• Published 2nd Apr 2017
  • 9,398 Views, 451 Comments

The Evil Paradox - Alcatraz



Immortality is not the years you have, but what you do with them that matter.

  • ...
23
 451
 9,398

Arc I: Genesis

Author's Note:

First and foremost, reading these notes is entirely optional. If you want to get straight to reading, you're more than welcome to. The primary purpose of these notes to give you a better idea of how I'm structuring and planning the story.


I will keep this as spoiler free as possible.


If you don't want to read this and would rather get straight into the story, click "Next Chapter".


First and foremost, the description plays off far into the future of the story and won't be returning to that point in quite some time.


Due to the sheer gap of time from beginning to end, time skips are an inevitability. Nothing too major at first, a few days here and there, though there will eventually will be skips of decades or even centuries further down the line. I will clearly mark these chapters at the beginning to avoid confusion when the time comes.


The time difference between Earth and Equestria is based around (a completely arbitrary) one week on Earth equals one year in Equestria. The numbers present are rounded down for simplicity's sake, but are mostly to give you, the readers, a better idea of how much time has passed/will pass between Earth and Equestria. (It's always an option to include expanded numbers. Just let me know in the comments.)


Earth vs Equestria
30 Years - 1560 Years
10 Years - 520 Years
1 Year - 52 Years
1 Month - 4 Years
1 Week - 1 Year
1 Day - 52 days
1 Hour - 52 hours


There will be no update schedule. However, I will keep the percentage of the current chapter-in-progress at the top of the description as I've done in the past with ANCTL.


There will be multiple arcs in this story covering different time periods, and will be planning each arc one by one, allowing for reader feedback and to lessen the possibility of conflicting story elements later on. The first arc is all planned out, so I'm not short on writing material. That said, there will be long periods with no updates between each arc.


Please bear in mind the "Alternate Universe" tag. This story is being written from the ground up, so events and characters will be reinterpreted or simply missing to better suit the needs of the story.