, than he's giving you everything to groom you into some sort of super soldier or messiah, or something!"

"That...that's impossible." Lightning shook his head, and then looked at her, "But, do you mean that the Grand Ruler here is evil?"

"Yes, and he may be so in your world." Sunset said.

Lightning shook his head, "I don't believe that. But... I don't think we should be fighting about the differences. There is something odd about Grand Ruler in comparison to mine...we need to do something to stop him.”

"Fine." Sunset crossed her arms,"Good luck though, I haven't had any luck, and I've been trying to stop him for months!"

"Months?" Lightning gasped, "how have you survived so long.”



"I had friends." Sunset smiled.

"Friends? You really think that helps?"

"Yeah." Sunset said.

Lightning sighed, "Kind of wish I had that. I mean...o f course I have friends, lots of them!"

"Really?" Sunset cocked her head,"Why didn't they come with you?"

"My master told my team to stay here because it might be dangerous," Lightning said

"... Wouldn't that mean they would come with you? Strength in numbers and all that?"

"You would think, but he said "Sending me here is risky enough, no sense in sending us all and risking our lives as well."

"That's dumb." Sunset said."How good of a tactician is he again?"

"Well, he kept the country running for a thousand years,"Lightning said.

"And what did he teach you about tactics?"

Lightning looked down and sighed. Stepping out, he happily began to play hopscotch.

Sunset raised an eyebrow,"Is your Grand Ruler a school child or something?"

"Um, maybe?" Lightning said

"Maybe? He's your ruler, isn't he!?" Sunset asked.

"Yes, but...well," Lightning sighed and looked down, "Sometimes it's hard to agree with him you know."

"How is it hard to argue with him?" Sunset asked.

Lightning scoffed, "Are you kidding? He's the ruler of all he sees. He's my master. He took me in when I was lost after my family died. How can I argue with that?

"Everyone argues with their parents every once in a while. You mean you never had a disagreement?

"NO! Never and," Lighitng looked down, "H'es not my father. Not really. He's just adopted.”

Sunset raised an eyebrow,"If he adopted you, that makes him your father."

"That's not he thinks. He keeps reminding me that the only family that counts is one by blood," Lightning said, with a bit of disdain in his voice


"Sounds like you don't agree, do you?" Sunset said,"It doesn't matter if they're blood, if they're family, they're family."


"NO! I don't agree! I lost my family when I was five years old. The only one I had for most of my life was," he looked at Krystal and then sighed, "I wanted a family so much.”

"Why don't you agree!?" Sunset glared at him,"Did he feed you? Tuck you in at night? Did he read you epic stories of fun and adventure, did he show you love and caring? Was he there to chase away the monsters? Was she able to hold you as you cried over your parent's graves!?" She stomped towards him,"Because that's what a mo-parent does!"

Lightning paused and listened to this. He sighed and hooke his head, "He did none of those things. HE just trained me, put me through hell, and didn't show one lickof caring. All my reading I did was alone. He was no father to me."


"Now that, I can agree on." Sunset said.

Lightning shook his head, and then looked to Sunset, "How about I help you with your problems first

Sunset frowned,"Alright."

Lightning smiled and left the area, not noticing Rhymey outside the lab door. A frown appeared on his face as he said, "Oh no, little Sunset. You are not going to ruin his plans,or that of my family's. I will see to that."


"You want me to what?" yelled Starla as she looked at Grand Ruler, standing in front of the window of the high school.

"I am sorry Starla, but did I stutter?" asked Grand Ruler, "I told you to romance and seduce Lightning tonight, make him see that Sunset is just exactly what I told you. A bimbo who is out to ruin you."

Starl shook her head, "With what, that whole 'mistake' you made to set up a play and a game on the same day? Who does that? And what kind of lame plot is that?"

"One that will make sure that my lady Celestia will be too exhausted from everything in order to make a smart decision. She gets too stressed, makes a mistake, and then I can break her," Celesto said, "Simple as that."

"And what's Rhymey's part in all of this?" asked Starla.

Rhymey smiled as he had his hands behind his back, "Mine? Oh, I am simply ruining Sunset's whole life..." his fingers then began to play with a phone.


Sunset began to walk to the school,"Finally, my plan is coming together."Sunset smiled, "As long as I have my friends at my side." she paused for a moment, and looked down. Hands opening up, she looked at the palms and said, "Heh, so that's what it feels like. To have friends, someone you can trust. Maybe, Mom was right. Maybe I do need-”

"I HATE ALL OF YOU!" Shouted Rarity as she stormed off. As she walked away, she looked at Sunset and snarled, "I never believed Starla, until now. I always believed you were a better person, but..." she turned away and stormed off.

Sunset looked back,"Uh, what just happened?" She walked over to where she assumed the others were,"Hey, what's going on with Rarity?"


Sunset was met with a prompt punch from Applejack as she growled, "That was for spreading lies about my family. Ah never thought you were such a lying monster. And then to join that snake in the grass Rainbow Dash! Ah never want to be near you again!"

Rainbow Dash growled, "Oh, it's you. Just.. .Just don't talk to me. Never should've been friends to begin with."

"Sunset I...No, I'm sorry," Pinkie said, running down the hall.

Sunset wiped her lip,"What the hell's going on? I didn't do anything!" She shouted. She looked around,"Where's Fluttershy, maybe she's sane."

FLuttershy gasped at Sunset's approach, and then hid away. Rhymey smiled when he saw this and took Fluttershy away from her, holding by the arm and then looking at Sunset, "It's ok love, I'll protect you my dove."

Lightning frowned at Sunset, "Tell me...was it all a lie?"


Sunset looked around,"I-I don't know what's going on!"

"What do you mean you don't know what's going on!" Lightning shouted, "Those five girls told me how you betrayed their trust, lied about them, tried to make them look bad," he continued to step forward to Sunset, putting a finger onto her chest, "And now, I heard that you tried to get Starla kicked out of the school play. I tried to talk to the principal out of it, but then she yelled and then... collapsed."

Sunset blinked,"But, no, I didn't do that. There's no reason for me to do that!" She gasped,"Celestia, what's wrong with her!?"



"What do you think," Lightning said, looking down and away, "All of the stress of running this school, her mom and dad missing, the play, the tournament? Everything! She just collapsed from being overstressed.


Sunset gasped,"Oh, no. Where is she now!?"

“In the hospital, recuperating," Lightning said, "Luna is taking over."

Sunset sighed,"Look, Lightning, I don't know what you or anyone else is talking about! I just got here!"

"What do you mean? Starla just told me about how you are responsible for this!" Lightning said,


"And you believed her!?" Sunset shouted.


"YES!" Lightning said, "I don't know about you, but I look at her, Rhymey, and the rest and I see my own team. I...just can't think of them as wrong."


Sunset facepalmed,"Okay, Lightning, ask yourself this: Why would I do this? It's actually inhibiting any plans I would have! I have no motive or reason to do this. If I were actually evil, don't you think I would keep this facade going, and not ruin my friendships? I would keep them so I could take over the world with a set of friends at my side!"

"I..." Lightning paused, and then he shook his head. Subtly, he clenched his fists and and growled, "Don't know what to believe. I'm torn, I know I want to trust my friends, but I want to trust you. You make sense, but I know what everyone else says has to be true. It's like there isn't a black and white, but a shade of grey." he looked to Sunset and said, "But I stick with my team." and then he turned away.

Sunset turned away and began walking away,"I wish I could say the same..." She kicked a rock,"He has a point, though, if we were in a similar position, I'd do the same. Doesn't mean he's not a complete idiot, like everyone else here!" She shouted to the air,"Why!? Why did things end this way!?" She punched a wall,"I worked so damn hard! I tried to put my trust in people, and what do I get? A misunderstanding that causes me to lose them all! Seriously? Has everything we've been through been all for nothing!?" She scoffed,"Well, fine. If that's what friendship is, then I want no part of it." She took a rock and threw it at the statue in the center of school,"Who needs them!?"

Then she noticed the statue warble,"Wait..." she walked to it, and put her hand into it, noticing it pass through. She smiled,"Enough time must have passed!" She jumped up,"Yes! I can stop Grand Ruler!" She turned towards the school,"If they won't help me, then fine, I take a magical artifact from Equestria, and solve this myself!"


Sunset looked up into the night sky as she attached the cloak around her. She let out a sigh," I can't believe I'm doing this." She shook her head,"What... what if I meet Mom? What if she hates me, or..." She stopped,"Convinces me to stay? Then, these people will be stuck in a dictatorship of a school and..." She let out another breath," I made my decision." She took a step back, and then leaped into the portal.


She landed on the ground with an "Oof!" She stood up and wobbled a little,"A bit out of practice, huh?" She chuckled. Then she looked at the crystal floor,"Did Celestia change the castle? I don't like it." Then she looked to her left, and saw the rock, alongside a KO'd guard that looked like a ponified Flash Sentry,"Oops." She snickered a little. She let out a breath and caused her horn to glow,"Okay, time to find the strongest magical thing in this castle that's not named Princess Celestia." Her horn glowed, and her eyes changed to a pink color. She looked around the area,"Yellow, that's Celestia. A slightly smaller roaming blue, that must be Luna back from the moon. Huh, she's normal now, that's gonna take some getting used to. The really small pink is Cadence, who's... gyrating with a white light. And then there's the really bright purple one, alongside a smaller purple light. That's where I need to be." She looked at the guard, and smiled,"Sorry about this." She took off his armor,"I need a disguise!"

She walked out the room, and stopped as she looked over the city at night,"Where the Funking Wangle am I!?" She looked over it,"This is not Canterlot!" She frowned,"No time to dwell on that, I suppose." She turned and began to walk,"Time to find me some magic items!" She then bumped into a pair of midnight-blue legs,"Oof, excu-" She then looked up the legs and into the green eyes of the night alicorn,"Uh, hi?"

"And you are?" asked Luna, glaring daggers at her, "You are not a crystal guard."


"Uh," Sunset let out a gulp,"Sunshine Glimmer, I was Celestia's former student, and I've decided to come over here as a surprise for her." She let out a grin,"Oh, great and powerful Princess Luna."

Luna looked down at her and frowned, "Sunshine Glimmer has been dead for five months, I should know. I attended her funeral personally, and consoled my sister." sh then walked around Sunset and looked her over. She then saw the sunset yin yang cutie mark, "Your cutie mark, a yin yang? Quite... unusual."

Sunset looked at Luna,(Please don't tell me Celestia informed Luna of me!)"Oops, silly me, this helmet is too tight for my head. I'm... Astor Coruscare?"

"Astor Coruscare? I am impressed," Luna said, looking at Sunset's distinct tail and mane, "I was at her funeral as well and I had the chance to duel her no less than three times in my life and I must say," her eyes glowed for a moment and examined her, "Your mana level and power is stronger than hers."

Her horn began to glow a little more, making the armor get colder and colder until it was like wearing ice, "As a matter of fact, your mana is comparable only to one other on the planet, Twilight Sparkle. Wich makes me ask." her eyes narrowed, "Who are you fooling, Sunset Shimmer!?"

(Shit, fuck, shit, and more fuck!) Sunset giggled,"You got me! Uh, I've decided to come back and surprise Celestia!" She smiled at Luna,"And might I say, you look lovely in this night, oh Princess Luna!"

"You know, they say flattery is the tool of the desperate," Luna said, narrowing her eyes. "From how Celestia told me you left, it made it seem that you had no desire to come home. And what's more-" Luna paused, noticing the magic glowing around her horn ,"A spell? What kind of spe-"

Before Luna could say anything more, she found herself in a luxurious home. She was placed on a really comfy chair while three buff and very endowed stallions began to dance for her. At her hooves, some gentlestallions attended to them, "Magnificent Mansion spell? You are clever Sunset, but I will-"

Another large stallion came to her, with a nice and thick tongue.

"Break free and find-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"


there were sounds of happiness coming from the mansion.

Sunset flipped her mane as she trotted away,"Problem L, solved." she walked over to the stairs and headed up, only to come across a certain pink pony walking by with two cupcakes,"Pinkie?"

Pinkie had one of the cupcakes in her mouth. She gave one of them to Sunset, and trotted away.

"Uh, thanks?" Sunset ate the cupcake, and trotted down the hall.

There was a low rumbling and muttering from another room. Applejack stepped out, and looked to Sunster, "Howdy." she then walked away ,"Can never find a bathroom in this dangerous place."


Sunset muttered,"Oughta hit you, but you're not my AJ..." She continued walking.

There was a loud sound coming from one of the rooms, sounding like a dragon experiencing an amputation. When Sunset looked inside, it was Rainbow Dash snoring. In another room, Rarity was sleeping with a beauty mask, and Fluttershy was in a meditative slumber. After a few more feet, she enounted Twilight's door.

Her door glowed faintly, a seal upon a seal upon a seal guarded the way. The words above, in ancient Equis said "Don't forget to knock."

"Ah, a sigil. I know what that wants me to do, it wants to trick me into thinking I should knock, when I shouldn't!" Sunset then used her magic to open the door.

Sunset suddenly found herself become woozy and sick. Then she blacked out. When she next awoke, she was in the dungeon of Canterlot for breaking and entering. There she remained until she was old and grey.








"Nooooooooooo!"

Sunset then woke up, cold sweat running down her face.

"What the hell!" She snarled, using her horn,"I'm dispelling this!" Then she tried again.

She once again felt woozy, and then she fell through a small hole. Next she found herself in the distant north, next to a portal hole.

"Are you bucking kidding!?" She leaped through the portal hole.

Now only a third seal stands before her.

"Oh, no, I'm not falling for that!" Her horn glowed.

The third seal dissipated and then the door opened slowly for Sunset. Smirking, Sunset walked into the doorway, only to step out into a bathroom of a mare, "A MARE!!!!!!" screamed the hideous overweight mare.

Sunset screamed as she slammed the door, leaving behind an impression of the mare. Sunset opened the door, and saw an ancient red dragon. Closing and opening the door, she saw the mare again "Yoohoo lover girl!"

Screaming, Sunset closed the door. Opening it again, she was then hit by a ghost train. When she came back (With a suitcase marked with various stickers) she glowed her horn and unlocked the seal. When she tried the door, it was locked.

The words "Don't forget to knock" glowed brighter.

Sunset muttered,"Might as well." She knocked.

The door slowly opened, and a skeletal ony hoof beckoned her. Inside was Twilight asleep, wih Spike a the foot of her bed. Next to her was the crown.

Sunset blinked,"That worked." She frowned,"That worked." She glared at Twilight,"That. Fucking. Worked." She growled as she stepped over to the bed. She stopped at Twilight,"Wait, I recognize that face..." She gasped,"How long have I been gone!?"

"Mmmm," Twilight muttered for a few moments, "I guess, judging from your chronical energy, about 15 or so years." xhe then went back to sleep, purred. The crown glowed faintly.

"Huh, thanks." Sunset looked at the crown,"Yoink." She used her magic to pick it up.

"No problem," Twilight said, before shooting up in her bed,and then looking at Sunset. "Hey, let go of my crown!!!"

Sunset looked at Twilight for a long minute,"No." She turned and ran.

"Well, it was worth a shot." Twilight sighed and lowered her ears, "I really hoped that would work." igniting her horn, she teleported out of her room and into the hallway. Once there, she watched Sunset run away from her. Making her horn glow a light blue she said, "Freeze!" and then she unleashed a powerful freezing ray at the hooves of Sunset. Then she made her horn glow green

(Huh, normally I would need to rest before casting my next shot, but my increased stamina is allowing me faster casting time. OH this is so exciting! I've got to see how much faster I am now!!) shaking her head, she erupted a thorny wall in front of her. "Your legs are frozen and there is a wall of thorns in front of you. Now, give me back-"

Sunset's horn glowed, her hooves burned red to melt the ice,"Burning Hooves." She caused her horn to glow,"Chromatic Orb, fire!" She fired a large red orb at the vines, burning them.

Twilight gasped, and then narrowed her eyes. Whispering "Deylaed blast," and then sent her magic out past Sunset. After counting the seconds, he opened her eyes, turning her magic to green and erupting a spike after spike of stone after her, one of them nicking Sunset in the thigh, "Spike Growth." Then she shouted turning her horn t hred, "Fireball!"

Teleporting, she made her way to stand in front of Sunset.

"Minor Globe of Invulnerability!" An orb surrounded her, blocking the fireball. Sunset's horn glowed,"Well, so much for subtlety." She glared at Twilight,"Earthbind!" yellow strips of energy burst from the ground, wrapping themselves around her.

"Ahhh!" Twilight screamed, feeling the energy lasso her to the ground. Struggling to move her wings, she knew that she wouldn't be able to fly. Looking back at her, she said, "Ok, so if you want a real magic duel..."



Twilight's eyes became white, magic flowing from them and into two orbs of Lightning. The two orbs flew right to two spikes. Smirking, her horn began to glow a bright red as she shouted, "ARCBOND!" and lightning shot out from her horn, to the spikes, and then streaked to Sunset.

"Arcbond, are you crazy!? You'll get hurt too!" Sunset's horn glowed,"Chain Lightning!" She fired several screeching bolts of lightning to strike the other bolt. She then teleported up into the air, and then slammed into the ground to cause an earthquake,"Earth Tremor!"

Twilight stepped back, impressed and amazed, "That, was amazing. No one has ever tried to block Arcbond like that. It's my second best-Woah!" her distraction over Sunset's skill allowed the earth tremor to shake her and crashed to the ground.

Shaking her head, she struggled to get back up. Frowning at the yellow bonds that kept her wings in place, she caused her horn to glow a bright green and shake the ground. With a roar, she shouted, "Erupting EARTH!"

Frombelow Sunset, the stone and crystal erupted in a fountain of power. Three fountains struck Sunset and pinned her to the ceiling. Horn's glow not fading, Twilight place her hooves to the fountains and began to breathe slowly, "Mud to Stone." the fountains then froze in place, permanently stony.

Sunset smirked as she laid in the stone,"Meld into Stone." She began to melt into the stone, and began to move within it, before popping out over Twilight's head,her horn glowing with the power of the sun,"Has Celestia taught you this, her signature spell!? Dawn!" She roared, a glowing beam of burning sun slammed down onto Twilight.

AHHH!" Twilight screamed as the power of the sun struck her down to the ground and through a small hole. Painting, she spread her wings, glad that the previous spell wore off. Making her horn glow a bright red and blue, she summons two walls a distance away from Sunset. Then she teleported out and next to the stone Sunset was melded with. Horn and body crackling with electricity, she said, "Thunder Step!" and with that it shattered the stone Sunset was melded in. Then she clapped her hooves together with her horn blazing red, "Thunderclap!"

The force of this sent Sunset flying into the icy wall and through it and into the fire wall.Twilight landed on the ground and shook her head, "She should be ok...I think."

Sunset slowly got up, the flame wall behind her covering her in shadows. Sunset's eyes and horn glowed as she glared up at her,"You keep this up, and whoever owns this castle will be very upset with the destruction this place is going through!" Her horn glowed with radiant light as she remembered another of Celestia's tricks,"Sunbeam!" She fired it at Twilight.

Twilight's horn glowed bright white, and her eyes went blank as she shouted, "Sunburst!" the beam hitting her large shield of the sun and blocking it. After the Sunbeam struck the shield, it lasted for a few moments until it dissipated. Looking up, she made her horn glow black, summoning stars that surrounded her head, "You want a crown? You got it!" she then fired all seven stars at her "Crown of Stars!" As the stars flew after Sunset, she then changed her horn to a dark green and slammed her hoof to the ground, "EARTHQUAKE!!!" the entire castle began to shake and break, leaving Sunset open for the stars attack.

Twilight then teleported outside of the castle and whispered, ""Forgive me Cadence," and then she began to ignite her horn in a blazing red and black mana, grabbing five meteors from the heavens, aiming right her. "Meteor Storm."

Sunset slammed into the floor. She looked up,"Aw, hell." She stopped,"Cadence? She got a freaking castle!? Why that no good-" She snarled,"Bet this her city as well..." She glared up at the meteors,"Invulnerability." Her horn glowed, causing her body to glow as the meteors hit.

“Prismatic Wall," Twilight said, creating three walls around her as Sunset used Invulnerability. Twilight smirked as she said, " Thanks, I knew you would use something like that to take the hit. Long enough for me to cast this!"

Her hron then glowed red, green, blue, white, and black. Aiming at Sunset, she shouted, "PRISMATIC RAY!!!!" narrowing her eyes, she said, "Even if you take the meteors, you'll still get hit by one of these!" and that was when she unleashed a stream of 7 magical beams at her as the invulnerability ended.

"Time Stop!" Sunset shouted, the sound of a clock ticking resounded as her horn sparked. She whistled as she used her horn to teleport out of the walls and behind Twilight,"Hmm, a storm of vengeance would mess with the pegasi around here, so I'll give her a good look at one of two spells she can't possibly learn."


Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares,
Release thy heavenly retribution
Blade of cold, black nothingness
Become my power, become my body
Together, let us walk the path of destruction
And smash even the souls of the Gods
RAGNA BLADE!

A large black blade of sparking energy appeared beside Sunset as time continued.

Twilight gasped as she saw Sunset come at her with a black blade of magic. Shaking her head, she narrowed her eyes, making her horn glow black with energy as she shouted "Mordenkainen's Sword!" and she created her own sword of arcane energy. Charging at Sunset, her blae met with Sunset's in mid air. Their blades struck and dueld, each one parrying and blocking the other.

Sunset landed on the ground and began to charge her horn, muttering a spell to herself. Twilight backed up, "A dragon slave? But... but, only two other ponies know that spell. I only barely know the specifics."

Her mind began to run through different blocks, but as she did, her eyes glowed with bright purple arcane magic. Then she narrowed her eyes, uttering the incantation for the spell with the same speed as Sunset. Though she had never cast the spell before, the speed with which she repeated the spell was like a master

Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the flow of time
In thy great name, I pledge myself to darkness
Let all the fools who stand in our way be destroyed
by the power you and I possess...
DRAGON SLAVE!

The twin Dragon slaves collided with each other hard in the middle of the castle

A loud explosion erupted, causing a large crater in the center. Sunset laughed amongst the smoke,"So, that's your special talent: Copying magic by seeing it! No wonder Mother made you her new student." She walked closer,"However, I can tell you are tiring."

"Even though that's my special talent, I am have almost limited mana," Twilight painted, feeling her magic ebbing. Then she shook her head, "But you should be...no" she said, using her magic sight to see the mana aura on Sunset and seeing the flame glow just as bright as a few moments ago. "That's impossible! A normal unicorn is only born with a set amount of stamina, this determines their mana limits and spells they can cast."

"... You are familiar with the concept of Yin and Yang, correct?" Sunset asked,"Yin is the body, Yang is the spirit. A pony can only have as much yang as their yin allows. A pony like you can only have as much mana as your own body will allow." She smirked,"Take a look at my cutie mark, Twilight."

Twilight shook her head, "It's a yin/yang symbol. But that means, you would have perfect control over your mana and that means-"

"I got my cutie mark after hatching Philomena. When I did that, I found that I never got tired. I used spell after spell, and I never got tired." She laughed,"I can never run out of mana." She crouched down to Twilight's level,"You can outmatch me, but you can never outlast me."

Twilight began to make her horn glow bright, panting, "No, but I can outsmart you. Watch me,"

For a moment, Twilight thought to herself (I'll trick her, I'll use a forbidden spell that will scare her. Then wen she is running, hit her with an imprisonment spell. That'll give me time to recharge and hit her with something harder!)

Closing her eyes, she began to chant.

"Thou who art darker than even darkness,
Thou who art deeper than even the night!
Drifting upon the Sea of Chaos,
Oh, Golden Lord of Darkness!
Hereby I call to thee,
Hereby I swear before thee!
Those who would stand against us,
All those who are fools,

Sunset's eyes widened,"You idiot!" She caused her horn to glow,"Silence!" She zapped Twilight.

Twilight gasped as she was hit with the spell. Shaking her head, she aimed and prepared for her next spell. Her mind going over what spells she had left and what she could use to break the spell. Horn glowing white, she began to prepare a healing spell, only to feel something hit the back of her neck.

Her voice returning, she turned to look at Sunset, "A...

"Feeblemind," Sunset said calmly.

Twilight began to fall to the ground, reaching out a hoof to her, whispering, "No..."

as she hit the ground, she let out a little neigh. All of her spells, intelligence gone.

Sunset sighed,"If you were trying to trick me, you should've tried harder." She leaned down,"I'm sure Mom will fix you up." She held the crown in her magic,"I'll bring this back when I'm done. She turned towards the hallway,"How'd you even learn that spell anyway..." She headed towards the mirror.

"Sunset Shimmer," Celestia whispered as she stepped out from the shadows.

Sunset stopped in front of the mirror,"Don't stop me."

"I won't try," Celestia said, stepped forward, extending a hoof, "I'll just ask for you to wait a moment and think about this for a moment. Whatever your problem is, whatever you are facing, please stay and we can help you. Please... take my hoof."

"... I tried to trust in people, Mother, but that didn't work. I have to do this on my own." Sunset said.

Celestia shook her head, "You don't have to... please, stay."

"I can't. They need me to save them." Sunset held the crown in her magic,"And I need this to do the job."

Celestia looked at her daughter, wanting to use magic. HEr mind ran through a thousand anti-magic spells that she could've used at that moment, but then paused. Her mind was over come with memeories of her daughter as a filly and then shook her head. Taking a deep breath she said, "I know I cannot stop you. Go and do what you think is right."

"... Thanks." Sunset leaped through the portal.

(you can't do this on your own)

"You're wrong!" Sunset shouted as the image of the final battle with the Crystalites flowed through her mind.

(I can use the magic of your rod. Watch me. Oh five elements of this world)


Sunset looked around "I summoned Ultima on this world, alone!!!"

(No one alone. Please, take my hand-)

"NO!" Sunset shouted, getting to her knees. "Everytime I trust someone, they...they"


(In her mind, she found herself angered at Twilight and taking the crown for herself. Then she could feel the corruption surge through her body until she became a nightmare.)

"They-"

(She then found herself in a crater, looking up at the hand of a darker skin girl, with long purple hair. The same eyes of a sister she wanted...she needed)

"Leave me."

("sunset," Twilight said, "Take my hand. They need you now.)

Sunset's eyes opened, and she sat up. She held her hand to her forehead and began to shake. Her shaking turned into laughter as she slapped herself,"I'm an idiot! I'm acting like they were! I got angry at them for some mild problems and ran away like some child! I can't believe myself!" She leapt off the bed,"I can't just abandon them over some... argument! I have to help them! I have to..."

She looked down at her hand,"Forgive them."

A bright light shone in the cabin as pieces of an orange gem began to form and merge together. Sunset held her hand up to take the gem.

(Forgiveness)

"This power... it's different from the others." She clutched the gem in her hand. She turned to her helmet and put it on as she ran out of the cabin. She then heard an explosion in the direction of the city,"They need me!" She leaped onto her bike,"Come on, Blaze, don't fail me!" She revved it up and drove off

It was dawn on the day of their battle with Tranza. The five rangers began to get up, and began to get dressed. Fully ready, they all began to walk out of the homes and towards the battlefield. Applejack walked alone at first, with Rainbow Dash stepping out from next a light post and narrowing their eyes. Pinkie skipped up next to Applejack, following close to her. Rarity walked alongside Applejack next, looking up at her friend worriedly. Fluttershy walked next to the others, standing with Rainbow Dash, "Shouldn't we have asked Madlyin to help?"

"This is something we need to do alone," Applejack said, looking down, "I have this feeling, we are gonna need to stand on our own two feet."

"Like we did during the sirens," Dash said, mind flashing back to the battle.


(Sunset stood with her five friends, holding their hands. Closing her eyes, she began to whisper an incantation that seemed to bring forth a spirit of a young woman with purple hair.)

"Right," Applejack said, looking at Tranza as they continued to walk towards him.

"And here, the game, ends."

Sunset leaned forward, her helmet shining under the sun,"Just hold on everyone." She weaved and dodged through the fleeing cars.

Tranza watched as the five were colored in their bright colors of their lights as they morphed into their uniforms. While they approached into hearing distance, he sang "Ah ah, standing in the heart of darkness. It's my pain my loneliness."

"What's he even singing," Applejack asked the five finished their walk.

"Oh sorry," Tranza chuckled as he stood away from the tree, "I was just singing a song from one of my favorite anime films. Being the ruler and dominant predator of your own universe can be boring sometimes. I need to keep my mind on something, so hopeless scenarios are my favorite."

Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes in her helmet, "This isn't hopeless. We're still gonna kick your ass."

"Heheh, you saw that I can best you at your own games, that I am better than you at what you are the best at, and you still think you have a chance at this?" he asked shrugging. Then he smirked at them, "You don't think I see how weak you are?Y ou're broken."

"Broken?" Pinkie asked, looking back and forth between her friends, "We're not broken."

"Yes you are, you are all broken in your own way," Tranza said, looking back between each, "Rarity is frightened right now of becoming another Luthor, of losing herself in her desire to become a good business mare. Applejack is unsure of herself, not wanting the responsibility that being a hero has. Fluttershy is scared of her powers, becoming a hypocrite in the face of the job of being a hero brings. Pinkie is trying to hold onto her happiness while scared of being called a child. Rainbow Dash is afraid of losing you. All broken."

Each girl stood silent, looking down. They could feel the pain of his words hit them hard as they took in what he said. Rainbow was thee first to speak,"So you did your research, so what?"

"So what? I haven't even gotten to the best part. You ar all broken, because you are missing someone important," Tranza said, looking at them. "You are missing something. You can tell. There is an empty space where you walk, a crestfallen look in your helms, and you look like you have made the worst mistakes in your lives."

"Shut up," Dash said.

"You stand like you are all weaker, that the person who could've held you together is gone," Tranza mocked.

"Shut...up," Rainbow Dash growled.

"Maybe it's through your own fault," Tranza laughed, "And now, she is probably even home in her own dimension. Or...-

"I ssaid SHUT UP!" Dash yelled, rushing at him.


Rainbow Dash charged at Tranza, pulling out her lightning chakram and slashing at him. With ease, he held up his forearm and transformed. Gone was his white and black shirt ensemble, instar, replaced with black and white armor and white shoulder pauldrons. Along his black armow were white spots and at the end of his arms were metal gauntlets. He smiled at Rainbow Dash before round housing her in the stomach and sending her flying.

"Well, so much for fighting together," Applejack said, racing at him and jumping at him while unleashing her lasso, "Rarity cover me!" and then threw her lasso at his neck, pulling at him to expose him to Rarity's arrows.

While Rarity launched a barrage of arrows his way, Pinkie charged at him with her hammer ready. Smirking, Traza pulled Applejack's lasso and in front of him to take the blows of the arrow. Then he summoned a blade and slashed at Pinkie before she could attack.

Turning his eyes towards the sound of Lightning crackling, he backhanded rainbow Dash into the trees. Then he summoned a gun with a green energy gem in it. Aiming, he shot at Rainbow Dash, watching Fluttershy stepped in front of the shot and blocked. Three arrows managed to strike his back, and without looking, he shot at Rarity in the chest. Then he broke through the shield ad slammed Fluttershy into the tree, cracking it.

Ducking under the attack from Applejack, he punched her hard in the stomach. Grabbing her own lasso, he wrapped it around her own neck and punched her repeatedly in the spine. As Applejack screamed in pain, Tranza teleported to the recovering Rarity and slashed at her with his sword. Grabbing her by the neck, he lifted her up and slammed her into the ground.

Applejack roared and raced at him. Tranza smirked, noting how Applejack's rage increased when he hurt Rarity,"Does she..." he paused and ducked under her roundhous, punching her hard in the crotch and then kicking her in the face. With a smirk, he kicked Rarity in the stomach and sending her sliding into a pile with the others.

Lifting up his gun, he said, "All too easy." he smiled, "Please, say your parting words.

"Hey, Asshole!"

Tranza cocked his head, before looking in the direction of the voice.

Sunset had leaped off of her bike as it was moving. She flexed her leg as she moved towards Tranza and then slammed her foot into his chest, knocking him back. Sunset landed on the ground as Blaze skidded out of the field. She glared at him as she stood straight up.

Tranza looked at Sunset,"So the prodigal daughter returns. And without any powers at all. I cannot tell if you are that brave or that stupid."

"Oh, that's rich. You think I came without powers." Sunset smirked.

"Oh, so you've found a gem as well?" Tranza motioned towards the others,"If five rangers could not defeat me, what you makes you think one will?"

Sunset held up a gem,"Let me guess, you've killed rangers before, like the other five monsters of the week have?" She looked at her friends and winked,"Well, it's a good thing then."

"What?" Tranza frowned.

"I'm not a ranger." Sunset's gem became a large buckle in the shape of her cutie mark. She placed it on her belt.



She raised her other hand in the shape of a claw,"Henshin!" She dragged the hand over the buckle, which began to spin.

Tranza ran at her, before Sunset punched him, her left hand bursting into flames. Then an orange and red gauntlet came over it. She raised her other hand to uppercut him, causing flames to cover the other hand, and creating a similar gauntlet. She walked towards him, her body bursting into flames and creating a red breastplate with an orange lower torso. She roundhouse kicked him back, summoning a greave of red and orange. She then back kicked him, causing a similar greave to appear on the other leg. She stood with her back to him as a phoenix's head appeared over hers, summoning a helm of red with orange compound eyes,"Kamen Rider Sunfire."

I would hug you in excitement, but kind of in pain here," whimpered Dahs.

Tranza got up, and shook his head. Narrowing his eyes, he said, "Rangers, Riders, you all dress like morons!" he then charged at her, delivering three roundhouses in succession. Effortlessly, Sunset blocked each strike with one hand. She then backfisted his face before backing up and then side kicking him away.

Tranza winced and brought out his sword, racing at her and ready to impale her.

Sunset spun her buckle,"White Dwarf," A feminine voice said. Her armor became pitch white. A burst of white flames came from her hand, forming a pair of nunchaku. She wrapped the chain around the blade, and then twisted Tranza's arm, before kneeing him three times.

Sunset stepped back, and twirled her nunchaku around before holding them in front of her,"I'm faster than you." She waited as Tranza leaped up and attacked her from above. She twirled around and hit him in the air before striking him in the side of the face.

She took a step back as Tranza landed on the ground. She spun her buckle around,"Red Giant." The voice said. Her suit became completely red. A burst of bright red flames came from her hands, becoming a large red claymore.

Tranza snarled, before charging at her with his own sword. Sunset struck his sword with her own. She push him down to the ground,"I'm stronger than you." She kneed him in the face, before striking him with her sword.

Tranza laid on the ground, panting. He looked up at her friends, and transformed his sword into a gun and aimed at them,"I can still increase my body count!" He fired.

"Blue Star." A voice came from beside him. Several blue shots deflected his own. He looked back at her in shock, noticing her blue armor with a bright blue gun in her hand.

"I'm a better shot than you are." Sunset walked towards him, her buckler spinning her back into her normal form,"You know why? Because I have friends." She looked down at him,"Now... say it."

Tranza glared at her,"What?"

"Say you're sorry, and I'll let you leave."

Tranza's eyes narrowed,"... how dare you? How dare you insult me like this!? I refused to be pitied by you!"

Sunset spun her buckler three times,"Then bath in a baptism of fire!" She leaped up into the air, hiking her leg up, causing it to burst into flames,"Sunflare Kick!" She shouted as she flew down towards him, her leg outstretched.


Tanza held up his hands in a pitiful attempt to stop the kick, "No, no, NO!!!!!!!!!!!"


Sunset's kick slammed into his chest, causing her cutie mark to appear behind him. She spun around as he exploded,"The sun shines brightly on this day!" She said, giving a thumbs up into the sky.

Rainbow Dash got up, her suit healing her up slowly. Smiling she looked at her and said, "That was the dumbest one liner I had ever heard. You miserable bitch!" she said, running over to sunset as she took off her helmet and throwing to the side and glomping her. "Welcome back. Took you long enough."

"SUNNY!" Pinkie squealed jumping and hugging Sunset.

Sunset laughed as she held them both,"Hey guys. Sorry for leaving you like that."

Flutterst ran and said nothing, hugging Sunset tightly. Rarity sighed and shook her head, "You just needed time to find your way back. We had no doubt you would come back."

Applejack walked up, looking at sunset with a cocked eyebrow, "You know, logically we should all be mad, yelling at you for being an idiot and never forgiving you. But here's the thing. Love, friendship, and all that? Is very illogical." sh then hugged Sunset tightly as the sun began to set.

Sunset laughed as she held them close.

Twilight looked on from afar, and scowled, before turning and walking away.

That night, outside the city with the October month beginning, six friends began to talk and joke with each other. For a moment, it was all quiet and that was perfect for the friends as peace was what they needed. Roasting marshmallows, six just relaxed under the quiet of the night, "So, the fall break starts in a few days. Who's up for a trip to Europe?" asked Rainbow Dash.

Applejack looked confused at this, "Europe, why in tarnation do you want to go to Europe?"

"Look, Rhymey wanted Fluttershy's power of being a Dragonlord, and maybe stopping that dragon thing is the answer to all of this stuff that's been happening," Rainbow Dash said.

Applejack lightly picked the fire, "Yeah, and maybe solving that will help with some of the mysteries going on here."

"Hmmm, let's see. We have," Pinkie started tapping her fingers, "Madylin's missing teammates. Those weird time thingies."

"Weird time rifts?" asked Rarity.

"You mean like how it seems that fall has been a little bit longer than usual?" Fluttershy said, before gaspin. "Sorry."

"No, what do you mean?" asked Rarity.

"Doesn't it feel weird that we did a lot in a month? A trial, respecting the loss of Dyno and Myte, finding Pinkie a job, and our gathering of the elements. It's like...time is being disturbed," Fluttershy said.

"And let us not forget," Rarity said, "Those voices in our heads, trying to lie to us."

"To tell the truth, when Igot this gem? I haven't heard a thing," Applejack said, looking at her gem.

"Yeah, that's another thing!" Dash said, looking back at Sunset, "Why is yours a belt?"

Sunset shrugged,"I'm not sure myself. I do know that I acquired it differently than you guys. It just kind of appeared in front of me."

"What do you mean differently?" asked Rainbow

"Well, you know how you guys just had them complete? Well mine formed itself right in front of me."

“Weird," Dash said, shaking her head.

Applejack leaned back a little and sighed, "Well, add that to the list of mysteries. Better get to it."

"Hey, did any of us contact our parents to say we're here?" Pinkie asked as she leaned back.

Rarity I nodded," I did."

Sunset held her book up,"I did." She gave a small smirk.

"Wait, you mean you talk to your Celestia?" asked Applejack.

"Yep. Let's say... I was in need of a little guidance."

"Oh, I see," Applejack said, rolling onto her back and looking up at the stars. Then she sighed, "Guess we've all been needing that lately huh?"

Rainbow Dash raised her hand up, "Isn't that the way through, here we are at the end of our school life and we still need guidance." then she clenched her fist, "Think the other rangers or the Titans needed guidance?"

"Of course they did darling," Rarity said, "They were young too. Lost, and needing someone to say it was all right."

Fluttershy looked to Sunset, "Did she tell you what you needed to hear?"

Sunset held the book to her chest,"Yeah, yeah she did." she leaned on her back, closed her eyes, and smiled.


Grand Ruler gasped, his eyes wide in shock, "What on Earth do you mean that my time is over?"

"It is as I said," Gallan said, Unos standing behind him in the darkness, "Your time in this mission has been over. Now that Sunset has returned and received her gem, your part in this mission is done."

"But you gave me everything! You gave me the power to change my fate, to fix things and to give me what I deserved!" bellowed Grand Ruler.

"And you have done nothing," Gallant said.

"I isolated the target. You were the ones who didn't take the soul when you had the opportunity," Grand Ruler growled, looking down angrily.

"No, you lost the soul when you had her, and now, we finally have her on the precipice of falling into our hands," Gallant said, frowning. "Now begone! We will begin stage two soon enough."

Grand Ruler looked on, watching the screen fade away. Angrily, he clutched his hands and shook in rage, "I am no failure, I will not lose everything. I will keep everything. I will keep my power! You will all see!" he said, leaving and walking to a small chamber. Opening the small cabinet, he looked at a small vial marked "G-1".

"I will be king..."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the lateness. The blog explains it all.

-G1 cells are from Godzilla.

-I love DND, can you tell? I tend to have Twilight and Sunset use every spell in the DND handbook and beyond.

-Sunset's rider form was all Zolt, not mine.

-Yes, in this particular universe, Starfleet humans actually had a Duel Monsters tournament instead of a stupid basketball game. Sunset was the one who killed the Crstalites, and the Equestria Girls movie actually did happen, just with some more Sunset and Twilight sister moments.

-My brother has this headcannon that Sunset hatched Philomena like Twilight did Spike. She sees her little phenoix as her little pet.