• Published 7th Mar 2017
  • 2,708 Views, 26 Comments

Beware the Great White - kaminakat



Applejack was only gone for a minute, but now there seems to be a sea of blankets covering Rarity's living room. And unfortunately for Applejack, this ocean of blankets is home to a deadly and vicious snuggleshark.

  • ...
4
 26
 2,708

Attack of the Snuggleshark

A raised eyebrow is an action most commonly given in response to something unusual. Seeing an alligator in a baker's bathtub would be an appropriate example of when a pony might raise her eyebrow. Unless she was in said bathtub, in which case she would most likely just scream.

As Applejack walked into Rarity's living room, she raised her eyebrow at what was definitely a quite unusual sight.

Just moments ago, Rarity had asked her to "be a dear" and go fetch a blanket from the other room. Rarity insisted she was quite cold. Applejack thought it was actually pretty warm in the boutique, but it was the polite thing to do and Applejack was always polite to her girlfriend.

After walking back into the room with a blanket in her hoof, she saw that the room was now covered with a sea of blankets, a large chest in the corner of the room was now open, and Rarity was nowhere to be found.

Eyebrow raised.

As Applejack set her blanket down, she took inventory of her situation. She had only been gone for a minute. She didn't hear anypony moving from the other room, and it would be physically impossible for a pony to move this many blankets in such a short time.

Impossible for any EARTH pony.

She glanced over at the open chest.

Oh yes, magic had certainly been deployed. Luckily, Applejack knew of a unicorn with a penchant for mischief. She happened to be dating such a unicorn.

Applejack stepped carefully into the ocean of blankets. After a few steps, she found a note amidst the cozy madness. She scanned the room carefully before picking up the note and looking down to read it.

"Beware the Great White Shark!"

Just as she finished reading, Applejack heard a rustling noise directly behind her. She spun around quickly, but the blanket-scape was calm.

These be dangerous waters.

She heard another rustling of fabric, and felt something brush against the back of her mane. She spun back around, once again being greeted with nothing but blankets. Lifting her hoof up to feel her mane, she discovered that her hat seemed to have mysteriously vanished.

These be VERY dangerous waters.

Applejack backed toward the entrance of the room, trying to keep an eye out for her pursuer. As she was backpedaling, she eyed a raised spot in the blankets.

Gotcha.

A sly smile came over Applejack's face as she slowly crept toward the blanket bulge. She was about to beat Rarity at her own silly game.

Applejack did her best to hold back a laugh as she reached down and grabbed the edge of the culprit's blanket.

"Aha!" she yelled, pulling the blanket away to reveal a pile of pillows.

Oh.

Ohhh no.

A shadow cast over her as Applejack slowly turned around. She was immediately greeted by a flash of white, and the next thing she knew she was laying flat on the floor.

Rarity ceased play-biting Applejack's tummy long enough to gloat about her "kill". Applejack remained on the floor, her eyes closed.

"Applejack?"

Applejack focused every ounce of her being on keeping up the facade. Eyes closed. Breathe as lightly as possible.

"...Applejack?"

Oh just you wait hun.

"Darling, are you okay?"

Just lean in a liiittle bit closer.

Rarity placed her ear on Applejack's chest, starting to worry that she scared the life out of her beloved partner. Just as she heard the soft thump of a heartbeat, she was thrown back by a rush of blankets. She closed her eyes and let out a yelp.

As Rarity opened her eyes, she found herself tightly wrapped up in a blanket. She attempted to move her hooves to no avail.

Applejack stood over her, one hoof on top of her girlfriend-burrito and her hat now resting once again on the farmer's head. As Rarity turned her head to look up at her, Applejack smiled and winked.

"All wrapped up and ready to take to the market," she said, leaning over and kissing her girlfriend on the forehead, "ain't that right, little fishy-missey?"

Rarity then proceeded to do that cute thing where she gets flustered and blushes, much to Applejack's amusement. Applejack burst into laughter, laying down next her partner and throwing a hoof around her.

Rarity pouted and rolled her eyes, using her magic to undo the tightly wrapped blanket. She lifted a hoof up to hold Applejack's, and took a look at her chuckling girlfriend. Whenever Applejack laughed like this, a good hearty laugh, she would always force a single tear from the corner of one of her eyes. Rarity had never recognized the trend till now, and raised her eyebrow at such an unusual occurrence.

Applejack's laughter slowed, and Rarity watched as her partner turned to her with a smile. Rarity returned the favor.

It is uncommon for a pony to find somepony else just as unusual as they are in all the right kind of ways. Rarity and Applejack were lucky like that.

Rarity pulled Applejack close to her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. Applejack closed her eyes and gave out a relaxed sigh. Rarity's horn glowed a faint blue as a large blanket wrapped itself around the couple, Rarity closing her eyes as well.

You might be inclined to raise your eyebrow if you saw a couple of ponies taking a nap together on the floor, just moments after a shark attack no less. There are more appropriate spots to take a nap in, such as a bed or even a couch, and an encounter with a great white would make sleeping quite difficult for most ponies for quite some time. But Applejack and Rarity were two very unusual ponies, and unusual ponies tend to do some quite unusual things. And as the two ponies drifted into a cozy afternoon nap, the only unusual thing they could ever imagine was not being together.

Comments ( 26 )

"Smile, you son of a--"
*Rarity explodes*

8003037 oop, yep I think it should just be "Breathe". Thank you. Glad you liked it :o)

well that was a good little read to cheer me up, thanks for this :derpytongue2:

This makes me wish I had enough blankets to cover a room. And that I had a partner to be my victim.

Good story, I liked and favourited.

who could dislike such fluff

Is there a group for this kind of simple-fluff?

8003413
Glad I could cheer you up bud :twilightsmile:

8003414
Haha, same here. It just sounded so fun in my head.

8003557
I can only imagine it was too sugary sweet that they got diabetes and disliked in protest.

8004126
I haven't seen one, but I wish there was one. This is usually the kind of thing I wanna read/write.

8004159

Impossible for any EARTH pony.

...
:pinkiecrazy: <--- Remember her?
:pinkiehappy: <--- What type of pony is she?
:pinkiegasp: <--- Remember what kind of thing she's (in)famous for?
:pinkiesmile: <--- I rest my (hopefully not rude or insulting) case.

Thank you for writing this. I was having a hard night. This story helped me out. It was the exact type of adorable and affectionate I needed.

A raised eyebrow is an action most commonly given in response to something unusual. Seeing an alligator in a baker's bathtub would be an appropriate example of when a pony might raise her eyebrow. Unless she was in said bathtub, in which case she would most likely just scream.

Unless, of course, it is Pinkie Pie herself who is the baker, in which case she would simply say "Hello Gummy! How'd you get in here?"
8005944 Duh. Pinkie Pie is clearly less an earth pony and more an eldritch abomination from beyond the !!?%***??? in the shape of an earth pony. :pinkiecrazy:

8008125
Glad I could help :)

8008290 According to this fanfic, Pinkie may or may not be a draconequus in pony form (don't want to ruin the ending, so withholding the answer). Is that what you meant by "eldritch abomination"?
i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/506/019/a6d.png
img.memecdn.com/Pinkie-Pie-Is-A-Zen-Master_o_114060.jpg
i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/485/254/ba2.png

...Yeah, you know what? She's an eldritch abomination, and yet she still got granted control over the Element of Laughter. I DON'T want to even think about Princess Pinkie Pie Don't think about it don't think about it don't think about it - crap, brain exploded.

Very cute and very fun story! Sweet and light (and my favorite ship), romantic without anything lewd....just perfect!

Oooooh this was too cute!!!!!!:rainbowkiss:

I've heard from others that the Rarijack ship (one of my personal favourites) can be difficult to write, but you've pulled it off beautifully here. So cute fluff. I loved it! :raritystarry:

8014316
Thanks! It's interesting that people say it's hard to write, I find that it comes the most naturally to me out of all the ships I ship. Probably because I relate most to AJ + Rare out of the main cast, so it's kind of like writing a conversation between two sides of myself.

This is one of the cutest stories I have read in a wile.

:rainbowlaugh: Oh Celestia that was funny and cute. :rainbowlaugh: :pinkiehappy:


8016363 It's while you goofball. And I think this might be Fluffle Puff levels of fluffy.

8016472
*audible gasp*
*blows raspberries*

8017021 The Fluffle is strong with this one.

Ahhh, you have a wonderful way with RariJack, this is incredibly adorable!!

Is overdosing on fluff possible?

Anyone else want art of Rarity rolled up in blankets like a burrito now?

Seriously cute. I'll keep this handy to read if I'm ever having a bad day and need a good laugh and dose of cuteness.

A raised eyebrow is an action most commonly given in response to something unusual. Seeing an alligator in a baker's bathtub would be an appropriate example of when a pony might raise her eyebrow. Unless she was in said bathtub, in which case she would most likely just scream.

What a wonderful opening, I agree, uuuuunless it’s Pinkie!

Impossible for any EARTH pony.

Uuuuunless it’s Pinkieeeee!

Rarity pouted and rolled her eyes, using her magic to undo the tightly wrapped blanket. She lifted a hoof up to hold Applejack's, and took a look at her chuckling girlfriend. Whenever Applejack laughed like this, a good hearty laugh, she would always force a single tear from the corner of one of her eyes. Rarity had never recognized the trend till now, and raised her eyebrow at such an unusual occurrence.

Eyebrow raise 3x


Adorable bit of fluff, my only complaint: what? It’s just so random.

Short, cute fic, romance with no suggestiveness, RariJack, what’s not to love? I give thee a final rating of GOOD!

Login or register to comment