• Published 13th Mar 2017
  • 925 Views, 41 Comments

Necropolis - Blitz Brigade

  • ...
4
 41
 925

Chapter Two: Hillbilly Knight

Beside the Castle there was the training ground comprised of barrack's, archery ranges, and training grounds. One training ground was a circular stone building with a dirt floor in the middle and in it were two women.

"Applejack! Get your ass over here, right now!" A dark voice shouted from a pale woman with white hair and violet eyes.

"Yes, Sergeant Fleetfoot," A blonde woman replied through gritted teeth. She walked over to her Skyborn peer, awaiting some annoying job, like scrubbing the latrines with a toothbrush. "What can Ah do fer ya?" She asked.

Fleetfoot raised an eyebrow. “Excuse me?" She asked skeptically. "Is that anyway to speak to your superior?"

The woman named Applejack rolled her eyes before correcting her speech. "How may Ah be of service to you?" She said with a salute and a sigh.

"Much better Hillbilly." Fleetfoot smiled triumphantly before continuing. "My sparring partners are out chasing down a thief, and I need someone to train with. So, since I don't really have an option, I'll give you a chance to train with the best of the best in the kingdom," Fleetfoot said to the young knight. “Now grab your sword and put on some armor."

The country girl grabbed her sword and armor before speaking. "What's this about Ma'am?" She asked as she fastened her armor. "Most of the time ya just ignore me or give me chores. Not that I'm complainin' of course."

Fleetfoot unsheathed her steel bladed sword. "Just be glad I'm allowing you the privilege of fighting me, Hillbilly.”

Applejack balled her hands into fists, suppressing her urge to punch Fleetfoot. "Ah suppose, but don't yah think this'll be just a teeny bit unfair?" Applejack asked.

"Don't worry, I'll go easy on you," Fleetfoot said, assuming Applejack was talking about her.

"Well, um, Ah don't mean to brag or anything, but Ah'm stronger than you. Like, way stronger," Applejack answered, hefting her large sword that was three times her size.

Fleetfoot glanced at the sword before scoffing and shaking her head. "Typical Hillbilly," Fleetfoot sighed. "You honestly think that brute strength will win you this fight?" Fleetfoot asked, turning to face her opponent.

Applejack sighed. "Let's just get this over with."

Applejack took a fighting stance, holding her heirloom claymore in both hands.

Fleetfoot held her two swords and looked at Applejack with anger in her eyes, almost as if she had something to prove.

"Ready..." Fleetfoot said and both her's and Applejack's stance stiffened.
"Go!"

Applejack raised her sword and brought it down hard, but Fleetfoot dodged the attack with ease.

Fleetfoot countered, closing the distance between herself and Applejack and striking her on the knee.

Applejack stifled a cry as she swung her sword to the side, but Fleetfoot leaped up and out of the way using her ankle wings.

Applejack widened her emerald green eyes and shouted. "Hey, yah can't do that! You're cheating!"

Fleetfoot landed on the tip of Applejack's sword.

"Cheating?" She asked. "Typical Hillbilly, there's only one rule in a skirmish,” She said, rushing towards Applejack. "And that's to fight until your opponent can't!" She yelled, diving at Applejack with her swords aimed towards her.

"Oh, it's on, missy," Applejack said to Fleetfoot as she leaned her upper body back to dodge Fleetfoot's blades.

She charged at Fleetfoot, sword raised over her head and brought it down on the Skyborn soldier. Fleetfoot didn't dodge, instead she blocked it with her swords by making an X with them. Applejack pushed down with all her might, but that strength became her downfall as Fleetfoot released Applejack's blade and rolled left. The force Applejack pushed onto the blade was brought down so hard that the blade had sunk deep into the ground. So deep that Applejack couldn't pull it out.

Fleetfoot used this to her advantage and rushed to Applejack, kicking her in the chest. Applejack was sent flying back before skidding to a halt. She got up as Fleetfoot stomped towards her. Applejack took a knee and bowed, her head lowered in defeat. "Ah surrender.”

Fleetfoot looked up to the stands where someone was watching the fight. The person slowly shook his head at Fleetfoot, which made her angry. She threw away her swords and lifted Applejack to her feet by her collar. She cocked her fist and punched Applejack.

"YOU *punch* ARE *punch* NOT *punch* BETTER *punch* THAN *punch* ME!" Fleetfoot screamed as she mercilessly beat Applejack.

She tried to pull herself away from Fleetfoot and block her strikes at the same time but failed. Punch after punch, blow after blow Fleetfoot threw as her knuckles were stained red with her blood and Applejack's. She reared back her fist again but when she tried to use it to punch Applejack it froze. She turned around to see Flash Sentry holding her arm tightly.

"Showers. Now," He ordered.

Fleetfoot scoffed. "Yeah, news flash Flash. You may be captain of the Royal Guard, but I'm apart of the Wonderbolts. You have no jurisdiction over me, and besides, you're only a 'temporary' captain."

Flash's grip tightened on Fleetfoot's arm. "I wasn't asking," He growled.

Both Fleetfoot and Flash stared down the other, until Fleetfoot released Applejack and Flash released her arm. Fleetfoot picked up her two swords and made her way towards the exit.

Flash looked down to Applejack and bent down. Applejack's face was bruised, slightly bloody, and partly swollen.

Flash reached into his inside jacket pocket and pulled out a vial of pink liquid. He removed the cork and dipped a handkerchief in it. He took the wet handkerchief and dabbed it on Applejack's face. As the liquid was spread onto her face the cuts and bruises began to disappear until Applejack's face was completely restored.

Flash offered her a hand, which she accepted, and pulled Applejack up on her feet.

"Thank you sir," She saluted wearily.

"No problem," Flash grinned before frowning. "What Fleetfoot did was out of line and uncalled for. But unfortunately, because I don't have jurisdiction over her, there's nothing I can do about is," Flash said before changing the subject. "Tell me Applejack, do you have any interest in a mission?"

Applejack raised a brow. "What kind of mission?" She asked.

"Fraid I can't go into details." Flash admitted. "All I can say is that this mission is classified as rescue, and assassination."

"I've never killed anyone before," Applejack admitted. "Why are ya choosing me?"

"It's not my decision. It's the Princess’s," Flash said.

Hearing that, Applejack's eyes widened. "A mission from the Princess!" She yelled. "Well then sign me up!"

"Very well. As a Paladin, I hereby order you to keep what I'm about to tell you secret. You are to tell no one about this information. Do you understand?" Flash asked.

Applejack put her right fist over her heart and her left fist behind her while stiffening her stance. "Ah swear on my creed to keep this information secret. You have my word."

Once Flash was confident that he had Applejack's word he revealed the mission.

"About five days we received rumors that a necromancer was raising an army of the dead. Three days later those rumors became fact when an army of undead started destroying towns and villages. We sent a group of specialized troops to handle the situation, they've been classified as MIA," Flash explained. "The Princess is organizing a team to rescue the MIA's and possibly assassinate the Necromancer."

"Ah understand completely and ah accept the mission," Applejack saluted. "Who am ah working with anyways?"

Flash motioned Applejack over to the stands where Rainbow Dash was chained to a pillar. She gave Flash a hateful glare as she pulled on her shackles.

"I'm not a dog, you know," Rainbow stated.

"Coulda fooled me," Flash joked. "Rainbow Dash meet Applejack, Applejack this is Rainbow Dash."

"Nice to meet ya," Rainbow greeted. "I'd shake your hand but I'm currently tied up at the moment."

"Why is she tied up, sir?" Applejack asked.

"Rainbow Dash is in chains for attacking the Royal Guard and stealing," Flash answered. "But the Princess wants her for the team, so we have to do this." Flash walked over and undid the shackles on Rainbow's wrists.

The shackles fell and Rainbow rubbed the red marks on her wrists. "You're just letting me go?"

"Correction, I'm putting Applejack in charge of you until I can find the remaining members," Flash patted Applejack on the shoulder before leaving. "Good luck."

As Flash walked off Applejack frowned at Rainbow as she crossed her arms. There was a moment of awkward silence between the two until Rainbow spoke up.

"My name's Rainbow Dash, it's nice to meet ya," She said, extending her hand.
Applejack stared at the hand for a second before responding. "Ah don't talk to criminals."

Rainbow receded her hand before sighing. "Well you're a bucket of sunshine aren't ya?"

Author's Note:

Now, this is what I'm talking about! A nice, long chapter to satisfy everyone's needs! I am also going to combine the chapters for rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie into one chapter, since I don't really know what to do for them. I might make indivual chapters later, I dunno