• Published 15th Apr 2017
  • 1,936 Views, 12 Comments

Forever a Shapeshifter - MidnightInkpaw



There was one secret that Rainbow Dash had kept from her friends, that they might never believe. A secret that could give a villan a chance.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,936

A Secret Kept Hidden

Rainbow Dash had just came back from work, her wings felt sore from the extra flying as she suggested on giving her overtime work so she could take the day (or week) off. Her bosses were not surprised about this as she had done this several times to take the day off the next time she was needed. The reason she needed the vacation was so that she could take a break from keeping 'it' up.

Rainbow opened her mailbox to see two letters and a newspaper, she grabbed the three items before entering her cloud mansion. She walked towards her kitchen and prepared a daisy sandwich which she quickly gulped down. She wasn't that hungry anyway. Dash read through the two letters she got by their envelopes. 'Letter from my dad, letter from Spitfire. Hmm, sounds interesting.

Dash teared open the envelope and read the letters contents.

Dear Rainbow Dash,

There will not be any new recruits coming in untill next month as registering has been closed. That means that we will not be training anypony then and you will be dismissed earlier than usual. We should also inform you that because of this, multiple schedules have been changed, yours included. The next time we need you, we'll send a note.

Captain of the Wonderbolts,
Spitfire

'Cool, means I got more days to rest.' Dash thought. Even though she was just part of the reserves, they gave her the job to train the new recruits, after all, she already taught a princess how to fly. Rainbow giggled as she remembered the attempts her bookish friend did at flying. After she was done, she teared open the other envelope.

Dear Rainbow Dash,

How has it been for you in the Wonderbolts? I hope it's going well. But most importantly, how's Ponyville been for you? Your friends were really nice to me the last time I visited, Hopefully there won't be some power-crazed maniac trying to take over Equestria again.

Also remember to take a break every once and a while from your 'grip' on your form. I don't want anypony harming you because of that. Be safe Dashie!

Your father,
Bow Hot Hoof

Dash smiled at the letter before going to the surprisingly large bathroom and looked at the mirror. She made sure nopony was looking before letting go of her hold. The figure in the mirror flashed green as it changed form. The rainbow coloured mane turned into a greyish colour, her cyan coat turned into a similar shade but darker, a slightly curved horn appeared on her head and her feathery wings turned into transparent blue ones with holes.

The thing opened its magenta eyes and looked at the reflection. She looked like a Changeling.

She was a Changeling.

Author's Note:

I don't exactly know the name of Rainbows father so I just made it up.

And hey! A new story! I know you guys want me to make the sequel to 'A Prank Too Far'. I'm working on it but nothing seems to come to mind right now. So while you're waiting, read this. (If you like the whole 'Rainbow Dash-being-a-Changeling' thing or you don't give a flying feather bout' it)

Edit: Changed Rainbow Dash's Dad's name to 'Bow Hot Hoof'.