• Published 13th Mar 2017
  • 927 Views, 41 Comments

Necropolis - Blitz Brigade

  • ...
4
 41
 927

Chapter One: Speedy Thief

“Help! Guards!” A green haired skyborn woman screamed, pointing to a teenage girl running with a leather wallet in her hand.

“Well, as much as I'd love to stay and chat, I've gotta dash!” A rainbow haired girl said, clutching a wallet.

She jumped in the air, and a pair of magical light blue wings appeared at her ankles. The girl jammed the wallet in a satchel she had at her side and flapped the magical wings as she flew above the crowd of people.

“See ya, Cinnamon!” The girl said to the woman she had just stolen from.

She flew with such agility and speed that no one even saw her as she flew by them. All except for one person.

“Rainbow Dash!" A voice called the girl's name.

She skidded to a halt as a skyborn tan skinned man with blown back blue hair, emerald eyes, and a Wonderbolt's uniform pointed a sword at the girl. "Stop now, and no harm will come to you! Refuse, and you're not gonna like what happens next."

The girl simply grinned triumphantly, as though she already knew the outcome of the fight. “Soarin, you know just as much as I do that that will never happen!" The girl named Rainbow Dash shouted as she easily flew past the man named Soarin.

"And besides, you know I like a challenge!” Rainbow flashed a cocky grin.

“Can't say I didn't warn you,” Soarin shrugged.

He nodded at an unseen force, and in an instant, an orange blur caught up to Rainbow in seconds. The blur crashed against Dash's back and forced her to the ground.

“Spitfire, you too?” Dash shouted as the fiery haired woman who had just knocked her over grabbed the wallet out of Rainbow's hands.

“Sorry Dash, but I've got a job to do, and you've got a cell with your name on it,” Spitfire said.

“Not if I have anything to say about it!” Dash said. She rolled her body and disrupted Spitfire's balance. Rainbow used the opening to her advantage and knocked Spitfire to the ground.

“That all you got Spitfire?!” Dash shouted back as she ran away, “I expected more from the captain of the Wonderbolts!”

Spitfire groaned as Soarin helped her up. “Why the hell does she keep doing this?" Spitfire demanded.

"She just wants attention," Soarin answered. "She thinks that by beating us we'll accept her as a Wonderbolt."

To that Spitfire let out a laugh. "Rainbow Dash?! A Wonderbolt?!" Spitfire laughed. "Yeah right, the day Dash become's a Wonderbolt is the day you lose your virginity." She pointed at Soarin, who gave her a blank look.

"To far Spits. To far," Soarin sighed.

“I can't believe I'm actually going to make it out of here without getting caught!” Dash said to herself, then she ran right into a circle of guards.

“Spoke too soon,” Dash said as she grabbed her bow from its sheath on her back.

The bow had no string and it was made of hard oak wood, so it was very durable, the ends of the bow were adorned with ivory, and it had three magic infused gems built into the it; one in the handle, and one at each end of the bow.

“Fellas, I give you two options. I can make this easy for you, or I can make it impossibly hard. Which do you prefer?” Dash joked to the guards. They responded by drawing their swords.

“Nobody chooses option one anyways,” Dash joked.

She closed her eyes, ignoring the rumble of feet as the guards ran after her, and channeled all her magical energy she had into her hands, and before Dash knew it, she had an arrow shaped lightning bolt held between her two fingers.

Dash opened her eyes and notched the arrow on her stringless bow. She aimed at the guards, pulled back on the arrow, causing it to stretch like rubber but still staying straight as before, and released. The arrow sailed through the air, and landed with a thunk in a guard’s chest. The bolt stuck out of the guard's golden plated chest for a second before it bursted into multiple bolts of lighting that stretched to the other guards wearing gold armor.

“She's an elementalist! Run!” A guard shouted.

Dash grinned as every guard that was sent to capture her ran with fear. Only for them to come to a halt and salute. Rainbow gave the guards a confused look until they shuffled to the side, revealing a skyborn man with pale skin, spiky blue hair, and icy blue eyes. The guards around him fell to their knees and bowed.

"Forgive us captain," Some of them begged.

"We're cowards," Others said.

The man simply rolled his eyes and walked towards Rainbow.

"You were put up against a girl with a magical bow capable of shooting lightning bolts," The man said. "I'm honestly surprised none of you pee'd yourselves." The man laughed under his breath.

Rainbow didn't know who the man was and she didn't care, she created another lightning bolt and pulled it back, causing it to stretch like rubber. "Whoever you are, you better get out of my way before I put this bolt straight between your eyes," Rainbow threatened and the man simply chuckled as he continued walking.

"You're going to shoot me? Well you can try I guess," The man chuckled as he continued to advance.

"I'm warning you!" Rainbow raised her voice, stretching the bolt further back but the man did not cease his advance. "I warned you!" Rainbow declared, releasing the bolt from her grasp.

The bolt sailed towards the man and was upon him in seconds. But before the bolt could collide with him he swung his hand and smacked the bolt away from him. Rainbow starred in shock at what the man just did, she shook away her startled state and aimed another bolt at the man and fired. And just like the last bolt, the man smacked it away.

Rainbow snarled, creating bolt after bolt and firing it at the man, and bolt after bolt the man would smack it away as he continued to move forward. The man came to a stop and sighed.

"You must be one shitty elementalist if all you can do is shoot lighting," The man said, not even caring as he swatted away Dash's bolts.

Rainbow growled as she created another arrow but this one was a large shard of ice. She unleashed the sharp icicle towards the man and it was swatted like the lightning bolts, but when the ice hit the floor it froze the ground beneath it. Rainbow created another arrow, this one made of pure fire. She fired, the man swatted it, rinse and repeat.

"Come on!" The man groaned in sheer boredom. "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

That got on Dash's last nerve and she poured every ounce of magic into her next attack.

"YOU WANT ME TO GO ALL OUT, HUH?!?!" Rainbow roared as a large fire bolt, lightning bolt, and icicle appeared in her hands. The three arrows combined into one, creating an arrow of swirling magic. Rainbow pulled the bolt f magic back, "LET'S SEE YOU DODGE THIS!" She roared as she unleashed the bolt.

It was slower than the others, but what it lacked in speed it made up in power as a shockwave boomed from where the arrow launched. The man held up his hands and the bolt of magic collided with him. The bolt pushed back the man, digging his feet into ground as he slid back before coming to a stop. The arrow morphed into a swirling ball of magic in his right hand.

Rainbow Dash starred in disbelief as her strongest attack was just caught like it was a ball.

"You're good," The man admitted, tossing the ball of magic between his hands. "I can understand why she'd want you to join. But sadly I'm still gonna have to turn you in." The man said as he reared his arm back and threw the ball straight towards Rainbow. The ball collided and created a huge explosion, which undoubtedly knocked Rainbow out.


Dash woke up in a musty cell with handcuffs on. Her head hurt badly, and the back of her head was full of crusty blood. She couldn't make her magic wings appear, and she couldn't produce her magic arrows for her bow was gone. Dash knew she couldn't use her elemental or Skyborn powers due to the fact that she probably was wearing magic blocking handcuffs.

"Well look who woke up."

Rainbow turned her head to see the man she had fought leaning back on a pillar inside the cell.

"Been wondering when you were gonna get up. Nearly half the guards wanted to leave you for dead." The man stated. "Oh, speaking of which, the guard that you hit with the lightning bolt wanted me to relay a message to you. This is something he said with his dying breath." The man grinned as he walked up to Dash,

And rammed his fist right in her gut. A gust of air was forced out of Dash, causing her to fall to her knees and cough uncontrollably.

"Now that that's settled," The man dusted off his hands. "Let me give you two options."

The man bent down to be at Dash's eye level. "Option one, you live out your sentence, which is a ten years by the way, or option two, you join the team our Princess is assembling."

The man stood up. "And just to be clear, you do have choice. So what's it gonna be?"

Rainbow gave the man a glare as she answered, "What do you think?"

The man grinned. "Excellent choice," The man said, opening the unlocked cell door. "Lets go Skittles."

"My name's Rainbow Dash, retard," Rainbow stated as she stood up.

"My name's Flash Sentry," The man grinned. "And I have a feeling we're gonna get along just fine."

Author's Note:

Okay, so this chapter wasn't as long as I had wanted it to be, but I was super fun to write about my favorite character. You can like if you want to, or dislike if you want to. I don't care.

Thanks again to TheStoryTeller! S/He's a great editor! And a great Co-Author!