• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 16,258 Views, 381 Comments

Harbinger, randomness of George - LucidTech



Brother of discord shows up. Turns out he's actually a good guy. Just don't piss him off.

  • ...
30
 381
 16,258

Nuts and Screws

After the combined efforts of four entities working over the paperwork, the quartet had freed up some ‘free’ time for the princesses during the following day and night. Luna had opted to take a nap for the day, as was her wont. This left Entropy and George to accompany Celestia to her decided activity with her spare time. It was revealed that the white alicorn was leading them to the school for gifted unicorns to be observe the student’s tests for the morning.

Upon entering the test room, a pair of stiff-backed chairs had been set up for the duo to sit in as they watched over the participants. With a snap of his fingers, George transformed his chair into a water bed and immediately plopped down upon it. Looking out from under Entropy’s brim, George smiled at Celestia. “Would you like one as well?” he asked as he started to settle into a comfortable position on the unstable surface.

“Thank you for asking George, but I assure you that I am quite fine in my normal chair,” the princess said with a soft grin.

“Suit yourself. You sure that I can’t convince you?”

“George, even if the princess did wish to sleep on this monstrosity of a bed that you seem to enjoy for some reason, do you really think that she would wish to do so in front of her subjects?” Entropy’s face was unreadable as per usual, but the tone of light joviality that one uses when talking to children was unmistakable in his voice.

“I suppose you’re right,” George responded while he lowered his head onto the bed. With a snap of his fingers, an old worn book winked into existence in his palm.

“Already, George? I don’t recall you getting bored so easily,” Celestia asked with a hint of teasing in her voice.

“Hmm?” The man glanced at the princess. “Oh no, I’m just reading up on the subject of unicorn magic before we start,” George said as he showed the cover of the book to the solar princess. The cover was quite odd, with an outline of a unicorn scrawled upon the surface underneath a set of black lettering that read ‘Unicornomicon’. Before the princess could ask about the book, she was cut off when a guard announced that the tests were starting and a singular pony was sent into the room. George sat up in his bed and looked toward the pony anxiously.

The hopeful unicorn was a filly of about eight years. As she entered, her eyes went wide upon spotting Celestia sitting at the far end of the room. After a moment of shock, the filly dropped into a bow and George started snickering. Celestia turned her gaze to the man with a raised eyebrow and the man’s amusement escalated into a full on laugh. “I-I’m so sorry, Celestia,” he said through his laughs “I just can’t help but crack up at the way ponies bow.”

The princess motioned for the unicorn to rise and, after a few more laughs, George calmed down and composed himself. After he was finished, Celestia spoke up to the shocked pony. “Start when you are ready.” Her tone was calming and the young unicorn took a breath in through her nose and closed her eyes. After releasing the breath slowly, the young pony nodded to the princess. The act was returned and the filly began to gather magic in her horn.

As the magic was slowly condensed into her horn, George looked to the princess. “So, do you know who this is?” he asked softly as to avoid breaking the filly’s concentration.

“I believe I’ve seen her here before. From what I recall she’s been here to test twice prior, but her magic always got out of grip and disappeared before she could do anything with it,” Celestia returned in a soft tone.

With a bemused expression, George looked at the mare and closed his eyes. He gathered a tight ball of chaos magic in himself, then let it slowly bleed into the air. As it moved toward the filly, George was aware of all the magic that was in the room: the filly’s, his own, and the basic level magic that Celestia gave off. Just before his magic reached the young unicorn’s horn, George realized far too late what was different about her magic. It was laced with chaos.

Before George could withdraw his magic, the two collided and fused with each other before letting loose in a massive explosion. The wall behind the filly was knocked loose and she was sent flying out of the hole it left behind. With immediate action, George grabbed Entropy’s brim and a flash of red issued from his hand. After a sudden flick of his wrist, the hat was thrown onto the bed behind him and George broke into a run.

Diving out of the impromptu window that he helped make, the man tucked his limbs to his side, giving him a lot more speed as he plummeted toward the flailing filly. The filly paused her reckless motions as she looked at the biped who was fast approaching her. The ground was speeding toward her, but the man was flying even faster. He was within an arm’s reach when he reached out for the pony who was so close to death...

And then he snapped his fingers and flew right past her. The filly blinked at the empty sky for a moment before rolling over to look toward the ground. There was now a cannon where there hadn’t been one before and the pony’s mind went blank. With an explosion that rocked the nearby buildings, George flew out of the cannon and grabbed the young unicorn in his arms.

They soared through the air towards the same hole that they had fallen from. As they reached it, the momentum of the cannon shot faded away and they came to a halt at the apex of their flight. George spun three times end over end before landing easily on the stone at the edge of the room where the two had been not moments before. Upon landing, a series of fireworks shot up from behind him and the man smiled widely before placing the filly on the ground.

“I will give you a nine out of ten for that one, I think. It was well executed, but a bit too flashy and needlessly overt,” Entropy said from his position on the water bed.

“Fireworks were too much?”

“The CANNON was a bit much. The fireworks were just the nitro on top of the glycerin.”

Before George could form a retaliation against his hat, a group of guards burst into the room. “Are you alright, Your Majesty?” The captain asked. The other guards were approaching George and the filly who stood behind him.

“Yes, captain. I am perfectly fine.” Despite her words, the other guards continued their approach toward the man.

The captain turned his attention to the man and he took on a look of anger. “I should have known that the brother of Discord would be helping in this attack,” he spat.

George snapped his fingers and Entropy teleported onto his head. With that done, the man smiled and looked at the guards. “I’m sorry, you’ll have to explain this one to me a bit. What attack?”

“You know very well what attack. Don’t play dumb.”

“If I’m playing, then what’s your excuse?” George asked nonchalantly as he placed his finger on his chin in mock thought.

“Are you insulting me?” The captain demanded, his eyes narrowing at the very idea that someone would have to gall to do so.

“No, I’m trying to get you to see reason. Plan A failed, and so did Plan B. Now we have to punch each other into submission so that I can ask the question in a shallow tone and you’ll answer out of respect for my fighting skills.”

“Both of you, quiet down!” The voice was Entropy’s and it flowed with enough force to freeze not only both males, but also the rest of the guards in their places. “How about we have the princess work this out?” Both nodded at the idea and the hat looked toward Celestia.

“Very well then,” Celestia answered as she walked toward the gathering. Upon arrival, she turned her head to the stallion who had been arguing with George. “Captain, would you mind explaining the situation?”

“It is very simple,” the captain said, relaxing into a more factual tone. “That filly isn’t the pony who was signed up for this test. We found out when the original arrived with a completely unkempt mane and coat. When asked about her truancy, she informed us that her clock had been set incorrectly so she wasn’t awoken on time. She also has no idea how that had happened because she had triple checked it before going to bed.”

The filly behind the man shuffled behind his legs and out of sight of the guards. “And so,” George said as he pieced the puzzle together, “you automatically assumed the worst when an explosion issued from up here, leading you to believe the princess was under attack. Which, in turn, explains the actions of you guys upon arrival.”

The guards nodded and George turned his attention to the filly behind him. Crouching low to the ground, the man could feel the inherent magic energy coming off of her. With a snap of his fingers, the colors faded away from the pony, revealing an earth pony mare with two-tone hair: pink and white. Chaotic energy was writhing through her body even now, and George looked at her with pity.

“Who is it? Do you know her, George?” Entropy asked from atop the man’s head, unable to get a clear look at the pony below his brim.

The biped didn’t answer immediately, instead remaining silent as he looked at the pony. “She’s just trying to fit in. She was caught in the middle of one of Dizzy’s chaos rampages. The magic fused with her mind and made her into this. All she wants is to be normal, but the magic in her won’t let her.” George looked at the eyes of the pony, the eyes that danced with swirls and madness and yet were also full of so much despair. With sudden determination in his voice, the man spoke again. “Can everypony back away please?”

The guards were about to protest when Celestia glared at the captain. With an audible gulp, he backed away from the biped, his patrol following him as he did so. The alicorn backed away as well and watched with intrigue as the man placed his open palms on either side of the mare’s head. With a deep breath, the man closed his eyes and focused on the magic that was flying crazily within the filly’s body.

With a sudden snapping noise, like a breaking branch, a green sphere wrapped around the three beings and Celestia had to blink away the tears springing from her eyes as nearly overpowering waves of magic flooded into her body. She backed up several more steps, until the magic overflow was minimal, and looked back toward the spectacle. Grass began to sprout from the stone near the trio and vines started to climb up the nearby pillars. Without warning, the sphere turned red and the plants caught aflame for a second before turning to ashes.

The sphere then started shifting through colors at a blinding rate and all manner of incredible impossible things occured. Frozen flames and plants of stone would spring to life and then disappear, only to be replaced by something even more unbelievable. With another snapping noise, the sphere vanished into thin air and the magic that had been released was gathered and stored directly inside of George.

George opened his eyes once again and looked at the young mare in front of him. Her eyes bore normal irises once again, though her hair remained it’s odd pink and white mixed color. The best part though, the best part was that her eyes were crying tears of joy. Without warning, the mare clamped tightly around George’s midsection in a hug while the salty water dripped down her face. “The voices are gone!” she exclaimed. Her voice was young to match her form and the man smiled to himself.

“Awwwww,” George said in a light-hearted tone before looking over his shoulder to the ivory princess. “Can I keep her?”

Author's Note:

More thanks to StapleCactus, of course. Turns out that commas are pretty useful things. He has taught me the beauty of the comma. And so, in honor of the comma, a paragraph.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In other news, I set up a tumblr so you peoples can ask me questions.http://n64fan.tumblr.com/Do with that what you will. (Ask me questions, I get bored while I mull over chapters