• Published 28th Feb 2017
  • 2,079 Views, 7 Comments

The Deepest Darkest Secrets - Silver Inkwell



Twilight tries out a new spell on Fluttershy, it does not go/ turn out very well.

  • ...
5
 7
 2,079

One

Twilight slowly examined her very new book that she had been recently given to, one that was from Princess Celestia herself, and as such she treated this one with even more tender loving gentle care than she normally did on a very regular basis. She skimmed through and glanced at the pages very quickly trying to absorb every detail and spell in. Then with a very bright big huge smile on her face she took in a big huge whiff of the book. Oh, that smelled so good…

There was a whole lot in this book, but one very particular spell stood out from the rest, “Darkonius Fathomonia Secextras, this spell reveals and masks any living creature’s true real side. Warning: This usually causes the subject to always tell the truth no matter what it is, how cold, cruel, or blunt. However, it also can bring about something that the caster of the spell has never seen from the subject ever before, any and all behaviors and actions of such can and shall, and will only be held responsible to the caster of the spell instead of this book, it’s writers, editors, of chief ponies for any and all part(s) that are of this book.”

She rolled her eyes and sighed, she was fine with legality matters, but did they have to do it with every spell? It was becoming very annoying at this point, so much quite so that Twilight wanted to write a letter to them and complain.

She didn’t of course, because she was just too nice, kind, and generous of them and any and all of their mistakes. The spell looked very interesting and left a whole lot to the imagination, and now all that she needed was a willing test subject, but who could she find on such notice? Twilight sat down and then put one hoof on her chin and folded back her wings as she thought. Rarity would surely be too busy working on her clothes, Rainbow Dash would probably just be too lazy to do it unless she tricked her into doing it instead, Applejack would be hard at work on the farm, and Pinkie Pie… well… she was just herself.

She could go over and double check that they weren’t busy, but she knew that they would be since they all already had plans for today, plans that Twilight knew very well, her other friends however, they could work out, right?

“Nope, sorry, I can’t today, too busy with the shop.”

“Nope, sorry, I can’t today, I have to take my mom’s sick gold-turtle to the hospital and have it get a massage- I mean its shots for its health of course.”

On and on these answers of no went, each time the answer did seem remotely plausible except for a very small select few. Finally, she had no other choice.

“Spike, will you come here for a moment?”

Here was no answer and she suddenly knew exactly why. Spike was out doing something boy related with Big Mac and Discord of course.

He wouldn’t be back until later on this evening.

That left only one last final choice.

Sighing she slowly went over to Fluttershy’s cottage and knocked.

She waited for a very long moment until the door finally opened up very slowly.

“Oh, well hi there, Twilight,” Fluttershy said very nervously now then.

“Hey Fluttershy, I was wondering if you would be willing and able to do something for me? It’s nothing really, it’s just very small, tiny, and little.”

Fluttershy considered this for one moment as her lips quivered and then she finally sighed. “Yeah, I guess so, I don’t really have anything planned today anyhow,” she said. “Great, let’s get started right away then, shall we?”

“Yeah, I guess so,” Fluttershy said scooting very nervously out of the way.

“Okay then, so I found out this new spell in this new book given to me by Princess Celestia, there’s only one small slight tiny problem, I have no idea what it does yet exactly and I was wondering if you’d like to be my very first test subject.”

“Uh, well yeah, sure, so long as it doesn’t hurt me…”

“Oh no, it doesn’t, not from what I’ve read at least, it only changes you and makes you tell the truth apparently, so it’s nothing too bad that much really.”

“Oh, well then, fine, I don’t even really mind at all.”

“Well then that’s just great, fine then, let’s get started now, shall we?”

And with that said Twilight lit up her horn and said the magic words to the spell.

“Well? Do you feel anything at all? Anything strange, out of place, unusual, or very highly much odd instead?” Twilight said now then.

“No, I don’t feel anything yet, nothing at all,” she said.

“Well the spell should be working since it said the effects were instantaneous.”

“Well I don’t know about the spell, but I think that it’s time that you should probably go and leave me now, right?” she said very gently Twilight towards the doorway. “Well I guess so only if you want me to leave you first though.”

“Well guess what, I do, so yeah, please just go away for now!!!”

And with that said suddenly the door was slammed shut right in front of Twilight’s face. Wow, she had never seen Fluttershy act so rude or out of place either before, it was almost as if… no… it couldn’t be the spell, right? But it just had to be since there was nothing else that Twilight could possibly ever think of to explain her very recent behavior and actions that she just took.

Twilight sighed, she should have known better than to just test out a random spell without any kind of hypothesis or knowing what it did either exactly.

She didn’t know what to expect now since she had cast the spell, but whatever was to come next, she was sure that she would be very surprised and shocked.

She decided to go back on to her own home and hoped that whatever happened it would turn out well enough for her instead of going very bad.

Later that evening Spike did indeed come home and was very curious if anything interesting, odd, strange, or out of place had happened since he had left.

“Well I did try out this new spell from this new book that princess Celestia gave me on Fluttershy, but I’m still afraid since I have no idea how it works out yet exactly though,” she said. “Oh, well then, I hope that everything works out well enough, but who’s the author or spell maker of the book though exactly?”

“Star Swirl of course, who else? I mean he did practically invent every spell.”

“Yeah, all except for one, the levitation spell,” Spike grumbled under his breath.

“Well how was everything with Discord and Big Mac?”

“Just perfectly excellent and wonderful, we reenacted Lord of the Rings,”

“Huh, well that’s good enough I guess, well, good night for now then.”

“Yep, good night,” he said going into his own bed trying to get comfortable just as Twilight did since her wings kept getting all stiff and straight on her.

And with that said all was silent in the castle.