• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 2,408 Views, 36 Comments

Another World: Tale of Chaotic Adventures - Maniac



One team. One strange mission. One colorful world. A double rainbow worth of adventures.

  • ...
5
 36
 2,408

Prologue: When worlds collide (edited)

From their side

Someday before everything.

Who doesn't know Lyra Heartstrings? Everyone knows! They all know that she is totally nuts about those mythical “humans”. She's liked by everyone, but her 'hobby' is something that repulses everyone. Well, not exactly, but everyone thinks she’s strange. Not crazy, but strange.

“...And look at this! This chair! How are ponies supposed to sit on it? It's clearly made for someone whose legs are bent in a totally different angle!”

Yep, usual morning for Bon-Bon, Lyra's roommate.

“Uh-huh. Totally for those... humans, right?” Bon-Bon, who was still in her bed, sighed loudly. “Anyway you didn't forget that we’re going to that mixer party today, did you? All the popular stallions will be there and I don't want you too mess it up with your human stories, okay?”

Lyra put down her chair and looked at Bon-Bon, “What's the problem then? Just go without me, I've found another set of ruins to the south of here. And I’m fairly certain there’s a ton of artifacts there!”

Bon-Bon scratched her ear. “Umm... See, Partygoer said that he will bring his friends with him if I bring you along.That means you’re popular to an extent! C'mon, your ruins aren't going anywhere, but this might be your date with destiny! And we may meet the stallion of our dreams!” she said loudly before calming down. “Uh, anyway you'll come, right?”

Lyra frowned a little, but said, “Hmm, okay-okay. But I'm sure it’ll be just another boring party.”

Another regular day.

So anyways, that was our Lyra. Musician to pay the bills, archaeologist for a hobby, and human-seeker for life.

Many days later.

“Oh my Lyra! You get to be a bridesmaid for Princess Mi Amore Cadenza? When did you even meet her?!” Bon-Bon said, simply amazed by such a accomplishment.

“Huh? Hmmm, I dunno, maybe during one of our concerts? Maybe she knows me through Octavia or something, I don't really remember. But yeah, it's an honor! I guess.”

Bon-Bon gave Lyra a strange look, “You guess? YOU GUESS?! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity! Not to mention that you can get a jump boost on your music career! There's definitely gonna be a lot of upper-class ponies there!” She then smiled, “Oh, I'm so jealous... Think you could hook me up with somepony from there, pretty please? This is definitely gonna be a date with destiny I tell you.”

It was time for the royal wedding. Lots of stuff happened, the changeling invasion, you know, the usual. Canterlot was saved and real wedding was scheduled later that day. Lyra decided to go back home until then. Oh boy, and that decision was indeed a “date with destiny”. Lyra was busy cleaning her dress for the evening when she heard strange, loud noises and the panicked voices of her neighbors. She looked out her window and saw strange markings on the ground that lead to the hospital.

Curious, she went to investigate and found the entrance trashed with some sort of vehicle, somewhat similar to the Flim-Flam brothers 'way of locomotion', parked near it. Just as Lyra went to investigate this strange vehicle, she spotted something really disturbing. It was stained with... blood? Blood was everywhere on this thing and traces of it leaded deep into hospital.

That's when she heard loud screaming (not those of scared ponies hiding under tables, mumbling something about demons nor those of security and medical staff). Those screams (also where the trail of blood lead) were coming from one of the ICU's. At first it was illegible, foreign sounding. But then... Lyra was shocked. Whoever was behind that door(which was blocked from inside for some reason) started screaming in Equestrian!

“Shit! DO SOMETHING! HE'S GONNA DIE!” It was definitely a male voice.

“I can't! Oh god, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING! I CAN'T STOP THE BLEEDING!” It was another, more feminine voice. Whoever she was, she was definitely in panic, close to hysteria.

“Calm yourself! You're not helping with your shouting.” Another male voice, but this one was more deep than the first one.

“Calm down?! How am I can calm down, captain?!” the first one replied.

Whatever was happening in there wasn't pretty

'Somepony is dying in there! I've gotta help!' Lyra ran outside to get the ladder and climbed to the window that lead to the ICU. What she saw inside shocked her.

There were six tall bipedal creatures.

Lyra couldn't believe her eyes.



It was THEM.




Creatures she recognized immediately – humans.

One of them was lying on the operating table, bleeding heavily and coughing up blood. Others were trying to stop it, but was unsuccessful. None of them seemed to notice Lyra.

'Oh, dear Celestia, what should I do? What was that healing spell right? Ugh... I've got to focus.' Lyra mentally kicked herself and forced her mind to focus. ‘Come on! Think! I read it in that one book. But which one?! Wait... I got it!’

Suddenly, a mint-colored beam shot out of Lyra's horn and enveloped the injured human's body, quickly closing his wounds, which in turn stopped the bleeding.

Everything then went dead silent. All of them stood in bewilderment, and with them all smeared with blood, they looked very sinister, to say the least.

Lyra decided to break the ice “Um, hi? I used a healing spell on your friend, so I think he'll be okay...”

“Какого хрена это было?”(The fuck was that?)

Those foreign words, it came from the one who Lyra heard first.

A date with destiny? You betcha. And the whole party fate had in store for Lyra Heartstrings was only getting warmed up.


I've got myself a proof reader, Kickass222urmom. Thanks man!
This chapter is edited by him, now should be easier to read.