• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 3,522 Views, 74 Comments

Be Careful What You Wish For - darkstone57



Starlight has victory in her grasp, she will use the spells of time and space to create a new world of her desires come to life... But, as she comes closer to that reality, something from a world beyond will show her fury. Has she brought her end?

  • ...
2
 74
 3,522

Chapter 2

Be Careful What You Wish For
By
Darkstone57
Chapter 2

Her body was launched out of the ether and continue to carry forward. She opened her eyes to see that she was shooting towards a rock formation and with quick thinking she pushed her wings away from the rock to bring herself to halt midair.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Twilight began to get her bearings and take a look around the area to gather where she is. As she turned to find out, her jaw dropped.

“What...the...heck?” Was all Twilight could muster as she struggled to comprehend the sight before her.

Various rock formations in different shapes and sizes were all, somehow, hanging aloft in the air, each in facing various directions; left, right, upside down and every other direction. What was more peculiar was there were trees planted on some of them and even more perplexing was that, from what she could see, was there were connected to each other by long streams of water. But, the most confusing thing that caught her eye was, what Twilight assumed to be, the sky. It was hard to tell if it was far or near but no matter where she looked, the sky twisted in a circular motion of various shades of dark blue, similar to that of a vortex.

As Twilight tried her best to make sense of it, she turned back to realise that the rock formation that she was going to initially crash into if she didn’t stop was also another platform facing horizontally. Deciding not to argue against it, she hovered toward and held out all four of her hooves forward.

Feeling sceptical, she made contact and the platform felt like a solid chunk of earth. As she straightened her body and brought her head up right, her whole world vision altered with her and what should make her nauseous from her angle position felt normal.

“What in the name of Celestia is this?” Twilight asked to no-one, “It’s as if the laws of space don’t apply here... How is that possible?” As Twilight continued to inspect this peculiar world, trying to understand it, she something at the corner of her eye that became; the focal point of her attention.

In the distance, far beyond various platforms, a black snake like creature with red markings and red eyes effortlessly flew through the world’s atmosphere.

“This place must be that creature’s home,” Twilight observed as it disappeared from sight. Putting a hoof to her chin, she began to wonder about the creature itself, how was it able to appear into her world? Was it sent by some higher power? Is it intelligent? Is it a monster, or something more?

Regardless, Twilight put aside her curiosity and decided to act upon what she came here to do; finding Starlight Glimmer and bringing her back. But... what would she do when she brought her back to Equestria? Twilight decided that would be a question for later and it would prominent to find Starlight before the creature found Twilight. Who knows what it would do with her, if she was seen by it. ‘Would it be easier to fly there?’ Twilight pondered, ‘Yes, but I can’t risk being seen by the creature, I’ll stick to the platforms and try to stay out of sight.’

Looking at the direction the creature came from, she could see that there platforms of all sorts leading to that general direction, assuming Starlight is there, still it was better to start somewhere.

She saw that the closet ones was two facing in opposite directions, she hoped that traversing across this place won’t make her sick but it had to be done. ‘Wait a second,’ Twilight’s mind lit up when a simple solution came to mind, ‘I can just teleport across to the platforms, it will be sure to save me time in finding Starlight.’ She cast her gaze on the first platform that was tilting to the left and bore a confident smile as she lit her horn and within a second she teleported with a purple flash from where she was to where she was going to be.

It was a success and she was proud of it as she saw world view alter again. “I could get used to this.” Twilight quietly claimed with a smile as she looked to the platform that was opposite the one she was on, in this case it was above her. Focusing on her target, she concentrated and in seconds she teleported from point A to point B.

With a repeated success of her test, she felt more confident than before as it showed in her bright smile as she confidently said; “I’ll have Starlight out of here in no time.”

Before she took a step forward to look where the next platform she could feel something close by and, not before long, looked to the floor of the platform to see it was darkened slightly, her ears dropped at the feeling of dread as she hesitantly looked up. She held her breath at what she saw; the creature was slowly flying above her, traversing the atmosphere away from her general direction. As she froze from the sight of its size, it being so close, she saw that it had various red markings across its snake like body and its shape was still unclear because of the darkness surrounding it. But, she could see that what appeared to be attached to its back, were two sets of three long tendrils with red spikes on the ends.

Twilight began to panic, if the creature decided to turn around and see her there, an intruder in its world, who knows what would happen. Seeing the best way to stay out of sight, she knew what to do.

A sound came from the behind the creature that made its body stop and swirl around to look at what made that noise. Its red eyes focused intently on the closet platform and when it saw nothing on said platform it let out a deep growl as it slithered across the atmosphere toward it.

The black creature stopped short before coming near it as it gave it a look over again to see there was nothing on the platform, a sound was heard again and then it turned its instantly turned its gaze to the adjacent one.

There was nothing on that one either. Its eyes narrowed as it gave it another look over.

Nothing...

The creature was not taking too kindly to this as it let out a frustrated grumble before it slithered away and headed off out of sight in the blink of an eye.

After a few moments of silence, Twilight appeared on the platform, her whole body was laid against it, clinging on to the platform for dear life. Her breathing rapid and panicked as she was sweating bullets of having the creature so close to her face. Taking another moment to regain her composure and slow fast breaths, she wiped the sweat from her forehead.

‘Alright,’ Twilight thought frantically, coming to terms with her situation, ‘New rules; No teleporting and no magic.’

Elsewhere, the creature was effortlessly swimming through its home as it made its way past various rock formations of various scales and effortlessly weaved around some water as it connected between two places and headed off into the distance.

From her position in a crevice, watching the creature slink past for the fourth time, Starlight looked over her being as she could see what light this place had to offer inside the crevice, she was bruised and had a couple of small cuts across her hooves.

She breathed a heavy sigh as she looked up to the swirling vortex that was this world’s sky as she thought with sadness, ‘What did I do to deserve this?’

Deciding not to dwell on it too long, she rested her head against the wall, closed her eyes, and drifted away to sleep.

Not long after she fell to sleep, something outside of the crevice looked down upon her with interest and scoffed.

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

So, go on, tell me what you think? Eh?